8/21 – 9/30
As noted in the previous entry, this Blogworthy Report was delayed by some major-major projects, including a new library website and upgraded community website:
New LLResearch.org!: As you have surely seen by this point, the new archive website is now live! The final month of production in the lead-up to the finish line seemed to snowball with more and more work, but thanks to the concentrated efforts of Daniel and our extra elbow grease, we were able to launch just a few days after the autumn equinox. Please read the news announcement linked above for a list of many of the new features, services, and resources on the new website, along with some of the goals for the near- and long-term future.
Upgraded Bring4th.org!: In addition to the change of the template itself (the way the website looks and feels from the user’s perspective), the site is finally fully useable from a mobile device! That means it scales to one’s phone, and can be read and posted to easily from one’s phone.
We also worked with the CSC (Community Stewardship Circle) to streamline and update the Guidelines of the forums, revise moderator procedures, and launch a new forum called “What is Love?” that we situated at the very top of the forums.
In connection to the launch of the Library site, we will prune unneeded features from Bring4th’s home page and sync the remaining features to their corresponding pages on the new Library site at LLResearch.org where the information will have been transplanted. The long-term plan is to eliminate the home page altogether and distill the Bring4th site down to its essence: the forums. While all of Bring4th’s non-forum features will eventually move over to LLResearch.org, the forums will remain a semi-independent website distinct from the Library website.
With these efforts and more to come we hope to make Bring4th a more mission-aligned and positively oriented experience for all.
Though we, Gary and Austin, invested our share of effort, it was Steve who made the upgrade itself happen. In completing this upgrade, Steve struggled and toiled and had a couple Charlton Heston’esque moments of questioning the Sky God on his knees wondering why the Divine Master hates him so. What was supposed to take a few days stretched into 2.5 weeks as he had to take off time work and spend a multitude of nights deep into the a.m. in a life that includes raising a family. As he summarized: “It seemed as one pipe became fixed, another leak sprung somewhere else in the system, and this continued in frequency and complexity until I was up to my neck in water.” But, he persisted.
Steve, we extend our love and bowing heartfelt gratitude to you for this gift to L/L Research and to the users of this forum. Thank you so very much! We are happy also to report that after 13 years of purely volunteer service, which included building Bring4th.org itself, Steve has finally accepted compensation for the first time as well.
New Intermediate Channeling Circle transcript: We continue to joyfully meet for our regular channeling circles. Thanks to transcribers Wen and Suzanna, plus a little extra editing and formatting, two new transcripts have been published:
ABOD Narration: Jim also recorded a moving narration of a message from A Book of Days to share with seekers:
- Working with Translators
- Arabic: We received sessions 10–20 of the Ra Contact in Arabic from B., not to mention joyful conversation, thank you B.! (Making language 20 when it is published.)
- Farsi: And thanks to M., Ra has made their debut in Farsi (Persian), in the form of the first five sessions! Thank you, M!. (Making language 21 when it is published.)
- Korean 1: We received outreach from one J and their family who all seemed interested in translating the LOO into Korean. We got that ball rolling with the standard translator terms and protocols we send to all translators and… the line went cold, as it sometimes does.
- Korean 2: But the universe, undaunted and apparently wanting Ra to make their way into Korean, sent us Sienna who reached out a few weeks after J. This time the line stayed hot and we have had a productive start to what looks like the promising prospect of translating Ra into Korean. Thank you, Sienna! (Will make language 22 if it comes to fruition.)
- German: Jochen has succeeded in his relocation to Berlin! This is not just a personal move, though, he is busily networking with seekers in Berlin to form a Law of One center in the capitol with regular meetings and much potential for service and growth. We were able to issue Das Gesetz des Einen Verlag a small grant to support the move. And Jochen has begun work on helping L/L Research to form a more solid foundation for a license management program following the model that he pioneered for the French and German languages. We are also exploring the prospect with him of forming a European publishing center for all languages of that continent.
- Romanian: Received from the most prolific translator of the transcripts (following his work on the RC books), Romanian translators from Horia. Thank you, Horia! In addition to enjoy dialogue, also had the pleasure of connecting Horia to Jochen for the possibility of getting Romanian into print.
- Dutch: Received help from Lucas on translating portions of the website. Thank you, Lucas! Also received outreach from a Dutch seek offering to volunteer their efforts for Dutch translator and got off to a wonderful start. Then helped quickly and in multiple rounds to translate portions of the new website. Thank you, Erik!
- French: Misha is nearing the end of translating A Concept Guide into French and occasionally finds errors with the Q&A numbers or other typos. Gratefully logged those, Thank you, Misha! Also received outreach from Zineb, a PhD student in North Africa fluent in French who wanted to help the French efforts. Also off to a wonderful start. Connected Zineb to Jochen and Misha. Thank and good luck, Zineb!
- Serbian: Worked a little with Alex on updating the translation of the most fundamental phrase/concept in the canon, “Law of One,” into Serbian. Thank you for the extra care, Alex!
- Translations: Thanks to Ivy (French), Jochen (German), and the translation powerhouse known as Horia (Romanian), we have a good stack of new transcript translations to share with the non-English-speaking world. Thank you Ivy, Jochen, and Horia!
- September 16, 2017 channeling transcript in German
- April 28, 2021 channeling transcript in French
- April 27, 1982 channeling transcript in Romanian
- July 22, 1984 channeling transcript in Romanian
- July 26, 1987 channeling transcript in Romanian
- May 29, 1994 channeling transcript in Romanian
- October 8, 1989 channeling transcript in Romanian
- April 25, 2009 channeling transcript in Romanian
- June 18, 1989 channeling transcript in Romanian
- June 25, 1989 channeling transcript in Romanian
- March 19, 2006 channeling transcript in Romanian
- June 3, 1990 channeling transcript in Romanian
And Mauro, the Italian translator, put together a collection of Italian Law of One books after he finished up with the Italian Ra Contact volumes. And Fedir, the Ukrainian translator, has produced a complete Ra Contact Volume 1 translation! Congratulations Fedir, and thanks to you and to Mauro.
- Law of One Books 2-4 in Italian
- The Ra Contact Volume 1 in Ukrainian
- LLResearch.org-Related: Among the many items accomplished in the final minutes of the ultra-ultra-long marathon to get the new website published on our end (Daniel’s list of tasks is even longer), include:
- Finishing the transfer of recently published content from the old site to the new site.
- Scouring the site for bugs, reporting, exploring, and solving them (the latter being Daniel’s forte).
- Working to get some finalized translation aspects squared away with the various translators, especially with Sean regarding the distinction and functionality between Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Finalizing a watermark design.
- Polishing up the FAQ and adding a few more questions to the mix, along with a dozen or more other pieces of text around the 5,000+ page website.
- Working out the podcast RSS feed.
- Updating the copyright policy.
- Managing some difficult DNS and security certificate issues once the switches were flipped and the official announcement was imminent.
- Dialoguing with Ian (creator of and webmaster for the first incarnation of the library site) to learn more about the history of the first site and receive some constructive feeedback
- Working on the search feature in hopes of it being launch ready but yielding to the inevitability that it will need to be a post-launch project.
- Worked on examining every aspect of the URL tree structure of the site to further simplify.
- Creating the news announcement with and social media announces for the website and the three social media outlets
- And pinged each and every available translator with a spreadsheet of English terms used for navigating the website that Daniel put together to make the site more user-friendly for foreign readers. All that coordination a sizeable project in itself, thanks to: Luisa (Spanish), Misha (French), Jochen (German), Alex (Serbian), Powel (Polish), Horian (Romanian), Edgard & Pedro (Portuguese), Mauro (Italian), Laszlo (Hungarian), Romi & Vojta (Czech), Lucas and Erik (Dutch), Sean and Terry (Chinese, worked extra hard thank you), Ori (Hebrew), Kirilina (Bulgarian), Lana (Swedish), Fedir (Ukrainian), Unity100 (Turkish). Other than Turkish (on its way), only Russian or Indonesian remain unresponded to.
- Website publishing: Now that the new website is live, publishing to the archive site can resume as normal. Along with new translations and a couple channeling transcripts, Tomas also helped us out by creating PDFs for the recent channeling circles. Thank you, Tomas!
- Seeker ministry: As always, seekers continue to write in looking for guidance, directions, simple answers, to share their stories, to offer love and gratitude, or to simply connect. We do our best to give each message individual due attention, and continue to be honored to be in a position that serves as a connection point for so many wanderers and seekers.
- Light/Lines: The Fall 2021 edition of the Light/Lines Newsletter has gone out, with a channeling discussing topics ranging from kundalini, our relationship with the collective, new energy, and the metaphysics of African American origins and culture. You can check it out on our new Light/Lines archive page. Printed, packaged, and shipped the hardcopy version for those without internet or those incarcerated seekers.
- New board member: Welcomed Suzanna Miller into the mix! A regular attendee of L/L events, and a reliable volunteer, Suzanna is someone with whom we have a rock-solid relationship of mutual trust and love, and someone who has a deep love and passion for L/L’s mission and the Confederation philosophy. A very grounded and balanced person, she works excellently on a team while being an independent self-starter with multiple entrepreneurial ventures in her life, including her own rather bold, spiritual, service-based undertakings in leaps of faith into the unknown. She holds a beautiful blend of world savviness and spiritual seeking, a much needed balance for an organization that exists within the world, outwardly, but seeks beyond its boundaries, inwardly and upwardly in time/space and beyond. Welcome and thank you, Suzanna!
- Instagram: Built and launched and began posting to L/L Research’s own first Instagram account! (Waiting till after announcement of the new library site to announce Instagram.)
- AWH audiobook: Juliane was delayed in the work due to her cat Nico having some health issues, but she is back on the case! And very uplifting in her feedback about the new website. : ) Thank you, Juliane!
- IMU: Continue not to receive notifications from the IMU forums where Jim conducts the Basic Principles of the Law of One course. Tried getting tech support on the line and relayed forum essays to Jim and his replies to them.
- TAW videos: Finally began receiving finalized videos from our dear friend and L/L volunteer, Ken, from the Tilting at Windmills interview! Still a big project to come, we’ll need to watch them all and add overlays where footnotes (of which there are many in the book) may be appropriate.
- Untranscribed Channelings: In the long process of getting the audio of the channeling transcript library onto a hard drive, Trish discovered over 20 sessions that didn’t have text transcripts on the website. She got a project underway to transcribe those previously unpublished channelings from the 70s – 90s.
- Tarot card deck proposal: Made contact with a couple of generous seekers who are interested in helping to produce a professional quality tarot card deck based on Ra’s specifications. Dialogued and scheduled upcoming meetings.
- Sharing the Confederation’s Message:
- Updated Facebook and Twitter with Confederations quotes, and updated Patreon with L/L news and offerings.
- Continuing working on producing the Ra Contact YouTube Videos.
- Processed and shipped orders from the online bookstore
- Nuts’n Bolts:
- Online store: As Steve upgraded the Bring4th server for the forum upgrade, it had some unintended consequences on the online store, which is hosted on the same server. After he pulled most of his hair out trying to solve the issue, it appeared that the issue had solved itself. But unbeknownst to us, there was a second and deeper issue still gumming up the works. So we are back to troubleshooting and Steve is back on the task trying to get is squared away. Teamwork between Trish, Austin, and Steve seems to be showing the way.
- Legal stuff: The legal realm is such a mundane and secular aspect of our world that is surprising how relevant it is to an organization like L/L Research and the material that we publish. We continued working with our attorneys to clarify and explore certain aspects of copyright as they apply to some of our current situations. It is an interesting exercise to approach this through a spiritual lens.
- Audit: Proactively explored with our CPA and the board the prospect of gaining an external audit of the finances. A very costly prospect, we are learning!
- Foreign-language contracts: Worked in multiple rounds with the publisher of the original LOO books about our stipulations for foreign-language contracts to help us ensure the integrity of the translation as best as possible. Also connected to the legal stuff bullet point above.
- Bookkeeping: And since the last report, performed five to six weeks worth of bookkeeping to keep the financial universe in order.
- Smatterings: Worked with seeker to create new merch offerings on our Etsy page (Thanks, Matthew Beck!) | In the course of creating the Ra Contact YouTube videos (where the original audio is overlaid with the text), discovered tweaks missed words or other minor tweaks. Sent to Tobey for updates on his site. | Received word from the publisher of the original five volumes of the LOO that they have updated the softcovers. | Reached out to Luis to see if he would want to add the Austin LOO study group to the new study group directory and received an affirmative reply. Thank you, Luis!
- Intermediate Channeling Circles: Met on our personal time for three channeling sessions, one each on Aug 25, Sep 8 and Sep 22.
Personal sharing & Announcements:
Seven years of Das Gesez des Einen Verlag on Oct 1 – Seven years ago today the ink (digital) dried (figuratively) on the paper (Word doc) officially establishing Das Gesetz des Einen Verlag and launching L/L Research’s first licensing partnership/satellite operation. With great quantity of time and quality of effort, disproportionate to the financial returns of the enterprise, Jochen proceeded with gusto and preserved in his efforts.
Not long thereafter he combined forces with one of L/L’s most treasured friends and translators, Misha, to form Maison d’édition La Loi Une (Allemagne). And they have been a power team ever since as their network has expanded to include volunteers working directly with them along with others interested in supporting their efforts in the belief in what we are all doing here on Earth and in desire to share in the same mission.
And seven years later not only has Joche and team managed to print and make available a considerable number of L/L Research titles, including some of their own, but now Jochen has begun a whole new promising chapter in Berlin! And the growth continues as he look to start a Law of One center with group meetings, network more intensively, help form the basis of a licensing program for L/L Research, and even explore the possibility of launching a European print center for L/L titles in other languages.
Cheers to seven years and a toast to the next seven!!!
Asheville visit – The week the new website launched, Trish and I (Gary) worked remotely in Asheville, NC, while in the company with our friends in the Asheville Law of One study group. It was a successful experiment in working remotely while continuing the collaboration with our friends, though mostly at this stage a deepening of relationship and a continued exploration of mutual other-self discovery.
Since our last visit just before the pandemic in Jan, 2020, they’ve come a long way. Among their group, they’ve five homes clustered together that forms something of a small village. They share group work-based projects, group works in consciousness (like “ceremonial inquiry” using The Work of Byron Katie, authentic relating, and radical honesty circles, among others), evening meals that rotate between houses, and homeschooling not only their own kids but other parents who enroll their children in their program, along with the weekly Sunday Law of One study group (now in its fifth steady year) followed by a potluck and a fire circle.
The region itself is so rich with mountains and natural beauty and alternative/spiritual/eclectic/granola/progressive cultures, and rich with the pioneering efforts of our dear friends to anchor one point of light (among others around the planet) for the birth of a new earth, the density of love and understanding.