Recommended max size for image
09-07-2019, 11:26 AM,
Recommended max size for image
When we are posting an image, what is the maximum recommended width and height?

Doubt everything. Find your own light. - Buddha
https://www.intentionrepeater.com
https://forums.intentionrepeater.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2019, 02:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 02:21 PM by ada.)
RE: Recommended max size for image
If you mean in the forum then the maximum size is probably 999, if you post 1000 or above it won't show.

I sometimes use a website that reconfigures the image pixel size so I can post it on the forum without it distorting too much or being smudged.

Also when you post the image itself you can do
Quote:[img=900x600]
for example, to adjust to a size that you want without using programs or websites, but you'll still need one if you want to know the correct pixel size so it won't smudge.
The following 1 user Likes ada's post:
Aaron
02-27-2021, 07:51 PM,
RE: Recommended max size for image
I saw in one thread a concern on the part of the administration with the layout, making it more mobile-friendly, and so on. That was about very long lines of unbroken text, like raw URLs, breaking browsing for mobile users by stretching the layout. That reminded me of images, where wide images can be a problem for non-mobile browsing too.

While I browse on non-mobile systems, sometimes a very wide image stretches the layout painfully in my not-super-wide browser window.

I thought that this could possibly have a simple fix: If the forum software is tweaked so that contents in the BB img-tag are CSS-styled to have a horizontal scrollbar added when too wide. Then the width will be determined by other contents. Then people can make images as wide as they want, and if they make it too wide, only their own post will be impacted (needing another "View image" click to view the whole image at once), not the entire current thread page.