Shade for Horses
07-24-2018, 02:19 PM,
Shade for Horses
I am starting a nonprofit to provide shade for kept horses in Arizona, particularly in the valley (Phoenix and surrounding areas). It's only in the very beginning stages, but I have a (very simple, preliminary) website up with a way to donate and sign up to volunteer:

Shade for Horses 

We are sourcing simple shade structures which will be paid for by donations. Eventually I hope to assemble a solid group of volunteers who locate the horses, contact the owners, and erect the structures. A friend is forming the 501C3, and another is sourcing the structure options. 

I've had this idea for some time, as I drive past miserable horses constantly with no protection, just standing in dirt lots. There is nothing the state or city will do for these animals beyond making sure they get a minimum of calories. I live in Arizona, and just yesterday it was 119 degrees here. This is about bypassing judgments, and just getting to the point—helping these horses. We will also help other kept animals such as cows or goats, etc., forced into penned areas with no protection from the sun. The shade structures will be free to horse owners. I don't care if the horse owners are rich or poor, only that the horses get relief.

I will be adding a Facebook page eventually and other social media. If I can I will hand that task off to a volunteer.

I have social sharing on the site, so if you visit it and you know anyone who would be interested in what it's about, please share.

With gratitude and compassion for all beings,
Diana
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 17 users Like Diana's post:
blossom, Bring4th_Jade, Cainite, flofrog, Foha, Glow, Icaro, IndigoGeminiWolf, isis, Nía, rva_jeremy, Stranger, sunnysideup, Surfboard, unity100, xise, Zach
07-24-2018, 03:43 PM,
RE: Shade for Horses
Using Patreon.com may be a good way to continually finance this endeavor.
can reach me@ unity100-gmail
The following 3 users Like unity100's post:
Nía, rva_jeremy, Zach
07-24-2018, 03:55 PM,
(07-24-2018, 03:43 PM)unity100 Wrote:  Using Patreon.com may be a good way to continually finance this endeavor.

Thanks for that. I'm not familiar with it and will check it out. Smile
07-24-2018, 04:40 PM,
very cool Cool

"I am all that has been, and is, and shall be..."
07-26-2018, 01:05 AM,
I really like the site design and thats such a great home picture. All the best.
07-26-2018, 03:08 PM,
Thank you everyone for your support. I already received a generous donation, and I think it must have come from someone here as this is the first place I announced it. I am deeply grateful to the person who did this. Thank you from me, and the horses.
The following 4 users Like Diana's post:
flofrog, isis, Nía, Zach
08-03-2018, 05:55 AM,
(07-24-2018, 03:43 PM)unity100 Wrote:  Using Patreon.com may be a good way to continually finance this endeavor.

You could also try https://www.gofundme.com, which is being used for funding animal rescue/welfare projects a lot. Lovely concept - fingers crossed! Heart

Compassion, sensitivity, and an ability to empathize are helpful in avoiding the distortions of man-made intelligence and awareness.
The following 1 user Likes Nía's post:
flofrog
08-03-2018, 12:34 PM,
(08-03-2018, 05:55 AM)Nía Wrote:  

You could also try https://www.gofundme.com, which is being used for funding animal rescue/welfare projects a lot. Lovely concept - fingers crossed! Heart

I don't think gofundme pays out unless you reach your goal. But yeah, it is another way. Thanks for recommending.

Developing ability to connect to Source
My Book: http://www.thewarlockname.com
My Forum: http://www.anthroshaman.com
The following 1 user Likes IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
Nía
08-03-2018, 02:00 PM,
(08-03-2018, 12:34 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote:  I don't think gofundme pays out unless you reach your goal. But yeah, it is another way. Thanks for recommending.

You can definitely just set up regular donation pages with them (for free). I think it's only Kickstarter and Indiegogo that works like you were saying? Or maybe they did it previously, and changed it in the meantime, don't know. But it's definitely possible. Smile

Compassion, sensitivity, and an ability to empathize are helpful in avoiding the distortions of man-made intelligence and awareness.
08-03-2018, 08:21 PM,
(08-03-2018, 02:00 PM)Nía Wrote:  You can definitely just set up regular donation pages with them (for free). I think it's only Kickstarter and Indiegogo that works like you were saying? Or maybe they did it previously, and changed it in the meantime, don't know. But it's definitely possible. Smile

Thanks for the idea, Nia. Really appreciate it.  Heart
The following 1 user Likes Diana's post:
Bring4th_Jade
08-09-2018, 08:14 PM,
I just wanted to send out more big thank you's to the members here who donated to Shade for Horses. 

Heart Heart Heart
The following 2 users Like Diana's post:
Bring4th_Jade, flofrog