Questionnaire: Bring4th Through Your Eyes
11-06-2020, 06:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 09:58 AM by bring4th_admin.)
Questionnaire: Bring4th Through Your Eyes
Dear Bring4thians,

We would like to gain a deeper look into the experience of Bring4th through your eyes, so we’ve put together a poll to help structure that feedback. If you are interested, we invite you to share honestly and compassionately.

Please feel free to discuss the contents of this thread, just not in this thread, please. This thread is designed for one reply per member only. (Though you are welcome to edit your reply if change is needed.)
  1. What is your vision of an ideal Law of One forums?
  2. How does that differ from the present forums?
  3. How do you propose that the moderators and/or members of Bring4th bridge the gap?
  4. Each newcomer will naturally have their own unique reaction, but if you could hope for a positive experience, what ideally would you like the newcomer to feel and experience upon entering these forums?
  5. Do you see the forums as a field for you to be of service to others? How do you envision your other-self focus?
  6. When you access the forums, do you navigate by sub-forums through this page? Or do you use View Today's Posts?
  7. Would you like to see the moderator team do anything differently?
  8. Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not?
  9. Anything else you’d like to add?
And if you would prefer to send to send your reply via email, by all means! You can send it to the contact address here: https://www.llresearch.org/contact.aspx

Thank you in advance for the honor of receiving your heartfelt thoughts!
The L/L Team
Find all posts by this user
The following 10 users Like bring4th_admin's post:
ada, Black Dragon, Diana, flofrog, Glow, hounsic, jacrob, Ohr Ein Sof, Quan, sunnysideup
11-09-2020, 08:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 08:21 PM by Black Dragon.)
RE: Questionnaire: Bring4th Through Your Eyes
I made a mental note of this thread already two days ago, but wanted to sit down when I had time and a clear head and respond thoughtfully. I'll do my best.

1.) The forum already has a good basis, but needs a bit of fine tuning and more active participation from the moderators and community. To me, an ideal Law of One forum would be primarily focused on the material and the range of topics discussed therein, with a couple extra, more "casual" sub-forums to discuss loosely related topics but not strictly as they relate to the material. It would welcome a wide range of viewpoints, but with an obvious focus on STO principles at the exclusion of promoting anything markedly STS. Mods would moderate efficiently, but not overdo it or micro-manage(with a good forum structure and clear policies it won't be needed).

I think everyone agrees that discussions need to be more civil, without devolving into personal attacks. I haven't really felt particularly personally attacked here and don't feel like I've been overly confrontational with others, but I've been a bit outspoken about my opinions to the point of being borderline toxic on a few occasions. That was mainly in discussions that had already taken that sort of turn. I'm definitely willing to take a different approach, especially if others are doing their part to keep to tone civil.

All that said, with the nature of 3d reality nothing will ever be 100% ideal, but if there's a genuine intent and effort(which I feel there is at this point), there should be able to be some noticeable improvements.

2.) It's different because it would require active moderation, which was missing for a while, and a lot more self-awareness and participation by the community itself, which was also not really there. It's also different because currently, the tone of discussions here can get sort of toxic and degenerate into personal attacks. I also think that reorganizing the sub-forums and having everything in its proper place, moderated to stay on topic, will be a huge improvement.

3.) Not a whole lot, really. For mods, Organize and delineate the sub-forums, and move off-topic threads to the proper area, or split threads like moderators have just started experimenting with recently. It's a good approach. Set some ground rules for conduct and civility in discussions. Be clear about and fair in the application of any penalties.

For the community, self-moderate. The only kind of discipline worth a dang to the STO path is self-discipline, so we should strive for a bit more of it, and be self-aware about how we get our points across. Avoid personal attacks-staying either on objective facts or on ones own subjective feelings and interpretations, rather than judgment or attack. Be self-aware enough to keep discussions on topic and post in the appropriate sub-boards.

There's one more thing that bothers me and it's difficult to moderate without being accused of repressing free speech or alternative views, but it needs to be addressed. Something I've seen lately that's disturbed me is a lot of cheap copy-pasting politically-oriented and slanted conspiracy theories, aggrandizement and apologetics of political figures, and(the one that might actually be dangerous)-promotion of dangerous and fraudulent "alternative cures" like colloidal silver and chlorine dioxide, which are cons that take advantage in people's distrust of the establishment to sell dangerous junk to "fringe" seekers. It's ignorant, dangerous, and furthers negative agendas. This is not only wrong to give this crap a platform, but it could look very bad for people looking for a reason to lump this web site in with disinfo sites like Infowars.

4.) A newcomer should feel welcome, and should feel understanding and support from those farther along the path, rather than judged or condescended for their distortions or level of advancement. They should feel FREE to be candid and honest without stepping on anyone's toes, but also feel SAFE to be those things without being attacked or judged. They should easily be able to navigate the site and find a proper sub-board for their particular thread or post. They should be able to navigate the discussions(because they are on topic and in the correct places). Also, a newcomer should feel they are clear on the rules of conduct.

5.) The forum is both a potential field to be of direct service to others, and a facilitator of individual learning and allowing people to seek along their path and process their own crap-in other words, it can help people help themselves, and then be in a better position to help others. I would say direct services, such as being a mentor to others, supporting somebody dealing with tough catalyst, teach/learning, counseling, energy work, are naturally occurring manifestations in the community, but the main thing, the core, the #1 important service this site can help with, is inner work. Everyone that does the inner work is automatically helping others and the planetary vibration.

6.)It depends. I mostly check "today's posts" to see what's recent and active, but sometimes I use the other page to browse a bit deeper.

7.) I think they already have the right idea what direction to go based on the recent discussions, any suggestions and any other concerns I had(like the promotion of dangerous and fraudulent quack cures) have been addressed on question 3.

8.) Yes. Reading and interpreting the material for ones self is important, but having a place to discuss it and related topics with other-selves adds a whole dimension I feel is important. Even with the natural shortcomings of open discussion, I feel what it adds to the community and people's ability to seek is vital.

9.) Nothing major at the moment, except a bit of background. I'm fairly new to posting, but not to the Law of One or the website. I've read all the material and transcripts through at least once, and lurked on and off since about 2013 or 2014. In some ways, I'm your "quintessential" wanderer story, in other ways, completely and outrageously unique(just like everyone else).
I've been seeking for a while, but I'm far from an adept. I'm still trudging through a prolonged DNS and shadow integration experience, that's been one hell of a ride to say the least. Not much more to add, my brain's been a bit foggy lately, so that's all I have to comment for now. I'll be around.
The following 8 users Like Black Dragon's post:
ada, Diana, flofrog, Louisabell, omcasey, Quan, Sacred Fool, Scah
11-10-2020, 12:31 AM,
1. What is your idea of an ideal Law of One forums?
A place where spiritual seekers can feel part of a tribe and grow in their understanding of either the Law of One or spirituality more broadly.

The forum brings out the egotistical side of me. I arrive wanting a drink at an oasis. I know only one other seeker outside of this place. I leave carrying a soapbox I just stood on to lecture others and feeling ashamed of myself for having spoken at all.

3. How do you propose that the moderators and/or members of Bring4th bridge the gap?
Remove the like button, remove the star rating that declares somebody a five-star old timer or a two-star freshman, discourage aggression. Not a lot of other stuff you can do without being an unpleasant, thought-controlling presence.

4. Each newcomer will naturally have their own unique reaction, but if you could hope for a positive experience, what ideally would you like the newcomer to feel and experience upon entering these forums?
A sense of personal freedom to talk about things they aren't really able to outside of this forum, or to at least reach a sympathetic audience.

5. Do you see the forums as a field to be of service to others? How do you envision this other-self focus?
I do, insofar as you can share your own learnings with people in the hope they might gain in knowledge/feel encouraged.

6. When you access the forums, do you navigate by sub-forums through this page? Or do you use View Today's Posts?
Sub-forums part

Not really. Remove the like button and star ratings. Perhaps even the post count. Up to you.

8. Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not? Anything else you’d like to add?
Conditionally. "You'll sometimes get a bit out of it, rarely will you feel lighter after arriving than you did before."
The following 3 users Like BrotherInWaiting's post:
ada, Black Dragon, Quan
11-10-2020, 05:23 PM,
Here are my answers, being not too bright, I had sent them first by email to the team...

1. My idea of ideal Law of One forum
A safe and loving place to discuss in depth the LoO and our reactions to it. Obviously keeping it a loving place appears somewhat uneasy.
I am not shocked by strong language and passion. What takes me to withdraw is the possible negativity towards another member. And ... the covering of all threads by the same person with a single minded view on benefits of one specific thing... if I see this on different threads appearing day after day I just drop from the site.
Seems a minor thing in itself, I know...

2. How does that differ from the present forum.
I am afraid my answer will be uninteresting : I feel in fact prettty good on the present forum as i was lucky to never meet aggressiveness. It doesn’t seem to me as agressive as it appears to others. Perhaps also because I am not always spending so much time on it and so I won’t read every thread of the subject of one doesn’t attract me..
I just get tired by the very very few who keep ‘selling’ one very emphatic view on all threads... lol
But I also love when new members participate in lots of threads because they are so happy to at last discuss the LoO

3. How do you propose to bridge the gap ?
It would be great that the very large job of moderators be helped by regular members.. but how do we get there ? How do we get a community to help moderate itself without creating strife between its own members ? Interesting catalyst where definitely love is needed... and humility Wink

4. How the newcomers feel when they enter the forum
Just love ? So would pressing the new one for the original thread of presenting oneself, and then regular members being probed to regularly read it and everyone welcoming the newbie ? It might make regular members feel useful ? Good catalyst ! Big Grin

5. Forums as field of service to others ? How so ?
Yes, definitely, could it be explained to new members that they need first to ask for help at the end of a post ? Regular members know that.

6. Accessing the forums, how do you navigate sub forums?
by today’s posts

7. Moderators team do anything differently?
I really don’t know, because I have always felt moderators were just kind and courageous, so to me that wasn’t about them acting different. It was much more about reactions from members being moderated which has been tough, probably because both ego and past trauma involved.
Peregrine’s idea of something like a warning for brutal posting, and then out if no change, or so, might be the easiest way just because it implies and reinforces that everyone is subjected to it. You know, just a plain rule, to everyone. After all the Bring4th site is like visiting someone else’s house, and there are rules that you follow.

8. Would you recommend B4th to students of LoO ?
I would so do. Because most of it is pure kindness and research, and support. It’s very organic in the best way.

9. Would you add anything else ?
I am so utterly grateful and so feel for each one of you, team and members, who work on it.
The following 3 users Like flofrog's post:
ada, Black Dragon, Quan
11-11-2020, 09:03 AM,
What is your idea of an ideal Law of One forums?

I wrote so many messages over so many years about this to mods. I eventually gave up.

How does that differ from the present forums?

I visit occasionally (once a month maybe) and for maybe 10 minutes only - so I don't know - but the long time inactivity now is directly related to past minimal moderation. Too many people have left - the forums are threadbare because the guidelines/rules weren't maintained.

L/L mods allowed too many & too continual breaches - that negativity compounded over many years and countless members gave up and left;.

Personally, it became too stressful to interact here. Too tiring.
Too much malice, psychically toxic energy (was) is embedded here.
My (and other member's) warnings to mods weren't taken seriously.
What was allowed - in snark/sarcastic tone/trolling/breaches/spamming conspiracies/sexism/ageism on B4th pushed people away. Particularly women.

How do you propose that the moderators and/or members of Bring4th bridge the gap?

Actually enforce the guidelines - they exist, they're comprehensive, they're fair, they provide for health of the forums.

Each newcomer will naturally have their own unique reaction, but if you could hope for a positive experience, what ideally would you like the newcomer to feel and experience upon entering these forums?

sanctuary, respect, a sense of 'home', a sense of relief... a feeling of safety
       awareness that agreement is optional - but that default to kindness, respect and "agree to disagree" is the benchmark

Do you see the forums as a field to be of service to others? How do you envision this other-self focus?

Personally they taught me I was ungrounded and vulnerable to being contaminated - the forums brought out the worst in me

- they could be a source of support, healing, listening, activism for service to other.

When you access the forums, do you navigate by sub-forums through this page? Or do you use View Today's Posts?

either

Would you like to see the moderator team do anything differently?

I haven't visited much this year - but unless you've changed - actually moderate  !

Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not?  

absolutely not - I've been reluctant to tell friends about the RA material because of these forums

Anything else you’d like to add?

- change the 'star/s' to a different symbol (neutral) that way they only indicate how much a person has been/is active here
- remove the descriptor of newbie/senior et al - it's hierarchical and limiting, and often so inaccurate
- if you have 'like' you should also have 'dislike' options
- 'agree' & 'disagree' options would be more accurate and more emotionally neutral
- change the colour - it isn't brown or purple or grey... what colour is it? it's a very weird colour and quite energetically blecchh

- Consider that people from other countries find it hard to interact with the predominant American egregore here - the rest of the world communicates differently, thinks differently from the USA

- Americans can be myopic - as if you're the only country in the world - other countries have a sense of being one of many

- Given how regularly Carla had negative greetings - the most vigilant efforts to ensure the 'psychic hygiene' - the spiritual safety, of these forums should be A PRIORITY
- instead; mods are reluctant to implement the most basic guidelines of how members treat each other!?

it's very simple: APPLY THE FORUM GUIDELINES

(I don't advocate for a highly sanitised, controlled place... there's much that hasn't breached rules that's still difficult to read/be the recipient of - so that which does should be addressed and PROMPTLY.)

- So much damage can be experienced here especially by newcomers... I was completely idealistic and in urgent need of haven, help, and caring interactions - this place was very hurtful to me - and it made me become toxic too - it made me become defensive, didactic, dogmatic .... this place was awful to me and for me - and it forced me to stay away from it.

I feel very irritated that this "poll" has been posted given the need for it could have been prevented/remedied long ago  Dodgy

When I was active here - very little "duty of care" happened most of the time - there IS a duty of care implicit in having forums where people join in good faith with hope for help and connection - but instead often find the opposite

All that said, I expect (from past experience) that none of my reply matters - I'm still never interacting again - NB: not as 'sour grapes' - but because I just feel 'done'.

NB: I privately messaged mods & predicted this serious decline would occur but was met (eventually) with

*shrugged their hands*

contrary to several peoples perceptions - I do love you all

very much
༺❁༻

The following 6 users Like Relax's post:
ada, Black Dragon, flofrog, Jow, Quan, Ymarsakar
11-11-2020, 06:10 PM,

A forum which is based around the Law of One with maximal freedom to post content allowed within the relevant sub forums.

Not much really. I have never seen pressure by an admin in regards to anything posted and everyone seems to follow the rules and be very considerate of others here. It is rare on a web forum.

I don't see much needed.

A feeling of acceptance and genuine concern for their well being by all members.

5. Do you see the forums as a field for you to be of service to others? How do you envision your other-self focus?

Somewhat. I just try to share what I am knowledgeable about. Sometimes this is advice if it is something I feel comfortable commenting on. I just hope all people can read each message and even if it is not helpful, feel the genuine desire to share.

Sub forums.

More activity in discussions would be nice sometimes. I was beginning to wonder if the mods were active.

8. Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not?

Yes. For two reasons. The first is the trove of useful information on the forum, the second if the quality of content is very high from current users. Unlike some other forums I have seen.

I thank you all for what you do and maintaining this forum. I would love to see more posters here but I understand this is not for the masses.
The following 5 users Like Dtris's post:
ada, Black Dragon, flofrog, Quan, Vasilisa
11-13-2020, 07:28 AM,
What is your vision of an ideal Law of One forums?

THis one  Tongue
How does that differ from the present forums?
That is shrouded in mystery
How do you propose that the moderators and/or members of Bring4th bridge the gap?
See above. Gap, such a peculiar sounding word. 
Each newcomer will naturally have their own unique reaction, but if you could hope for a positive experience, what ideally would you like the newcomer to feel and experience upon entering these forums?
Love, yes a cliche answer i know!
Do you see the forums as a field for you to be of service to others? How do you envision your other-self focus?
Yes I see an envision, but once again the is shrouded in mystery Smile
When you access the forums, do you navigate by sub-forums through this page? Or do you use View Today's Posts?
Let intuition lead the way..
Yes no, no yes?
Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not?
Ill leave one to the law of confusion.. now to finish may I add a deafening sound of silence?
The following 1 user Likes Quan's post:
Black Dragon
11-13-2020, 09:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-13-2020, 09:41 AM by Stranger.)
(11-06-2020, 06:12 PM)bring4th_admin Wrote:  Dear Bring4thians,

We would like to gain a deeper look into the experience of Bring4th through your eyes, so we’ve put together a poll to help structure that feedback. If you are interested, we invite you to share honestly and compassionately.

Please feel free to discuss the contents of this thread, just not in this thread, please. This thread is designed for one reply per member only. (Though you are welcome to edit your reply if change is needed.)

And if you would prefer to send to send your reply via email, by all means! You can send it to the contact address here: https://www.llresearch.org/contact.aspx

Thank you in advance for the honor of receiving your heartfelt thoughts!
The L/L Team

I love the people and the atmosphere here.  Yes, people's distortions play out sometimes, and some people get upset.  I think that's normal - the conflicts, such as they are, still remain surrounded with the love and light of the forum's overall energy, allowing them to play out and eventually fizzle.  At least, that's my perception.  It's a lovely community of people committed to the Truth (to be clear, I don't mean Ra - Ra's words point to the Truth) and spiritual growth.

My only bugbears are technical, and twofold:

1) There is no way to get notified if someone clicks Reply to a message you've posted.  Sometimes I'll drop into a thread and add my two cents.  Unless I subscribe to the entire thread or read all new posts, I don't know if someone replied specifically to me, asked a follow up question, etc.

Reddit is a good example of how I think this should work - if someone clicks Reply to anything you've publicly posted, their message is posted AND sent directly to your Inbox.  That's fantastic.

2) There isn't a way to keep a list of unread posts.  When I come in, I click on the View New Posts link.  Often there's a lot I'd like to read, but maybe not in one sitting.  But - the next time I go in, all of those are gone, whether or not I'd had a chance to read them; and New Posts only shows me whatever has been posted since my preceding visit.  That's annoying. 

It would be nice if the system kept track of everything you haven't yet seen, and give you the option to mark threads read/unread  (with the Read flag resetting if someone adds a new post, and some indication of where newly posted messages in a thread begin).

So, that's my Christmas wish list.  The content and community make the hassles well worth it, but I personally know I miss A LOT of really great stuff because of the above technical limitations.
The following 2 users Like Stranger's post:
ada, Black Dragon
11-14-2020, 07:07 AM,
What is your vision of an ideal Law of One forums?:

I feel that this is already an ideal Law of One forum, it is unique beyond imagining.

How do you propose that the moderators and/or members of Bring4th bridge the gap?:

Maybe to bridge the gap between moderators and members. It doesn't need to be actual moderating, but just the presence and and activity of the mods alongside members I think naturally brings about whatever light is needed to be felt by others.

Each newcomer will naturally have their own unique reaction, but if you could hope for a positive experience, what ideally would you like the newcomer to feel and experience upon entering these forums?:

I envision a scene where a tired/lost wanderer that has walked a long time reaches a warm and welcoming house to be warmly greeted. To feel welcomed, accepted and listened to.

(I think a side opinion regarding newcoming, perhaps introducing oneself, if they are new, have been lurkers, past registered members, as this can sometime create confusion.)

Do you see the forums as a field for you to be of service to others? How do you envision your other-self focus?:

I think I do see that, in the simplest way of just listening to another and sharing ones light and attention with them.

When you access the forums, do you navigate by sub-forums through this page? Or do you use View Today's Posts?:

Usually I use the 'View Today's Posts' because I think it means it's the most active right now, so I'd like to be part in a lively discussion.

Would you like to see the moderator team do anything differently?:

I am not really sure, I realize that moderating (specifically in a Law of One forum) can be quite complicated, and as we are all human that go through life and grow ourselves then those who moderate also need time off, and bringing in new moderators is a thing in itself that I believe requires L/L team to somehow know and trust them. So I'm not really sure. Tongue

Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not?:

I would definitely if that is something that they seek, however I also feel that coming upon it by oneself randomly is a thing in itself!

Anything else you’d like to add?:

I think some technical and visual things can be of a good change. For example the blog section feels very outdated and difficult to use. Not being able to include songs/videos, resizing an image etc. Perhaps a wider variety of 'smilies' to express how one feels too. Big Grin

Regarding the likes and such I am also not sure, I think that the titles should be custom only and they have no actual meaning in my opinion, the stars also are not that very needed or meaningful.

Perhaps all the other information be only displayed inside one's profile and not as a badge. Although the likes are quite a nice way of knowing that someone read/agreed with you without having to reply to you.

Beyond this I feel that whatever feelings these things bring to one can be their own inner work.

Thank you for everything. Heart
The following 1 user Likes ada's post:
Black Dragon
11-14-2020, 11:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 11:05 AM by Nau7ik.)
1.) What is your vision of an ideal Law of One forums?

A place where people from different paths and perspectives can come together to discuss positive spiritual principles and, of course, the Law of One Material which has brought us together.

2.) How does that differ from the present forums?

The forum already does these things. I feel like we can discuss many different topics, and people come from different understandings and beliefs and Ways.

3.) How do you propose that the moderators and/or members of Bring4th bridge the gap?

I would like to suggest a separate forum space for discussion of the Tarot. We have one but it’s in the “Strictly Law of One” section and the Tarot does not belong to Ra. So I don’t feel like I can speak openly or freely in the Tarot section because it’s expected to be related to the LoO. I don’t study the LoO method for Tarot anymore. I have found something better. I’d still like to share ideas and concepts and discuss them.

I think the Tarot section in Strictly LoO should stay there, however another forum space should be added to discuss Tarot concepts and traditions.

4.) Each newcomer will naturally have their own unique reaction, but if you could hope for a positive experience, what ideally would you like the newcomer to feel and experience upon entering these forums?

A sense of belonging and welcome-ness. We want that person to feel like they can ask questions and discuss topics openly without fear or harsh criticism etc. I think the forum is already good at doing that.

5.) Do you see the forums as a field for you to be of service to others?

Yes, I like to come back to B4 to discuss the concepts that I am currently learning. Learn/teach, teach/learn. The forum is a good place to do that.

6.) How do you envision your other-self focus?

I’m not sure what this question is asking... I am fine to leave others to their beliefs and ideas. I don’t need to convince anyone of anything. If my topic is not to your interest then one can move on. Same with me. I am not looking for arguments, but we can disagree in a civil manner.

7.) When you access the forums, do you navigate by sub-forums through this page? Or do you use View Today's Posts?

I navigate by sub forums.

8.) Would you like to see the moderator team do anything differently?

Other than adding a new inclusive space for Tarot discussion, no.

9.) Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not?

Yes, if they are interested in the Law of One. I’d recommend the forum because it’s a nice place to gain deeper insight and understanding. To discuss and work with the spiritual principles and achieve a greater understanding of the material. There are also like-minded people we will meet. I’ve made some great friends here.

10.) Anything else you’d like to add?

Please consider adding a separate space for Tarot discussion!! We need a separate space that can include discussion of the Tarot that is not strictly bound to a LoO interpretation.
The following 1 user Likes Nau7ik's post:
Black Dragon
11-14-2020, 10:51 PM,
Quote:1.) What is your vision of an ideal Law of One forums?

A place where seekers could pursue further, deeper knowledge of existence by studying and discussing what is provided in Ra material.

Quote:2.) How does that differ from the present forums?

Aside from some America-based anti-intellectualism that pushes obscurantism by preventing discussion of things uncomfortable for its bias, i find the current state of forums immensely better for studying and learning Ra material than 10 years ago.

Quote:3.) How do you propose that the moderators and/or members of Bring4th bridge the gap?

Existence of some moderation to prevent people from directly insulting and attacking/targeting each other may be beneficial. Though the regulars of the forum are currently at a generally high level of civilized conduct, these are public forums and as more people learn about Ra material eventually all kinds of people may end up here.

This is something rather difficult as a forum becomes larger with more people and may require effort. Its something that affects all kinds of user-generated websites.

Quote:4.) Each newcomer will naturally have their own unique reaction, but if you could hope for a positive experience, what ideally would you like the newcomer to feel and experience upon entering these forums?

The content in forum should speak for itself - if the person is compatible with and attracted to the content of the forum, s/he would already feel at home.

It is not possible, leave aside feasible to make welcome people who are orthogonally incompatible with a certain type of environment or teaching. They would eventually start to feel at unease, and enter a conflict with others.

The best method of being is honesty. The seekers as well as forums should be what they themselves are without hiding or misrepresenting anything.

Quote:5.) Do you see the forums as a field for you to be of service to others?

As much as limitations of our current society and written text permit.

Quote:6.) How do you envision your other-self focus?

Like some others, i have to admit that this question is a bit unclear.

Quote:7.) When you access the forums, do you navigate by sub-forums through this page? Or do you use View Today's Posts?

Mostly today's posts, only going to subforums if i accidentally loaded the page and the forum is no longer showing me today's posts or recent posts because it thinks it already showed them.

Quote:8.) Would you like to see the moderator team do anything differently?

Existence of some moderation may be nice. It should prevent people directly insulting/harassing or targeting/gaslighting others.

There has been various cases of this in the past, some due to groupthink and some people projecting their own religious bias to everyone and attacking those who were not thought to be compatible.

And some due to some individuals with potential psychological issues creating multiple accounts and targeting one or more people. I believe 1-2 cases of this were uncovered. Another case involved me, however since i left the forum at that point i did not see any need to pursue the matter and inform anyone. However it taught me that many psychologically challenged people may be attracted to Ra material and spirituality in general.

Quote:9.) Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not?

I would, but it would depend on the level of seeking and spiritual advancement of the individual.

Quote:10.) Anything else you’d like to add?

This being created and run by people from Anglosphere, and english being the language generally spoken, by including the general cultural demographic of administration and moderation, sometimes it feels like Anglosphere cultural phenomena seems to affect the environment considerably. This is beside harmful things like current (and historic) anti-intellectualism that is running rampat in US at the moment. I think not only those who are responsible, but everyone who participates should be aware that this is not an Angloamerican space, but people from all regions and cultures of the world regular here. Including sub-cultures and cliques within those cultures.

I generally find the current state of forums incomparably better when looking back 10 years ago. From the general tune of the regulars to the average level of knowledge and seeking of the people. If the forums back then were anything like they are now, i would probably never have left.
can reach me@ unity100-gmail
The following 2 users Like unity100's post:
ada, Black Dragon
11-15-2020, 03:26 AM,
1 What is your vision of an ideal Law of One forums?

The current platform seems to be adequate, the only thing is that the "likes, time-as-member, stars." seems to inflate some member's ego. This should be modified.

2 How does that differ from the present forums?

UI and layout could use a face-lift? lol

3 How do you propose that the moderators and/or members of Bring4th bridge the gap?

Moderators should moderate racism, dangerous verbal threats, etc. etc.
members shouldn't do the above things, and members should definitely not use bring4th to "sale" their "Magick" "crafts" and or "mystical services"

4 Each newcomer will naturally have their own unique reaction, but if you could hope for a positive experience, what ideally would you like the newcomer to feel and
experience upon entering these forums?

Feel that they can find "answers" and dive deeper into the Ra materials, L/L Research and the direction it is taken, maybe even communicating with it's director (Jim) and others. (I know this might be overextending.)

5 experience upon entering these forums?

Some members seems to be a bit inflated due to their "time-in-service" "likes" and "stars" on their screen name, and implementing their authority on new members.

6 Do you see the forums as a field for you to be of service to others? How do you envision your other-self focus?

At this time, counseling, encouragement to seek therapy, explanation of STO and STS helps clear up some confusion.

7 When you access the forums, do you navigate by sub-forums through this page? Or do you use View Today's Posts?

Depends what I am looking for.

8 Would you like to see the moderator team do anything differently?

Well, some people on here obviously display emotional distress and seems to need professional help. It would help if moderator possess the education or ability to identify these situation and help directly by PM or referring outsource to take over and assist on some folks. (It would be nice, but it might be hard on the moderators to find qualifying person to do so.)

9 Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not?

Yes and no, some information on here are useful, but it still seems to be quite wild wild west, unless the information comes directly from someone within L/L Research, then it carry some weight, but for most part. It attracts a lot of "law of confusion"
The following 2 users Like J.W.'s post:
ada, Ymarsakar
11-16-2020, 01:39 AM,
ADDENDUM/Modifications to my original reply

(11-11-2020, 09:03 AM)Relax Wrote:  L/L mods allowed too many & too continual breaches - that negativity compounded over many years and countless members gave up and left;.

Personally, it became too stressful to interact here. Too tiring.
Too much malice, psychically toxic energy (was) is embedded here.
My (and other member's) warnings to mods weren't taken seriously.

addendum/correction: mods took messages and complaints seriously for the most part - what I mean is that there was a reluctance to apply the guidelines unless they were most severely breached and the rest of the time let toxic interactions/bullying and snark remain and continue. The only exception to this was Jade who received disrespect herself as a mod - she was treated scornfully by several members yet remained patient, non combative and gave (like other mods) clear and thorough replies.
I'm referring to Austin and Plenum as being reluctant to moderate FULLY according to the guidelines - (as Jade was not asked by me to heavily moderate, by the time she was in that role).
That being said, they both, Austin in particular, made sincere efforts to listen to my concerns/reports. They eventually went AWOL which has been understandable but still - a dereliction of duty to their roles.
I would also say I don't blame them - they were escaping-avoiding toxic forums but the criticism remains that it was in their purview to detoxify them.

What was allowed - in snark/sarcastic tone/trolling/breaches/spamming conspiracies/sexism/ageism on B4th pushed people away. Particularly women.

Actually enforce the guidelines - they exist, they're comprehensive, they're fair, they provide for health of the forums.

Addendum/modification: mods have done this - to a degree - but never as fully as needed.
(As said - Jade was up against disrespect and challenge to her role from the beginning - and I never asked for moderation from her - as I'd given up - so don't know what she did behind the scenes.)

I haven't visited much this year - but unless you've changed - actually moderate !

addendum/correction: FULLY moderate

- change the 'star/s' to a different symbol (neutral) that way they only indicate how much a person has been/is active here

simply have the number of posts made by member showing under their user name.

- remove the descriptor of newbie/senior et al - it's hierarchical and limiting, and often so inaccurate
& allow for self description if member wants

- if you have 'like' you should also have 'dislike' options

remove the 'like' function - it's divisive

- 'agree' & 'disagree' options would be more accurate and more emotionally neutral

ADD 'agree' & 'disagree' options which would be more accurate and emotionally neutral

it's very simple: APPLY THE FORUM GUIDELINES

it's very simple: FULLY APPLY THE FORUM GUIDELINES

NB: I privately messaged mods & predicted this serious decline would occur but was met (eventually) with

*shrugged their hands*

addendum/correction: It was Austin (after discussion with the moderation team) who informed me that my feedback was not going to be applied.

NB: although Austin went 'AWOL' his efforts until that point were always respectful, caring, thorough and conscientious. I don't mean to give the impression that moderation was non-existent  - they did moderate - but not sufficiently - not thoroughly - and not fully ensuring all posts met the Bring 4th forum guidelines.
That being said, it would have been a stressful, unpleasant, thankless series of continuing debacles.

My hypothesis is a reluctance in Americans (& Plenum) to follow L/L guidelines that are actually quite strict - not wanting to "censor free speech" - (which seems to be an obsession Americans have).

Just as you would ask an abusive person to desist (or leave) your home, so too it applies here - freedom to enter a forum and become verbally abusive/ bully, be snide, spread disinfo/fear based ideas et al - should be "censored". IE: stopped.

L/L and mods have to look at themselves for the demise of 'Bring 4th" forums, for the hurt and dysfunction that has happened here, and for the constant departures of interesting, intelligent and caring wanderers that have given up and left.
But I do see how tiresome, stressful and time wasting moderating here would have been. One point though - the stricter the moderation the more the egregore/members know what is and isn't allowed - the more the energy lifts, the interactions become more respectful - eventually the need for moderation would be greatly reduced because the standard would be well known.

Thanks for reading this additional commentary.
༺❁༻

11-16-2020, 08:27 PM,
Thumbs Up  RE: Questionnaire: Bring4th Through Your Eyes

A place where people can feel at peace discussing spiritual matters.
     

There would be much less aggressivity.
     

Much more active moderation will be required.
     

I would like it if they felt welcomed and felt this is a good place to get answers to their spiritual questions
     

Often yes.  I try to see things from the PoV of others knowing that in their shoes I would do and say exactly the same things. (Because they are us in their shoes and so we can witness it)
     

My subscribed threads or the Today's Posts, mostly.  I do not notice much the sub forums that threads are in.
     

Bigger team  ! Wink
     

Yes, but I have never actually succeeded in introducing anyone to the Law of One.  They were all turned off by the whole "I am Ra" thing. Big Grin  Most ended up reading A Course In Miracles instead.  It's all good.  "...the information which is always and ever the same." after all.
     

Thank you so MUCH for all the hard work done so far !   Heart
11-16-2020, 09:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 09:20 PM by Glow.)

Personally I would like it to be a Law of One aligned place one could to discuss the material and be with other seekers also wanting to deepen their understanding of the material.

Help each other through discussion of catalyst heal blockages and distortion that hold us back from polarization , in a kind, non antagonistic, balanced fashion.

It would also preferably be in energetic alignment with unity, be a safe harbor where one could connect with fellow seekers and feel HOME for a while.

It is not far off, besides the occasional acting out of subconscious shadows that happens, or new members that do not yet have a feel for the forum becoming a bit overly enthusiastic about sharing their non Law of One aligned messages on every thread.

That second one seems easy enough to deal with though as that only happens every other month I think.
Maybe I am underestimating that frequency though.

I think if as a community we worked together to always focus on unity while typing a reply, or if upset instead of quickly responded perhaps step back meditate, go for a walk, see if each member can try to respond instead of react.
Also remember that some posts are better reported instead of adding fuel to an unfortunate fire.

And forgive as none of us are perfect ever, we just try our best in each moment.
Basically self moderation, with help clearing away clearly unaligned or antagonistic posts.

Safety emotionally, energetically, a place where one can rest and trust they will find grace between members and be forgiven when we each inevitably fail at being undistorted.

I have been so nurtured here. I couldn't possibly serve more than I have been served, but I hope I add light/love where I am able.

Todays posts, then if I run out of places there to engage I check liked posts to see if anyone has been active within a thread by liking my post - so I can maybe further what ever conversation has been happening.

Just be around more because I think it's always been great moderation just you've been busy/over loaded so are spread thin.

Now yes. In earlier days when some members were exploring STS ideologies and adding divisive energies constantly not a chance. I couldn't even be here.

Not really.

Well maybe we should have a standard message to post in threads if peoples shadows are starting to be activated or people are maybe not in alignment with the Law of One energy.

Sort of a post anyone could post.

Saying something to remind us of our Unity, to breath before posting and see whether it is in alignment with the energy we want to bring to the forum and its members. Sort of to put out any potential fires before they start, before anyone has to be named, or moderated directly. Or maybe that is a bad idea I don't know.
11-18-2020, 06:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2020, 06:39 PM by TheSeekersLighthouse.)
I have answered in chronological order of your points, hope this helps Smile

The ideal Law of One forum is where people freely/lovingly help one another in their spiritual growth and share discussions of the LOO. Just how it is now.

Not much difference, to be honest. Seems good enough. Sadly not as many members as there could be!

Maybe make more people aware of the forum on social media outlets.

Feel welcome and not judged regardless of their position on their spiritual path, again this place seems good for that already.

Share my own personal journey and thoughts in hopes it helps others.

I navigate via subforums.

All is well.

I would, yes.

Seems like the forum could do with a little more promotion on L/L Research social media to try and bring more members.

Love and light to you <3
11-19-2020, 12:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 12:56 PM by Steppingfeet.)
Thank you so much to everyone who has thus far contributed their voice. The feedback here is valuable to us and will help inform and craft changes to policy, procedures, and vision.

We'll leave the banner up until 11/23, concluding a two-week run. The questionnaire will continue to be available until early December at which time we'll close it in order to make systematic study of your replies.

A request to anyone with a Bring4th account who doesn't post or rarely posts: Your feedback is vitally important. Even if you don't outwardly participate, your energy and beingness blend into the overall time/space milieu of Bring4th by virtue of your attention. You thus not only contribute, but you also see. That seeing would be a great gift if shared. You can do so by email of course.

Many thanks everyone!
GB

PS: About this question:

Quote:Do you see the forums as a field for you to be of service to others? How do you envision your other-self focus?

When you participate in the forums, you may have a few simple or a complex mix of intentions.

In that mix, is there an intention to actively be of service to others?

This is not to denigrate or minimize the joy of seeking one's own edification or the necessity of working on the self. As Ra says: "to aid the self in polarization towards love and light is to aid the planetary vibration."

Nor is it to dive into the semantic and philosophical quandaries regarding the boundary between self and other, and whether to do something which seems to benefit the self doesn't also benefit the other.

It is just to ask if you have intention and desire to help others here. To listen. To be there for them. To respond to questions. To offer encouragement, support, free giving.

Is that part of your mentality and, if so, how do you perceive this other-self focus?

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
The following 3 users Like Steppingfeet's post:
ada, Glow, Patrick
11-19-2020, 05:05 PM,
1.) What is your vision of an ideal Law of One forums?

A place where like-minded seekers can come together in a safe space to teach/learn and learn/teach about the Law of One.

Hmm... I suppose the one difference would be the "safe space" aspect. Just from having read Jade's experience as a moderator, it's clear that there are some boundaries that must be set if we wish to communicate in a safe space.

Though I'm now thinking about what a safe space would actually mean in practice. Might have to come back and revise this when/if I receive insights on that.

3.) How do you propose that the moderators and/or members of Bring4th bridge the gap?

I think Glow is on to something when she says we can work together to bridge that gap by keeping unity in mind as we communicate with each other. The difficulty with this, though, is that I don't feel we can truly hold another accountable should they choose not to keep that principle in mind. So what then?

4.) Each newcomer will naturally have their own unique reaction, but if you could hope for a positive experience, what ideally would you like the newcomer to feel and experience upon entering these forums?

A sense of being at home, and having the experience reflect that through the interactions one has with others.

5.) Do you see the forums as a field for you to be of service to others? How do you envision your other-self focus?

Erhmm.... yes? I mean, I don't come on here and say "okay time to be of service to others!" The whole world is that field, and these forums are definitely a smaller part of that field. I've learned a lot from many others on these forums. I offer my own insights when I can. That's good enough for me. I'm having trouble answering this question.

6.) When you access the forums, do you navigate by sub-forums through this page? Or do you use View Today's Posts?

Sub-forums

7.) Would you like to see the moderator team do anything differently?

To be honest, I'm not really sure what the mods do besides remove spam and creative sub-threads for derailed conversations!! Not trying to make a jab, I just don't know what there is to do differently I suppose. I guess with that being said, perhaps more transparency about what's going on "behind the curtain" so to speak. Though I'm not sure if that's necessary per say.

8.) Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not?

Absolutely. It's a wonderful place for like-minded individuals to come together and discuss the fabric of what we are all experiencing. Personally, it's been an invaluable space for me to learn.

9.) Anything else you’d like to add?

Just that I appreciate all that the mods are doing in terms of cleaning the place up.

Love and light!
The following 1 user Likes sillypumpkins's post:
ada
11-25-2020, 10:06 PM,
Here are my belated answers...

1). What is your vision of an ideal Law of One forums?

My ideal is lofty and probably totally unrealistic, but here goes... A place that feels like home. A place that satisfies that yearning that no words can express, and maybe even a place in-which relationship is found that can help reveal a truer sense of self. Falling short of that, I would be quite happy for the forum to be a place for serious study of Confederation Channeled information (and in many cases, it already is that).

My totally imperfect self is reflected back at me! I acknowledge that I am part of the problem. Bellicosity, frustration and unproductive communication. It sometimes seems like we're all just dancing to our own beat... And yet everyone still enriches me in their own ways.

Personally, I would prefer more thread splitting and more sub-forum categorisation. When having to sift through a lot of transitory information, I can end up seeing something that I'm not prepared for, and it's hard not to overreact in that circumstance.

I would prefer a culture that upholds the value of spirituality that has been calibrated to the LOO, as opposed to an "anything goes" attitude (spiritually speaking). But that desire is very much bordering on being completely self-serving.

I think that there needs to be a fairer sense of give and take between the moderators and Bring4th members. The values of integrity, tolerance and generosity should be shared between all, and it shouldn't be so one-sided as to whom should cater to the other. A community (especially a voluntary one) should be allowed to define itself and have standards. I think that if a path back to the forums (under the right conditions) is offered to 'recalcitrant' members, then L/L has fulfilled its STO duty of offering opportunities for redemption. Although, expecting others to comply to certain conditions is a whole different story...

For newcomers to sense that they're not just another anonymous poster. I think it can be easy for members to dismiss new posters as just passers-on-by (as most of them do tend to be). But I think Bring4th members should work against that kind of thinking, and greet new members as though they are long-lost friends (as they may well be!)

5.) Do you see the forums as a field for you to be of service to others? How do you envision your other-self focus?

I will admit it, I've tried in the past to be orientated to serving others while posting. I realise now the folly in this thinking, as most of those times have gone horribly awry. It has been difficult for me to accept how mixed in polarity the general population is, and to a great extent, that mixture can also be reflected in the forums.

I have come to accept that I cannot know what is best for another Self. So I only try to express myself as honestly as I can, in hopes that someone else may make use of it (or not). It's hard to be committed to a specific outcome when it comes to other-selves.  

6.) When you access the forums, do you navigate by sub-forums through this page? Or do you use View Today's Posts?

A whole bunch of ways, I click away to my heart's content Smile

7.) Would you like to see the moderator team do anything differently?

In a perfect world, I would prefer more active participation, just in order to create a more visible presence. But I understand the limitations to this, so I expect nothing really.

8.) Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not?

Yes. I have the impression that any serious student of the Law of One is already used to going against the grain, and most likely has enough mental fortitude to brave any internet forum! Besides, the more voices employed in measured and serious study of the LOO, the better. Be the change you want to see, and all that.

Now that I think about it, I've never met a serious student of the LOO IRL!  

9.) Anything else you’d like to add?

Thank you for all that you do. I am eternally grateful.
11-30-2020, 01:01 PM,
(11-06-2020, 06:12 PM)bring4th_admin Wrote:  1. What is your vision of an ideal Law of One forums?

I don't have a clear vision of the whole, because there's too many things which I'm convinced can vary independently of how well such a community could work for those part of it or visiting it.

However, some things I have seen here would be part of it. This includes free flow of inspiration, quirky and uninhibited discussion which would be impossible in too stiff an environment. It also includes the presence of, in various ways, the teaching studied living in practice in various members who embody some degree of serious striving or development related to it. (I mean that in contrast with spirituality being reduced to words and symbols only.) There's some people who've been here a long time who obviously have something in them beyond words and vague imagining connected to what they discuss, which is great (because each such person likely has something others can generally learn from beyond repeated information).

The structured presentations and better discussions of more in-depth Law of One and other related contents which can be found are also valuable. A vague ideal is something which generally furthers that and makes the best of it.

(11-06-2020, 06:12 PM)bring4th_admin Wrote:  2. How does that differ from the present forums?

A main weakness is that a serious, more structured exploration of how other things relate to the Law of One has been missing. It's there in bits and pieces, different pieces coming into and going out of focus. That's in part because content is simply scattered, and in part - looking to a larger potential - because much of it isn't there yet, neither in text nor even in the minds of the potentially involved.

The problems of poor content organization (not using the means offered by the software), and lack of moderation (inaction resulting in noise drowning out reason or more sensitive persons leaving permanently) have been generally discussed in recent months.

Other problems, such as the quality of the community as a living whole, would seem to follow from more mature people having left and more immature people arrived, with a high turn-over for those who've been growing with the community, as noted by others. That's been a long-term problem, of the kind which can be expected to be truly solved only in the long term. But in the shorter term, there's no reason the problems preventing such growing-back and further growth can't be solved.

Beyond that, in the shorter term it's generally possible (if motivated people get going with it) to develop more of a well-structured resource, out of the material gathered, by and for serious seekers/students.

(11-06-2020, 06:12 PM)bring4th_admin Wrote:  3. How do you propose that the moderators and/or members of Bring4th bridge the gap?

Many years ago, Bring4th tried to solve its main problems by being strongly focused on the Law of One. Other things were in large part excluded, rather than examined in relation to the Law of One. This worked out the way it did back then, perhaps reasonably on the whole, but later, when the old focus didn't fit or last any longer, the broadening of focus made for its dilution. A more systematic mapping of other things in relation to the Law of One is probably needed to avoid dilution while allowing the scope of exploration to grow. (I think it looks like a basic "growth challenge", handling a broader scope without losing focus.)

In terms of moderation, making a place both for more fast and loose chatting, and more serious structured discussion, on the forum. Neither censoring peaceful and orderly expression of ideas, nor accepting excuses whether for bullying or for drowning out serious discussion with a barrage of noise. (I think the moderators prioritized unwisely in the past in both regards, and simultaneously tried too hard to please everyone.) The forum is calm most of the time, but it is very important that moderators step in promptly when a fire erupts, so as to avoid long-term damage from a short-term upheaval. (Most of the damage is caused in a very small portion of the time.)

The idea, which I saw discussed before this poll was launched, of a role for volunteers to step up and e.g. organize content without really being moderators sounds excellent, along with generally having or adding whatever "roles" fit the ways in which members can serve. It looks rather favorable, when I compare it to my own experience in another community which took the opposite approach instead, and pushed those who wanted to give something back very narrowly into a few roles seen as "The Way" to serve.

(The other community made the degree of working with their forum a matter of a hierarchy of moderation and administrative involvement. The psychology went more sour after a middle-management layer was added. And people more interested in working with content than moderating people were left with only some of the tools they needed and tasks beyond what they could do best.)

(11-06-2020, 06:12 PM)bring4th_admin Wrote:  4. Each newcomer will naturally have their own unique reaction, but if you could hope for a positive experience, what ideally would you like the newcomer to feel and experience upon entering these forums?

The presence of things to meaningfully explore, a basically welcoming environment, and an absence of unneccessary painful/frustrating things. This, however, is very, very general - it could be said for any forum hoping to study something and build a body of knowledge.

In addition, there's the old Bring4th aim of a place to share a story and a type of personal discussion for which there are few good places.

(11-06-2020, 06:12 PM)bring4th_admin Wrote:  5. Do you see the forums as a field for you to be of service to others? How do you envision your other-self focus?

Sometimes, a small amount of input can be seen, afterwards, to have added something which positively changed matters. Similarly to how some blanks have been filled in for me here, changing the big picture, I hope I can help by providing some distilled information or perhaps at times simply personal thoughts.

A main concern is to avoid being misleading or pointing people too strongly in a useless direction. (That's in relation to my own blindspots, after a long time submerged in another community which did those things very strongly.)

(11-06-2020, 06:12 PM)bring4th_admin Wrote:  6. When you access the forums, do you navigate by sub-forums through this page? Or do you use View Today's Posts?

The second (or "View New Posts" instead of "View Today's Posts") is the convenient short-term option. The other is the long-term option and also for whenever the list of new things not looked at yet is lost by the forum.

Looking around sub-forums to see what's there is messy in some categories, tidier in others. For example, the "Science & Technology" board is fairly tidy, while "Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters" both moves fairly fast and mixes many types of discussions.

(11-06-2020, 06:12 PM)bring4th_admin Wrote:  8. Would you recommend the Bring4th Forums to another Law of One student. Why or why not?

I would, because there's useful material to be found here, and it's basically benevolent. Whether or not the other person would find it a personally suitable place to stay and participate, especially long-term, is a different and more open question.

(11-06-2020, 06:12 PM)bring4th_admin Wrote:  9. Anything else you'd like to add?

The larger long-term question of focus in relation to the Law of One is a larger question of the focus of L/L Research. Comparing to other communities and superficially similar efforts, perhaps a very simple idealization of stages, beginning with Don Elkins' work, could be:

A) Less structured gathering of information, fuel for later work.
B) Structured effort at gathering information and improving method.
C) The breathrough of the Ra contact and the multi-year effort.

Carla's idea of what to do after the end of the third stage was basically to go back to the second stage. This seems to go hand in hand with the maintained focus of Bring4th in early years. By contrast, some "competing" (in mind-share) organizations have focused on things which would seem to fit into possible further stages:

D) Structured comparison and cross-referencing and improving understanding of the core topics and possible branches extending from them.
E) Less structured ??? (leaving room for unforeseen future developments).

I speculate that if Don had lived on in the age of the web, he would have developed an interest in #D, just like other intellectually-driven seekers who have separately done that type of work while replacing the heart of #C with something else. The potential exist(ed), I think, for something to develop past the rough middle at which the process ended. And potentially others could, over a number of years, eventually get there while maintaining the purity of the heart of the matter.

I'd love to see that. I don't think the world needs more half-baked (nor over-cooked) wisdom teachings trying to cover all of human life, however, and the conservative approach L/L Research has taken of focusing on #B (with the Q'uo, etc.) and the heart of #C without further development past that (which I am convinced is possible), is better than doing it wrong. I think Bring4th has a good potential whether or not it matches the loose ambition I have of somehow/somewhere seeing in practice what #D may turn into if properly done.
11-30-2020, 05:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 07:39 PM by Sacred Fool.)

--An ideal LOO forum-thingy?  Ideally, members would tune themselves to their highest comfortable vibrational setting for purity and love when discussing spiritual topics, and set themselves to something less rarefied when discussing other stuff.  Ideally, it would be a place where people newly finding the LOO stuff could comfortably inquire about the weird verbiage and the concepts, and where people who have been studying the texts and working the principles mindfully in their lives for some years could share thoughts and experiences.  Ideally, the love co-generated and sustained would be greater than the sum of the parts and serious students of the material would feel buoyed up by their mutual contact.

--How does reality vary from the ideal?  There's too much randomness with new people coming in and periodically redefining the tone of the group.  The periodic disruptions lead to a serious dilution of purpose and spirit as people leave who may be committed to the Ra Material, but not to the community chaos when things become bumptious and aggressive.  When the message traffic is low, like over the past few weeks, it goes easily where it wants to go, but once the roadway becomes crowded and people are traveling in divergent directions at varying velocities using various rules of the road, it becomes unproductive and "anti-communal," if you will.  Also, there's no specific support for newcomers to guide their navigation or help with basic stuff, like how to embed a quote or a video, for instance.

--How to reconcile the above?  Some simple limitations should be put on members to try to even out our sometimes disruptive influence.  For instance, there should be a policy against proclaiming that your favorite religious group or pet theory is the greatest thing ever nearly every time you post. (my pet peeve)  Posts claiming messianic authority should be removed.  Belligerence should not be tolerated.  Taking threads into areas of transient importance should be less tolerated compared to detours into areas of discussion of other spiritual principles.  In short, the integrity of the forum guidelines should be upheld.  Also, the integrity of the content of forums should be upheld.  (E.g., Strictly LOO means what it says.)  After all, isn't the core of this supposed to be the L/L channelings?  (Well, maybe not.  In the Should These Forums Be Closed? thread, one member averred that this is really a regular social media site with a special interest is some channeled materials.  I wonder how he got that impression?  Ahem.)

--Newbies.  There should be a special corner for newbies.  This is where Asol.....'s idea of a wiki-ish thing would be useful.  People could thoughtfully discuss what Density, Polarity and all that jazz might mean, and every so often mods could prune out all the dead debris, leaving the fruits exposed.  (Or some other process could be used.)  Also,  newbies should have a space (heavily moderated for added garbage) where they could feel free to ask questions.

That said, I would suggest that, in general terms, the specific content of posts is not of primary importance.  For the most part, it's half formed thoughts tossed into branching conversations, and while some posts are certainly more compelling than others, the sum of the parts tends to be a scattered thing.  Rather, I think the two items of greater importance are the LLR citations and the longer term developement of members as they work with these ideas over time.

--STO?  Sometimes when people inquire about this or that I try to be helpful.  The Q'uo threads I started were along these lines, but not meant to be wholly altruistic.  That is, one of these days I'll find myself dead, and when I come back here, it might possibly catalyze my awakening if I come across some of this groovy jive on the internet.  Highlighted specific spiritual principals may be useful for me at that point.  (I like to play a long game, as you can see.)

--Navigation.  I usually browse without signing in, so "Today's Posts" is normally unavailable to me.

--Mods?  The enterprise needs a clearer vision of purpose.  From this refreshed vision of purpose, new policies should flow.  The mods, then, should dutifully enforce the policies.  After that, they should have long paid vacations.  [As semi-stated above, my vote for new vision goes to making the support of individual and group developement, through sharing of the channeled material, primary over other possible foci.]

--Recommend this to others?  No, generally not.  I think it does benefit a few people the way things are (myself included, obviously), but I doubt most earthlings would get much out of it as it is.

--What else?  There's a comment on this website someplace about how the forums maybe could become a precursor to a 4D SMC.  This aspiration has proven to be punch-drunk naive, if you ask me.  I realize that some of the comments about new members I made above will sound cliquish to some, but I've seen this operation go around and around over the past 11 years, and I feel that maintaining the integrity of the group should outweigh over-permissiveness towards newcomers, who mostly just pass through anyhow.  I am NOT saying that we're better than them and I'm not proposing barriers to new membership.  I am suggesting that the vision for this joint should prioritize the developement and integrity of the group dynamic, and policies should be made to look at the high traffic times and take the disruption level waaaaay down.  If this is done, I expect that in time more members who are actually interested in and affected by the L/L channeling stuff will slowly appear and the beauty of the vibration of the group will then have a chance to get up off the floor and dance around a little bit.  This is to say, I think the beauty of the group would be greatly enhanced if the number of active members was much higher, but history shows that this won't happen if there are too many dance hall brawls which sweep out all but the most thick-skinned participants.  Personally, I'd like to see things move eventually towards members doing work in spirit together, but that's not remotely possible until we start dancing without fights breaking out.

BTW, I "don't get" the complaints about the stars, number of posts, member since, etc. data.  Personally, I find the stars frivolous, so I simply ignore them.  No big deal.  The other info can be useful in that seeing a bit of the poster's background gives some context to the comments.  As for the unliked like button, I think it saves a lot of space whereby people can agree with a post without having to take up space to do so if they prefer that route.  Every now and then I enjoy clicking on that little bugger to indicate support for one thing or another.

ADDENDUM: There ought to be a special place for complaints against life, the world, the densities, authority and all that. If these were all in one spot, then maybe the complainers could learn more from one another--while they marvel at how unoriginal their sentiments are. Mind you, I'm all in favor of a good rant now and then, but I believe it would be a more wonderful honestation to the One Creatrix if they had a bit more variety, you know? Kinda like THIS ONE!!!!
May all beings be happy.
May all beings find peace.
The following 2 users Like Sacred Fool's post:
Black Dragon, flofrog