|Member: L/L Central|
Location: Louisville, KY
Interests: Gary Bean and Austin Bridges wear a lot of hats in attempting to meets the needs of the organization and the readership. Our weekly Blogworthy Report represents most of the diversity of our various honor/duties. In our work we have the added honor of collaborating with volunteers in the various projects and services that L/L Research offers. We love the Confederation philosophy, L/L Research, and the readership with all our hearts.
The Blogworthy Report details the adventures, happenings, and work of L/L Central. On a weekly basis, Gary Bean and Austin Bridges supply a list of bullet points highlighting their collaborative work for L/L Research. Occasionally they may also offer a specific update, a personal reflection, or unconditional love.
You can access Jim McCarty’s daily “Camelot Journal” via the home page of Bring4th.
11/16 - 12/7
- New transcript: There is a bit of a backlog of things to be published to the archive site thanks to the catch-up work from the Europe trip, the fundraiser, the Thanksgiving holiday, family emergency, and a huge convergence of activity and work, but we were able to get the Q'uo channeling from October 5th edited, formatted, and published published: https://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2019/2019_1005.aspx
- We have received from Aaron T. every transcript up through mid-November (thank you, Aaron!), and shipped off the mp3s from everyone since then.
- New website work: Spent half a day studying the super impressive web development document put together by the super impressive volunteer web dev team that is working hard to build a new website for L/L Research. What we saw . . . made our hearts skip a beat. It's the most tangible manifestation of a new website in (no exaggeration) six years of waiting. We formulated our list of questions and thoughts with plans, and then looked forward, as a new website really is around the corner now. Many many thanks to Daniel in particular for acts of heroism.
- Fundraiser snail-mailing: Wrapped up the large annual task of preparing and mailing the fundraiser through the USPS small business marketing mailing system, which it seems like we are the only local organization utilizing, given that each year the USPS employees are as mystified as us when it comes time to hand it all over to them. But the task was completed successfully and the letters went out! Though the mailing list grows larger each year, some processes also become more streamlined.
- Fundraising emailing: Wrote the annual "begging letter," as Carla called it. And then database work. Never an easy or fun thing, but a feeling of accomplishment follows its construction, along with several thousand outgoing emails. Through which we learned that the third-party email service we were using was being docked by google, thus routing all L/L emails sent to gmail to spam! Spent a few hours cleaning up the mess and sending using another service.
- Audiobook production: Went through more of the notations of the audiobook manuscript marked by Jade and sent a fine edit document on to Trish, who continues the steady work of getting The Ra Contact Volume 2 edited. We're nearing the finish line for Volume 2!
- Transcription: Began an experiment in using the neat tool otter.ai for transcription, a voice-to-text tool that incorporates impressive functionality that is a huge boon to transcribing. Set Laura up with the first experiment, the seeker Q&A meeting in Rome, and it worked like a charm!
- Channeling Circle: Able to meet to squeak in one practice the evening before Thanksgiving. One of the new channels doing a marathon Q&A session following the main channeling.
- Asheville developments: Joined Aaron, Jess, and BJ for their weekly task force meeting to continue hammering out some of the fundamentals of the collaboration to build and steward The Temple of the Open Heart (ToTOH). They are leading the way, including incorporating and establishing the legal prerequisites. Now that Europe is behind us, we will settle into a regular meeting rhythm.
- Media, Media, Media:
- Docuseries: Worked with Roger on his project to create a feature documentary/docuseries about L/L Research's story and the Law of One. At the point of articulating the basic agreement in a writing as prelude to a contract. Incidentally, heard from a seeker on the west coast who independently wrote with interest in creating a feature film on the same topic. Connected that seeker to Roger.
- Salzburg/Untersburg Video: Continued receiving the fruit of Nadine's unstoppable march toward production of a video from our filming outside of Salzburg following the Prague event. Supported by her partner Thomas, she is doing incredible work. We're behind in keeping up with her as she is awaiting a substantial list of quotes and pictures, but were able to catch up a little with her pace.
- Series treatment: A big watershed moment in the fictional series project headed up by one of our friends who owns an independent media production company. A series treatment was finally delivered thanks to the efforts of the professional writer who came to Louisville to meet us early this year. We met with Jim to share our analysis and bounce it back to the producer with a meeting scheduled for next week.
- Concept Guide: Those words, so sweet on the tongue when able to be reported here, because that means work has resumed on the project. Finally finished processing all of Diana Roy's exquisite edits, both critical of and to the work. Thank you, Diana! Now everything is on Austin's desk, awaiting his resumption beginning with Part 4 of 9.
- Cover art artwork: Met with Julie Joy for an afternoon to receive professionally photographed versions of the seeker she painted for the cover art of the Concept Guide! It is really, really awesome, and almost perfect save for a certain brightness/pastel that is landing quite right yet. Need some tweaking. But sent it off to Aaron Maret who rapidly returned mock-ups of the cover art. So exciting to see it come to life. Thank you, Julie! Thank you, Aaron!
- Speaking opportunity: Discussed with one R. his invitation to come speak sometime this year for an evening in the Great Plains.
- Yellow-ray Stuff: After stressing and pushing, finally received a needed update from the accountant for the books, and then slogged through a full day of backlogged bookkeeping. Worked with a broker on health insurance for next year, worked with a Portugeuse publisher on the rights for 101, performed some year-end tax stuff, worked on scheduling the Annual General Meeting with the board.
- Other Stuff: Connected a German translator then a French publisher to the Das Gesetz des Einen Verlag German publishing house, replied to a variety of interesting and stimulating seeker email, worked with IMU (International Metaphysical University) on the availability of the 101 course as they move through a transition, shared the Confederation via social media (Thanks, Trish!), processed and shipped books.
- Melbourne Seeker Meeting: Garry Fung, our dear friend and longtime volunteer moderator of Bring4th's forums, is facilitating an event for Law of One readers in Australia! Garry writes:
Hello Fellow Seekers! And more specifically - any Law of One seekers based in Melbourne, Australia. An event has been organised for the Melbourne CBD (on Flinders Lane), for Saturday December 14. It will be an all-day event, and a small meeting room has already been booked. We currently have 6 attendees (I am flying down from Sydney), and there's room for a few more! There will be Presentations from the participants, group discussions, and focussd group Meditations. If you have a free day, and want to connect up with some fellow seekers, just send me a message over Facebook. My profile is: Garry Fung (https://www.facebook.com/GFungus). Please note: not an officially sanctioned L/L event
Then, a couple nuggets from Bean.
16.26 Questioner: Well, roughly how many total planets in this galaxy of stars that we're in have aware life regardless of density?
Ra: I am Ra. Approximately six seven, oh oh oh, oh oh oh [67,000,000].
16.27 Questioner: Can you tell me what percentage of those are third, fourth, fifth, sixth density, etc.? Roughly, very roughly.
Ra: I am Ra. A percentage seventeen for first density, a percentage twenty for second density, a percentage twenty-seven for third density, a percentage sixteen for fourth density, a percentage six for fifth density. The other information must be withheld. The free will of your future is not making this available. We shall speak on one item. There is a fairly large percentage, approximately thirty-five percent of the intelligent planets, which do not fit in the percentiles. These mysteries are of sixth and seventh density and are not available for our speaking.
That would mean that there are 18,090,000 third-density (human) planets in the Milky Way alone. Imagine how fundamentally changed our world would be to discover just one of those.
And then a seeker sent this cute youtube video that animates a journey into oneness:
Looking at the comments, I laughed hard at this one:
"So I'm the 9 dentists who recommended the toothpaste, and the one who did not."
Beloved Friends of L/L Research,
As we enter the holiday season and prepare for our annual fundraiser, our hearts burst with gratitude for the beautiful support L/L has received over the years and decades. Thanks to contributions from seekers like you-whether through donations, volunteering, or simple prayers of love and light-L/L Research has been able to continue doing what it does best: serving interested wanderers and spiritual seekers through the Confederation philosophy.
Your help has not only enabled us to continue sharing all of our material for free, but has helped this small organization secure a level of financial stability that grants an outlook filled with hope for the future. This is thanks especially to a blessing that we are truly excited to announce: an anonymous donor has gifted L/L Research with an endowment. You can learn more about this endowment by reading the full announcement on the home page of Bring4th.org.
This annual fundraiser nevertheless remains critical to our continued service and growth. As interest in the Law of One and L/L Research's material increases, so does the organizational demand required to continue offering these materials and services for free to all interested seekers. And we have even more exciting projects in the pipeline!
Here is just a portion of the new and continued services your contributions have allowed us to offer this past year:
- Published Volume 1 of The Ra Contact: Teaching the Law of One audiobook, with Volume 2 on the way, followed by the remainder of the L/L Research library in audiobook.
- Published new translations in Bulgarian, French, Spanish, Russian, German, Polish, and Romanian.
- Met and deepened relationships with nine L/L translators during our first ever international seeker gathering held in Prague, this in addition to our two gatherings (Homecoming and Coming Home) stateside.
- Traveled to New Zealand to present several workshops at the evolutionary Luminate Festival.
- Initiated the project to launch an L/L Research office in Asheville, NC. (See News on Bring4th.org homepage.)
- Continued offering new ways for seekers to connect with materials, including through various digital formats, updated and improved PDFs, and a new video project merging the original audio from the Ra contact with the text transcript, the latter made freely available on L/L's Youtube channel.
- Continued holding public meditations and channeling sessions, publishing new channelings every two weeks.
- Continued making available an archive website that offers a free library of everything we've ever produced.
- Continued hosting a community website with forums, chat rooms, messaging, and other great features that facilitate seekers connecting with one another.
- Connected with multiple programs and podcasts for interviews and conversations.
- Continued a practice channeling circle to teach channeling to a new generation.
- Served incarcerated seekers through L/L's prison ministry.
- Responding to every email and letter sent to us from seekers around the world.
- And many more continued services and upcoming projects along the way!
Your donations help us maintain these services and more, enabling seekers to find the inspiration and perspective they seek. We could never do this without your help. If you are able to donate, you may do so by either:
- Visiting the Donations section of our online store: http://bring4th.org/store/ (PayPal & cc), or by
- Sending a check or money order to: L/L Research, P.O. Box 5195, Louisville, KY. 40255, or by
- Visiting L/L's new Patreon page https://www.patreon.com/llresearch
We are truly blessed and honored to be a part of your spiritual journey. The most we can ever hope for in our service is to reach the interested seeker and have just a small chance of joining hearts in sharing the love and light of the Creator. We are eternally grateful for all support we receive in any form. Thank you for joining us on this sacred path.
Blessings in Love & Light,
Jim McCarty, and a global network of L/L Research family and volunteers
11/11 - 11/15
(Posted a bit late as Gary is typically the one to post these, but he has been pulled away by a family emergency. Please join us in sending prayers to him and his family.)
- Asheville: After our mid-September meeting with the five-person delegation from Asheville, and the subsequent work to publicly announce the launching of an L/L office in that city, we haven’t had bandwidth to collaborate further with our friends over the mountains. They have not wasted time, however, in moving forward with the design of the sacred gathering space. They are calling it, and the nonprofit to manage it, the Temple of the Open Heart. (ToTOH) We received, processed, and replied to a couple substantial reports, and then met for a three-hour video meeting on Friday. Great work is underway, including official incorporation and the researching of the many, many pieces that go into such a venture. We’ll keep you posted.
- Salzburg Interview: After the Prague event, 7 of us traveled by train to Salzburg, Austria, where we were met by Nadine and Thomas of Munich, the former a videographer, followed by our dear friend and German translator, Jochen, and a new German friend, Matthias. The 11 of us spent a few days together in the nearby Untersberg region of the Bavarian Alps to create a video about the Law of One and L/L Research on L/L’s YouTube channel. (More about that later.) This week we got caught up with the blazingly fast Nadine who is working hard on the post-production work to edit the footage. Lots of discussion on various facets, including getting our first glimpses of the videos.
- Docuseries: And in the vein of media, dialogued with Roger R. about his and Doug’s project to produce a docuseries about L/L’s biography and the Law of One that will draw upon a variety of voices for reflection on the material.
- Thai: The offered received for Thai translation seems to be taking off. Got Tihn set up and ready to go for a Thai Ra Contact. Thank you, Tihn!
- German translation: While at the Prague event, crossed paths with a German-speaking Austrian, Gerald S., who attended the translator meeting and expressed interest in translation. Gerald kindly reached out following the event to offer his services. Thank you, Gerald! Put him into contact with Jochen to help the German translation effort.
- Practice channeling: Not part of our office work, we met with Jim and Kathy to continue our practice to learn to channel. Trish had contracted a cold after returning to the States, doubly unhappy as we had all gotten our butts kicked in Europe by a cold, so she was unable to join. But the first human outside of our practice group to sit in on our session did join, also known as Morris. A little weird but ultimately helpful.
- The usual companions: walked up the bookkeeping mountain one more time over the course of most of a day, getting almost completely caught up with the backlog. Responded to a wonderful variety of seeker email, including notes of gratitude and wanderer stories. And in between being sick, Trish marshalled her energy for the audiobook editing, now on Session 78, and sharing the Confederation via social media. And processed and shipped book orders.
- Pyramid and archetypes. Learned from Serge, the translator of the new Russian RC and intensively deep student of the same material, that he has embarked on a systematic study of the archetypes. Connected him with Joseph’s work and then got some news about a pyramid, to be updated here later.
- Fundraiser: A good chunk of the week was spent getting things organized and put together for the annual fundraiser mailing, a task that becomes more complex and tedious as the years go on. Some extra time is being spent on this year’s roundup to help ease the burden in the future, implementing new systems and researching new ways of organizing the mailing.
- Channeling Archive Ebooks: Continued working with Dale and Maria to create MOBI files for the L/L Research Channeling Archives 18 Volume Set, and published Volumes 5-8.
- New Laptop: Received the new laptop and got it all set up and ready for Trish to use for editing audiobooks and whatnot.
11/4 - 11/8
- Europe! We're back from our first trip to EUROPE! Among our adventures, we held L/L's first international Homecoming (in Prague) thanks to the collaboration of the Czech team, filmed an interview in the Bavarian Alps outside of Salzburg Austria thanks to friends from Munich, joined the Italian translator and his fiancée for a weekend in Rome and a seeker meeting, and then split for some personal time on that amazing continent.
At the Prague Seeker Gathering we met people from fifteen different countries, and we met eight L/L translators, five of them for the first time in person. We'll put together a report on the interview and the time in Rome. To read a write-up of the Prague event, scroll down to the next post, or go directly there.
- Q'uo channeling: Received two transcripts from Aaron T. Thank you, Aaron! Edited, formatted, and published them to the archive website:
- Five years! In the same month that Gary and Trish celebrating five years of marriage (October, 2019), Jochen celebrated five years since he officially formed the German publishing house Das Gesetz des Einen! And what a gift that we were able to meet him for the first time in person in the same month. Jochen pioneered the licensing partnership with L/L Research, the first to empower a translator to print, publish, and distribute translations in the native language. He collaborates closely with Misha on the French side of the publishing house, and receives some assistance from seekers in Germany and nearby countries, but most of his publishing work is undertaken as a one-man publishing machine. While keeping the translations free as PDFs on L/L's archive website, they also sell about a thousand copies of the German and French books annually now. Additionally, Jochen sends L/L quarterly and annual sales and activity reports, and he keeps the effort running month after month, seldom missing a beat. Thank you, Jochen, for your sustained effort to help share these vibrations of love and light with interested spiritual seekers around the world. : )
- Reports: And for the purpose of this report, gratefully received and processed Jochen's third quarter + annual activity reports.
- Prague: Received and replied to Vojta's, Radim's, Bara's, and Romi's (Czech translation team) internal report reflecting on the Prague Seeker Gathering they so skillfully co-produced and hosted. Worked out some post-production details. Then emailed all the attendees the first L/L email following the event that links all their emails and expresses gratitude.
- Thai: Received our first ever offer for translation into Thai! Looks promising so far. Hope that the seeker will follow through.
- Fundraiser: Began the long journey of preparing for the fundraiser mailing. Removed and corrected addresses from returned letters from last year, parsed out the international and prisoner addresses, did some Excel wizardly to separate all information into separate columns, ran it through the USPS system to see which addresses aren't recognized. Began the process of investigating and altering those rejected addresses. Putting in a bit of extra effort this year to make future fundraiser processing easier. Also went out to the USPS business center to request the special stamps and investigate some questions about some mysterious elements how the bulk mailing works.
- The Usuals: Processed, packaged and shipped the book orders that had accumulated while we were away. Printed and mailed the hardcopy version of the fall season Light/Lines Newsletter. Continued work Trish did on the second volume of the Ra Contact. Reviews of the first volume are coming in and they are very positive.
- Bookkeeping: This cannot be lumped in with the usual this week, because it took 9.5 hours to process a month of accumulated stuff including the trip to Europe.
- Seeker Email: Also give this one its own because we each spent about half a day replying to the wonderful and many emails sharing wanderer stories and asking questions.
- PDF of channelings: Worked with the ever reliable Tomas to create and publish PDFs to the recent channelings. Thank you so much, Tomas!
- Powering Up: Did some research and searching for a new laptop for L/L Research, as the laptop Trish has been using for computing-intensive tasks is quite underpowered and beginning to fail. Found a powerhouse for a good price that should be relatively future proof.
- Ra Contact audiobook: Trish continued her thorough editing of Jim's narration of the Ra sessions for the second volume of the RC audiobook. If you could hear a before and after! It's received a 4.9 out of 5 stars, and L/L is receiving emails of gratitude. Gary has been enjoying the audiobook on his morning commute, pumping it through his car's speakers, driving under the influence (of enlightenment).
- Other stuff: Worked with Ken on the project to make the TAW videos public. Made a couple needed visits to the bank. Met with Jim for a weekly catch-up meeting. Had substantial phone calls with Red and Karin of team Asheville. Issued a Gatherings Newsletter announcing the launch of L/L's Etsy store and then learned that Gmail (which tons of people use) routed it to the spam folder. Erggh. Discovered this cool comparison of various pyramids around the world. (After the Great Pyramid, they just become skyscrapers.)
- Beard: And in a week of big news, the biggest is what's happening on Jim's face. He shaved his beard sometime in the 80s at Carla's request. It never returned . . . until now.
|0 Comments Add a comment |
How it Came to Be
In December, 2018, we entered into conversation with Vojta (the Czech translator) and Lana (the Swedish translator) about the prospect of hosting an L/L event in Europe. What would we do? Where would we hold it?
Vojta, a native of Prague, suggested his home city because of its central location, lower cost relative to other European capitals, accommodation of English, cleanliness and beauty, and the presence of the four-person Czech translation team. Of the many translators working on L/L material, only in The Czech Republic is there a team of more than two. They have a very harmonious, tight-knit collaboration that is equal parts friendship and partnership in shared mission. They hold meditation meetings and have various roles in the effort to translate L/L material. Following in Jochen and Misha's footsteps, they have also incorporated into an L/L licensing partner which is empowered to print, publish, and distribute their translations in Czech.
So Prague it was! And with the Coming Home to a New Earth Gathering in Asheville in late May, and the Homecoming Gathering in Louisville in early September, we landed upon mid-October for L/L's third shindig in 2019. Vojta and team then scouted for a venue and located one that would rent the whole building to us, offering three different rooms + a small kitchen area. Bonus: the building was just a 2-minute walk from an incredible and large city park that boasted a café, a vineyard, a waterfall, a fountain, panaromic views of Prague, cultivated plantings, hills, walkways, and wonderfully tall trees.
And from those early decisions, months of work ensued, the details of which I will spare you.
When Jim, Austin, Trish, and I arrived in Prague on Thursday, the morning before the event (1:00 am our time, 7:00 am Prague time), we hadn't gained much sleep in our travels, but we were aglow with our surroundings---WE WERE IN EUROPE!! Holy cow. Jim had been to the UK with Carla; Trish and I to Iceland; but none of us had stepped foot on the continent. In the US you are so saturated and insulated with the US. Unless you're in a large urban area like NYC, you can feel trapped in a monoculture, despite the geographical variations, that is obsessively focused on itself and largely ignorant to the rest of the world. To be upon another continent, especially one so storied as Europe, the distant source of much of our cultural identity, was surreal. We were still on planet Earth, but things were . . . different. Architecture, street signs, language, dress, attitudes, the way restaurants work, the way toilets work, currency, cuisine, the quality of the beer, the absence of SUVs, the presence of excellent public transportation, etc.
Vojta picked us up from the airport with an accentuated version of the smile he often wears, and off we went. We checked into our Airbnb near the venue, picked up SIM cards for our phones (with data all throughout Europe, we were able to use WhatsApp to communicate), and met ROMAN! (Aka: Romi.)
<side story> If you know the L/L biography, you'll know that Romi was a dear, dear friend who lived in Louisville for over 20 years. Many of the channelings in the 90s were possible because Romi showed up as the third person necessary for a universal contact. He was born and raised in Czechoslovakia when it was a Soviet client state. He defected (you should ask him about his story sometime) by bravely and illegally crossing a border in his early 20s and making his way to a refugee camp in West Germany. There he sought asylum and spent a year before landing in the United States with nary a penny in his pocket. He found his way, though, becoming a pilot and IT person. And while living in Connecticut sometime thereafter, Romi had a girlfriend who, much to his curiosity, had a copy of the Law of One on her bookshelf . . .
[Insert your own discovery of the material to relate to Romi's.]
This brought him to Louisville in the early 90s, where, minus a couple years spent in the Peace Corps, he remained until 2014 or so. He had his own home, a good job, proximity to L/L Research, and a life fairly well configured to his needs, but something called to him. Back in the Czech Republic, his mother's health was declining. Roman's brother had defected not long after Romi, so no one remained to care for his mom. Though she made no requests of him, he heeded the call of service and sold his house at a loss, quit his job, and, for the first time since the late 80s, returned to live in the Czech Republic. In this move he accepted a significant reduction in quality of life, distanced himself from his beloved L/L Research, and entered a place where he knew no one studying the Law of One.
I love to connect Law of One people. Many times over the years I have carefully inquired with Person A about connecting with Person B, and vice versa, when I learn that said persons are in physical proximity without knowing one another. So when Vojtech wrote L/L from the Czech Republic on January 20, 2016, interested in launching a Czech translation, I knew what to do. Very soon after Vojtech and Roman connected, they met and merged intentions with two other Czech seekers interested in translation - Bara and Radim - who synchronistically appeared. The four hit it off really well. Thus began their journey of translation and shared seeking. <conclude sidestory.>
The day before the Prague Seeker Gathering, we not only reunited with Romi, but finally got to meet Radim! (Radim is the workhorse of the translation team, being the one to create the first draft of the translation.) We had lots of hugs and smiles and shared conversation, including a lengthy planning meeting, much of which centered on the complex and thorny problem of how to distribute Friday night's pizza dinner. :-) Our dear friend from the Asheville tribe, Karin, arrived, enhancing the vibe greatly and providing vital production support.
Gathering Day - Friday
The following day, Friday, the first day of the event, continued the magic put into motion the previous day. That morning we met Laszlo! He is the Hungarian translator who began his journey translating the Law of One in 2010 that culminated in Book V just last year in December, 2018. Like the majority of wanderers and spiritual seekers we encounter, and as was true for me in my initial contacts with the L/L community, he was nervous to participate in a group and to meet so many other Law of One people. But also like so many wanderers, that nervousness/anxiety eased as the energy moved easily between us and he could see (I think) that we're all ordinary bozos who just happen to be reading the best stuff on the planet.
With Lazlo, Radim, Romi, Vojta, and Karin, we were able to do a little bit of sightseeing before the event, including walking the Charles Bridge built in the twelve freakin hundreds. (Fascinated as I was by the age of such a thing, the journey into the past and my corresponding wonder would only deepen as this trip advanced forward.)
Then, to the venue, where we met the fourth and final member of the Czech translation team, Bara! She had been unable to meet previously due to the responsibilities of motherhood, but her vibe shone to a brightness matching what we were all feeling, the space lightening greatly as we prepared for the event just a couple hours away.
One of our main tasks was to create the set up for Open Space Technology. This is a method of conducting events wherein attendees co-create the curriculum. Each who wishes to offer the circle something close to their heart then pitches their offering to the group in a morning session called marketplace. The circle then decides in what time slot on what day and in what room (there were three rooms available) that the presentation/activity should be slotted. This is a format we learned from the Asheville group during our Coming Home to a New Earth gatherings, and it was our first time flying mostly solo with this format outside of that context, though Karin, our friend from Asheville, co-conducted marketplace with us, providing very helpful guidance.
And into the venue everyone began streaming! 32 people total from 15 different countries, including: Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czechia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Romania, Slovak Republic, United Kingdom, and USA. (Poland and Sweden would have been there had they not had to cancel.) It was so, so awesome. We've never experienced anything like that at an L/L event.
What particularly stood out to me was that in all the surface diversity - people from different cultures with different native languages speaking English with various accents - the circle was the same in essence as every circle I've ever experienced in Louisville. Our native settings were different, but our sorrows and hardships, joys and hopes, were held in common, all united by the Original Desire - aka, the Creator's will - awakening within each heart, combined with the sense that the Law of One philosophy helps illuminate the journey and, for many of us, serves as a postcard from home.
And in this regard it fulfilled the essence of Homecoming, which isn't about coming to Louisville, or meeting Carla and Jim or any of us L/L Research people---it is about the remembrance and sense of home that begins to emerge when spiritual seekers open their hearts to one another and speak their stories. Home is that exponential empowering that happens only when we come together to share ourselves and experience each other.
Such beauty, I tell you. Many are the moments when you listen to someone's story and the eyes begin to water, or the heart begins to swell, or the arms begin to reach out in the desire to hug or comfort, or you hear yourself speaking from another body. Many are the moments, too, when you encounter your own shadow, the many and complex ways that your unintegrated quirks of personality offer stumbling blocks to the open heart. But such an environment empowers the balancing and even dissolving of these barriers if one leans into the courage to be vulnerable with others in the safety of the co-created space.
What was also incredible was that this was a new event where most faces were new to one another. At L/L's Homecoming Gathering, three-quarters of attendees are alumni, many returning year after year. This creates a continuity of culture. At this gathering, by contrast, less than one-third of the attendees had experienced L/L gatherings (including Beatriz, Victor, and Jeremy from the USA). Yet, thanks to a combination of the container we held (venue, intentions, format, leadership, etc.) along with the quality of light each brought to the circle (the most important ingredient), the culture of joyful relating began almost immediately.
It is indeed a bubble relative to the daily experience of most, but it is a needed bubble, as so many report. To the hardships endured before the event, it restores; to the challenges awaiting after the event, it revitalizes.
You can read Jim's account by clicking here (and then using the calendar on the right for 10/10 - 10/12) for more about the activities of each day, including shared meals, open space offerings, a Q'uo channeling, and a Q&A with Jim, Austin, and me, and his reuniting and our finally meeting of Pupak! Among the highlights of our weekend together for me was the translators. In addition to those already named, we met the brilliant Gianluca, the Italian translator pursuing a path of licensing partnership; and Romain, he of France who keeps his heart in his eyes and contributes occasional transcripts; and the translator elder extraordinaire, dear sweet Misha, she of Brussels who, in her mid-70s, will charm your heart into submission. Mish is a professional translator by vocation and has freely gifted L/L and all French readers with more translations than anyone, and done so with steady love and devotion in her heart.
Of these eight translators, we were meeting five of them for the first time in person, and most of them were likewise meeting each other for the first time. They happily followed through with my suggestion to hold a translator meeting as one of the Open Space offerings. This meeting was my favorite moment of the weekend. Vojta, Romi, Radim, Bara, Misha, Gianluca, Laszlo, and Romain discussed some of the challenges and rewards of translating this unique body of information. In this dialogue they were able to support one another in what is typically a lone journey. We recorded that meeting and hope to create a transcript.
One of the main objectives of this event was to teach and empower the Czech translation team to produce and host gatherings in Europe. We are a tiny, tiny staff in Louisville who lack the resources to conduct gatherings around the world on our own. What we can do is to seed the ability for others to do so. Vojta, fortunately, has arrived early to volunteer for the Louisville Homecoming Gathering the past three or four years. This has taught him some of the ropes of production. He was able to transfer those learned skills to Prague and combine them with his many native talents to collaborate with the Czech translation team to co-produce and host an event in their home country. And with colors flying did they succeed. And in the moment of truth following the gathering, when a producer will either say "never again!" or "IDK, maybe we could do it again," or "Yes! Let's do it again and again!", the Czech team made the latter declaration, stating that they would like to make this an annual tradition.
So perhaps they, or we, or all of us will see you next year, or the next, in Europe . . . :)
It was such an honor to be among such incredible company in such a wonderful and, to me, exotic location; and to share the experience with some of the people I love the most, including Jim, Austin, and my beloved companion, Trisha, and all the wonderful faces of the Law of One circle.
Next week I'll give similar treatment to the other portions of our great European adventure, including our filmed interview in the Bavarian Alps, and our time in Rome.
Gary L. Bean
Jim, Trish, Karin just outside of venue in Prague
Jim, Gary, Austin at park nearby venue
Gary, Trish, Vojta, Radim, Karin, Austin, Lazslo meeting before event
Czech Translation Team: Radim, Vojta, Bara, Romi
Jim welcoming the circle
Friday night "authentic relating games"
Romi sharing his offering in marketplace
Karin coordinating last-minute changes to schedule
Jim and Pupak
Beatriz offering a talk on self-healing
This guy, always with the smiles
This guy, with the classic photo-bombing
| 1 Comment Add a comment |
|=Blog Entry || ||=Today|