Islam and Ra
08-02-2012, 03:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012, 03:03 PM by darklight.)
RE: Islam and Ra
(08-02-2012, 07:02 AM)Charles Wrote:  I believe that Allah is a word which translates as God, and is not in fact the name of God. Is that correct?

One of the many names in the Islam that reference to the infinity Creator.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes darklight's post:
Firewind
08-02-2012, 07:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM by LetGo.)
Allah means "The God", so its a word for god not god's name. Arab Christians use it too.

What is Jihad? This guy is amazing, he knows a few religions' holy books by hard. downside is the accent Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klFib4nid7g

Charles i found the verse you mentioned: "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error"

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all religions passed by prophets of the one and only god (According to Islam).
About mocking other religions watch the first minute of this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmwHmQywqxU

caycegal-
I mostly had in mind the way most churches have turned Jesus and Mary (and many saints) into symbols. My main problem with the church is the whole Trinity idea which i strongly believe is a huge distortion, it has always bothered me. Also most ceremonies and the hierarchy.
The following 1 user Likes LetGo's post:
Firewind
11-13-2012, 10:19 PM,
(07-19-2012, 11:06 AM)caycegal Wrote:  If Muhammed was "the last," then what about Carla, Edgar Cayce, Abraham, etc.

Muhammad is never said to be the last "Prophet", I guess just the last of the major Abrahamic or Great prophets. One of the most interesting points/little factoids I ever came across while doing religious studies was that in Judaism it is understood that besides the Prophets mentioned in the bible there were likely hundreds of thousands if not millions of others throughout the timeline of the Old Testament, of all religions and all nations indiscriminately. The Catholic Church teaches that every nation has a angel/group of angels watching over it or given responsibility for it. A vastly different way of viewing things than what I was taught in Church, that it was only the Jewish people, Jewish religion, and Israel that were looked over by God, the chosen people. All of the others were rejected as evil degenerates.
The following 1 user Likes XionComrade's post:
Firewind
03-07-2015, 10:14 PM,
(07-12-2012, 08:27 PM)darklight Wrote:  Was Muhammed a wanderer just like Jesus?

Muhammad was a starseed. He came from a 6D planet
03-07-2015, 10:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015, 10:20 PM by bosphorus.)
(07-19-2012, 12:09 PM)darklight Wrote:  
(07-19-2012, 11:06 AM)caycegal Wrote:  If Muhammed was "the last," then what about Carla, Edgar Cayce, Abraham, etc.

At least 65 million at this time. Wink

He was definitively not the last one.

yes. there is also Maitreya/Mahdi to come. Prior to transition
03-08-2015, 09:57 AM,
(07-08-2012, 03:29 PM)LetGo Wrote:  similar, and yet very different.

What would yahweh having a role in it's formation mean? i mean considering Yahweh.

The way i understood the LOO the first time: Ra was directly involved in founding Islam.
Another thing: considering Islam is relatively new, less than 1400 years old. And the whole thing about Muhammad being the last prophet, which i think is true (arguably not, i guess), means the confederation had a wide agreement regarding its formation.

Note: I want to say that this forum is amazing. In any other forum iv'e been to, especially with Americans, the amount of blind hate towards Islam is stunning. I know some people may feel their resent to Islam is just, but most people don't consider the difference between a religion and the people following it, between certain groups/individuals and a whole people. Or some people who call themselves christian while harboring a great amount of hate in them.
I'm proud of you guys Smile

And btw I'm not a Muslim, maybe ill discuss my background if the opportunity arises.

My wish for Islam is for some kind of translation revolution similar to what happened with Christianity.  My understanding is that in Christianity there was a ban on translating the Bible into local or popular languages that lasted for perhaps 1000 years (?? don't know how long), and then when there were people willing to stand up for the right of the people to read it and publish it in other languages, all kinds of positive transformational developments took place in the common religious practices.  I have the idea that many Muslims believe their holy book can only be printed and read and spoken in Arabic.  This is a problem for spiritual expansion within the religion.

Would like to hear your thoughts about this, as well as any corrections to my "historical" understanding.
Please take what is relevant to you and discard the rest.
02-22-2021, 11:29 AM,
Most of Islam is of Orion 4D STS origin. You may see this, when you read a random page from Q'uran. I believe, more than 90 percent of Q'uran is 4D STS origined. However, in the remaining less than 10 percent, you may recognize the beauty of Sufism Smile
02-22-2021, 03:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 03:37 PM by flofrog.)
So agree on the beauty of Sufism, Bosphorus, Smile I do not know Islam deeply enough but if only some parts would slowly sort of renovate, from a base of Sufism.
02-22-2021, 03:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 03:47 PM by Aion.)
I admittedly have had a difficult time trying to read the Quran, just like I've never really made it through the Bible. Something about them are just not... attractive, I guess?

However, I do have a book on Music in Sufism that is quite an enjoyable read (despite the somewhat elitist overtones of eastern music vs western music lol) and I appreciate the spirit of what I've seen in Sufism. I've seen Sufism described as the "esoteric" branch of Islam, and I feel like all such 'traditions' tend to start in their esoteric roots and then become overshadowed by the exoteric religions.

Particularly I like the notion that the Creator is treated as one's "Beloved" and there is a heavy emphasis on embodying love for the Creator. I can see how this could be tied to such a phenomenon of channeling.
The desire to be free is one of the brightest burning flames in the heart of humanity.
The following 3 users Like Aion's post:
Bosphorus1982, flofrog, sunnysideup
02-22-2021, 06:24 PM,
My personal opinion of Islam and the Quran is that it started as a true channel of STO principles and was corrupted over time. You can almost draw a line in the Quran when it becomes more STS principled. The first 1/3 to 1/2 is a very beautiful work.
The following 3 users Like Dtris's post:
flofrog, MrWho, Ohr Ein Sof
02-22-2021, 07:07 PM,
I like that.