Update July 24, 2016:
Homecoming registration is officially closed. We have reached max capacity. If you didn't make it this year we hope to see you next year!
Homecoming is truly one of the most exciting weekends around here, and making the announcement fills us with a buzz of anticipation. It's a chance to come together with old friends, make new friends, and join as a group to celebrate this journey upon which we have all found ourselves. This year, Homecoming will fall on Labor Day weekend.
Beginning: Friday, September 2
Ending: Sunday, September 4
(With optional, additional time to on Monday to come help clean up and hang out for a little bit.)
For the past several years, the standard format for Homecoming has been an open space for sharing where we invite attendees to give their own presentation within a 30-minute timeslot. Attendees are welcome to come and participate without giving a presentation, but offering a presentation is highly encouraged if you have anything close to your heart that you'd like to share.
There is no strict format or set of guidelines for presenting. Examples of presentations may include:
- Sharing an important event or aspect of your life, whether difficult or positive.
- Offering a presentation or reading a paper on a particular subject that is close to your heart.
- Offering a 30-minute jazz-infused interpretive dance explaining the concept of the second distortion.
- Facilitating a group discussion by presenting a question or topic, either to gain insight or simply to have a lively discussion.
- Playing or performing music, reciting poetry, or other creative expression.
- Giving a live presentation of interesting and exotic animals from all over the world a la Jack Hanna.
We only ask that your presentation be in some way related to spirituality/philosophy/personal growth, and of course not be heinously offensive to other attendees. Within those parameters the possibilities are limitless.
Attention: We are currently maxed out on presentations for this year's Homecoming. If interested in presenting, we will be happy to add your name to a waiting list should someone need to cancel. We're sorry to anyone who was hoping to share with the group. A handful of seats are still available for any wishing to attend, though!
The practicalities of our space/time realities prohibit us from too large an event, so we must set a limit of attendance at 40 people.
To register, please click here
and/or send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition for L/L Research's Homecoming this year is $180.
1) A meal charge of $30 covers five meals: a phenomenal home-cooked meal dinner on Friday + breakfast and lunch buffet on both Saturday & Sunday.
2) You will be responsible for dinners Saturday and Sunday night at nearby restaurants where we will have reservations.
Upon registration, we will point you to the hotel we recommend to all Homecoming attendees, though there are many within a five mile radius from which to choose.
If help is needed, we can provide transportation to and from the airport for a $10.00 roundtrip fee to cover fodder for our pack mules (or gas for our vehicles, if they're available).
TBA. It will look much like last recent curriculums, like this one available as a PDF download from this link.
If you would like to discuss the upcoming event with other seekers and perhaps look into the possibility of carpooling and/or room sharing and/or couch surfing, please visit Homecoming's thread on the Bring4th Forums in the "Meet-Up Area" forum here.