Bring4th
what music are you listening to now - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: what music are you listening to now (/showthread.php?tid=8236)

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 03-19-2020

[Image: B8ipwla.png]
[Image: 9Gf5axv.jpg?1]

RE: what music are you listening to now - Black Dragon - 03-19-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 03-20-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - Luigi - 03-21-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - flofrog - 03-21-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - sillypumpkins - 03-21-2020

i found this very intense and beautiful song the other day. it's called dambala and it's by a caribbean band called exuma. it came out in 1971. the singing is powerful but i also appreciate the high frequencies of the shakers (?) and the low low pounding drum. i cant really tell what's being sung about on the surface but in my heart i do

RE: what music are you listening to now - Black Dragon - 03-21-2020

(03-21-2020, 07:58 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: i found this very intense and beautiful song the other day. it's called dambala and it's by a caribbean band called exuma. it came out in 1971. the singing is powerful but i also appreciate the high frequencies of the shakers (?) and the low low pounding drum. i cant really tell what's being sung about on the surface but in my heart i do

"You won't go to heaven, you won't go to hell...you'll remain in your place,with the stench and the smell", I believe they say at one point. Reminds me of a bit from a metal song I listened to recently. "there's no place for me in heaven, nor my place in hell. sentenced to walk here forever, this will be my final place to dwell." Similar concepts. They could be and probably are referencing the sinkhole of indifference, but could also be mentioning what you'd call the "Bodhisattvas", or the ones from earlier earth cycles who technically made 4d but won't go until the last human ascends. I think the song you posted is more about certain souls staying earthbound until they clear their karma though, from the "slavers" part.

RE: what music are you listening to now - sillypumpkins - 03-22-2020

i like your interpretation black Smile

RE: what music are you listening to now - Asolsutsesvyl - 03-22-2020

A seamless remix of all music tracks in the game Phantasy Star II, as 80's-ish as the original.

Phantasy Star II takes place in a futuristic civilization which seems, on the surface, to be utopic. All is directed by a supercomputer called "Mother Brain". A government agent named Rolf becomes an enemy of the system when he tries to correct errors and save people. A planet, home to the thinkers and the center of culture, is blown up and reduced to an asteroid belt. Rolf goes on a quest to literally take down the system, eventually facing an otherwordly demon, and alien conquerors who secretly built and run the whole civilization. Described in more detail in this thread.

RE: what music are you listening to now - Black Dragon - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 05:30 PM)Asolsutsesvyl Wrote: A seamless remix of all music tracks in the game Phantasy Star II, as 80's-ish as the original.

Phantasy Star II takes place in a futuristic civilization which seems, on the surface, to be utopic. All is directed by a supercomputer called "Mother Brain". A government agent named Rolf becomes an enemy of the system when he tries to correct errors and save people. A planet, home to the thinkers and the center of culture, is blown up and reduced to an asteroid belt. Rolf goes on a quest to literally take down the system, eventually facing an otherwordly demon, and alien conquerors who secretly built and run the whole civilization. Described in more detail in this thread.

The storyline you are talking about resonates with me. I think there's some truth to it in relation to Maldek. I was never familiar with the early games, but the one you posted came out in the year I was born. A friend of mine played the Phantasy Star GameCube games in high school. We are sort of at a standstill waiting for them to bring online 2 to the US(they said it was due this year...). I'm not much of a gamer any more, but this particular game would have given me something to do to connect to my friends and their busy work-a-day lives, so a bit of a bummer.

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 03-22-2020

Killin' It With Gracie & Clyde & Tal & Jeff - Dekalb_Blues - 03-24-2020

[Image: a95.png]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_(band)
http://lawrencetheband.com/

Rolling Stone: You were playing with Jeff Beck as a teenager. Were you nervous at first?
Tal Wilkenfield: Fear wasn’t something that showed up often for me. The fear that I experience 
is the fear of potentially not doing something. I don’t want to be on my death bed with regrets, or 
what ifs, or I should haves. I want to pass away knowing that I just went for it, and did what I was 
passionate about doing, and my priorities were in the right places. So, I suppose that that’s where 
my fear kicks in.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/evolution-of-tal-wilkenfeld-836975/

Played at Davos, for Christ's sake.
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/a22561513/modern-swan-2018-gracie-lawrence/

[Image: a63.jpg]

[Image: pepe-teamwork.jpg] Gung ho!

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 03-25-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 03-26-2020

(NOW IN 3-D) - Dekalb_Blues - 03-27-2020

[Image: t1cdr6mg2hr01.jpg]

AESTHETIC DISCERNMENT TEST: one of the following is not a King Gizzard music vid. 
Can you tell which one it is??

(Which reminds me -- a belated "Happy Birthday!" to Dick Cheney, who first
graced us with his presence 30 Jan. '41)

[Image: 5555cec4d345dfe25bc05b395ce3bdc4.jpg]

[Image: f960a684f62b05f74d0efa47d1dd8a7a--surrea...rtwork.jpg]

[Image: 94c02d903cc415da40330f382cba1928--space-...monaut.jpg]

[Image: 35d6727d4955752568a8ec4a6dda3837.jpg]

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 03-31-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - ada - 03-31-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 04-01-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - Luigi - 04-01-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 04-01-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 04-02-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - Luigi - 04-03-2020

RE: what music are you listening to now - Luigi - 04-04-2020