Bring4th
what music are you listening to now - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: what music are you listening to now (/showthread.php?tid=8236)

Friday Afternoon In The Universe - Dekalb_Blues - 12-10-2021

Friday Afternoon In The Universe

[Image: a6d946f5-b7da-4dc8-bf8a-3f6e030908e0.jpg.webp]

Channelled material excerpted from the mysterious "Lost Sessions":

??.? Questioner: A young acquaintance of ours has asked us to ask you this question, which frankly we don't understand. It is, "What’s the difference between a stoner and the Sun?"

Not Ra: I ain't Ra. Presumably your young seeker of the truth is querying about the third-density aspects of both entities. It would not infringe upon your free will for us to simply point out that from within the temporal limitations imposed upon your perception by your current shared distortion only one of the two entities mentioned is already burnt-out.

Questioner: [questioner.exe has stopped working]

??.? Questioner: Can you help us with the answer to this ancient conundrum that is inscribed on a clay tablet recently found by archeologists in a secret chamber under the Sphinx? It seems to deal with a dialogue between two masons, perhaps? Or maybe the artisans who carved hieroglyphs and sculpted bas-relief figures in stone? It translates as: "Two stoners are talking about religion, and the first one says, 'Dude. Did you know that like, uh, God -- has a name?' The other stoner says, 'Really, dude? No way!' The first one replies..." But the rest of the tablet is broken-off right at that point. Can you tell us--

Not Ra: I ain't Ra. The first one's reply? Sure can.

Questioner: (after waiting a minute) O.K., will you tell us?

Not Ra: I ain't Ra. Indications point to yes, for there is the highest probability of us relating the sought-after answer to your query. Indeed its probability is high enough to be congruent for all practical statistical purposes with what you would term certainty.

Questioner: (after waiting two minutes) Oh, for [expletive deleted]'s sake! (one-minute pause to get hyperventilation under control) Alright. Fine. O.K. then, please tell us the answer now. Pretty please. With [expletive deleted] sugar on top.

Not Ra: I ain't Ra. Right. The first one replies... "Yahweh!" 

Questioner: (unintelligible strangled noises)

Not Ra: I ain't Ra. Indeed this risible verbal distortion merits the due pondering-upon in proper contemplation for full comprehension of its many and varying deeply archetypal metaphysical facets of meaning which in aggregate shine majestically in the darkness as does a shaft of sunlit gold, like a stream of bat's--

[End of recording due to tape machine being thrown through window]

MOAR CATALYTIC MUZIK - Dekalb_Blues - 12-11-2021

MOAR CATALYTIC MUZIK

[Image: 6I63oIVngBTr2PSMGY26IC4nu5JYV4_osrFNFRuG...81bb9a82a0] The actual demonic imp responsible for all satanic subliminal backmasking in rock 'n' roll -- CAUGHT AT LAST!!!

[Image: 1516437716_545_lenny-face.jpg] *

[Image: 321.jpg]

NOKAY!
[Image: 6b2.jpg]

TOO LATE -- IT'S GENETIC!
[Image: 136.gif]

UNSEEN FORCES

I cure my pain with suffering,
   & make my work easier with patience.
I am a moth burned in the candle of eternity,
   Serving the royal candle of the king.

I invite love into my burned heart,
   Having but one heart to sacrifice for love.
If the love itself is like a cat that meows, 
   I know how to lure that cat into a sack.

Whoever is sadly shaking his head,
   I pull him into the circle & make him whirl.
Since sadness comes from not having loves,
   I make his soul fall in love with itself.

What is love? Absolute thirst.
I try to speak about the fountain of life.
Since I cannot find the words, I remain silent.
Whatever I cannot put into words, I do.

--- Rumi

(=ↀᆽↀ=)

RE: what music are you listening to now - Louisabell - 12-13-2021

RE: what music are you listening to now - Dekalb_Blues - 12-19-2021

Golden Oldies Played On Golden Even-More-Oldiers

Order now in time for Christmas!

Sold! to L. Juber

Loot your kid's piggybank and take the trolley to Philly to twang away on similarly-ancient objets d'art et virtu

A relatively young whippersnapper (one of them newfangled e-lectrical jobs) up for grabs at Sixty Sixty Sounds, Denmark St., London -- plenty of time left to put it under your Christmas tree:

Except it's quite probably a high-end fake. Better stop by Neil's in L.A. and snap up this bonafide voodoo-child as a stocking-stuffer

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 12-19-2021

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 12-25-2021

https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/ro1gqb/pure_sugar_glider_bliss/

X-mas-Rated Music - Dekalb_Blues - 12-26-2021

X-mas-rated Music

[Image: bright-christmas-star-above-the-clouds-t...ZoEsNOee8=]

[Image: Star-of-Bethlehem.jpg]

[Image: space_age_100.jpg?fit=1250%2C1250&ssl=1]

[Image: December1951.jpg]

[Image: XKWPB7HYXNEGFMKVH4Z46DT3TE.jpg]

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 12-26-2021

RE: what music are you listening to now - ada - 12-27-2021

Flat Eric's Picks - Dekalb_Blues - 12-27-2021

[Image: fill-1440x810] Nothing!

Flat Eric Theory of Music-Biz Financial Mechanics

Sordid backstory in a nutshell: the old, old story of a trusting, innocent youth, unwittingly led down the primrose path by low companions!

[Image: biglebowski-baby.gif] ಠ_ಠ

[Image: header_metaverse.gif]

[Image: header-nocookies-uai-1440x617.png]

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ndzsmt0j38yilma74b...y.gif&ct=g]

Nigerian-born British singer Helen Folasade Adu's stage name is a short form of her Yoruba given name, "Folasade," the meaning of which is "honor bestows a crown".

Oh, what a life! Cheers!

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 01-02-2022

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 01-04-2022

this song is odd. it's very unique. i like it but don't fully like it at the same time lol

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 01-04-2022

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 01-05-2022

BETTER TONIGHT... or what? - Dekalb_Blues - 01-06-2022

BETTER TONIGHT...
... vs. AWARE I AM OF WHAT YOU'VE BEEN

[Image: the_spice_must_flow_2_0_by_dune_cat_d46k...ih6P4RSrfI]

Naughty or nice? Or what?!

Me at table: Hey, where'd Margaret go?

Interesting technical fact: No special effects were used -- Christopher Walken can actually fly

“Walk without rhythm; you won’t attract the worm.”

(Worm. Also, moar worm.)

"The Dune saga began [ca. 1965 in our world, with the publishing of Frank Herbert's novel] with the culmination of a fight between two Great Houses of humanity some 20,000 years in the future. The main protagonist, Paul Atreides, undertakes a hero’s journey amid the political intrigue that sees the destruction of his House and the emergence of a new balance of power in the universe. Paul’s journey is compelling, enhanced by rich mythology and universe building.

"At the heart of the story is Dune, formally known as Arrakis, a planet of sand and the only source of the transformative spice Melange. Melange is a drug that has corrupted, elevated, and split humanity over thousands of years. It has enabled interstellar travel, unlocked prescience, and helped humanity internalize computer functions. That’s just the beginning. It’s in this future of technological progress, superstitious tradition, feudal rule, and prophecy that Paul realizes his destiny."

The series now comprises 21 novels, including many sequels and prequels written by others after Herbert's death. As well, the Dune franchise is right up there with Star Wars in rolling out film treatments & countless assorted merchandise.

A wholesome aspect of Herbert's influence on modernity is his presentation of classical Sufi ideas via traditional sayings attributed to various sages (and a Christ-like figure) in the Dune-world's galactic culture.

Meanwhile, many moons ago on our planet (itself in the last stages of contention between its ruling "spice"-dependent Houses for control of their long-sought-after Imperium), inquiring minds gathered in ritual sacred dance in a land known for its unbiased neutrality to address the archetypal 3rd-Density issue of how best to deal with the everyday manifestation of the metaphysical essence of free-will's open-ended potentialities:

Meglio stasera, che domani o mai --
Domani chi lo sa, quel che sarà?

[Better tonight, than tomorrow or never --
Tomorrow who knows what will be?]

Meglio stasera, che d

And if you should bet on the wrong horse, tant pis, don't writhe in regret and remorse in some never-ending, cruel regime of self-imposed puritanical penitence -- just...

The ordinary man repents his sins:
the elect repent of their heedlessness.
(Dhu’l-Nun Misri)

[Image: 7ed.gif]

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 01-07-2022

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 01-09-2022

RE: what music are you listening to now - aWanderer91 - 01-10-2022

Without the cool animations that you guys provide Wink

https://youtu.be/zASJBw0R0gM

RE: what music are you listening to now - Diana - 01-14-2022

Thought I'd share some unmitigated joy. The great David Byrne and his band, The Talking Heads. Some comments below this video and I concur:

'It literally fills me with happiness to see musicians enjoy their music this much'

'You can't fake talent, energy, love of the art, giving it all on stage and having the time of your life all while performing live. Amazing'

'Why does this look like the most fun it is possible to have'

RE: what music are you listening to now - Brandon Gwinn - 01-14-2022

I just found a group called The Intangible. Been listening to their Celestials album. I gotta say, it's absolutely amazing. The music just takes me away to such a beautiful, mystical place. Highly recommended.

RE: what music are you listening to now - sillypumpkins - 01-15-2022

I need to be myself
I can't be no one else
I'm feeling supersonic
Give me gin and tonic
You can have it all but
Why would you want it?

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 01-17-2022

https://indigoaura.bandcamp.com/album/deep-dreams

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 01-22-2022

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 01-23-2022

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 01-25-2022

(01-14-2022, 08:23 PM)Brandon Gwinn Wrote: I just found a group called The Intangible. Been listening to their Celestials album. I gotta say, it's absolutely amazing. The music just takes me away to such a beautiful, mystical place. Highly recommended.

i checked it out and i love this song! thanks for the recommendation

RE: what music are you listening to now - Jamesawis - 01-26-2022

I listen to all kinds of music, my taste is very complex, I'd say. I'd jump from pop to rock, then to classical, and then to rap. I like to alternate songs, so I never get bored. Also, I listen to music depending on how mental state. If I go to the gym, for example, I'll make sure to listen to some motivational, energy songs. I even listen to The Rock's song. That stuff gets you out of your bad and makes you want to get your life together. The song works especially when it comes to the gym part, haha. Anyway, I listen to my music online concert platform, and I even created a playlist there.

RE: what music are you listening to now - Spaced - 01-31-2022

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 02-01-2022

RE: what music are you listening to now - schubert - 02-03-2022

RE: what music are you listening to now - Cyanatta - 02-06-2022