|Member: L/L Central|
Location: Louisville, KY
Interests: Gary Bean and Austin Bridges wear a lot of hats in attempting to meets the needs of the organization and the readership. Our weekly Blogworthy Report represents most of the diversity of our various honor/duties. In our work we have the added honor of collaborating with volunteers in the various projects and services that L/L Research offers. We love the Confederation philosophy, L/L Research, and the readership with all our hearts.
The Blogworthy Report details the adventures, happenings, and work of L/L Central. On a weekly basis, Gary Bean and Austin Bridges supply a list of bullet points highlighting their collaborative work for L/L Research. Occasionally they may also offer a specific update, a personal reflection, or unconditional love.
You can access Jim McCarty’s daily “Camelot Journal” via the home page of Bring4th.
2/9 - 2/15
- Channeling transcripts: Edited, formatted, and published the two next channeling transcripts to the archive website:
- December 21, 2019, Saturday Meditation - Topics: The Creator's will vs. personal will; crystallized being in group context; unblocking the blue-ray energy center; meeting the needs of others while preserving the self; allopathic healing.
- December 28, 2019, Saturday Meditation - Topics: Speech and telepathy; communication with the higher self; the process of death; eating meat; autism.
- Coming Home to a New Earth 2020: Officially opened registration for this year's Coming Home gathering!
https://bring4th.org/news/index.php?newsid=178. And began processing registrations.
- Indonesian Ra Contact Volume 1: It was a long journey, but after a couple more days of focused work, finally crossed the finish line in formatting Volume 1 of the Indonesian translation for The Ra Contact. Sent it off to Fatiha for review, and pending her feedback and correction of any errors, it will soon be published to the archive website.
- PDF files for website: Got caught up with Tomas after a bit of lapse in communication, who then proceeded to format the 8 most recent channeling transcripts for PDF publication. Thank you Tomas! After review and conversion, published them all to the archive site.
- Website design meeting round four: Received and reviewed notes and a video from Daniel of his and the team's latest work and updates on the website, including incorporation of our feedback, then met Daniel for a Saturday to continue work on the website. It continues to make our L/L hearts flutter.
- Asheville friends: Put together and sent an email to the Anchor Circle of Asheville then met for a 2.5 hour meeting to dialogue on the foundational work of the Temple of the Open Heart. The majority of our focus was on our relationship.
- Book cover images website: Daniel needed some hi res images for book covers of the entire library for the new website, yet all of the cover images we have for the library are all disparate sizes, types, resolutions, etc. So an effort was made to render new, consistent, hi res images for each book, and then sent along to Daniel for his use.
- Concept Guide: Gary caught up with Austin in the editing. Austin has just three more parts to go. Then Gary first drafted two of the remaining three pieces! Sent one off to Diana as she had expressed interest in contributing to one piece in her own words.
- Concept Guide cover art: Got together to review Aaron Maret's incorporation of Julie Joy's artwork into cover art and felt all the thumbs, and the sparkle fingers, go up, and emailed confirmation. Thank you, Aaron M!
- New transcription system: Received back from Laura her first two channeling transcripts. Thank you, Laura! Dug into reviewing and refining the new system with her. Edited her two transcripts plus one from Aaron Turner. Thank you, Aaron T!
- G Suite and Trello: Continued the process of getting a system of file syncing and virtual workflow set up, working with Google support to untangle a kink in the Google for Nonprofit system and get our free G Suite access verified and finalized, and began customizing the system for our uses. Also continued discovering the many uses of the amazing Trello.
- Media project package: Of the various media projects in the works, one, the docuseries, is crossing a threshold of real momentum and significance. Received an initial contract from Roger, dialogued and scheduled a meeting. Then constructed a full package of information was assembled to send along to the L/L board of directors after the coming annual general meeting in order for them to cast a fully informed vote on proceeding with this exciting project. And sent to Roger the TAW footage for 26 chapters of the book for him to begin reviewing. Thank you, Ken Wendt for the latest videos!
- Hawaii Law of One meetup: Received a great report from Garry Fung detailing his small Law of One gathering in Hawaii. A few had to cancel at the last minute but the remaining small group made a great day of it, including meditations, meditations, discussions, a presentation from Moani on the "Depths of Beingness," from Rie on "Where I truly found Home," and Garry on "Why the energy centers are so relevant." A lot of diversity in a schedule from 10am - 5:30pm!
- Practice channeling: Met Tuesday evening for another practice channeling.
- Book 2 update: Reviewed the publishers many purely grammatical tweaks of Book 2 to ensure no unnecessary errors were introduced and shipped it back to the publisher.
- Czech Team: Continued some dialogue with Vojta of the Czech team about the Prague 2020 event.
- Annual General Meeting: Constructed an agenda for the upcoming meeting to review an entire year of L/L Research with a look toward the horizon, along with sweat spent completing a 2019 financial report.
- Seeker Email and Bookkeeping: Though bearing little relationship, completed this week's worth of both.
- Odds and ends and regulars: Along with the regular flow of things to accomplish on a daily/weekly basis, there is also a constant flow of irregular duties/honors that arise. Some are mission-oriented, some simply the logistics of running and organization, some interpersonal, and some defy classification. Many of them are too mundane or minor to allow them to clutter this Blogworthy list, yet are worth a collective mention due to the time and attention they tend to demand along with the more noteworthy work happening around here.
Couple Personal Sharings:
- Got a kick out of this "wanderer who expresses himself through hiphop"
- Enjoyed the following short story from Isaac Asimov. In it one hears a faint echo of the Primal Logos, as Ra describes it, "reabsorbing" the octave (or universe) into a singularity, subsequently entering an unimagineable timeless state, considering a concept, laying a plan, and re-birthing a new universe.
2/2 - 2/8
- Podcast: Edited and published the next episode of the Law of One Podcast, our longest episode yet at 1 hour 37 minutes! We were joined by special guest Joseph Dartez to discuss conspiracy theory and its relationship to the Law of One and the spiritual path. Listen here: https://llresearch.org/podcast/default.aspx
- Indonesian Translation: Continued the efforts of formatting the Indonesian translation of The Ra Contact Volume 1, without a day going by that work wasn't put into the slow effort. It's taking an unusual amount of time for a few reasons, including: the book is just long; it contains intricate and difficult formatting thanks to the inclusion of Q&A numbers (an inclusion worth the effort); small quirks and oddities from the way the original translation was formatted, requiring some wrangling with Word to get things in order; and formatting foreign languages can be a bit difficult, as it throws off the eye and makes it harder to spot things that are natural when formatting English. But the primary text is done along with all introductory sections, now the only significant pieces left are the photo gallery and the Re-listening Report. Very close!
- Google and G Suite: Following a tip from Aaron Maret, began the process of exploring the use of G Suite for a shared virtual workspace and cloud storage system for when Gary and Trish depart to Asheville, as Google offers it for free to nonprofits. Turns out they have other neat benefits for nonprofits too. This turned into a complicated process of verifying nonprofit status and verifying domain name ownership, but finally (possibly?) ended with success on Friday. Also explored another tip from Aaron about Trello as a project management tool to help us keep in touch and organized at a distance.
- Newsletter mailing system: "Newsletter" mailing services are ridiculously expensive! Probably because they're primarily used for marketing. But even with some services that offer nonprofit pricing, they're unreasonably priced for the handful of bulk emailing we do a year for newsletters, announcements, and the single fundraiser mailing. So some significant effort was invested this week into exploring potential options other than the traditional marketing mailers, and there is some hope on the horizon.
- Law of One: Last week we reported on a new project from our publisher that required some intensive effort on our end, completing Book 1 and feeling victorious. Then remembered that there are four more books requiring the same effort when Book 2 landed in our laps. Then applied said effort to Book 2.
- Cicadas: Worked some audio magic to dampen some cicadas who wanted a cameo on our interview videos filmed in Untersberg and sent the final audio files off to Nadine.
- Untersburg Videos: And speaking of, reviewed the final six videos of the series! Issued our feedback to Nadine and Thomas, got our mutual inventories straight, located final quotes, and offered suggestions for a couple of the images. What a butt-kicking team these two entities are, and fun to work with. So much thanks, Nadine and Thomas.
- Docuseries: Received word from Roger that he's back in action after significant catalyst processing (love and light to you, Roger). We are resuming steps toward a docuseries about the Law of One.
- Concept Guide: Continued the slow march toward the finish line with addition processing of edits and making new edits. (Sidenote from Gary: to surprise me for my recent 40th birthday, Trish got the cover art to this book printed over canvas.)
- Round of things: Slugged through an intensive bookkeeping-fest, pursued a copyright question with an attorney, investigated some insurance questions, welcomed a new student into the Basic Principles of the Law of One class, responded to a new week's worth of seeker email, and cheered Trish on in her work of editing the RC Vol 2 audiobook and sharing the Confederation thru Facebook.
- Ken TAW: Received from Ken Wendt another couple Tilting at Windmills videos. There is just about 3 hours left of footage before it goes over to Trish for her editing.
- Board AGM: Scheduled the annual general meeting and began the process of agenda construction to give report of the past year before looking forward.
- Prague 2020: Began making plans with Vojta representing a Czech team enthusiastic for a second Homecoming in Prague! Launching the first one last year required the more strenuous effort. With so many questions answered last year, this year invites them into a greater sense of ease and joy.
- New website: Received word of good progress from Daniel and worked with him a little bit on getting photos for the two journals.
- Das Gesetz des Einen: Received and processed all the fourth quarter reports from Jochen of the German and French publishing hours. And speaking of...
Part of L/L's arrangement with its licensing partners is the generation of a quarterly activity report. Jochen sent the following report detailing some of the highlights of his, Misha's, and other volunteer work in the great effort to share this philosophy in German and French:
* * *
Jochen Blumenthal: The beginning of the 4th quarter 2019 was marked by one big activity, L/L's trip to Europe, in which we all took part at various or all stages. Misha made it possible to join already the Law of One seeker gathering in Prague, while Jochen arrived a little later to be with the whole group during the film productions in the German / Austrian alps. Romain Beaucamps also joined the Prague gathering.
Other than this very joyful and fruitful time of meeting these things were accomplished:
- OVNI - Les messages (Secrets of the UFO) was completed in a softcover version.
- Gerald, a new German translator, who is living in Austria and was a participant in the Prague gathering, joined the translator team.
- Messages de la Confédération des Planètes au Service du Créateur Infini Unique: Méditations du samedi - année 2011was finalized by Misha and Jochen, and prepared for publication as a kindle version.
- Misha planned for her next project: a study group in Brussels.
- The film production of Nadine and Thomas went on, and Jochen recorded some music for it.
- Jochen completed translations of channelings of February 18 & 26 and March 4, 2017.
- Jochen also published the session of December 17, 2016 with an index as a pocket book, and the above mentioned sessions of 2017 for the epub reader Tolino.
- Misha translated "A Book of Days" up to 21st of March!
Concerning book sales and distribution the publishing house has become a stable provider of about 1,000 books per year.
* * *
And then, this photo. This is a screenshot from the footage for the 2014 Tilting at Windmills interviews. This is Jim's bedroom where Carla spent the final four years of her life in a hospital bed, her radiance undimmed. Look at these two lovebirds. :)
1/26 - 2/1
- Aaron Turner: For over five years, Aaron Turner has pretty much been the sole transcriber for L/L Research. Before that, she had transcribed here and there (including all of Carla's letter tapes) for maybe 15 years or so. That's hundreds of hours of channeling, tens of thousands of transcribed words, and incalculable amounts of heart.
So many of Aaron's emails over the years have been accompanied with notes communicating how much she loves this service and how honored she feels to be in such close contact with the Confederation's message. Every time we checked her to ask how she's doing, if it's too much, etc., she would describe how this volunteer service is a "lifeline."
As of the end of January, Aaron must unfortunately retire her service. She is in her mid-70s and caring for a ninety-nine (!) year-old mother who is mostly blind and deaf.
Aaron, WE always felt honored to be working with you. Not only is technical skill at transcribing world-class, but you have imbued each transcript with an added layer of light and love. No more perfect a gift could we imagine for the transcript when we send it out to the world to reach those seeking hearts who come to this oasis looking for nourishment. We will miss you, Aaron. We love you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts. And every reader around the world who is uplifted by these transcripts thank you as well. <3
- Channeling transcripts: Aaron is still processing her final six or seven transcripts. Received a couple more from her (thank you Aaron!). Got to work editing, formatting, and publishing them to the archive website:
- New transcription system: For many many years, Carla and Jim had been producing 18 channeling transcripts per year. (2 transcripts per month from Sep - May.) That has now jumped to 54 transcripts per year as we now hold weekly channelings (4 per month) with Jim serving as instrument, and we meet twice per month to conduct channeling circles = six transcripts per month. A new system was needed for transcription. So we've signed onto Otter ai. Using Otter, we upload the audio file and it produces a written transcript. The volunteer transcriber, then, is spared having to type everything from scratch. Instead their mission will be to compare Otter's version against the audio to ensure an exact match. Still not easy, but much easier.
- New transcriber: Then the hardest part, filling Aaron's shoes! We knew to whom to turn first. Laura M. has been gifting L/L an outstanding level of service for the prison ministry, and has asked if she can lend energy in any other way. When we asked if she might be interested in taking on three transcripts per month using the new system, she leapt with joy, speaking the same language as Aaron. How is it that so much collaboration in this shared mission of L/L Research is undertaken with joy in the heart and sense of honor to be near this light? So we got Laura set up. Thank you, Laura!! Now, L/L needs one more volunteer for the other three transcripts per month.
- Concept Guide: Gary continued processing Austin's edits, writing some new portions, and amassing other quotes to insert once it's all done. About 75% of the way through this final round of comprehensive edits!
- Indonesian translation: Continued on with the long road of formatting the Indonesian translation of The Ra Contact, Volume 1. Hopefully will be complete by next week!
- Nadine and Thomas: Busted out another round of video review of Nadine and Thomas's excellent work on the Law of One overview project. Thank you, Nadine and Thomas!
- Ken Went: Received from Ken the next batch of the videos from the Tilting at Windmills interview. Thank you, Ken!
- Narrative media project: Sent some careful and considered feedback to Zak for the next stage of the process for this large project, which is moving forward with excitement.
- Team Asheville: Met with our friends Aaron, BJ, and Jess for a couple-hour meeting to continue the march of an L/L office in Asheville and the collaboration on the Temple of the Open Heart.
- Law of One: In working with our publisher on a new project, we received a large request to review many minor edits to Book 1 text, and spent basically one entire workday on the first stage of that process.
- Farsi translation: Dialogued further with Hooman on the prospect of launching a Farsi (Persian) translation of The Ra Contact!
- Website design feedback: Daniel the superstar continues his consistent and high-quality work on building the new website from the ground up. After two rounds of review and feedback, we met to go over the most recent implementations and changes, offering yet another round for him to consider and integrate. We're inching ever closer to that elusive finish line.
- Coming Home to a New Earth gathering: Worked with Red, BJ, Aaron, and Ionsul to get the 2020 Coming Home event set-up! Public registration soon coming! (To know when registration opens, subscribe to L/L's "Gatherings Newsletter" here.)
- All the normal stuff: Continued steadily in the constant maintenance of regular tasks, from responding to various emails to shipping book orders, from the weekly bookkeeping (transferring the 2019 for the 2020 files) to processing PO box mail, and all of the thousand other little things that bless us with their regularity and keep us busy.
- Seeker email: Digested, appreciated, and responded to a new week's worth of seeker email, including from our beloved brother and friend, Sean, who always uplifts our hearts, even when writing with some concerns for the outbreak of the coronavirus in his country.
GB Personal Sharing:
When Austin and I attended Charles Eisenstein's Space Between Stories at the Omega Institute in 2018 (thank you Beatriz and Jim for the sponsorship!), I met a different Laura there, Laura Delano. She and I bonded over shared synchronicity in our respective home relationships. An amazing, driven soul, she had struggled through many years of life burdened with heavy psychiatric medications by an institution that told her how broken she was. Since that meeting, Laura launched the exquisitely named Inner Compass Initiative (https://www.theinnercompass.org). Described on the website as:
"Inner Compass Initiative provides information, resources, tools, and connecting platforms to facilitate more informed choices regarding all things "mental health" and to support individuals and groups around the world who wish to leave, bypass, or build community beyond the mental health system."
On her social media, Laura shared a poem she had written many years ago. It spoke to me, and it might to you as well.
Power is: Knowing that
when you're having
"one of those days"—
(of staccato incoherence coming out of your mouth when you speak—your head a sizzling egg in a frying pan—your thoughts, man, they're straight-up pinballs in a machine)—
it's because you’re alive, my friend.
because there's anything wrong with you.
It’s because you're breathing
all that you are into the world,
your fingertips on fire like you never
knew possible before.
Now, what this means, is this:
when you’re lit up and so full of heartbeat,
there may be times when you forget to breathe.
When you forget
to get out for fresh air,
or eat lunch, for suddenly night’s fallen
on shoulders that are locked to your earlobes.
Hell, you may sometimes forget for hours at a stretch
that you’re human.
Because all of this ignition,
it still feels so fuckin’ new.
I’m watching these sensitive strands of energy
billow out like golden hairs from you,
out into every nook and cranny
of the world. So sensitive they are,
sensitive enough that it means
you’ll get a little frayed sometimes.
But you’re alive.
You’re fuckin’ alive and awake and tuned in
to this channel called Life
that may sometimes feel wholly dark
but that you’ve now learned,
is full of color.
And beating hearts,
your own included.
<3 and ✊
* * * * * * * * *
Co-incidentally, around the same time I saw this poem, I was dialoguing with Horia about the Romanian translation. In friendly manner he dropped a phrase in one of his emails I've never heard in the Law of One community:
Fight the veil.
The student of the positive polarity is not engaged in a battle with the partition between their conscious and subsconscious minds, of course, but I loved the ring of it. I loved the grit and determination inherent in the phrase. Let not opposing forces within us, or within the world, squash the light in our hearts. Let not the darkness diminish our soveriegn passions for beauty and truth. Let us only burn brigther.
1-19 - 1/25
- Podcast New: Edited and published the first podcast episode in nearly 7 months! Recorded a couple weeks ago, this marks the official change from In the Now to the Law of One Podcast. The episode is mostly dedicated to offering L/L Research updates, talking about where we've been, what we've been doing, and what we're looking forward to in the future. Listen here: https://llresearch.org/podcast/default.aspx
- Podcast New-New: Also, invested some brainpower, research, and trial and error effort in working out how to pipe in a guest for the podcast through our high-quality recording setup, with success. Then successfully hosted Joseph on a great episode about conspiracy theory, which will be published soon!
- Bring4th: Continued contending with a moderator issue with Garry, and received word from Steve that he successfully retired the Bring4th chatroom per our request. Read Garry's farewell to the chatroom here: https://bring4th.org/news/index.php?newsid=177
- Audioboo text: As Trish continues plugging away at the final sessions of the audiobook for RC Volume 2, reviewed more of Jade and Kile's notes and sent them her way.
- Audiobook audio & social media: And meanwhile, Trish plugged away at the time-and-energy intensive editing (if you could only see) and selecting only the finest Ra and Q'uo to share on L/L's Facebook.
- Czech Law of One: Finished up the formatting for the Law of One Book 2 Czech translation, and made some improvements to Book 1 along the way. Sent it off to Vojta to review before publishing to the archive website. Then picked back up on the long journey of formatting the Indonesian translation of Volume 1.
- Series Meeting: Met with our film producer friend, Zak K., to talk about the progress on the series treatment.
- Concept Guide: Mostly in the personal home hours, Austin continued his full edits and Gary continued processing those edits. In the process, Gary consulted with Joseph Dartez, got a few tips, and overhauled and expanded the entry for Archetypal Mind. Also, Gary collected 8 pages worth of notes sent to himself in email containing "add to's."
- Law of One Video Bavaria: Spent a couple of days reviewing videos 7 - 15 of a stellar post-production effort by Nadine with support from Thomas and issuing feedback. A little nervewracking watching ourselves on camera, but hopefully this will be a decent resource to newcomers.
- Romanian Connection: Continued the Romanian effort by conneting Ciprian, an upstanding Romanian entity we met in Prague, with Horia, the upstanding Romanian entity responsible for Books 2 - 3 who is seeking third party review of his work.
- Foreign-language printing: Continued discussed with Jochen about licensing support and printing of foreign-language editions.
- Translator meeting: Edited the transcript from the Prague translator meeting. This was an unusual transcript on a couple levels: One, the first time eight L/L translators came together! The first ever meeting for translators of any number. And the first time we used Otter AI to produce the first draft of a transcript. It performs remarkably, but using a handheld mic in room with a group of non-native English speakers does not a great transcript make. Many thanks to Laura who performed a first revision! A second was needed by ears that were there and knew all the voices.
- New website development: Rejoiced when Steve was able to get what Daniel needed to begin importing the Q'uote of the Day, Camelot Journal, and Blogworthy Report over to the new website! And forgot to mention last round that we learned that Carla's articles for her column "A Small Medium at Large" were no longer available on the net due to the UPI website shutting down. So located them on the hard drive and discovered (remembered) that she had written 75 of them! Got those off to Daniel for the Carla's Niche section of the new site.
- Coming Home to a New Earth Gathering: Kicked off planning for the 2020 CHtaNE gathering, coordinating with our Asheville friends Red, Aaron M., BJ, and Ionsul.
- Regular business: Took care of the continuous flow of regular tasks, such as responding to seeker email (usually the largest of these regular tasks), and the weekly bookkeeping (this sometimes take the cake as the largest of these tasks, taking a whole day sometimes), processing PO box mail, making minor updates and corrections to the archive site, packing and shipping books, computer and software maintenance and troubleshooting, etc.
Our good friend and volunteer moderator of the Bring4th Forums, Garry Fung, is on the move again! After holding the space for a successful small Law of One gathering in Melbourne, he is headed to Honolulu where he will facilitate another small seeker gathering. If interested, you can find the deets in his message below:
Hello again fellow seekers! Love & Light to you all!
Through the means of modern technology (ie cheap flights), I will find myself in lovely Hawaii for a few days in February.
An opportunity presented itself to organise a Gathering of seekers, and I've followed through on it. We are 5 strong, so far (including someone who knew Don and Carla on a personal level).
The location will be in Honolulu, just near Waikiki. The day will be WEDNESDAY, February 5. And the day is scheduled to run from 10am to 6pm. It will involve a mix of personal presentations, group discussions, and focussed meditations. A fun day!
If you are in Oahu (or can make an excuse to fly over), we would love to have you in the group. You can reach me at my profile (https://www.facebook.com/GFungus). Just send me a message, and we can go from there.
Thank you again. And I wish you all the best on your Life's Journey. Namaste.
And then, a couple Q'uotes about you:
When the heart is opened and beauty begins to be examined from the green-ray level, then it is that the entire question of beauty is transformed. For, at the heart level, the eyes of the soul are open, and all entities begin to be seen not as bodies but as beings. Within the heart, then, beauty is a function of one's own heart. The tyranny of the outward eye is lifted at last. - Q'uo
There is not a person, no matter what his station, his state, or expression of morality, that is not beautiful. Each entity at the soul level is tremendously beautiful. Indeed, each entity-being the Creator-has a beauty beyond all imagining, for each is all that there is; each contains the universe. And would not each, then, have all aspects of beauty and ugliness, the entire range of aesthetics within the self, locked in many, many treasure troves within the personality, waiting to be opened by the right combination of circumstance and motivation? - Q'uo
1/4 - 1/18
- Transcript Library Archive Books: Received the final two volumes of The L/L Research Channeling Archive in mobi ebook format from Dale and Maria, officially completing their journey! Except that they have generously decided to just keep going, since the original 18-volume set only went up to 2008. Toward that end they are blazing the trail to get the remainder of the channeling archive up to 2020 in 3 more volumes, setting us up to bring the set up-to-date, expanding it from 18 to 21 volumes. Holy cow! Thank you SO MUCH, Dale and Maria!
- Asheville: At the end of September we announced a bold new initiative to launch an L/L Research office in Asheville. Last weekend we (Austin, Trish, Gary) made a 3-day business visit to spend the weekend in intensive meetings with our Asheville friends (Jess, BJ, Aaron) to explore the twin subjects of opening the office and collaborating on creating a sacred gathering space called Temple of the Open Heart. They have led the way with great research, thought, and planning. Among our points of discussion and decisions, we explored:
- Purpose and mission
- Organizational structure of the temple from circles of governance to board to stewardship to operations, with emphasis on power-authority distribution and decision-making. Holacracy looking like a potential means of inspiration in this regard.
- Goals and tasks moving forward
- State and federal legalities
- L/L Research's collaborative role in the organization
- Use of the temple, models of gifting, funding, and expense
- Living situation for Gary, Trish, and others in the anchor circle, along with what L/L needs for an office, renting vs. buying, building vs. existing, sharing space vs. autonomous space, etc.
- Aaron devoting full-time energy. Aaron is a gifted design/builder, an architect by training, and is on the cusp of releasing his current business in order to devote himself full time to this project.
- We also joined the Asheville Law of One Study Group's weekly study meeting, spent some quality time with Red (our main counterpart in building the Coming Home to a New Earth gatherings), participated in a 2-hour salon on the topic of patriarchy led by Karin and Kelli, and visited Maeikisala in a rehab center joined by her partner Benjamin. We expected to offer Mae comfort as she gradually recovers motor and cognitive functioning following her December stroke, but instead we were radiated in hew supernatural light as she sat upright in her bed and shared faith-filled understandings from beyond the veil (we were seriously inspired by this meeting).
- Roadmap: And with the weekend behind us, we officially began in earnest the Roadmap to Asheville, beginning to systematically consider how an L/L operation would function there, most especially how Austin and Gary would work at a distance from one another. Roamap considerations include:
- The shared L/L directory. Spent significant time researching options for a shared digital workspace for us once Gary makes the move to Asheville, both in terms of file sharing as well as project tracking, organization, and management. Found some good avenues for further research and exploration.
- And other logistics like: banking, bookkeeping, paper files, tax filing, employees, phone system, q'uo channeling, practice channeling, office space, added staff, etc.
- Much of our digital system, including emails and other online work, will fortunately be minimally affected by being in separate locations.
- Tilting at Windmills Interview: Received a few new synthesized videos from Ken Wendt, our friend who filmed the interviews, bringing the first big step to about 75% done. Thank you, Ken!
- Channeling circle: Joined Jim and Kathy for one of our two channeling circles in January to continue training a new generation.
- 39 years: Celebrated the 39th anniversary of the Ra contact on Jan 15th!
- Jochen meeting: Held a skype meeting with our friend and German translator, Jochen, who had a lot of insight to offer about the Asheville project (having lived in Ashrams and participated in international organizations). As he pioneered the licensing partnership with L/L Research (being authorized to translate and publish L/L work in German and French), we discussed future possibilities for an L/L licensing program that could help the material reach foreign-language readers in a way that is empowering to the translator/publisher, to the reader, and to L/L.
- Coffee meeting: With all this going on (and more!), Austin and Gary needed an intensive one-on-one, which they were happy to do in a coffee shop for a solid four-hour meeting Friday afternoon, tackling topics like:
- Updating our existing email system so that the contact address (which is presently shared) would be general and we would each have individual @llresearch email addresses for L/L business.
- Using Otter transcription and catching up on the Rome seeker meeting, the Prague translator meeting, and the podcast we did on the topic of attention that was too poorly recorded for anything but transcription.
- Updating Friday book shipping (when we're both working remotely) to transfer from Austin to Trisha's responsibility.
- Updating an aspect of the prison ministry book shipping.
- Exploring offers and ideas raised during the aforementioned meeting with Jochen.
- Discussing all the many questions around the roadmap to Asheville, also aforementioned.
- Talking about other items like translations, seeker email systems, the concept guide!.
- Affirming a mutual sense of a need for an even more finely tuned mutual trust and open communication as we move toward working hundreds of miles apart. We have a shared understanding that our working friendship, built on a bedrock of mutual admiration and trust, is critical to L/L Research.
- Concept Guide!: Gary's heart exploded in delight when, in the above-mentioned meeting, he learned that Austin was making forward moving on contributing his edits (the final thorough edits) to the book, sending Gary off on hours of weekend work processing said edits, he wanting to clear all these other bullet points from the radar in favor of spending every waking minute on the concept guide.
- Lawofone.info: Worked with Tobey on questions of versions of the Ra Contact and translations on the .info website.
- New L/L website: Connected Steve (webmaster of Bring4th) with Daniel (powerhouse web developer of L/L's new website) for the first time in order to facilitate the transfer of the Quote of the Day, The Camelot Journal, and The Blogworthy Report to the new site.
- Law of One Overview video: Continued working with the hardworking Nadine and Thomas on processing the filming they did following Prague in October, 2019. Nadine hopes to have it ready for public consumption by March!
- Chinese translations: Heard from the One Center in Taiwan that they will discontinue the Chinese-language What is Love? book as there was less of a market than they expected.
- Hebrew translation: In an unusual journey for a translation, the Hebrew translation of the Ra Contact has reached its third translator. It began with Laurie who completed the first 16, then was passed to Jed as Lori stalled, and now has been passed to Ori as Jed is studying the Ra Contact books. Ori is a friend of Jochen's who possesses a keen intellect and sensitive heart. Thank you, Ori!
- Hungarian translation: And received a couple new Hungarian transcripts from a Hungarian friend we made in Prague. Thank you, Bence!
- Romanian translation 1: Published a revised Romanian Book 2 and a newly minted Book 3 thanks to the formatting Horia has already done to make them look quite neat and presentable. Thank you Horia! https://llresearch.org/library/the_law_of_one_romanian/romanian_translation.aspx
- Romanian translation 2: And afterward connected Horia with another Romanian translator who contacted us with interest to support the work, and then reached out to a third Romanian seeker who we also met in Prague to see if they could meet Horia's need for a third-party review.
- Czech Translation: Made some decent headway into formatting the Czech translation of The Law of One Book 2, with the Indonesian translation right around the corner.
- Law of One set: Worked with the publisher of the original books who is designing a boxed set with a brand new, outstanding-looking cover.
- Moderating Facebook: Began to collectively design a set of guidelines when the occasional need arises to moderator L/L's Facebook.
- New locals: Welcomed a couple new locals to the weekly public meditations.
- Donors year-end: Did some Excel judo to create an effective mail merge list to generate thank you letters for Paypal donations for Jim to sign and send off to our very generous supporters.
- Annual fundraiser report: And published an account and thank you (scroll to post below) for the 2019 for 2020 fundraiser conducted last month!
- Yellow-Ray: Worked on a couple of payroll items, one being integrating the new health benefit system into the payroll system and working out the Quickbooks integration aspect, which seems to be working fine now. Also rounded up all of the documentation and paperwork for payroll taxes and reviewed them, ensuring all filings and payments were received by the necessary tax authorities (in our case, three: federal, state, and local). All seemed to be well except for a minor issue with the state and comes from a contradiction in the state's actual tax instruction for businesses. Attempted to work with the state tax department to resolve the riddle, to no avail yet. And continued work on determining how to manage L/L's first endowment.
- The Usuals: Kept up with all the regular business, like processing PO box mail, performing the weekly and time-consuming bookkeeping, responding to various sorts of seeker email, ordering, receiving, and stocking more book and shipping supply stock, packing and shipping books, and all the various small things that pop up and keep us busy.
GLB's personal sharing:
We have a friend who lives in the UK but was born in Iran. You may understand her present concern. I asked if I could share the beautiful reflections she offered in a recent communication, with permission received:
Pupak: On the 3rd of January we woke up to the news of the activation of war plans on Iran initiated by the US. A frenzy of war talks unleashed. We should not get lost in the dead-end conversations and alleyways of war. What we need right now is to turn to one another, to seek out our spiritual qualities to accompany us while we rise to this evolutionary task asked of us. Our world is crying out to us to be healed. The healing of the world depends on the healing of ourselves, our willingness to accept our wholeness. I cannot be whole while I hold an image of an enemy outside myself. I am whole when I can accept and integrate the other, as weird and strange as they may be, as part of myself. This is our evolutionary work, catalyzed by the next level of urgency by the [bellicose policy makers on both sides of the conflict].
And then a ditty about intention that came to my awareness recently. A recurring emphasis in the Confederation philosophy is the importance of intention over result. It is the intention that counts, they assure us. The following two Q&As speak to the same:
83.7 Ra: I am Ra. It is true that the nature of time/space [in between incarnations] is such that a lifetime may be seen whole as a book or record, the pages studied, riffled through, and re-read. However, the value of review is that of the testing as opposed to the studying. At the testing, when the test is true, the distillations of all study are made clear.
During the process of study, which you may call the incarnation, regardless of an entity's awareness of the process taking place, the material is diffused and over-attention is almost inevitably placed upon detail.
The testing upon the cessation of the incarnative state is not that testing which involves the correct memorization of many details. This testing is, rather, the observing of self by self, often with aid as we have said. In this observation one sees the sum of all the detailed study: that being an attitude or complex of attitudes which bias the consciousness of the mind/body/spirit.
96.4 May we note that just as each entity strives in each moment to become more nearly one with the Creator but falls short, just so is physical spotlessness striven for but not achieved. In each case the purity of intention and thoroughness of manifestation are appreciated. The variance between the attempt and the goal is never noted and may be considered unimportant.
I imagine the moment of review in between the incarnations. The testing is not how perfectly did you love or serve? But rather, how strongly/purely/consistently did you intend to serve, to open the heart, to seek the light?
And, How thoroughly did you attempt to manifest and live that intention?
We are here to bias our consciousness; to seed and nurture vectors of desire within us. The above Q&As remind me that this process can be consciously harnessed, that I can set my intentions each day, refine and purify my desires, allowing intentions to carry me forward, shaping the intelligent universe around me, in so doing, fulfilling the work I am here to do.
|=Blog Entry || ||=Today|