Bring4th
First-ranking lessons - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: First-ranking lessons (/showthread.php?tid=8877)

Pages: 1 2

First-ranking lessons - Ankh - 03-23-2014

I've been contemplating one specific piece in the Ra material lately, and I have two questions about it. Here is this piece:

daddy Ra Wrote:52.11 Questioner: Thank you. Just a little point that was bothering me of no real importance.

Well, is there then, from the point of view of an individual who wishes to follow the service-to-others path from our present position in third density, is there anything of importance other than disciplines of personality, knowledge of self, and strengthening of will?

Ra: I am Ra. This is technique. This is not the heart. Let us examine the heart of evolution.

Let us remember that we are all one. This is the great learning/teaching. In this unity lies love. This is a great learn/teaching. In this unity lies light. This is the fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in materialization. Unity, love, light, and joy; this is the heart of evolution of the spirit.

The second-ranking lessons are learn/taught in meditation and in service. At some point the mind/body/spirit complex is so smoothly activated and balanced by these central thoughts or distortions that the techniques you have mentioned become quite significant. However, the universe, its mystery unbroken, is one. Always begin and end in the Creator, not in technique.

As I understand the above piece, the disciplines of personality, knowledge of the self, strengthening of the will, and even service to others and meditation are *not* the first-ranking lessons; they are the second-ranking lessons. The first-ranking lessons are these central thoughts, as Ra called them:

"Let us remember that we are all one. This is the great learning/teaching. In this unity lies love. This is a great learn/teaching. In this unity lies light. This is the fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in materialization. Unity, love, light, and joy; this is the heart of evolution of the spirit."

So, at some point, when an entity has learned these lessons, it becomes so smoothly activated and balanced by these central thoughts, that it is only *then* that the second-ranking lessons (which are meditation, service, strengthening of the will, knowledge of the self, and the disciplines of personality) become significant.

So, my first question is: do you guys have any other interpretation of the above Ra piece, or am I correct in my understanding of it as I described it?

My second question is about one of these central thoughts:

"In this unity lies light. This is the fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in materialization."

What light did Ra mean in that piece, and why is this thought a *fundamental* learning?

Light can be metaphysical, or can't it be? Light is also physical, a photon, and all materialization is made of that photon, right? Light has also sometimes been synonymously used with wisdom, as in - fifth density has sometimes been called both the density of Light and the density of Wisdom? So, what sort of light did Ra mean in this piece, and why is this light so fundamental to learn/understand? Why is this a central thought, or a first-ranking lesson? I hope I make sense with this my second question, cause I am quite confused about this.

RE: First-ranking lessons - Adonai One - 03-23-2014

Ranks are but an abstraction of what is all. The lessons are inherent, what is attained is inherent. What is not inherent is the knowingness of the self. Are you not all things? You are very loved. I just want to say that you are very wise, Ankh, but there is truly nothing to learn as you know it. This is my belief/understanding.

RE: First-ranking lessons - βαθμιαίος - 03-23-2014

I think they're referring to light in the sense of the third distortion. All planes of existence in materialization are built out of that light, and the light stems from unity. That's apparently the fundamental learn/teaching of all material planes.

RE: First-ranking lessons - AnthroHeart - 03-23-2014

I think that even time/space is an illusion, and hence made out of Light. Thus the metaphysical world is Light. Ra is 6th density, which exists mostly in time/space from what I've read on this forum. Though they have made themselves into 5th density for now so they can better assist the world.

RE: First-ranking lessons - isis - 03-23-2014

in that piece i interpret light to mean wisdom

in 1 of my favorite dreams, i found myself in a spaceship. it was flying around & i was looking out of a window & seeing other spaceships firing at the spaceship i was in but nothing was happening. i said to the entity i was with, "y rn't their shots harming us?" then he smiled & said, "bc we're light"

RE: First-ranking lessons - AnthroHeart - 03-23-2014

At least your dream made sense isis. Sometimes my dreams aren't coherent. I get lots of dreams of restrooms or cafeterias. And usually the restroom is wartorn, and the cafeteria doesn't have much food.

RE: First-ranking lessons - Matt1 - 03-23-2014

My understanding is light is wisdom. So love/light is another way of saying compassion/wisdom.

I believe Ra is referring to the fact that meditation, will, service to others are technique which helps in the creation of coherent thoughts of unity. The more coherent/adept our thoughts become the more work can be done in the present with the above mentioned techniques.

Meditation, service to others, will, the personality, archetypes are all ultimately ways for the creator to experience itself and for us to experience our self as the creator. One in the same.

RE: First-ranking lessons - isis - 03-23-2014

(03-23-2014, 02:32 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: At least your dream made sense isis. Sometimes my dreams aren't coherent. I get lots of dreams of restrooms or cafeterias. And usually the restroom is wartorn, and the cafeteria doesn't have much food.

sounds like u need better eating habits

RE: First-ranking lessons - xise - 03-23-2014

The first ranking lesson is about beingness. Your being encompasses all of creation; creation being made up of love/light//unity and the joy of becoming that. This is all an illusion, you are the only one here.

The second ranking lesson is about actions. The natural and less-confused path is when your actions stem and flow naturally from your being and from a deep understanding that you are everything, rather than vice versa.

Or at least, that's how I (or another version of you Smile) see it.

RE: First-ranking lessons - Ankh - 03-23-2014

Thank you all for your answers.

(03-23-2014, 01:57 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: I think they're referring to light in the sense of the third distortion. All planes of existence in materialization are built out of that light, and the light stems from unity. That's apparently the fundamental learn/teaching of all material planes.

This sounds right, and in that case, i.e. by "light" Ra meant the third distortion in that piece, why is it a fundamental learning or should be a central thought? Do you understand my confusion?

(03-23-2014, 02:26 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: I think that even time/space is an illusion, and hence made out of Light. Thus the metaphysical world is Light.

Interesting that you brought this up, because here again Ra says what is important to learn and what is less:

daddy Ra Wrote:Since the concepts of space/time, or physics, and time/space, or metaphysics, are mechanical they are not central to the spiritual evolution of the mind/body/spirit complex. The study of love and light is far more productive in its motion towards unity in those entities pondering such concepts.

(03-23-2014, 04:15 PM)Matt1 Wrote: My understanding is light is wisdom. So love/light is another way of saying compassion/wisdom.

That is also one possible and interesting interpretation of "light" in that Q/A. As I said, I am confused for the moment of what sort of "light" Ra meant in that piece, and I am pondering both this and why it is so fundamental to learn this lesson...

RE: First-ranking lessons - Sacred Fool - 03-23-2014

Aside: Referring to another thread and looking at the disparate understandings, this dialogue seems to indicate that Ra didn't even come close to breaking any laws of confusion.

Anyhow, as for my own confused opinion on the above text, the Ra gang appears to be making a point of emphasizing to the questioner (who has a very strong bias towards technical questions) that the heart of the matter, the fundamental stuff of Creation, is this Mystery thing that we cannot even come close to exploring with mentally directed (technical) means. I would say that this is described as "fundamental" because everything else you can imagine will eventually cease to provide catalyst for growth, everything else can be outgrown (given several million years or so), but this other thing is of a different order. Within it is all of elemental Creation and all of Transcendence and all the rest.

My guess is that Ra is suggesting to Don that spirit evolves as its profile becomes closer to that of the central Mystery. At that point, technique can become much more useful.

Try it and see what happens............

RE: First-ranking lessons - GentleReckoning - 03-23-2014

"Let us remember that we are all one. This is the great learning/teaching. In this unity lies love. This is a great learn/teaching. In this unity lies light. This is the fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in materialization. Unity, love, light, and joy; this is the heart of evolution of the spirit."

integral psychology

Seeing value in everyone and every experience is positively polarizing and should be the focus, possibly beyond 'forced' external action.

RE: First-ranking lessons - native - 03-23-2014

I think they're possibly just being poetic even though it's true related to the first three distortions as has been pointed out. If not, they're possibly referring to the magical nature of transformation when love (potential) becomes light (kinetic)..the act of illumination which allows for changes in the form.

"There is the same difference between love/light and light/love as there is between teach/learning and learn/teaching. Love/light is the enabler, the power, the energy giver. Light/love is the manifestation which occurs when light has been impressed with love."

RE: First-ranking lessons - anagogy - 03-23-2014

(03-23-2014, 01:24 PM)Ankh Wrote: So, my first question is: do you guys have any other interpretation of the above Ra piece, or am I correct in my understanding of it as I described it?

Yes, in my opinion you are.

(03-23-2014, 01:24 PM)Ankh Wrote: My second question is about one of these central thoughts:

"In this unity lies light. This is the fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in materialization."

What light did Ra mean in that piece, and why is this thought a *fundamental* learning?

Light can be metaphysical, or can't it be? Light is also physical, a photon, and all materialization is made of that photon, right? Light has also sometimes been synonymously used with wisdom, as in - fifth density has sometimes been called both the density of Light and the density of Wisdom? So, what sort of light did Ra mean in this piece, and why is this light so fundamental to learn/understand? Why is this a central thought, or a first-ranking lesson? I hope I make sense with this my second question, cause I am quite confused about this.

The light Ra was referring to, in my opinion, was the light of wisdom. Consciousness is a kind of metaphysical light. It "illuminates" the true nature of things. Space/time or physical light is simply how metaphysical light translates itself down to an outer expression. Similar to how an intangible thought might take on a form in your dreams to symbolize its essential nature.

Unity is synonymous with truth, which is synonymous with seeing things clearly. So in unity there is light, or truth. The more light you acquire, the more truth, or wisdom, you have acquired, which of necessity raises ones consciousness to a broader, and more metaphysically illuminated, perspective.

And what we call "love", much like this light, is simply a measure of how clear our perception is of this connectivity, or essential unity.

RE: First-ranking lessons - zenmaster - 03-23-2014

Love = Logos = "the focus of infinity into infinite energy"
"the second distortion known to you as Logos, the Creative Principle or Love"
"The Logos creates light"
"Love, creating light..."

Light = "intelligent energy’s representation of intelligent infinity"
"The origin of all energy is the action of free will upon love."
"The nature of all energy is light."

"Love, creating light, becoming love/light, streams into the planetary sphere according to the electromagnetic web of points or nexi of entrance. These streamings are then available to the individual who, like the planet, is a web of electromagnetic energy fields with points or nexi of entrance.

In a balanced individual each energy center is balanced and functioning brightly and fully. The blockages of your planetary sphere cause some distortion of intelligent energy. The blockages of the mind/body/spirit complex further distort or unbalance this energy. There is one energy. It may be understood as love/light or light/love or intelligent energy."

Note that love stems from unity, and love creates (and enables) light. The only reason there is no unity in consciousness, is lack of acceptance of unity from the individuated context (of self).

Why does the planetary sphere have blockages? Because it functions as a Logos (AKA Love) with the inhabitants as the enabler of light, or "intelligent energy’s representation of intelligent infinity".

RE: First-ranking lessons - xise - 03-24-2014

The first time Ra made contact, Ra was not asked a question. Ra did not know how long the contact would last. Ra had to realize that the first message might be the only thing it was able to communicate.

What would a millions of year old entity who was sending one single message send when it was trying to help other's evolve? The most important message. I think Ra's first communique is the most profound quote in the entire material, and is always useful when interpreting any of the material, and I think useful to the OP's query. Here's the message:

Quote:1.0 ▶ Ra: I am Ra. I have not spoken through this instrument before. We had to wait until she was precisely tuned, as we send a narrow-band vibration. We greet you in the love and in the light of our Infinite Creator.

We have watched your group. We have been called to your group, for you have a need for the diversity of experiences in channeling which go with a more intensive, or as you might call it, advanced approach to the system of studying the patterns of the illusions of your body, your mind, and your spirit, which you call seeking the truth. We hope to offer you a somewhat different slant upon the information which is always and ever the same.

The Confederation of Planets in the Service of the Infinite Creator has only one important statement. That statement, my friends, as you know, is “All things, all of life, all of the creation is part of one original thought.”

We will exercise each channel if we are able to. The reception of our beam is a somewhat more advanced feat than some of the more broad vibration channels opened by other members for more introductory and intermediate work.

Let us for a moment consider thought. What is it, my friends, to take thought? Took you then thought today? What thoughts did you think today? What thoughts were part of the original thought today? In how many of your thoughts did the creation abide? Was love contained? And was service freely given? You are not part of a material universe. You are part of a thought. You are dancing in a ballroom in which there is no material. You are dancing thoughts. You move your body, your mind, and your spirit in somewhat eccentric patterns for you have not completely grasped the concept that you are part of the original thought.

We would at this time transfer to an instrument known as Don. I am Ra.

[Two-minute pause.]

I am Ra. I am again with this instrument. We are close to initiating a contact but are having difficulty penetrating a certain mental tension and distraction that is somewhat characteristic of this channel. We will therefore describe the type of vibration which is being sent. The instrument will find us entering the energy field at a slight angle towards the back of the top of the head in a narrow but strong area of intensity. We are not able to offer any conditioning due to our own transmitting limitations. Therefore, if the instrument can feel this particular effect he may then speak our thoughts as they come to him. We will again attempt this contact. I am Ra.

[Ninety-second pause.]

This instrument is resisting our contact. However, we assure her that we are satisfied that contact with the one known as Don is not at this time preferable to that instrument. We will, therefore, move on to the one known as Leonard. Again we caution the instrument that it is a narrow-band communication which is felt as a vibration entering the aura. We will now transfer this contact. I am Ra.

[Ninety-second pause.]

I am Ra. We greet you once more in the love and the light of our Infinite Creator. We ask that you be patient with us, for we are a difficult channel to receive. However, we may perhaps add some dimensions to your understanding.

At this time we would be glad to attempt to speak to any subject or question which those entities in the room may have potential use in the requesting.

RE: First-ranking lessons - Ankh - 03-24-2014

(03-23-2014, 11:39 PM)zenmaster Wrote: Love = Logos = "the focus of infinity into infinite energy"

"Love, creating light, becoming love/light, streams into the planetary sphere according to the electromagnetic web of points or nexi of entrance. These streamings are then available to the individual who, like the planet, is a web of electromagnetic energy fields with points or nexi of entrance.

In a balanced individual each energy center is balanced and functioning brightly and fully. The blockages of your planetary sphere cause some distortion of intelligent energy. The blockages of the mind/body/spirit complex further distort or unbalance this energy. There is one energy. It may be understood as love/light or light/love or intelligent energy."

Note that love stems from unity, and love creates (and enables) light. The only reason there is no unity in consciousness, is lack of acceptance of unity from the individuated context (of self).

Why does the planetary sphere have blockages? Because it functions as a Logos (AKA Love) with the inhabitants as the enabler of light, or "intelligent energy’s representation of intelligent infinity".

Thanks, zenmaster. Why is this light which you described in your post a "fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in materialization", that it even comes before service, meditation, disciplines of personality, knowledge of self, and strengthening of will? In order to graduate the third density "just" needs to learn how to love without a significant distortion, right? Why does it need to learn about this light, which you explained?

RE: First-ranking lessons - zenmaster - 03-24-2014

Wasn't that initial bit just part of a regular conscious channeling session.

RE: First-ranking lessons - Fang - 03-24-2014

Yeah the first session was conscious or at least non trance with an unidentified third party and without Jim. Hence the "dancing thoughts" stuff lol

(03-24-2014, 12:52 AM)Ankh Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 11:39 PM)zenmaster Wrote: Love = Logos = "the focus of infinity into infinite energy"

Thanks, zenmaster. Why is this light which you described in your post a "fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in materialization", that it even comes before service, meditation, disciplines of personality, knowledge of self, and strengthening of will? In order to graduate the third density "just" needs to learn how to love without a significant distortion, right? Why does it need to learn about this light, which you explained?
Because that "light" is none other than consciousness of yourself, which is the creation or unique expression of yourself (our just "self"). Learning to love without a significant distortion refers to a level of consciousness which is able to work with and to express a certain amount of light which balances out to that provided by the next density. That light is a unique representation of intelligent infinity (which is also indicated as the overall balance in violet ray). Ra and Don provided an informative set of archetypal relationships which show how that same light, as consciousness, may be intelligently guided.

RE: First-ranking lessons - Ankh - 03-24-2014

(03-24-2014, 01:18 AM)zenmaster Wrote: Because that "light" is none other than consciousness of yourself, which is the creation or unique expression of yourself (our just "self"). Learning to love without a significant distortion refers to a level of consciousness which is able to work with and to express a certain amount of light which balances out to that provided by the next density. That light is a unique representation of intelligent infinity (which is also indicated as the overall balance in violet ray). Ra and Don provided an informative set of archetypal relationships which show how that same light, as consciousness, may be intelligently guided.

Do you equal this "light" with consciousness? If so, I don't know about that. In the area of the creation, the first step was that infinity became aware or conscious. Then the three primal distortions came. This awareness or consciousness is not said to be a distortion. So, I am leaning more towards the understanding that the "light" which Ra speak of in the above discussed piece is the light which is the third distortion. You also said: "Learning to love without a significant distortion refers to a level of consciousness which is able to work with and to express a certain amount of light..." Which I understand that there is some sort of light which an entity works with.

In regards to light/love or love/light - Ra said that in unity lies love, and then they said that in unity lies light. If it would be one and the same, maybe they would have said that in unity lies love/light, light/love... But I don't know. I am confused. I should drop this, but when Ra says "this is a fundamental teaching" and I don't understand what this teaching is about, I get frustrated, and also confused.

Anyways, what I also noticed is that Ra says that unity and love are great learn/teachings, while light is a fundamental teaching. Just teaching, not learning. Has this any significance? I don't understand this either.

What I believe (for now!) is that the "light" which Ra meant in that piece is the light which is the building block of all matter:

"The concept of light is instrumental in grasping this great leap of thought as this vibrational distortion of infinity is the building block of that which is known as matter, the light being intelligent and full of energy, thus being the first distortion of intelligent infinity which was called by the creative principle."

But as xise mentioned, we are not part of the material universe. And so, Ra says that this light is intelligent and full of energy. Since there is only one energy, the intelligent energy, it contains it, but also the intelligent infinity itself, as mentioned here:

"...the intelligent infinity present in each particle of light or distorted light..."

Maybe that is why grasping this concept of light is so important? They also say this:

"The seeker seeks the One. This One is to be sought, as we have said, by the balanced and self-accepting self, aware both of its apparent distortions and its total perfection. Resting in this balanced awareness, the entity then opens the self to the universe which it is. The light energy of all things may then be attracted by this intense seeking, and wherever the inner seeking meets the attracted cosmic prana, realization of the One takes place."

I also like this, where the light is likened to water:

"Questioner: Why is the spiraling light focused by something as open and simple as four wooden rods joined at an apex angle?

Ra: I am Ra. If you pictured light in the metaphysical sense, as water, and the pyramid shape as a funnel, this concept might become self-evident."

But again, is understanding this "light" so fundamental and important? People who have had these realizations of the One, where the light energy of all things meet the inner seeking, or light, do they all have had this conscious understanding of this light?

With all this being said, there is still something that I don't understand unfortunately...

Thank you all for answering, and keep writing your thoughts if you have any! Maybe I'll get it too some day. :p

RE: First-ranking lessons - native - 03-24-2014

Maybe this will help. Notice below that radiance is equated with reflectiveness, which is an insightful metaphor. The more you reflect/mirror unity in the moment, the more light you are generating (realization of the One). To meld love/light with light/love (seeing your mirror) provides a balanced energy for the collective so that it may move forward in a less distorted manner.

"The white light which emanates and forms the articulated sub-Logos has its beginning in what may be metaphysically seen as darkness. The light comes into that darkness and transfigures it, causing the chaos to organize and become reflective or radiant. Thus the dimensions come into being."

Love/light represents possibility (the design..time/space). Light/love is the free choosing among infinite possibility coming into manifestation (space/time).

"We have just described to you the state of beingness of each Logos. The process by which space/time comes into continuum form is a function of the careful building, shall we say, of an entire or whole plan of vibratory rates, densities, and potentials. When this plan has coalesced in the thought complexes of Love, then the physical manifestations begin to appear; this first manifestation stage being awareness or consciousness.

At the point at which this coalescence is at the livingness or beingness point, the point or fountainhead of beginning, space/time then begins to unroll its scroll of livingness."

RE: First-ranking lessons - βαθμιαίος - 03-24-2014

Why is the idea that the light lies within unity a fundamental teaching? It's a really interesting question. Worth meditating on.

I agree with xise that it suggests that the idea of us being dancing thoughts is fundamental.

I also think that it suggests that any doctrine that states that the created world is separate from the Creator's unity is not one Ra would agree with.

This may seem obvious, but maybe that's why it's fundamental: the creation (light) lies within the unity.

RE: First-ranking lessons - native - 03-24-2014

Good points. It's why Ra always suggested that in all circumstances we should attempt to see the Creator..to try and see yourself.

(03-24-2014, 12:59 AM)Fang Wrote: Yeah the first session was conscious or at least non trance with an unidentified third party and without Jim. Hence the "dancing thoughts" stuff lol
Well it's an obvious carry-over from the Latwii/Hatonn channelings where the subjective nature of how reality is formed is emphasized. Personal notions and lessons are seminal to the production of conscious-channeling material. Carla channeling Latwii:
"I am Latwii, and again I am with you and thank you for your patience in attending my foolish words.

Please forgive me if I seem more full of humor than our brothers of Hatonn but, indeed, our group has its own personality and is not, perhaps, as dignified as the ones known as Hatonn. Yet we assure you, my brothers, that we are as loving and as caring. And although we laugh because you think of us as one thing or another, because you think it might be important whether we fly in silver UFOs or golden UFOs or red ones or white ones—yet, still, we are your brothers.

The truth is, my friends, we can be what you wish us to be. We are from a dimension in which that which we think becomes what we are. Ask us to be in a silver UFO, so shall it be. We live in a universe of light. All things dance in humor and in joy, for such is the truth of love.

At this time we follow the practice of the brothers and sisters of Hatonn and open the meeting to questions. If you have a question, please ask it now, for it would be our pleasure to attempt to share our thoughts with you."

RE: First-ranking lessons - Confused - 03-24-2014

(03-23-2014, 01:24 PM)Ankh Wrote: So, what sort of light did Ra mean in this piece, and why is this light so fundamental to learn/understand? Why is this a central thought, or a first-ranking lesson?

May be the following quote is of some help --

Quote:27.17 Questioner: Now, this— then light which forms the densities has what we call color, and this color is divided into seven categories of color. Can you tell me, is there is a reason or an explanation for these categories of color? Can you tell me something about that?

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the last complete question of this session as this instrument is low on vital energy. We will answer briefly and then you may question further in consequent sessions.

The nature of the vibratory patterns of your universe is dependent upon the configurations placed upon the original material or light by the focus or Love using Its intelligent energy to create a certain pattern of illusions or densities in order to satisfy Its own intelligent estimate of a method of knowing Itself. Thus the colors, as you call them, are as strait, or narrow, or necessary as is possible to express, given the will of Love.

There is further information which we shall be happy to share by answering your questions. However, we do not wish to deplete this instrument. Is there a short query necessary before we leave?

RE: First-ranking lessons - Fastidious Emanations - 03-24-2014

I didn't read the posts, and I'm sure this has been seen here a million times, but here goes..
Quote:Ra: I am Ra. The heart of the discipline of the personality is threefold. One, know yourself. Two, accept yourself. Three, become the Creator.

on the road again. Farewell.

RE: First-ranking lessons - sunnysideup - 03-24-2014

I'm not quite sure, but maybe this Q’uo quote can offer some clarity.

Quote:We encourage each to loosen and free this concept of truth from any rigid 
limitations, for the seeker on this journey towards truth walks with much aid. Each 
seeker has cooperation and support from the world which is unseen. There are 
guides and essences which live in order to serve the seeker and to further that 
seeker’s search, so that instead of there being the truth here and then the truth 
further on, lesson one and lesson two, rather there is a process whereby each 
step the pilgrim takes has a point of balance which is graceful and skillful. The 
seeker then simply attempts to sense where that beam lies, how that ray falls, 
that ray of light unseen, for it lies directly down the middle of the spiritual path

1Love

RE: First-ranking lessons - Unbound - 03-25-2014

Unity - One

Love - Two

Light - Three

Unity is the nature of what is, Love is the order/chaos of what is through focus, Light is form inherent in the order/chaos and is therefore the underlying foundation which allows the experience of love to be experienced by unity, its own nature experienced by itself. It is fundamental in the same way a foundation is required before you will build the house.

IMO. <3

RE: First-ranking lessons - zenmaster - 03-25-2014

(03-24-2014, 04:28 AM)Ankh Wrote:
(03-24-2014, 01:18 AM)zenmaster Wrote: Because that "light" is none other than consciousness of yourself, which is the creation or unique expression of yourself (our just "self"). Learning to love without a significant distortion refers to a level of consciousness which is able to work with and to express a certain amount of light which balances out to that provided by the next density. That light is a unique representation of intelligent infinity (which is also indicated as the overall balance in violet ray). Ra and Don provided an informative set of archetypal relationships which show how that same light, as consciousness, may be intelligently guided.

Do you equal this "light" with consciousness? If so, I don't know about that. In the area of the creation, the first step was that infinity became aware or conscious. Then the three primal distortions came. This awareness or consciousness is not said to be a distortion. So, I am leaning more towards the understanding that the "light" which Ra speak of in the above discussed piece is the light which is the third distortion. You also said: "Learning to love without a significant distortion refers to a level of consciousness which is able to work with and to express a certain amount of light..." Which I understand that there is some sort of light which an entity works with.

In regards to light/love or love/light - Ra said that in unity lies love, and then they said that in unity lies light. If it would be one and the same, maybe they would have said that in unity lies love/light, light/love... But I don't know. I am confused. I should drop this, but when Ra says "this is a fundamental teaching" and I don't understand what this teaching is about, I get frustrated, and also confused.

Anyways, what I also noticed is that Ra says that unity and love are great learn/teachings, while light is a fundamental teaching. Just teaching, not learning. Has this any significance? I don't understand this either.

What I believe (for now!) is that the "light" which Ra meant in that piece is the light which is the building block of all matter:

"The concept of light is instrumental in grasping this great leap of thought as this vibrational distortion of infinity is the building block of that which is known as matter, the light being intelligent and full of energy, thus being the first distortion of intelligent infinity which was called by the creative principle."

But as xise mentioned, we are not part of the material universe. And so, Ra says that this light is intelligent and full of energy. Since there is only one energy, the intelligent energy, it contains it, but also the intelligent infinity itself, as mentioned here:

"...the intelligent infinity present in each particle of light or distorted light..."

Maybe that is why grasping this concept of light is so important? They also say this:

"The seeker seeks the One. This One is to be sought, as we have said, by the balanced and self-accepting self, aware both of its apparent distortions and its total perfection. Resting in this balanced awareness, the entity then opens the self to the universe which it is. The light energy of all things may then be attracted by this intense seeking, and wherever the inner seeking meets the attracted cosmic prana, realization of the One takes place."

I also like this, where the light is likened to water:

"Questioner: Why is the spiraling light focused by something as open and simple as four wooden rods joined at an apex angle?

Ra: I am Ra. If you pictured light in the metaphysical sense, as water, and the pyramid shape as a funnel, this concept might become self-evident."

But again, is understanding this "light" so fundamental and important? People who have had these realizations of the One, where the light energy of all things meet the inner seeking, or light, do they all have had this conscious understanding of this light?

With all this being said, there is still something that I don't understand unfortunately...

Thank you all for answering, and keep writing your thoughts if you have any! Maybe I'll get it too some day. :p
With consciousness being analogous to light, I'm referring to the "recapitalization in reverse" state of seeking which is not a complete state of self realization. In that "becoming" relationship, the logos is what enables consciousness, just as "love creates light." Outside of unity, we have the distortion of an ongoing creation with evolution. Full consciousness is the self realization of the octave and can be equated to the octave in infinity.

What is being created outside of time that hasn't already been created? Yet "love creates light". What of self is not actualized (outside of unity)? The unconscious. Light has always symbolized consciousness.