Update: Registration is now closed. We reached maximum capacity. Please contact us if you would like to add your name to a wait list - there are always cancellations. If you didn't make it this year we hope to see you next year!
There are many points of excitement during the L/L year. The annual Homecoming Gathering tops the list. The Homecoming is our chance to be in the energy of old friends and feel the joy of crossing new paths. Even more so, it is an event that allows us to geek out on watching everyone else interact with each other, honoring old connections and forming new ones. It is, in short, a moment of spiritual family that fills our hearts long beyond the close of the event itself.
Begin: Friday, August 31
End: Sunday, September 2
We continue the symposium format of holding a space for each interested attendee to offer something to the circle in a 30-minute timeslot. Giving a presentation is completely optional, but we highly encourage attendees to share whatever might be close to their heart.
There is no strict format or set of guidelines for presenting. Examples of presentations may include:
- Sharing an important event or aspect of your personal journey, whether positive or challenging.
- Facilitating a group activity. (Bonus points if you bring pillows.)
- Opening the palm of your hands, making a flame appear, then teaching the group.
- Guiding a group discussion on a question or topic, whether to gain insight or just to have a lively discussion.
- Playing or performing music, reciting poetry, or other creative expression.
- Having a beard-growing contest.
We ask only that your presentation be in some way related to spirituality/philosophy/personal growth, and of course not be heinously offensive to other attendees. Within those parameters the possibilities are infinite.
The practicalities of our space/time realities prohibit us from too large an event, so we must set a limit of attendance at 40 people.
To register, please send an email to the contact address at http://www.llresearch.org/contact.aspx.
$222. (That includes $182 tuition and $40 meal charge for foodstuffs.)
1) A meal charge of $40 covers five meals: a phenomenal home-cooked meal dinner on Friday + breakfast and lunch buffet on both Saturday & Sunday.
2) You will be responsible for dinners Saturday and Sunday night at nearby restaurants where we will have reservations.
Upon registration, we will point you to the hotel we recommend to all Homecoming attendees, though there are many within a five mile radius from which to choose.
The local airport is the Louisville International Airport (SDF)
If help is needed, we can provide transportation to and from the airport for a $20.00 roundtrip fee. We will offer a shuttle service on Friday and Monday only.
- Arrivals: Last shuttle from the airport will be Friday at be 3:30pm sharp.
- Departures: We can offer return shuttle to the airport only on Monday morning.
There are also rental car options available at the airport.
TBA. It will look much like last recent curriculums, like this one available as a PDF download from this link.
If you would like to discuss the upcoming event with other seekers and perhaps look into the possibility of carpooling and/or room sharing and/or couch surfing, please visit Homecoming's thread on the Bring4th Forums in the "Meet-Up Area" forum here.