Should these forums be closed?
09-14-2020, 01:10 PM,
RE: Should these forums be closed?
(09-14-2020, 11:58 AM)Diana Wrote:  In retrospect, it would seem that was why many left these forums. I didn't notice the connection because I didn't care about or have any investment in the 2012 doomsday idea.

As far as I could see, many, not all, of the people who dove into the New Age movement were displaced religious types looking for another belief system—one that reflected current trends.
My take on it is that the people who were more caring-oriented couldn't handle the squabbling and so departed.  If I'm not wrong about it, this explains why those few of us who survived are mostly, as you describe, highly truth-oriented, often at the expense of love.  You could call it Darwinian, I suppose, but I'm not sure we're really "the fittest."  I think it's made for poor ecological diversity.

May all beings be happy.
May all beings find peace.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2020, 02:32 PM,
(09-14-2020, 01:03 PM)peregrine Wrote:  Just focusing on this one matter for a moment, it would seem that the Unseen Gary Bean deeply believes that the forums should be a safe space, given how strongly that point is emphasized in his guidelines.  

The issue I've seen with this over the years is that those who are somewhat trigger-happy in their usage of bad words are the ones getting moderated, while sometimes the other party was literally vomiting nasty and corrosive energy unto the forum and that was accepted as normal. It's like we fear more what words can be used rather than take a good look at what intent people have behind what they can say. So that's just my observation, but wanting to create a safe space sometimes seems to just reward people in having hypocritical behaviors and you're not really working with the really toxic elements either. Light trolls can get you banned, yet a controlled use of pure hatred won't.

Not saying it's an easy job for the moderators either. There's also always the challenge of how you see your own self reflected in a situation that may cloud one's judgment.

All is Love. All is Light. Rejoice citizens of Eternity!
09-14-2020, 03:21 PM,
(09-14-2020, 02:32 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  It's like we fear more what words can be used rather than take a good look at what intent people have behind what they can say. So that's just my observation, but wanting to create a safe space sometimes seems to just reward people in having hypocritical behaviors and you're not really working with the really toxic elements either.

I think you're touching here on a critical point.  But, please correct me if I'm wrong: you're not taking a position against safety, per se, but against a structure of rules which makes it more safe for some and less safe for others?  In other words, the conceptual scope of what safety means in a forum context was insufficient, yes?

And how might you define the toxic elements?  Those who simply disagree with or sharply challenge others, those who spread messages of despair and gloom, something else?

May all beings be happy.
09-14-2020, 03:39 PM,
(09-14-2020, 10:37 AM)Asolsutsesvyl Wrote:  @unity100: What you write about the early years sounds like what I feared when I first joined this forum, finding over time, a year later and on that things were not as I feared. In earlier quick browsing of the forum, I remember seeing some associate logic with negativity and some other things that made the culture look very anti-intellectual.

Yes, i didnt touch that part. There were those who equated blue energy with negativity in contradiction of the material they have been reading.

It was mainly lashback due to deep questioning of things and having to ask questions and find answers being upsetting to the comfortable numbness that established belief systems bring. Its a human trait. However it is amazing how far it subsided and how today people are much bolder in pushing forward on their spiritual path by chasing knowledge. Even some people who behaved different than before.

(09-14-2020, 11:58 AM)Diana Wrote:  In retrospect, it would seem that was why many left these forums. I didn't notice the connection because I didn't care about or have any investment in the 2012 doomsday idea.

That was one thing i noticed when i returned - people who have been heavily invested in the 'doomsday/ascension' belief seemed to be missing.

Quote:As far as I could see, many, not all, of the people who dove into the New Age movement were displaced religious types looking for another belief system—one that reflected current trends.

That.

Quote:I am still learning to balance being truthful with compassion—for me, this is not an easy thing. .

Which is also a lesson of 6th density, which is a density that is probably close to a billion years or more in length...

(09-14-2020, 01:03 PM)peregrine Wrote:  But, naturally, there are no simple ways to resolve conflicts: that's why we're having this discussion.  Really, the only way to encompass the fears and conflicts is with a loving heart.  Or am I wrong about that?

The safe space concept which you refer back to in the early days of the forum basically involved ignoring/denying differences and just pretending to 'love'. So, there was no love involved at all - just the pretense. As evidenced by rapid deterioration of the 'love' to harassment when someone dared disturb the established biases.

Love cannot happen without difference. You dont have to resolve them, you have to accept them. Love is acceptance despite difference. When the differences are ignored 'love' is made a pretense. Its not real.

Conflict is in various ways similar. When the difference is not accepted and conformity or pretense is forced upon a targeted group or segment, that becomes a negative act.

Quote:This is going to stir up the poop, but maybe that means that, in order to be viable, the forums need to commit to having a management bias that emphasizes love over wisdom?

You werent saying anything different from the start though - your desire is basically forum going back to the early times in which nobody disturbed anybody's bias and called it 'love' and 'wisdom' was something 'evil' which the 'unemotional science-y types' chased.

No such thing should happen. Pretense, denial, obscurantism did not provide much progress for anyone neither in this forum nor in life in the time period which passed in between. For those who stubbornly held on to those, many realizations came hitting like a truck just like described in the material.

Quote:After all, we're in 3D, trying to learn lessons of love, right? 

No.

We are in early 4d, at the phase when the true nature of everyone and everything starts to show itself and denial is not possible anymore.

Quote:Then should not the forums directly reflect and support this?  Isn't it an environment of love which encompasses all?  In, um, theory.

Then why arent you encompassing those who chase wisdom with 'love' and instead desiring to repress them through moderation. Because, that is what it is, even if that is beautified via a narrative of 'safe space'.

So basically the ones who are chasing understanding and information wont ask tough questions or dig up delicate matters in lieu of the nature of actual material and its ground-breaking, blunt, irrepressible detail, and those who want to keep the old, obscurantist, make-believe days of earlier 3d will be able to have their perspectives undisturbed by having to read such illusion-disturbing information...

Quote:Referring again to the LLR Homecoming events, these experiences clearly demonstrate my point, for the relatively few who have attended.  The environment is safe, supportive and loving, and the wisdom-leaning folks all appreciate that rather than dislike it, so far as I have seen, anyhow.

Introduce to the environment someone who thinks that covid does not exist and Trump is the second coming of Jesus, and see how the environment will change.

You sound more like you need a social group and environment that fits you, more than anything related to the forum.

Quote:To recapitulate this line of thought: (a) I suspect these forums are inviable with only one active mod (maybe when Aion steps up, Plenum will step down in exhaustion?), (b) much potential opportunity to do good work would be lost if the forums were closed, © absent this place offering a balanced root chakra experience (at minimum), I don't see how anything beautiful can be created or sustained, (d) therefore, the forum structure needs to be re-created to ensure a loving environment, hopefully not too much at the expense of those who would rather emphasize facts and knowledge.

The problem with all the objectives you listed is that two of them inherently contradict with each other:

Long story short, you basically seek censoring of the type of people who you dont like, and 'encouragement' of people who will just keep repeating to each other that they 'love' each other without actually allowing any kind of 'undesirable' information being discussed. Just 'not too much'.

All for to create an environment in which your personal biases will receive enough confirmation to be called 'love'.

Ie, instead of just accepting and loving anyone who thinks differently and chases facts and knowledge, you just want them to be censored, but 'not too much'.

Literally obscurantism. You want to keep believing the things you believe without being challenged. Just by rationalizing under the guise of 'love', to enable an obscurantist environment like before which will just censor what may disturb your own biases. And to do it in the name of the most scientific, precise and blunt spiritual channeling in history of mankind. Literally introducing religious obscurantism which would repress advanced information for which lifetimes were spent to make it possible to channel.

And you are mistaken in your assessment of the nature of this material to an extreme degree:

https://www.lawofone.info/s/1#1

Quote:1.1 Questioner: It seems members of the Confederation have a specific purpose. Is this true with you, and if so, what is your purpose?

Ra: I am Ra. We communicate now. We, too, have our place. We are not those of the Love or of the Light. We are those who are of the Law of One...

This is not a material of love like Bartholomew, its not a mere scientific text of wisdom, it is both.

And you are trying to omit the wisdom from that balance is you.
can reach me@ unity100-gmail
The following 1 user Likes unity100's post:
Scah
09-14-2020, 03:52 PM,
In street speak: I cant believe that we still have to defend ourselves from those who seek to have us moderated (censored) because we seek to discuss the actual material in detail and learn 20 years into 21st century, and very likely 10 years after the harvest.

This sounds more like a personal matter of obsession in those who just cant let what information/post disturbs them be, and just go and interact with what they prefer. Many people seem to be able to do that easily, but apparently there are still those who cant.

So basically, people who think like peregrine, what prevents you from just ignoring the people who 'talk wisdom and search knowledge and stuff', and just interacting with those whose preferences are similar?

Why the need to try to prevent such people from talking what they want to talk, in a thinly veiled attempt to censor them by calling it 'love'?

Do you not notice that this eerily resembles how the curiosity and questioning of young people are repressed by their families in religious families and sects? 'Out of love', 'for the good of everyone'?

And even further, do you not notice that it also resembles the behavior of negative 5d entity which visited Ra and tried to repress the information which disturbed it?

They descend from the same root behavior: The desire to repress uncomfortable information that disturbs one's own established biases in religious sects or obscurantists among the human society today is akin to the behavior of the negative 5d entity which sought to repress the information which disturbed it.

Whereas that behavior is seen in the natural human behavior as a typical reactionary response, it is seen in the negative advanced entity's response in the extreme manner - a trait of negative polarity taking negative acts to extreme.

And that demonstrates the importance of knowledge: It enables us to learn and understand ourselves and others and open the way to spiritual progress.

Whereas through obscurantism, you would just stay semi-comfortable in your own comfort zone in denial until the avoided lessons come hitting like a truck...
Scah
09-14-2020, 04:04 PM,
How about that for some drama, huh...
Diana
09-14-2020, 04:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 04:10 PM by Glow.)
(09-12-2020, 06:03 PM)peregrine Wrote:  Glow
Okay, I've been emphasizing the wisdom side this.  (Supra, for example.)  And you are emphasizing the love aspect.  (And good on you for doing so.)  Can you look at both of these and offer some ideas for how they can be balanced?  How can we continue the opportunities to offer love and service AND create an environment where the tuning of the forums is up to LLR standards?

I have never moderated so I do not have the inside scoop.

As a group though a forming SMC of sorts it could be useful if we all accepted a code of conduct. Non attackative to start, then if members are getting aggressive with another we could “neighbourhood watch” and perhaps post a guideline for conduct within the thread as a reminder.

It wouldn’t require calling anyone out specifically but could just make everyone reaccess their approach.

One thing I’m not sure belongs on the forum are people proclaiming to be a higher being and speaking against the Law of One.
That gets old when inserted into every thread but might just be me who finds it potentially detuning.

I do know things have been both better and worse here than they are now. I left for a time like others because every thread became baited for certain people to vent their anger via attacks. There obviously has to be some moderation though some think it unnecessary or else you get what happened during those times.

The only very very few people engaging were also looking to fight or denegrate one another.

Sorry I am not really sure the appropriate move.

Maybe it’s as simple as not walking away.
Those that want to see more LOO focus and balanced love/wisdom commit to adding your portion of that.
09-14-2020, 07:37 PM,
(09-14-2020, 04:04 PM)unity100 Wrote:  How about that for some drama, huh...

Yes, you do have a flair for drama; however, this soliloquy founders upon a simple fallacy, as I view it.

First of all, let's get the personal stuff straight, shall we?  For a guy who is hellbent on the wisdom path, you don't seem alert enough to realize that I am of a similar disposition, i.e., I am also predisposed to value truth over kindness (or describe it how you like).  No, I am NOT trying to smother you in kisses.  I am not inviting you to my next birthday party.  What distinguishes us so diametrically is that I am seeking to balance that wisdom orientation with love...and you are not.

In fact, I'm not sure you even recognize what love is, according to Confederation sources.  For me, this quote from a Q'uo session sums it up nicely.

https://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2006/2006_0414.aspx Wrote:The Thought that created all that there is was not a thought of wisdom. It was pure, unconditional, love. Consciousness is a Thought which creates and destroys the universe. That consciousness is a consciousness of love.

Here's the fallacy I alluded to above, you are conflating trying to be nice with love.  I agree with you that people can try to be "nice" based upon personal weakness such as fear of rejection, fear of pain, etc.  Also, of course, when someone encounters your personal persistence and tactlessness it can trigger their insecurities.  Further, if the forum culture is not sufficiently mature (and you demand a lot of maturity), it may well act foolishly or defensively or whatever.  (Parenthetically, people can be at their absolute worst when they feel their safety is threatened.)  And, to be very clear, I am NOT saying that you are a threat, but that you might be perceived as one to people disposed to worry about such things.  Okay, fine, but none of this has to do with love, actually.

I welcome your argument against this, if you have one, but my impression from the Ra Material is that wisdom serves love, it informs love: wisdom is the enhancement while love is the main dish.

My ambition in creating this thread and making these waves in this pond is to move these forums to a vibration which is a less distorted expression of love.  This is the main point and all the drama is superfluous.

I'm sure you agree with me!!!!!!

Ha ha.

Actually, I look forward to your thoughtful response, brusque or otherwise.

May all beings be happy.
09-14-2020, 08:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 08:28 PM by unity100.)
Im going to do something which you totally would not expect from me instead: Im going to put the verifiable ways of wisdom aside for a minute and speak 'from the feels' for a a little while:

When i returned to this forum, after a small discussion in which you, peregrine, have exhibited a similar attitude towards 'wisdom types' and argued with me in a heated manner, i told that i would just skip by your posts and would continue debating with other people instead, to avoid unnecessary conflict. And so i have been doing, pretty much ignoring your topics and posts.

I relaxed that attitude in the past few weeks and have made a few replies to your topics and comments, arguing otherwise than what you were proposing.

And, boy, did I do that...

Here we are as a result, in a thread opened by you, basically saying that 'Forums should shut down or wisdom types should be moderated', basically targeting a whole segment of people.

Man, sure that escalated quickly...

You could have just said that 'I want unity100 to be moderated' instead of targeting a whole bunch of people? That sure would be easier than targeting a whole bunch of people. But that definitely would not be comfortable to put into words, even if you yourself had the actual conscious realization of what you were doing...

I remember arguing that harvest would not happen in the manner you proposed it would happen back in 2010~. You argued with me pages after pages. Then you still brought it up a few times more in other discussions and did not just let it go, in an obsessive fashion. It took me totally skipping by your posts for a while to avoid that. Then again you would still slip it in whenever you got the chance.

And, after 10 years, here you are, basically asking a whole bunch of people to be censored because you basically dont like what they say. 'For love', to boot.

How about I say that i dont feel safe around such attitude, and i would like you to get moderated so that the wisdom type people can feel safe and not get threatened every once in a while by someone who wants to have them censored? Does it not work both ways? Or it works only that way because you speak 'in the name of love'?

That's how i feel.. And i want to be able to be safe when i say that i feel as such. And i would like a safe space created for me to be able to say these things and act in this manner. How about that.

See... All feeling and no wisdom... No references, no links to lawofone.info, no quotes, no explanation, no reasoning which can be verified or reproduced, no logic which can be analyzed to be confirmed or falsified. No 'cold feeling' neutrality.

All feels. No wisdom.

If that's what you feel, this is what i feel.

Even in that, this is still way too honest since i did not try to veil anything i said behind proxies like 'talking for love', or 'compliance with Loo' (whatever that means), and i did not try to invoke external people to have them push my viewpoint.

And while the honesty switch is on, let me tell it directly:

I find your attitude obnoxious.

This is the last of the many times you targeted me directly or targeted me over 'my type of people' over a duration of ten years, and im pretty much fed up with this behavior. Like any adult, i dont have to put up with such obnoxious behavior.

Yet i will not ask you to be moderated or censored like you saw fit to do it to others. If this behavior repeats again, i will just put you on ignore list through the forum tools instead of just skipping your posts and giving you the benefit of the doubt, and address this situation in that manner.

And amazingly such a utility exists, which allows someone to cancel out the narrative of those whom s/he doesnt want to read, instead of asking everyone to get censored. The very forum software MyBB had it built-in all the way from the start as a project.

Aside from the topic of peregrine and his recurrent behavior of targeted harassment, these forums are LL group's forums and they can do as they see fit. Other venues to discuss 'wisdom topics' without getting censored for disturbing the belief systems of people who are not yet courageous enough to break their barriers can be found, but its much better that it happens in the group's own forum, with people studying the delicate and deep material that had a lot of precious effort spent for channeling - many lifetimes by many people.

And we are back to our regular programming:

I think that productive discussion has been exhausted in this topic from my perspective. Im not interested in discussing whether people should be censored for seeking knowledge or not. I will leave this discussion now. Thank you all and good evening.
Scah
09-14-2020, 08:46 PM,
As a footnote: for those from the Anglosphere part of the world: Sorry if my post reads too harsh.

Im not an American and i see no obligation to act according to the dominant tradition of being indirect and trying to tell things without actually telling them - something which seems to be pervasive through Anglosphere.

Where i was born, and where i live, interactions are much more direct and honest than this, something which seems to dumbfound english-speaking people. (Maybe not Aussies or Americans from the south of US).

At this point i think some of you will realize for the first time that this is an international forum, and there are many different cultures interacting. Something which many people seems to forget - even i, myself. But hey...
flofrog
09-14-2020, 08:50 PM,
Thank you for exposing your feelings, unity100. I wish you all the best...in my Anglosphere sort of way, I suppose.
May all beings be happy.
The following 1 user Likes peregrine's post:
flofrog
09-14-2020, 09:07 PM,
(09-14-2020, 01:10 PM)peregrine Wrote:  

As far as I could see, many, not all, of the people who dove into the New Age movement were displaced religious types looking for another belief system—one that reflected current trends.
My take on it is that the people who were more caring-oriented couldn't handle the squabbling and so departed.  If I'm not wrong about it, this explains why those few of us who survived are mostly, as you describe, highly truth-oriented, often at the expense of love.  You could call it Darwinian, I suppose, but I'm not sure we're really "the fittest."  I think it's made for poor ecological diversity.

I think quite differently on this. I make continual efforts to stay balanced with truth/kindness, and posting here has been a great catalyst and learning environment to that end. But I can say that the above is rather insulting. I do not consider myself to NOT be caring-oriented, though I fall on the intellectual side of things. Furthermore, I have been the recipient of much attack from the so-called caring types in the name of "love" and "being nice." I have been reported to moderation, and I have written impassioned letters to them defending the right to speak honestly, and not be censored because I present a view that threatens others' comfort zones. In this I am in alignment with Unity100.

The problem with censorship is, where draw the line? How can you tell people they must be "loving" or "nice"? Who determines what is nice? Is it loving to just spew loving words? Is it loving to not be honest about being offended, and then turning that offended feeling on the person trying to express an honest view by making it their fault?

I do not refer to open name-calling (though I have received that too, by some of the most self-proclaimed loving members—sometimes outright and open and sometimes snidely hidden in a "loving" comment), but even in that, I do not promote censorship. Nor do I feel it's my responsibility to worry about every single thought I have that it might possibly offend SOMEone, though I do endeavor to be responsible and accountable to my words.

This is, bottom line, only a case of minimal moderation, and I say let the moderators decide what crosses the line.
09-14-2020, 09:33 PM,
(09-14-2020, 08:50 PM)peregrine Wrote:  Thank you for exposing your feelings, unity100. I wish you all the best...in my Anglosphere sort of way, I suppose.

Thank you too. Hopefully i wasnt too harsh and you are not offended. In any case, good evening.
09-14-2020, 09:52 PM,
(09-14-2020, 07:37 PM)peregrine Wrote:  ...my impression from the Ra Material is that wisdom serves love, it informs love: wisdom is the enhancement while love is the main dish...

Wow that was really well said !

I love it !

Heart  Heart  Heart

"Sockets are the standard networking API, also useful for stopping your eyes from falling onto your cheeks" zeromq.org
The following 1 user Likes Patrick's post:
peregrine
09-14-2020, 10:06 PM,
(09-14-2020, 09:33 PM)unity100 Wrote:  
(09-14-2020, 08:50 PM)peregrine Wrote:  Thank you for exposing your feelings, unity100.  I wish you all the best...in my Anglosphere sort of way, I suppose.

Thank you too. Hopefully i wasnt too harsh and you are not offended. In any case, good evening.

Oh, hell no!  I thought it was great. 

Of course I have my own take on this, but I want to give your sharing ample room to rest and relax before moving onward.  It was kind of big deal, you know?

May all beings be happy.
09-14-2020, 10:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 10:17 PM by peregrine.)
(09-14-2020, 09:07 PM)Diana Wrote:  I think quite differently on this. I make continual efforts to stay balanced with truth/kindness, and posting here has been a great catalyst and learning environment to that end. But I can say that the above is rather insulting. I do not consider myself to NOT be caring-oriented, though I fall on the intellectual side of things.
I'm sorry you took my comment as an insult.  For what it's worth, I don't consider myself uncaring either and I am surely on the wisdom-leaning side of the spectrum.  This is to say, I was not implying that you are unbalanced and mean--or I would say so when the topic came up, most likely, but why would it ever come up when you're not like that?
Taking this and unity100's comments and my comments to you together in a bunch, perhaps it's fairer to say that the type of forum member which typically presents itself as nice has a much easier time articulating their discomforts than do others of us.  Or do I mean that they are far more likely to proclaim their discontentedness?

May all beings be happy.
09-15-2020, 10:59 AM,
(09-14-2020, 10:16 PM)peregrine Wrote:  
(09-14-2020, 09:07 PM)Diana Wrote:  I think quite differently on this. I make continual efforts to stay balanced with truth/kindness, and posting here has been a great catalyst and learning environment to that end. But I can say that the above is rather insulting. I do not consider myself to NOT be caring-oriented, though I fall on the intellectual side of things.
I'm sorry you took my comment as an insult.  For what it's worth, I don't consider myself uncaring either and I am surely on the wisdom-leaning side of the spectrum.  This is to say, I was not implying that you are unbalanced and mean--or I would say so when the topic came up, most likely, but why would it ever come up when you're not like that?
Taking this and unity100's comments and my comments to you together in a bunch, perhaps it's fairer to say that the type of forum member which typically presents itself as nice has a much easier time articulating their discomforts than do others of us.  Or do I mean that they are far more likely to proclaim their discontentedness?

I think the point may be that it's perhaps not the best thing to divide us in two categories. We are all individuals and are not necessarily wholly one or the other. And I didn't mean to suggest that I was offended by what you said. It just prompted me to relate some challenging events, which I thought were unbalanced and greatly biased toward certain people and ways of thinking (or not thinking, as the case may be).

I think some people hide behind certain facades. The "nice" language is one of them. It creates a bias here to be exploited, as some people will do. Not all people who are "nice" exploit it, but some do. It is something to hide behind. Factual language is similar, in that some people may exploit that to hide behind so their feelings aren't exposed.

It is a learning experience and becomes obvious here, this difference between "love" types and "wisdom" types. I don't like using those monikers, but it seems simplest. For me, this difference in personality is helping me with balancing the truth/kindness issue, and accepting people for who they are. It becomes complicated (for me) because this world is so messed up as far as what humans have done to it, so when I deal with people who in my estimation aren't being honest, I connect that to the state of the Earth and all the life forms on it. This is my issue to deal with however, and it is me, and only me, who must work it out. And interacting here has been helpful in that regard.
The following 1 user Likes Diana's post:
flofrog
09-15-2020, 11:43 AM,
(09-15-2020, 10:59 AM)Diana Wrote:  ...it's perhaps not the best thing to divide us in two categories...

Yeah, I would have to agree.  Any labeling of people is a slippery slope. Smile

"Sockets are the standard networking API, also useful for stopping your eyes from falling onto your cheeks" zeromq.org
flofrog
09-15-2020, 06:02 PM,
This thread is pretty weird.

Unity, you are not the only one, but Peregrine's words make sense about why Peregrine is "harsh" and truth > compassion. It just doesn't make sense that he/they know this, yet they keep doing it.

By doing it, I mean minor incidents like this (scroll down)

Quote:This part, I think, is more open to opinion and discussion, but the case for it is quite strong. First, the forum guidelines state that the forums should be a safe, welcoming and sacred space. In my view, that was the case in years past, but it is no more. The affect of the place has become murky due in large measure, I would say, to the visible absence of moderators.
-OP Pere

That I would partially agree with.

Quote:Naturally, Gary & Austin will have to answer that. But they won't do so here, of course, because they seem to have quit visiting the forums altogether some time ago; and this even though guiding the forums is actually written into Austin's job description. So, I think we can let these facts stand as strong circumstantial evidence that the forums threaten to de-tune the LLR staff.
-OP Pere

The detuning issue is a big or at least important aspect.

(09-11-2020, 11:44 PM)peregrine Wrote:  Wowie-Zowie, dude, you must be sooooo awesome. 

But if that's so, then why are you hanging around here where the focus is on Confederation material?  I don't see the connection.  What use has a mighty crusader like you for messages from an humble messenger of the Law of One?  Please advise.  Thanks.

This was the first comment peregrine wrote to me, as far as I know. I was answering Kaziel's thread which had certain issues of the adept level to resolve. This was not a thread about whether I was an adept or not, I didn't make any such claims. I was just offering what I knew, and people could take it or not.

This was in the Spiritual and Metaphysics sub thread. https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18521

This is also an example of "detuning", although this would be the detuning done by the person that said this forum was being detuned. I'll leave that for people to tie together somehow.

Quote:Third, the guidelines state that, outside of the Cork Board, the forums should not be a place for self-promotion or promotion of personally espoused ideologies and such, and I think this has deteriorated in two ways. More obviously, it is now not uncommon for members to promote their personal projects or relentlessly propound the virtues of their personal spiritual group. Less obviously, it seems to me that over the past while more and more members are signing up so that they can offer their seemingly authoritative interpretations of a broad (and shallow) mix of spiritual literature and traditions in such a way that they end up minimizing the import of the Ra Material. I consider this another form of self-promotion and another influence that de-tunes the forums, preventing them from serving the highest possible good.

But... isn't there numerous examples of regulars, specifically pere, engaging in hijacking or non topic related conversations that derail the thread? Ok, the thread should be moved to another sub forum, yes, but they are still derailing it into a topic about their personal foibles and disagreements concerning bring4th forum moderation...

I'll leave that for the regulars and elders here to figure out. I am too new for that work.

As for moderators, they can always volunteer me.
09-15-2020, 07:50 PM,
Ymarsakar, you're right, my sarcastic posts to you were inappropriate. I'm sorry about that and am trying to become more equinanimous.
May all beings be happy.
The following 1 user Likes peregrine's post:
Patrick
09-15-2020, 07:58 PM,
(09-15-2020, 07:50 PM)peregrine Wrote:  Ymarsakar, you're right, my sarcastic posts to you were inappropriate.  I'm sorry about that and am trying to become more equinanimous.

That was a nice post for your post #999 Peregrine. Wink

09-15-2020, 08:32 PM,
I am looking for quotes from Ra where they explain why it is more consonant with the Law of One to be kind to others.  Something about not controlling the self because acceptance is the way to go for STO instead of control, but then excepting when not controlling the self would result in the detriment of others.  I've seen a lot of people saying that they are just expressing themselves and they should not stifle this desire to speak plainly in this way to others because that is who they are and should be accepted just like that (I'm not disputing this last part).

Anyway, this is all I could find for now.

Ra 42.10 Wrote:Questioner: How can a person know when he is unswayed by an emotionally charged situation if he is repressing the flow of emotions, or if he is in balance and truly unswayed?

Ra: I am Ra. We have spoken to this point. Therefore, we shall briefly iterate that to the balanced entity no situation has an emotional charge but is simply a situation like any other in which the entity may or may not observe an opportunity to be of service. The closer an entity comes to this attitude the closer an entity is to balance. You may note that it is not our recommendation that reactions to catalyst be repressed or suppressed unless such reactions would be a stumbling block not consonant with the Law of One to an other-self. It is far, far better to allow the experience to express itself in order that the entity may then make fuller use of this catalyst.

I find that most of the instances where I apply discipline to myself are when I choose not to react in an angry way to others.  If the "natural" reaction that comes up would be anger, I suppress it to the extent where I do not throw it back at the other.  I still allow myself to feel the anger.  I just choose not to be angry at the other person and just angry per se instead, which I then process in mental configuration.  I am not always successful, but when I am, I find that I am able to say thank you to the Universe for that anger.

My understanding is that in such cases, this type of repression/control polarizes you positively.  Anyone else gleamed that same understanding from Ra ?

09-15-2020, 09:50 PM,
(09-15-2020, 08:32 PM)Patrick Wrote:  I am looking for quotes from Ra where they explain why it is more consonant with the Law of One to be kind to others.  Something about not controlling the self because acceptance is the way to go for STO instead of control, but then excepting when not controlling the self would result in the detriment of others.  I've seen a lot of people saying that they are just expressing themselves and they should not stifle this desire to speak plainly in this way to others because that is who they are and should be accepted just like that (I'm not disputing this last part).

Anyway, this is all I could find for now.

Ra 42.10 Wrote:Questioner: How can a person know when he is unswayed by an emotionally charged situation if he is repressing the flow of emotions, or if he is in balance and truly unswayed?

Ra: I am Ra. We have spoken to this point. Therefore, we shall briefly iterate that to the balanced entity no situation has an emotional charge but is simply a situation like any other in which the entity may or may not observe an opportunity to be of service. The closer an entity comes to this attitude the closer an entity is to balance. You may note that it is not our recommendation that reactions to catalyst be repressed or suppressed unless such reactions would be a stumbling block not consonant with the Law of One to an other-self. It is far, far better to allow the experience to express itself in order that the entity may then make fuller use of this catalyst.

I find that most of the instances where I apply discipline to myself are when I choose not to react in an angry way to others.  If the "natural" reaction that comes up would be anger, I suppress it to the extent where I do not throw it back at the other.  I still allow myself to feel the anger.  I just choose not to be angry at the other person and just angry per se instead, which I then process in mental configuration.  I am not always successful, but when I am, I find that I am able to say thank you to the Universe for that anger.

My understanding is that in such cases, this type of repression/control polarizes you positively.  Anyone else gleamed that same understanding from Ra ?

There's this one I had posted yesterday in another thread:

Quote:18.5 Questioner: Thank you. I have a question here from Jim that I will read verbatim: “Much of the mystic tradition of seeking on Earth holds that belief that the individual self must be erased or obliterated and the material world ignored for an entity to reach ‘nirvana,’ as it’s called, or enlightenment. What is the proper role of the individual self and its worldly activities in aiding an entity to grow more into the Law of One?”

Ra: I am Ra. The proper role of the entity is in this density to experience all things desired, to then analyze, understand, and accept these experiences, distilling from them the love/light within them. Nothing shall be overcome. That which is not needed falls away.

The orientation develops due to analysis of desire. These desires become more and more distorted towards conscious application of love/light as the entity furnishes itself with distilled experience. We have found it to be inappropriate in the extreme to encourage the overcoming of any desires, except to suggest the imagination rather than the carrying out in the physical plane, as you call it, of those desires not consonant with the Law of One; this preserving the primal distortion of free will.

The reason it is unwise to overcome is that overcoming is an unbalanced action creating difficulties in balancing in the time/space continuum. Overcoming thus creates the further environment for holding onto that which apparently has been overcome.

All things are acceptable in the proper time for each entity, and in experiencing, in understanding, in accepting, in then sharing with other-selves, the appropriate description shall be moving away from distortions of one kind to distortions of another which may be more consonant with the Law of One.

It is, shall we say, a shortcut to simply ignore or overcome any desire. It must instead be understood and accepted. This takes patience and experience which can be analyzed with care, with compassion for self and for other-self.

All is Love. All is Light. Rejoice citizens of Eternity!
The following 2 users Like Minyatur's post:
flofrog, Patrick
09-16-2020, 01:49 AM,
Boy, just look at all this interpersonal development going on. Smile
The desire to be free is one of the brightest burning flames in the heart of humanity.
The following 1 user Likes Aion's post:
Patrick
09-16-2020, 07:10 AM,
Quote:I find that most of the instances where I apply discipline to myself are when I choose not to react in an angry way to others. If the "natural" reaction that comes up would be anger, I suppress it to the extent where I do not throw it back at the other. I still allow myself to feel the anger. I just choose not to be angry at the other person and just angry per se instead, which I then process in mental configuration. I am not always successful, but when I am, I find that I am able to say thank you to the Universe for that anger.

That explains why your energies/emotional core seems a little bit different from my pov. You are using that loop method. I sometimes detected that you had an intense dislike reaction when writing to me, but it was also not directed towards me. But if it was self suppression, that would make sense.

I do not know whether this polarizes you positively or not, but more discipline of emotions is beneficial for physical incarnations. Just due to the way Mars energy and what is called pre mortal or pre incarnative choices/energies work.
The following 1 user Likes Ymarsakar's post:
Patrick
09-16-2020, 09:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 09:06 AM by Ymarsakar.)
(09-13-2020, 09:08 PM)unity100 Wrote:  When i returned to the forum i was extremely surprised.

Not only there were a lot of people who were discussing actual spiritual topics, and many in depth, but there were also those who chased and discussed very, very advanced learning. I was very surprised. How much difference a few years did make. Where did these people come from. Where were they before. Amazing...

But what matters is that those people are here. What a change, but hey.
If the person needs that information - ie that information catches his/her attention or s/he is attracted to at least even check that information - then it is needed.

Repressing, ignoring, silencing needed information doesnt work. It will be presented until it is taken into account and learned. There are no two ways about it.

A good illustration of the positive spiritual work being done, rather than the negatives of a forum.

https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18548

Just like here, so long as there are people making the call for sincere seeking and help, that Call will be answered. Perhaps even faster in this new energy field.

" Where did these people come from. Where were they before."

I would remove the "wanderer" badges and titles, as this is nearly setting up an elite vs other, old guard vs newbie, situation.

Thus the Wanderer stories should be utilized more, not just for wanderer stuff but for all spiritual seeker and their stories. This would greatly polarize things one way or another.
Patrick
09-16-2020, 10:14 AM,
(09-16-2020, 07:10 AM)Ymarsakar Wrote:  ...I sometimes detected that you had an intense dislike reaction when writing to me, but it was also not directed towards me...

I dislike not understanding.  And this happens a lot ! Smile

So anyone having a point of view too removed from what I am able to understand brings this feeling of dislike.  I know intellectually that it's not the other person that brings this feeling.  It's something inside me that is frustrated by yet another shadow side of mine that is not yet explored and is being brought to light.  But knowing this intellectually does not do the work for me, it needs to be integrated deeper.

I still have a lot of work to do on balancing blue-ray (big theme for me in this incarnation), green, yellow and orange if you sensed dislike from me even while my intentions are to reflect only acceptance.  Of course, re-reading my other posts in other threads, it seems obvious after the fact that acceptance was not properly being conveyed.  I need to be more mindful of the now.  More present when I communicate.  And most of all, to learn to listen better (in the case of a forum, to be more present/focused while reading).

Thank you for your patience while this all plays out. Smile

flofrog
09-16-2020, 12:38 PM,
Patrick, this is so true about personal dislike and shadow, lol Wink

Ra in 106.23
Quote: We suggest the nature of all manifestation to be illusory and functional insofar as the entity turns from shale and shadow to the One

another incentive to forgive oneself in the end for our shadow once we see it clearly... lol
The following 1 user Likes flofrog's post:
Patrick
09-16-2020, 03:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 03:20 PM by Ymarsakar.)
(09-16-2020, 10:14 AM)Patrick Wrote:  
(09-16-2020, 07:10 AM)Ymarsakar Wrote:  ...I sometimes detected that you had an intense dislike reaction when writing to me, but it was also not directed towards me...

I dislike not understanding.  And this happens a lot ! Smile

So anyone having a point of view too removed from what I am able to understand brings this feeling of dislike.  I know intellectually that it's not the other person that brings this feeling.  It's something inside me that is frustrated by yet another shadow side of mine that is not yet explored and is being brought to light.  But knowing this intellectually does not do the work for me, it needs to be integrated deeper.

I still have a lot of work to do on balancing blue-ray (big theme for me in this incarnation), green, yellow and orange if you sensed dislike from me even while my intentions are to reflect only acceptance.  Of course, re-reading my other posts in other threads, it seems obvious after the fact that acceptance was not properly being conveyed.  I need to be more mindful of the now.  More present when I communicate.  And most of all, to learn to listen better (in the case of a forum, to be more present/focused while reading).

Thank you for your patience while this all plays out. Smile

By the term sensing, I refer to psionic/psychic empath abilities. Although at this point, one might more accurately call it surface level energy/telepathy reading. I used to actually think it was textual reading, a more advanced term for "reading between the lines", but then I realized there's nobody else that does that. And then a textual reader did their thing and I realized... I am not doing that method. They can read in between the lines, but their method is not the same as mine. Then things got strange...

So a person could be 100% polite, or even go above and beyond. But I can still read what they really feel. Which was rather confusing, because I didn't realize I had any abilities so to speak. So I thought this guy just pissed me off and I needed to go off on them. And since this was usually because they were angry or upset but hiding it, me erupting would set them off. They would then get set off and go after me. And you know how that goes after escalation.

There's nothing all that wrong with your energy output, Patrick. In fact, judging by the content of your work and posts, you are making great advancements in the field/path as a seeker. But I always like to solve puzzles and mysteries, so when I detect something new, I will try to crack the mystery open. Your explanation was the solution.
Patrick
Yesterday, 10:22 PM, (This post was last modified: Yesterday, 10:25 PM by Louisabell.)
I just wanted to say that I had found this space unique due to a rare combination of ambient 'service to other' intention melded with the light strength of courage and fortitude that I have found to only come from seriously dedicated inner and outer truth seekers.

I realise now that I had absorbed these energies into roots of mind, taking advantage then of the service on offer, utilising this in order to balance those stray aspects of my personality with those personalities so generously offered here. So all in all, it has been a great service, as a greater depth of interaction can only yield a greater depth of insight.

Any harmonies or abrasions found are truly mine to enjoy. So apologies and gratitudes on all counts.
The following 4 users Like Louisabell's post:
Diana, flofrog, Patrick, sunnysideup