Bring4th
what movie did you last watch? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: what movie did you last watch? (/showthread.php?tid=9894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

what movie did you last watch? - Plenum - 09-05-2014

question as per title Smile

RE: what movie did you last watch? - michael430 - 09-05-2014

[deleted]

RE: what movie did you last watch? - isis - 09-05-2014

just finished anna karenina last night. my favorite part was when they pronounced 'karenina' bc then i was able to prove some1 wrong. that movie is like pride and prejudice (2005) on crack

before that it was popeye (1980)

RE: what movie did you last watch? - AnthroHeart - 09-05-2014

The Chronicles of Riddick

RE: what movie did you last watch? - isis - 09-05-2014

what movie did u last watch plenum?!

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Jeremy - 09-05-2014

Divergent was the last one. Had a hunger games vibe to it to me. Not a bad movie but nothing spectacular

RE: what movie did you last watch? - AnthroHeart - 09-05-2014

I'm curious about a spoiler. What makes the divergents so special? Do they have special powers?

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Spaced - 09-05-2014

The Book Thief. The ending made me cry Blush

RE: what movie did you last watch? - zvonimir - 09-05-2014

Donnie Darko - what a broken puzzle this is - Primary Universe versus Tangent Universe,must be watched at least 2 times with full observation ,nothing is what is seems to be

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHXaiXc8ZMPSyIJ12Y4fu...ZLPJZVCNdZ]

When a Tangent Universe occurs, those living nearest to the Vortex, will find themselves at the epicenter of a dangerous new world.

Artifacts provide the first sign that a Tangent Universe has occurred.

Plenum if you find the time put your eye on this art and share some thoughts.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Aaron - 09-07-2014

*Boston accent* The Departed

RE: what movie did you last watch? - anagogy - 09-07-2014

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Plenum - 09-07-2014

(09-05-2014, 11:26 AM)isis Wrote: what movie did u last watch plenum?!

I watched Captain America: Winter Soldier, which was pretty bad to tell you the truth BigSmile I know it's a common thing to say that there is a glut of comic book movies - but there are! I enjoyed them for a time ... but they end up traversing the same kind of archetypal space over and over again, without adding anything new. I got the same thimg with the Thor Movies, which I just breezed over.

you can call me jaded if you will (but not Jade, that is another word altogether), but I think I'm checking out of movies for a while Tongue

(09-05-2014, 11:17 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: The Chronicles of Riddick

funnily enough, I actually liked this one!

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Phoenix - 09-07-2014

I'm watching Ghandi at the moment, although I've only watched two hours of it so far. (It's 3 hours 16 minutes long).

What I have grown tired of in films is supernatural horror. Because it goes nowhere compared to the real thing. You see some heavily made up laughing freak on a Blade film, then compare that with someone getting struck by lightning and having to drag themselves along the ground because they're half paralysed. Or the massacre scene in Gandhi, that is by far the worst thing I've ever seen on a film.

Along the more 'Hollywood' lines, I greatly enjoyed Sherlock Holmes 2: A game of Shadows.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - third-density-being - 09-07-2014

Yesterday I've watched movie titled: "The Possession of Michael King". Well made, low-budged horror movie Smile

IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2282016/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

YouTube Trailer:

Crazy, Intriguing, Recommendable Smile

I think I liked it especially, because main character is a very rational Person, who enters deep waters of ritual black magic without any understanding of it. He made an Agreements without conscious knowledge what exactly he is doing.

Rituals themself were interesting as well - in some, certain activity of "Masters-of-Ceremony" were required, to produce and direct psychic energy (summoning black magic ritual).

I find Amusing interpreting such movies from point of view of Teachings/Learning of Ra and Seth Smile

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Stranger - 09-07-2014

I really enjoyed "Only Lovers Left Alive". Before that, Guardians of the Galaxy was a lot of fun!

RE: what movie did you last watch? - thamus - 09-09-2014

(09-07-2014, 11:15 PM)Stranger Wrote: I really enjoyed "Only Lovers Left Alive". Before that, Guardians of the Galaxy was a lot of fun!

I'm thinking about watch it because of Marvel movies are ever good, do you recommend it?

Last that I watched was Ong Bak 2 Tongue nice fights hehe

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Plenum - 09-09-2014

(09-07-2014, 11:15 PM)Stranger Wrote: Before that, Guardians of the Galaxy was a lot of fun!

been meaning to watch that if I ever get the chance!

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Plenum - 10-02-2014

Maleficent.

modern take on old fairy tale themes. Love betrayed, then love reawoken.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - AnthroHeart - 10-02-2014

I play movies in my head with an imaginary friend.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Plenum - 10-02-2014

(10-02-2014, 04:32 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: I play movies in my head with an imaginary friend.

saves you money I guess lol Smile

RE: what movie did you last watch? - AnthroHeart - 10-02-2014

(10-02-2014, 04:51 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 04:32 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: I play movies in my head with an imaginary friend.

saves you money I guess lol Smile

Yesterday I imagined us under the stars in a meadow. I participate in these movies. But they are pretty short.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Diana - 10-02-2014

Woody Allen's "Magic in the Moonlight." It was awesome. Smile

RE: what movie did you last watch? - ascension scout - 10-02-2014

'A Mighty Wind' love me some Christopher Guest! 'Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, soft spot for British Comedy. Saw X-Men days of future past, James McAvoy was top-notch. And um, well I.....I watched transformers 4....so yeeeeah. I don't know, I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I find it strangely compelling. Anything Exopolitics gets me, no matter how distorted.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - zvonimir - 10-03-2014

The Giver -utopian society that excluded all negative catalysts from life ,they gave birth to "sameness" and eradicated emotional depth from their lives, and become all that they were trying to escape from ,but Jonas the receiver of memory couldn't live in such a way knowing all that was forbidden and hidden from the rest of society.

grade from 1-5 =3

probably the book is a better part then the movie

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Ashim - 10-03-2014

Ender's Game.

Watched it with my daughter.
We both felt sad for the 'aliens'.

Not such a good film.

Harrison Ford looked like he was not having such a good time.

Can't wait for the new Star Wars though....hope that Mr. A does a good job.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Diana - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 08:49 AM)Ashim Wrote: Ender's Game.

Not such a good film.

Too bad. The books were good. :/

And thank you for the review. I am the sort who feels badly for Godzilla and Frankenstein.

(10-02-2014, 11:54 PM)ascension scout Wrote: soft spot for British Comedy.

Then I would recommend "The IT Crowd" and "Black Books." I think you can stream them both on Netflix. Smile

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Ashim - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 11:11 AM)Diana Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 08:49 AM)Ashim Wrote: Ender's Game.

Not such a good film.

Too bad. The books were good. :/

And thank you for the review. I am the sort who feels badly for Godzilla and Frankenstein.

(10-02-2014, 11:54 PM)ascension scout Wrote: soft spot for British Comedy.

Then I would recommend "The IT Crowd" and "Black Books." I think you can stream them both on Netflix. Smile

To be honest I find it tiresome to sit for over an hour in front of a screen.
Most movies tend to bore me pretty quickly, although I am sure that many are good pieces of art and involve the efforts of countless folks.

The last movie that I really enjoyed was a french comedy called The Intouchables. We went to the cinema in town just on spec and decided on that movie. Folks were laughing almost all the way through...it was a great 'feel good' night and we really enjoyed it.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - isis - 10-03-2014

Nebraska - i loved it

RE: what movie did you last watch? - 1109 - 10-04-2014

Cloud Atlas - I was impressed, fascinated, I could not look away. My girlfriend fell asleep though..

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Guardian - 10-04-2014

The fault in our stars - cried like a baby for 2 hours straight

Good people - shitty movie

Sin city prequel - uninteresting violence

22 jump street - stupid funny as expected

Fading gigolo - wasn't as good to me as everyone seemed to think it was

How to train your dragon 2 - loved it

Xmen days of future past - first half great, second half boring

I hurt my back and have been laying in bed watching movies all weekend...