Bring4th
what movie did you last watch? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: what movie did you last watch? (/showthread.php?tid=9894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: what movie did you last watch? - native - 05-18-2015

Impressive! You could school me for sure. Libraries are a great resource. Sophie's Choice is at the top of my queue. Speaking of Meryl Streep, I recently came across Adaptation again. Ever see it? Great move.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - isis - 05-18-2015

Adaptation is a great one. I actually own that one...& I don't own many movies. Forgot to mention that "The Last Picture Show" is one of my favorites too.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - AnthroHeart - 05-18-2015

Robin Williams is supposed to be having 2 more movies coming out.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - native - 05-18-2015

(05-18-2015, 04:06 PM)isis Wrote: Adaptation is a great one. I actually own that one...& I don't own many movies. Forgot to mention that "The Last Picture Show" is one of my favorites too.

Cool! Do you own any blu ray dvds? I never paid attention to the whole blu ray thing but I've been reading up on it and it's pretty enticing. Comparison

RE: what movie did you last watch? - isis - 05-19-2015

(05-18-2015, 05:28 PM)Icaro Wrote: Cool! Do you own any blu ray dvds? I never paid attention to the whole blu ray thing but I've been reading up on it and it's pretty enticing. Comparison

Nope...don't own a blu ray player. Watched blu ray movies before, though, when house/pet-sitting for someone...really couldn't tell a difference.

but I watched the comparison video you linked to & now I see that there definitely is one...could have fooled me, though.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - native - 05-19-2015

Yeah from what I understand not all are better.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - AnthroHeart - 05-19-2015

The Lord of the Rings trilogy marathon on blu-ray.

I recently watched Barton Fink..a movie all spiritual people should watch. The Coen brothers wrote it and the entire movie is a symbolic spiritual message. "You're in pictures too?" "Oh don't be silly." ..is a reference to consciousness and infinite unity.

The use of symbol is what makes film so great and it can be easy to miss. I recently watched Contact too, and at the moment she's fully through the worm hole what do you see? Movement inward through her eye. It seems to be a nod that contact starts by going within, where one can begin to "see". She also says that words can't describe what she's "seeing", and that she's foolish.  Clip

(05-19-2015, 01:52 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: The Lord of the Rings trilogy marathon on blu-ray.

Those are movies I never bothered to go see in the theater. A regret yet possibly a good thing. They are long!

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Stranger - 05-29-2015

Mad Max, based on all the glowing reviews, including how it's a feminist action movie and the best action film of the decade. It was like eating vomit while being repeatedly hit on the head with a blunt object for two hours. The entire story in all its nuances can be described in two to three sentences. The rest is s**t blowing up. In 3D!!!

RE: what movie did you last watch? - isis - 05-29-2015

The Giver. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the book, too...read it a very long time ago.

(05-29-2015, 10:03 PM)Stranger Wrote: It was like eating vomit while being repeatedly hit on the head with a blunt object for two hours.

bahaha that bad huh?

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Berilac Sandydowns - 05-29-2015

INK is a very memorable movie concerning spiritual things.
Starts pretty slow. Stick with it.
Indie film. May be a little hard to find.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1071804/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Dark City been mentioned yet?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Noir style. Fascinating premise. Kinda' creepy. I'm in love with the lead actress. :p

RE: what movie did you last watch? - native - 05-30-2015

I'll check out Ink. Just got done watching The Giver as well isis, what the hell! It was a good one..read it years ago and don't remember it.

Mad Max..yeah, visually entertaining but I wouldn't recommend others go pay to see it.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Minyatur - 05-30-2015

Anyone watches animes?

RE: what movie did you last watch? - isis - 05-30-2015

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2011)
tear-jerker but very cute.

(05-30-2015, 10:56 AM)Minyatur Wrote: Anyone watches animes?

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=9116

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Lighthead - 05-30-2015

Here's a good one that I highly recommend. It brought tears to my eyes at times. It's a documentary. A must-see.

[Image: FindingVivianMaier_Facebook.jpg]

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Minyatur - 06-01-2015

I just watched an alternate version of the Hobbit triology.

http://9gag.com/gag/aj0pBqQ

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Lighthead - 06-01-2015

(06-01-2015, 02:53 PM)Minyatur Wrote: I just watched an alternate version of the Hobbit triology.

How hilarious.

[Image: mFYbxHY.gif]

(06-01-2015, 03:02 PM)Lighthead Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 02:53 PM)Minyatur Wrote: I just watched an alternate version of the Hobbit triology.

How hilarious.

[Image: mFYbxHY.gif]

As of now, 24,299 people thought it was.

I wonder who f***** up the books most, the guy who made this or Peter Jackson.

(06-01-2015, 03:05 PM)Minyatur Wrote: As of now, 24,299 people thought it was.

Wow, you must really hate the movies. My favorite is the Silmarillion. But I haven't read it in ages. *Hopes he doesn't get asked what he read.*

(06-01-2015, 03:09 PM)Lighthead Wrote:

Wow, you must really hate the movies. My favorite is the Silmarillion. But I haven't read it in ages. *Hopes he doesn't get asked what he read.*

Nah I enjoyed the movies, the part I liked least was when they were in the mountain running around from Smaug and made the golden statue. Then the dragon has all of them in front of him and is just like, screw you guys I'm going to destroy the city over there. Made no sense to me whereas in the books they were hidding and Smaug went to the city because he couldn't find them.

I think the Tolkien familly got tired of Peter Jackson though, I'd love if he could make Last Alliance movies.

Ah the Simarillion, excellent book. My username Minyatur comes from the name Elros took when he became the 1rst king of Numenor. What I used prior to Minyatur was Tulkas, the war Valar.

(06-01-2015, 03:12 PM)Minyatur Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 03:09 PM)Lighthead Wrote:

Nah I enjoyed the movies, the part I liked least was when they were in the mountain running around from Smaug and made the golden statue. Then the dragon has all of them in front of him and is just like, screw you guys I'm going to destroy the city over there. Made no sense to me whereas in the books they were hidding and Smaug went to the city because he couldn't find them.

I think the Tolkien familly got tired of Peter Jackson though, I'd love if he could make Last Alliance movies.

Ah the Simarillion, excellent book. My username Minyatur comes from the name Elros took when he became the 1rst king of Numenor. What I used prior to Minyatur was Tulkas, the war Valar.

I really do think the books are excellent. I sort of remember now that there was something in the first Lord of the Rings that wasn't the same as the book. It had to do with someone they met on their journey to Mordor. The person was in the book, but not in the movie. You probably know who I'm talking about.

What I like about the Lord of the Rings is the use of the runes. I also like the elvish script, the way it looks. It looks very magical. Tolkien was an absolute virtuoso in forming his mythology.

Tom Bombadil, even in the books he is nothing but a mysterious fella.

(06-01-2015, 03:24 PM)Minyatur Wrote: Tom Bombadil, even in the books he is nothing but a mysterious fella.

That's right. That's exactly who it was.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - isis - 06-03-2015

The Theory of Everything (2014)
Finished watching it this evening. It gave me goosebumps so many times. It's about Stephen Hawking...& the movie just-so-happened to get over at exactly 8:00 - which made my jaw drop bc Stephen is obsessed with time. & top-of-the-hour is the clock synchronicity I'm forever getting.

More times than I can count, movies that I watch will just-so-happen to come to an end at the top of the hour. I think it's incredibly awesome that it happened with that movie, considering how much time is mentioned in it. I feel compelled to write him about it.

I wonder if Stephen Hawking gets clock synchronicities & knows about the 11:11 phenomenon.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - APeacefulWarrior - 06-04-2015

The Hobbit movies aren't really Peter Jackson's fault. He wrote and directed TWO movies, but then Warner and\or New Line got greedy, and decided they wanted another trilogy of scope similar to the first. They pretty much forced PJ to add in an entire movie's worth of padding. So we get things like a totally needless elf\dwarf love triangle, an in-depth examination of the socioeconomic stratification of Lake Town, and half an hour of Legolas doing nothing but shooting Orcs.

I agree, though, the forced action sequence and cliffhanger (added in later) at the end of "Desolation" was incredibly dumb in all sorts of ways. Besides the lack of clear logic on Smaug's part, I'd expect a dwarf to know better than to use a fire attack on a fire elemental. Yeesh! BigSmile

RE: what movie did you last watch? - AnthroHeart - 06-04-2015

I only saw the first hobbit movie I think. From what little I recall I liked it.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Spaced - 06-04-2015

I watched The Boxtrolls the other day and quite enjoyed it. It reminded me of a dream I had a year or so ago Smile

But the funniest was in Lord of the Rings where Gandalf shoots fireworks from his carriage for the kids.

(06-04-2015, 02:52 PM)Spaced Wrote: I watched The Boxtrolls the other day and quite enjoyed it. It reminded me of a dream I had a year or so ago Smile

It's free on NetFlix it is, if you subscribe. I liked it too.