Should these forums be closed?
02-17-2021, 03:46 PM,
RE: Should these forums be closed?
Let us all ask ourselves. Do we wish to seek unity, or separation?

If one seeks unity there will never be a need to close these forums.

"If one is reached all are reached"

All are welcomed, all is well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2021, 06:23 PM,
(02-17-2021, 03:33 PM)jafar Wrote:  I've been so called 'attacked' on many web forums or discussion groups, both towards my personality and or my opinion.
Thus in itself is a great opportunity to learn or exercise wisdom, by trying to understand the 'attacker' perspective.

And for me personally it is a great opportunity to also exercise 'dis-attachment' from 'my opinion' and 'my web forum avatar' or even 'my temporary human identity'. All human identity is temporal anyway, or even 'alien identity' for that matter.
As the statement of 'my' by itself is actually an expression of 'identification'.

Whenever such opportunity came, I always welcomed it.
For me it's a 'blessing' and not a 'curse'.

Jafar. I am attacking you for that lovely piece of wisdom and, believe me, love too... Wink. Heart
The following 1 user Likes flofrog's post:
jafar
02-21-2021, 01:04 AM,
(02-17-2021, 06:23 PM)flofrog Wrote:  Jafar. I am attacking you for that lovely piece of wisdom and, believe me, love too... Wink. Heart

Thanks flofrog, your love is well received.

But in terms of 'attacking' this forum is 'very lightweight', a 'flyweight' if it's a boxing class.
Not a 'very good place' if one objective is too exercise wisdom and dis-attachment. Smile

Try entering the 'fundamentalist / fanatical' forum of any genre, of any religion, of any nationality of any political party of any ideology of any 'shared identity' so one will know the comparison. Where every one is restless to prove something, usually their group's 'superiority', defend something thus attacking any perceivable threat. That's a better place to experience 'heavy weight attack' and exercise wisdom and dis-attachment. Smile
The following 1 user Likes jafar's post:
flofrog
02-21-2021, 02:50 AM,
(02-21-2021, 01:04 AM)jafar Wrote:  But in terms of 'attacking' this forum is 'very lightweight', a 'flyweight' if it's a boxing class.
Not a 'very good place' if one objective is too exercise wisdom and dis-attachment. Smile

The forum is light weight?  The forum is simply a place to state what you perceive.  If you perceive something here as light weight, it's likely your own reflection, wouldn't you say?

BTW, light generally doesn't have much mass, does it?

May all beings be happy.
May all beings find peace.
02-21-2021, 03:35 AM,
(02-21-2021, 02:50 AM)Sacred Fool Wrote:  
(02-21-2021, 01:04 AM)jafar Wrote:  But in terms of 'attacking' this forum is 'very lightweight', a 'flyweight' if it's a boxing class.

The forum is light weight?  The forum is simply a place to state what you perceive.  If you perceive something here as light weight, it's likely your own reflection, wouldn't you say?

BTW, light generally doesn't have much mass, does it?    

Light here as in light punches.. thrown by flyweight boxer.
In comparison to hard punches thrown by heavyweight boxer.

Experience it, enter any 'fanatical / fundamentalist' forum, disagree with them on something... the 'holier' the status of the 'idea' that you're disagreeing with, the 'harder' they will punch. Thus one will have something to compare upon.

For example: so far I haven't experienced any 'death threat' or 'eternal damnation' thrown by one member to another on this forum. Or perhaps I'm mistaken? And this forum is as 'heavy' as other 'fanatical / fundamentalist' forum?
02-22-2021, 12:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 12:01 AM by flofrog.)
LOL Once in a time I ask myself , is this forum a fanatical one ? lol the message of the LoO and in the particular case, these forums being about the positive side, the positive side being one of great respect for any entity, it's kind of funny to think of it as being fanatical, except being precisely fanatical about respecting the freedom of other selves Big Grin

This being said, for a newcomer not aware of the LoO and reading these threads, the conclusion must be probably, what a bunch of fanatics discussing this weird philosophy..
The following 2 users Like flofrog's post:
MrWho, Spaced
02-22-2021, 12:23 AM,
Is that an attempt to encourage those here to reign in their rhetoric to be more palatable to the vast majority?

Surely those who come here are not those who would seek indifference.

I understand your concern. It is valid. These forums will never be mainstream. Maybe, but very unlikely.

The public will come around on their own terms.

The most wise being in the infinite creation would realize there is no need to communicate.

Wisdom is not of this density.

Infinite love and light.
02-22-2021, 12:39 AM,
(02-22-2021, 12:23 AM)MrWho Wrote:  Is that an attempt to encourage those here to reign in their rhetoric to be more palatable to the vast majority?

Surely those who come here are not those who would seek indifference.

I understand your concern. It is valid. These forums will never be mainstream. Maybe, but very unlikely.

The public will come around on their own terms.

The most wise being in the infinite creation would realize there is no need to communicate.

Wisdom is not of this density.

Infinite love and light.

Hello MR.Who, I am not sure if you were asking this question to me, in particular, Wink

I wouldn't encourage anyone to be more palatable as I would rather love to see anyone follow their intuition ands speak about what they love to discuss and exchange. It's funny I would have said a few years ago that these forums would never be mainstream, but as life develops, it's really interesting to see so many convergences of thinking and behaving in very diverse areas.

I do see love an kindness growing and a desire to respect diverse views, it's really interesting... call me naive any time but I really see this Smile
The following 1 user Likes flofrog's post:
MrWho
02-22-2021, 12:43 AM,
@flofrog, I would never call you naive. I too see it.
The following 1 user Likes MrWho's post:
flofrog
04-06-2021, 12:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 02:39 AM by Dekalb_Blues.)
Re: Should these forums be closed? Aw, hell no.
My extensive cyberpsychoanthropological research has lead me to propose these new 
interactional models for a more efficient and profitable online exchange of increasingly 
provocatively-presented/responded-to contentions from ever-more-polarized viewpoints:

The energy freed up by these new procedures will afford our Sacred Quest for Intelligent 
Infinity via the Internetzial Nexus a new & improved higher-vibrational assist in allowing for 
the Serendipitous Seeing of the Light.

Until these higher-efficiency ways might be instituted the current scientifically-based 
(and already quite catalytically powerful) SOP should of course remain in effect.

[Image: 1716948-Stephen-Hawking-Quote-The-beatin...morale.jpg]

In the meantime, moderators can begin to follow this suggested model of subtle, deft 
meta-interactions to uncoercively foster harmonious teach/learning symbiotism between 
commenters:

All will be well as long as we keep in mind that polarization is what we're all here for!

[Image: 600px-tacgnol-longcat-motivator.jpg]

Especially now, during the Harvest.

[Image: longcat3.jpg]

My consultancy credentials
The following 1 user Likes Dekalb_Blues's post:
Asolsutsesvyl