Bring4th
what music are you listening to now - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: what music are you listening to now (/showthread.php?tid=8236)

RE: what music are you listening to now - Nía - 04-30-2017

RE: what music are you listening to now - Nía - 04-30-2017

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 04-30-2017

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 04-30-2017

RE: what music are you listening to now - Nía - 05-01-2017

RE: what music are you listening to now - Nía - 05-01-2017

Aaron Wrote:To bear with unbearable sorrows, to go where the brave dare not go, to be willing to give when there’s no more to give, to be willing to die so that honor and justice may live. And I know if I’ll only be true to this glorious quest that my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I’m laid to my rest.

RE: what music are you listening to now - Nía - 05-02-2017

RE: Brighter Than A Thousand Rising Suns In Cherry-Blossom Time - Dekalb_Blues - 05-03-2017

Brighter Than A Thousand Rising Suns 
In Cherry-Blossom Time

[Image: 3e9c96dd7eb3cf644b558ac5ad0def3f.jpg]

Mono no aware: the Pathos of Things

The meaning of the phrase mono no aware is complex and has changed over time, but it basically refers to a “pathos” (aware) of “things” (mono), deriving from their transience. In the classic anthology of Japanese poetry from the eighth century, the Manyōshū, the feeling of aware is typically triggered by the plaintive calls of birds or other animals. It also plays a major role in the world's first novel, Murasaki Shikibu's Genji monogatari (The Tale of Genji), from the early eleventh century. The somewhat later Heike monogatari (The Tale of the Heike Clan) begins with these famous lines, which clearly show impermanence as the basis for the feeling of mono no aware:
Quote:The sound of the Gion shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sōla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.
And here is Kenkō on the link between impermanence and beauty: “If man were never to fade away like the dews of Adashino, never to vanish like the smoke over Toribeyama, how things would lose their power to move us! The most precious thing in life is its uncertainty”. The acceptance and celebration of impermanence goes beyond all morbidity, and enables full enjoyment of life:
Quote:How is it possible for men not to rejoice each day over the pleasure of being alive? Foolish men, forgetting this pleasure, laboriously seek others; forgetting the wealth they possess, they risk their lives in their greed for new wealth. But their desires are never satisfied. While they live they do not rejoice in life, but, when faced with death, they fear it—what could be more illogical?
Insofar as we don't rejoice in life we fail to appreciate the pathos of the things with which we share our lives. For most of us, some of these things, impermanent as they are, will outlast us—and especially if they have been loved they will become sad things: “It is sad to think that a man's familiar possessions, indifferent to his death, should remain long after he is gone” . . . .
The most frequently cited example of mono no aware in contemporary Japan is the traditional love of cherry blossoms, as manifested by the huge crowds of people that go out every year to view (and picnic under) the cherry trees. The blossoms of the Japanese cherry trees are intrinsically no more beautiful than those of, say, the pear or the apple tree: they are more highly valued because of their transience, since they usually begin to fall within a week of their first appearing. It is precisely the evanescence of their beauty that evokes the wistful feeling of mono no aware in the viewer. https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/japanese-aesthetics/

The power of positive thinking at work! Tune-in to your preferred alternate-reality version of life's sweet melody:
SOD -- "Let's Get Fight!"

Keiko, 私はあなたがトマトについての詩のようにあなたを愛しています-- It's all genki!   Cool

[Image: atsugilogo350.jpg]

[Image: 960.jpg]

[Image: aten.gif]

RE: what music are you listening to now - Nicholas - 05-06-2017

A song about love and light.

Not the kind of Disco that Trump would dance to.

The Disco hit of the 90's

A song about trauma and healing.

RE: what music are you listening to now - Nicholas - 05-07-2017

Taming the inner wolf.

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 05-08-2017

RE: what music are you listening to now - Glow - 05-09-2017

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 05-09-2017

This show just keeps getting better and better. So much soul, flavor, creativity, and solid music - and they included Afrika Bamabaataa and the Zulu Nation in Part II !  Cool

Ra-Ra: Any chance you seen Star Wars?
Afrika Bambaataa: No, but I heard it was good.
Ra-Ra: Well, in the movie, there's a band of ancient warriors called Jedi. There's this thing called the Force-
Afrika Bambaataa: You mean the unstoppable flowing energy field of truth? Carrying all human and extraterrestrial kind to their one true destiny, which is unity. That Force?
Ra-Ra: Unity. Yes.

RE: what music are you listening to now - sunnysideup - 05-09-2017

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 05-11-2017

RE: DIGGING IN THE NAME OF - Dekalb_Blues - 05-14-2017

DIGGING IN THE NAME OF...
or, F**K YOU I WON'T DIG WHAT YOU TELL ME!

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nnakhnQ6tE1u3xnzto1_500.gif]

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=10465&pid=227591#pid227591

RE: what music are you listening to now - Nicholas - 05-14-2017

^^^  Heart

RE: what music are you listening to now - Eddie - 05-14-2017

[Image: 41aKthcHpDL._SY355_.jpg]

Doesn't get much better than this.

RE: what music are you listening to now - Diana - 05-15-2017

RE: what music are you listening to now - Nicholas - 05-19-2017

RE: what music are you listening to now - anagogy - 05-19-2017

I was recently marveling over the crazy beliefs of other religions and started thinking about Mormonism and how I thought a lot of the beliefs were crazy.

In usual karmic fashion I realized, with absurd clarity, that their beliefs weren't that much stranger or different than our own. You can take any religion and pick it apart of course but really, the core tenets of their religion are very similar to what we believe: for example, they believe that if you become spiritually pure enough you eventually become a creator god who goes on to create planets and civilizations. They also believe that "Kolob" is the star nearest to God. I thought about how we might view the "great central sun" and its relationship to the Logos. These are just a few minor examples, but more and more I'm seeing similarities among different beliefs rather than differences.

Anyway, I think this is a really beautiful hymn created by Mormons.

The lyrics are hard to pick up in this version and occur quite late in the song but I think they are also quite beautiful, perhaps you can see why:

"1. If you could hie to Kolob In the twinkling of an eye,
And then continue onward With that same speed to fly,
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?

2. Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”

3. The works of God continue, And worlds and lives abound;
Improvement and progression Have one eternal round.
There is no end to matter; There is no end to space;
There is no end to spirit; There is no end to race.

4. There is no end to virtue; There is no end to might;
There is no end to wisdom; There is no end to light.
There is no end to union; There is no end to youth;
There is no end to priesthood; There is no end to truth.

5. There is no end to glory; There is no end to love;
There is no end to being; There is no death above.
There is no end to glory; There is no end to love;
There is no end to being; There is no death above."

RE: what music are you listening to now - Aion - 05-20-2017

I'm just replaying some old angst songs.

RE: what music are you listening to now - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 05-22-2017

Quote:Oh who is she ?
A misty memory
A haunting face
Is she a lost embrace ?

Am I in love with just a theme ?
Or is Ayesha just a dream ?
A mystery
Oh who is she ?

Oh who is she ?
A misty memory
A haunting face