Anyone having issues accessing the forums
12-09-2013, 10:26 PM,
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums
(12-09-2013, 07:37 PM)rie Wrote:  Had problems accessing site last night/this morning. Thank you Austin and Steve for assistance!

yeah, I got pinged from my home IP as well, for no discernable suspect behaviour (or at least no suspect behaviour that I'm aware of Big Grin)

as I expressed above, the number of false positive identifications on their spam algorithm is going to prevent quite a number of casual/regular users from accessing the site, with no knowledge or awareness that this heightened security measure is in place, and that they are not doing anything wrong at all (not accessing via a proxy server etc etc).

but if the situation cannot be remedied (and it seems as though host provider is adamant on this policy, and one is locked into a long term contract), then the situation is, as I've said, unfortunate, but something that cannot be changed, at least for the time being.

but it will have fallout effects on many users, who are not engaging in any sort of suspicious or even unusual behaviour. (I was chatting with Spaced in the chatroom for about 5 minutes, when he suddenly dropped out, and he said he had been banned for no discernable reason).

I got banned this morning after I posted a thread (it let me post the thread, then banned me lol). So the detection algorithm is definitly acting like an auto-immune disease at the moment Big Grin

- -

peace; and maybe the next step up is to buy oneself an own server; and then there will be no resource conflicts and total control over the site admin.

that is not as outrageous as it might have been once (in terms of cost). But it is still quite a step up from VPS hosting, and this move to VPS was only made quite recently.

but in truth, as the banner over the forums says, LL is doing their fundraising to cover current costs, and is in no position to outlay more finances.

so the current limitations are as they are, and acceptance is the only approach that can brought to bear on the moment.

plenum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums - Melissa - 11-20-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums - Melissa - 11-20-2013, 05:59 PM
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums - Melissa - 11-22-2013, 01:21 AM
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums - Melissa - 11-23-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums - Bring4th_Plenum - 12-09-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums - Melissa - 01-21-2014, 06:22 AM
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums - Melissa - 01-20-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums - Unbound - 11-03-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums - michael430 - 11-04-2014, 12:20 PM
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums - michael430 - 11-04-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: Anyone having issues accessing the forums - michael430 - 11-08-2014, 09:56 AM