Bring4th
2009-09-26 - Homecoming, Contacting Self, Checking chakras, Balancing emotions, Catalysts - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: L/L Research's Law of One Podcast (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: "In the Now" BlogTalkRadio Show Archive (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: 2009-09-26 - Homecoming, Contacting Self, Checking chakras, Balancing emotions, Catalysts (/showthread.php?tid=488)

2009-09-26 - Homecoming, Contacting Self, Checking chakras, Balancing emotions, Catalysts - Bring4th_Steve - 09-27-2009

14:07:48 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Ok, everyone. We are going to start the chat in a moment. Please remember to ask your questions in the "Ask Carla Here" Tab, and then Carla will answer in the order your question is asked.

14:10:32 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Eddie asks: Carla--I had an idea the other day. Next homecoming, why don't we have a party for our Guardian Angels?

14:10:49 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Hey Eddie - typing on that -

14:11:17 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Eddie, that's such a good idea! Now let's see - for refreshments we'd need some manna and ambrosia...LOL!

14:12:20 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I had a special session the other day for a person who wanted to find a sure-fire way to talk with his guardian angel/guidance/higher self. Synchronicity strikes again! [heart icon]/[light bulb icon]

14:12:44 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Steve, is there another question?

14:12:49 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Yes,

14:13:22 ‹Bring4th_Steve› What came out of that session, Carla? Are there any new techniques for ensuring we can reach our Higher Selves and not a rogue entity looking to play?

14:13:37 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Steve, typing on that -

14:13:59 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› What came out of that was a discussion of the journaling method of conversing with one's guidance. More

14:14:59 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Q'uo suggested that the seeker set his intention to converse with his guidance, then meditate and tune to this intention before turning to his computer, or to his pad of paper and writing instrument, and greeting the guidance system before asking his first question of it. More

14:15:38 ‹Eddie› Everyone has guardian angels, but most people never think to thank them...especially in a formal setting.

14:16:09 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Then the first thought that comes into his mind after that, he would type or write that thought out. When that thought is exhausted, the seeker would then ask for the next question he wants answered. Then he would write or type exactly what he received, without analyzing it or judging it. More

14:16:36 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› This process would go on until the conversation had satisfied the seeker. More

14:17:31 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Q'uo also noted that there was no way that they could give a guaranteed method for absolutely getting guidance and nothing else. This is due to the free-will nature of spiritual seeking. Nothing spiritual can be proven, or the game would not be worth playing! More

14:18:11 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I suspect this aspect of their answer really frustrated the seeker who was talking with Q'uo! But that is the way that it is. More

14:19:01 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Q'uo suggested that while objective proof was not going to be forthcoming, if he persevered with the conversations, he would build up a subjective surety because of the increasing number of synchronicities. [heart icon]/[light bulb icon]

14:20:00 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› And Eddie, you are right in that most people are not actively conversing with their guidance system - and yet everyone knows the spiritual truth of "Ask and ye shall receive!"

14:20:35 ‹Eddie› All gratitude that we express returns to us many fold, in the form of blessings.

14:20:43 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I talk with my guidance, the Holy Spirit in my case, since I am a mystical Christian, every morning. She always gives me a Word for the day. It is very reassuring! [heart icon]/[light bulb icon]

14:21:36 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Yes, Eddie, anything we put out there comes around and bites us in the derriere! How true! LOL! SO it's good to put out love and light! For more than one reason. [heart icon]/[light bulb icon]

14:21:33 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Carla, I have one more question regarding guidance...

14:21:47 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK, Steve, shoot!

14:22:29 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Is it still effective to talk to your Higher Self or Guidance when you are not in a calm emotional state? A lot of times we seek answers when we are in despair or have emotions other than love.

14:22:43 ‹Bring4th_Steve› How does that impact us when we seek to go within and are not of a pure loving nature?

14:22:57 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Steve, typing on that -

14:23:29 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Steve, certainly it would be optimal if we could always come to such questioning of our guidance when tuned to a place of calm serenity and readiness to receive. More

14:23:51 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› That was why I talked of meditating and tuning up to one's intention before opening the conversation. More

14:24:18 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› However, we are not always able to reach that state. Our emotions might be too strong for us to control at a given moment. More

14:24:37 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Even in such cases, I believe it is helpful to ask for guidance. More

14:25:04 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› What I do in emergencies is pray just one word: "Jesus!" More

14:25:29 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› And just saying or writing that one word gives me tremendous strength and a boost into a calmer state of mind. More

14:25:48 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Of course, not everyone can use that word of power. Some people just do not vibe in to Jesus. More

14:25:55 ‹Eddie› The One Infinite Creator is always in a pure, loving state...which means that deep down, below the "Ego", we are too.

14:26:40 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› But there will be some word or person which is the word of comfort for each seeker. So he just needs to find that. And then to use that! Steve, is there a follow-up to that question?

14:27:09 ‹Bring4th_Steve› That's good advice, Carla.. Thank you! We have our next question.

14:27:19 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Will asks: Much love dear Carla! I have a question. Touching back on our chat last week you gave an intriguing description of violet ray energy transfer. However, this and opening the gateway to intelligent infinity (please correct me if these are not the same,) is not the "goal" of 3D STO. Living with an open heart and polarizing STO is the "goal" if you would call it that. Am I correct? (more)

14:27:25 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Right, Eddie - in seeking guidance we are going below the surface emotions and seeking the deep waters of the infinite One.

14:27:32 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Eddie asks: ...And if so, in your opinion what is the function and purpose of the violet ray/gateway/opening the thousand petaled lotus for a 3D entity other than experiencing the Creator/Bliss? Does this experience in any way further us on the path to unity?

14:27:53 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Will, typing on that -

14:28:33 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› You are quite correct in noting that sacred sexuality and opening the gateway to intelligent infinity are not the same. More

14:29:41 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Rather, sacred sexuality is one of the many things that you can set your intention to bring through the gateway to intelligent infinity. Other items on that menu are healing, practicing the repsence of the infinite Creator, finding inspiration to renew oneself or to teach or otherwise serve others, and channeling. More

14:30:25 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Will, you are also correct in saying that it is not necessary, in order to graduate, for us to work with the gateway or the higher chakras in general. More

14:31:16 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› It is only necessary to keep the heart chakra open and offer unconditional love to the Creator, to ourselves and to those around us ("love your neighbor as yourself") More

14:31:43 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Will, you ask if using the gateway furthers us on the path to unity. Yes and no! More

14:32:35 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Yes, in that any work in consciousness polarizes us more and more in service to others, and enables us to have an ever greater capacity to serve the light. More

14:33:02 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› No, in that staying in the present moment and in an opened heart is the heart of the path back to unity. More

14:33:58 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I believe some few people will always be called to do work in consciousness, creating themselves as magical personalities. We have millennia of forefathers and foremothers whose sacred work has kept the space for the most gracious light of the One throughout our history. More

14:34:42 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› They generally work without telling people they are doing so, and keep their work on an occult level. They wish no credit. But they are called to serve. My husband and I are two of such people, honored to hold the light as we can. More

14:35:31 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› If a seeker is not moved to do this work, or healing work, or other outer work of this kind, it is just fine to stay in an open green-ray energy center and hold the love there! Is there a follow-up to this, Will? [heart icon]/[light bulb icon]

14:36:06 ‹Will› yes

14:36:13 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK -

14:36:46 ‹Will› I noticed in a previous chat you listed Autobiography of a Yogi as one of your favorite books on spirituality (more)

14:37:46 ‹Will› I know you don't like to comment too much on other's teachings, but the yoga path in general teaches that this experience which he achieve through kundalini yoga was the goal...and on reaching it a devotee had more or less achieved all there is...can you comment in light of all this? Much thanks!

14:38:02 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Will, typing on that -

14:38:56 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I am aware that realization is the end of seeking in yoga. However the Confederation teachings do not suggest that you reach realization and that's it. More

14:40:31 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Rather, the Confederation suggests that you will be recycling through your theme catalyst all your life. So you're never finished. You stay in balance by doing the work of processing your catalyst as you go, and you can always expect another round of catalyst, almost as if the Creator drops you a "ten minute quiz" from time to time, just to make sure you get it! More

14:41:14 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I think that for those who are Buddhists or follow a yogic path in Hinduism, the belief that there is an end to suffering is tied to nothingness. More

14:41:56 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› What I like about the Confederation's solution is that it leads to ever more fullness, or as Ra would say, a plenum. Do you want to ask further on this, Will?

14:42:34 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› If not, Steve, is there another question?

14:42:45 ‹Will› No. Thank you Carla[heart icon][light bulb icon]

14:43:02 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK-doke, Will! [rose icon]

14:43:53 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Steve, have I mentioned what a blessing it is to have you with us as moderator? Thank you! xxx

14:44:03 ‹Will› I've just been trying to get a better understanding of violet ray and unity and all that...Thanks so much for your feedback!

14:44:43 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Will, it's a blessing to be able to share some thoughts that might be helpful! Keep at it, and keep asking! L/L xxx

14:44:09 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› So Steve, whatcha got?

14:44:26 ‹Bring4th_Steve› ** If anyone has any questions on their mind lately that you would like to ask Carla, please click on the "Ask Carla Here" Tab, and write your question. Carla will answer them in the order they come in. :-)

14:44:50 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Purple Dragon asks: Hi Carla, I would like to ask: How do we go about identifying blockages in certain energy centers?

14:45:10 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Hey PD - typing on that -

14:46:08 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› PD, generally the way we feel tells us if our energy bodies are getting full power through to the heart. If we are open, we feel balanced, serene, joyful, and full of love. More

14:46:39 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› So if we do NOT feel that way, we need to start with red ray - the first chakra or energy center - and do an inventory. More

14:47:28 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Looking at our red ray, we have two questions of ourselves: Number One - am I glad to be here on Earth right now? Number Two: Am I glad to be a sexual being? More

14:48:04 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› If we are in despair, sorrow, agitation or agony of a mental/emotional kind, it is very likely we are blocking the flow of energy from red ray. More

14:48:48 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› If we find that we are glad to be on Earth and are glad to be sexual beings - nothing to do with our actual sex lives, here, just acceptance of our basic human nature - then we go on to orange ray. More

14:49:24 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Do we have an issue with a friend or lover? Do we have an issue with ourselves, like being mad at ourselves because we blew our diet or forgot something? More

14:49:44 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› If we're OK there, but still not feeling full of love, we go on to yellow ray. More

14:50:36 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› The questions there would be: are we having an issue with our birth family? Or our marriage family? Or with our work environment? More

14:51:03 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› In this way we locate the source of the narrowing or blocking of the infinite energy of the Creator through to our heart. More

14:51:34 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› When we have found at least one of the culprits, then we zero in on the situation or relationship which has got us blocked. More

14:51:55 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Often we need to ask for help from guidance in seeing this situation or relationship with new eyes. More

14:52:55 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I am at present just beginning on a whole book about this very question - how to handle the outer aspects of our Lives. It is something that is at the heart of spiritual work. [heart icon]/[light bulb icon]

14:53:36 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Do you have a folllow-up question, Purple Dragon? [heart icon]/[light bulb icon]

14:54:14 ‹Purple Dragon› No, that definitely helps with trying to identify issues, thanks Smile

14:54:21 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Eddie Asks: Carla, may I comment on Purple Dragon's question?

14:54:42 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Terrific, PD! [rose icon] Eddie, shoot!

14:55:21 ‹Eddie› PD, There is a large, and publicly accessible, body of knowledge on this subject. Most internet sites devoted to chakras cover this subject.

14:56:00 ‹Eddie› I had, in 2000, an orange-ray chakra issue that caused me terrible pain (severe sciatica)

14:56:13 ‹Eddie› At the time, I had never heard of chakras....

14:56:18 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Thanks, Eddie - that's true! They have beautiful sites on the chakras.

14:56:34 ‹Eddie› But I know now, that it was a relationship problem that caused it.

14:57:09 ‹Eddie› I don't want to go into details over the internet, but if PD comes to the next homecoming, I will be glad to fill him in on my personal experience.

14:58:03 ‹Purple Dragon› I may try to take you up on that! Thanks for the offer & information Smile

14:58:10 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Eddie, that's a good example of catalyst that was not balanced in the mind and heart, and so it had to act out in the body. A lot of our aches and pains come down to that, I think. And PD, by all means come to our next Homecoming! What a good idea! LOL! [heart icon]/[light bulb icon]

14:58:36 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Man, I gotta learn how to type! LOL Tongue

14:58:55 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› So Steve, is there a question in the pipeline?

14:59:01 ‹Eddie› Dyslexics of the world, untie!

14:59:16 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Eddie, 2 cute!

14:59:10 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Great! Logos has our next question: Can you please break down the balancing exercise in a more easily digestible form? Every time I comb over Ra's response to balancing positive and negative feelings, I feel like I'm not quite getting it.

14:59:35 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Sure, Logos - typing on that -

15:01:00 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Balancing Exercise: Step One: finding a time and place to spend just a bit of quiet time. I choose the mornings. As I write my journal entry (Camelot Journal) for yesterday, I look over what swung me out of balance, either for joy or for woe, on yesterday. More

15:01:27 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› When I come to some catalyst that triggered me away from balance, I look at it. More

15:01:52 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› What other times can I remember being triggered just this way? How far back - how deep - does this issue really go? More

15:02:20 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› When I can locate the initial place that this catalyst bit me and caused me pain, I am way ahead on understanding myself. More

15:02:53 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Then I ask myself to re-experience this catalyst. Say I got very impatient with someone. I encourage myself to feel that again. I even intensify it. More

15:03:50 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› When I am completely awash in that unbalanced emotion, I ask for the dynamic opposite of that emotion. I allow that positive emotion to fill me up. I even intensify it, until I am completely awash in the opposite feeling. More

15:04:36 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› The last step in this process is to hold the two emotions in mind simultaneously, and to see the perfection of the whole. I have now balanced that particular emotion, and sourced it. I am ready for the next. More

15:05:26 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I go through each point in my day where I had unbalanced responses to catalyst. I process them one by one until I am once again feeling completely in the moment and ready to be attentive to it. Then I am good to go! More

15:06:22 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Most people, I think, who do this exercise do it in the late evening, just before bed, or as they are going to sleep. Any time is good. Logos, do you have a follow-up question on the balancing exercises?

15:06:34 ‹Logos924› yes,

15:07:13 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK -

15:07:19 ‹Logos924› So do we still look for the opposite feeling of joy when some situation causes up to be happy?

15:07:34 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Logos, typing on that -

15:08:20 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Yes indeed we do! Spiritually speaking, we do not value one type of catalyst over another. and when something has tipped us over into joy, we need to look at that too. More

15:08:59 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› We are not in any case judging ourselves. We are working to maintain an even keel, so that we can be fully present in this moment. More

15:09:33 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I sometimes go ecstatic on myself during prayer times, starting to repeat over and over again, "I love you, Jesus! I love you, Jesus!" More

15:11:17 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› And that's fine - that's authentic and good. But it sweeps me away. My awareness shrinks to me and Jesus. And I want my awareness to be balanced, aware, attentive to all that is going on around me. So if i do that, when I balance I bring myself back to center by seeing the opposite dynamic to that, which is, "Do it for me, Jesus! I am inadequate!" of course I am inadequate - but so are we all. See what I mean, Logos?

15:12:04 ‹Logos924› ok, I'm starting to get a better picture now.

15:12:37 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK, good! Any follow-up from all that's been said, Logos? This is a very important piece of advice from the Confederation, IMHO.

15:13:08 ‹Logos924› It can be hard to accept when I find myself to have such a naturally joyful disposition.

15:13:33 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Typing on that, Logos -

15:14:29 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Logos, it's fine to have a naturally joyful disposition. If it is your steady state, then there is nothing to balance. it is only when such joy becomes so acute that it sweeps you away that it would be a cause for the need to balance that. More

15:15:47 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I also run a steady state of peace and joy. There is no effort to it, there is no variance to it - it's a gift of my nature. The example I gave was of a time when the joy escalated to being my whole world. That takes me away from service to others in the literal sense of my not being aware of my surroundings or the needs of those around me. See what I mean?

15:16:19 ‹Logos924› Gotcha!! ;->

15:16:40 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK, great, Logos! Thanks so much for that question. Steve, whatcha got?

15:16:59 ‹Eddie› Logos--try driving behind someone who won't drive faster than 40 mph. I commute to work on a narrow, rural road, and about once a week I get all the balancing negative catalyst I can handle! :@

15:17:25 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Carla, our next question is from Lorena.

15:17:40 ‹Logos924› lol I'm usually that person that won't go above the speed limit :>

15:17:54 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Just a small reminder to our group...

15:18:12 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Please keep all group comments in the Roundtable area, and allow Carla the space here to hold a dialogue...

15:18:27 ‹Bring4th_Steve› It just makes it easier to keep track when this chat goes to the archives! :-) Thank you so much...

15:18:45 ‹Bring4th_Steve› (But of course, you may respond to Carla directly after your questions.)

15:18:51 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Lorena has a question about balance: How does one invoke the opposite feeling for balance? How do I invoke patience when I have felt impatience. If I could invoke it at will, I wouldn't have had the impatience that I then need to balance!

15:19:12 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Hey, Lorena, typing on that -

15:19:51 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Lorena, it takes some degree of patience to ALLOW the opposite feeling to come in. You ask for it, and then you wait for it. This exercise is not for wusses! More

15:20:15 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› You think, hey, I absolutely cannot feel patience anywhere in my being. More

15:21:01 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› But you're living by faith, and so you wait. And then, it just starts flooding in, a gift from the spirit. Patience! Ah! You cannot manage this process or control it. You have to wait for the natural process to occur. More

15:21:40 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› And it is as natural as seeing a complementary color when you look away from seeing a bright one. You've had that experience with staring into the sun and looking away. More

15:21:59 ‹Lorena Lucille› Yes, I understand.

15:22:25 ‹Lorena Lucille› Ask and ye shall receive. Works every time.

15:22:45 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Suddenly there's a little sun, a dark one, swimming around in your vision. It is a natural process, in this world of opposites and dynamics, and it takes patience to wait for that opposite dynamic to swim into your view. But it does come! At least it always has to me. Follow-up on that, Lorena?

15:23:10 ‹Lorena Lucille› No, Thank you.

15:23:30 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK, Lorena - [rose icon] - Steve is there another question?

15:25:41 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Yes, we have another question from Rocky:

15:26:00 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK

15:26:06 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Rocky asks: My question had to do with catalyst: Is it needed before any kind of this knowledge can grab hold?

15:26:23 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Typing on that, Rocky -

15:26:40 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› It is not so much that catalyst is needed as that we always have catalyst. More

15:27:07 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› We set up our incarnation, before we came here to this lifetime, with some learning to do and some service to do. More

15:28:22 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› When we awaken to the fact that we are spiritual beings, citizens of eternity and here for a brief time only, naturally we find that we really do want to stay on task while we are here. We want to learn and we want to serve. The catalyst we receive is our principle means of moving from the slow lane to the fast lane in terms of spiritual evolution. More

15:28:48 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› It's not what happens to us - the spiritual value is in how we respond. More

15:29:13 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› We cannot control or order life, as much as we may wish to do that. What we can control is our responses to what happens in life. More

15:29:46 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› The outcome of many years of staying with our catalyst and becoming more aware of how and to what we react is that we become spiritual dancers. More

15:30:32 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› We dance with our catalyst. We become playful within ourselves. We start having fun on a very deep level, because we are aware of the Game of Life and we have become fond of seeing life that way. [heart icon]/[light bulb icon]

15:30:49 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Is there a follow-up question on that, Rocky?

15:31:03 ‹rocky› Thank you so much Carla

15:31:12 ‹rocky› No...thanx

15:31:17 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› My pleasure entirely, Rocky [rose icon]

15:31:37 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Carla, that answer spoke to me in a different context that I needed to hear. Wow, thank you so much from me, too! It's helping me with a huge issue I went through today.

15:31:56 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Hey, that's great, Steve! Woo Hoo!

15:31:37 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK, then, Steve, is there another question?

15:31:44 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Yes.

15:32:01 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Our next question is from Purple Dragon: Is there a Balance to Acceptance, or is Acceptance a balancing in itself? i.e., If something happens that most people would have a strong emotional reaction to, but one just accepts it, do we still need to balance the lack of the emotional response?

15:32:21 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK, PD, typing on that.

15:32:36 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› PD, that is a subtle question, so let me take my time here. More

15:33:03 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› There are a couple of different kinds of acceptance. In one case, it is balanced. In the other, it is not. More

15:33:26 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Looking at a balanced acceptance, a synonym for that would be realization of unity. More

15:33:49 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› That kind of acceptance is joyful and sees the perfect plan behind the catalysts being given. More

15:34:27 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› There is another kind of acceptance which could also be called resignation. Like, "Oh well, that's life." SIGH! That is unbalanced acceptance. More

15:35:12 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› We hope as spiritual seekers not to be resigned to anything, but to persevere until we find authentic joy in being here. More

15:36:30 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Sometimes the universe will actually kick in another round of catalyst to jolt a seeker out of resigned acceptance. Then you once again can choose, not resignation but going ahead and getting mad, yelling at God, whatever you need to do to uncover the emotions that lie behind resignation. More

15:37:05 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› usually, those emotions are very strong, too strong for you to handle all at once, and that is why your mind has chosen resignation - it's safer! More

15:37:31 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› It is scary to uncover your fear and trembling (Kierkegaard's phrase) [Bring4th_Steve notes: Wikipedia Reference on Kierkegaard and expose it to the light. More

15:37:53 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› But that's what is needed. Can you see the difference, PD?

15:39:27 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Balanced acceptance sees that all is well, trusts the perfection of what is happening, and dwells in faith. It is entirely different from resigned acceptance. [heart icon]/[light bulb icon]

15:39:28 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Looks like we may have lost PD at the moment...

15:39:53 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK - she can look the answer up later. Do you have another question in the pipe, Steve?

15:40:14 ‹Bring4th_Steve› No questions at the moment, but I will ask:

15:40:17 ‹Bring4th_Steve› ** Has anyone read anything in the forums that they would like to ask Carla her opinion about? ** Please ask your questions in the "Ask Carla Here" tab, and I'll be more than happy to get your question to her in the order I receive it.

15:41:18 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› While we're waiting for a question, I thought I'd riff on this acceptance thing -

15:42:00 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I was at choir practice yesterday night and Joe S., a fellow choir member came up to me. He asked me how my broken foot was healing - my fourth stress fracture on that foot in the last five years. More

15:42:24 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I told him it was coming along fine. He said, "You have so much pain and suffering, Carla!" More

15:43:06 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› It took me completely by surprise. I do not think of myself that way at all. I do indeed have a body drama going. But that's not where my heart and mind are, except insofar as I take good care of me! More

15:44:36 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› In my little world, I am incredibly fortunate. I feel thankful all the time! Imagine having good work to do every day - the time to do it - with the best people in the world! That's my world, not the pain and suffering of the physical body I love and respect so much!

15:44:40 ‹Purple Dragon› Ah thanks Carla, the two examples are good. I've always felt that everything happens for a reason, like there will always be a positive outcome to any negative situation if we can understand why it happened. Sometimes it can be difficult to see but the light always comes around Smile

15:45:47 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› PD, you are so right. The light does always come around! Thanks [rose icon].

15:44:53 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› So Steve, should I go on talking, or do you have a question now?

15:45:02 ‹Bring4th_Steve› We have a question. :-)

15:45:20 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Carrie asks: What can i do to increase positive polarity?

15:45:30 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Carrie, typing on that!

15:46:43 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› To increase positive polarity, first set your intention, on an incarnational level, to be of the service to others polarity. Then in each and every situation with an ethical choice to be made, look for ways to serve. More

15:47:06 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Ra says, "Look for the love in the moment." I find that a very useful bit of advice. More

15:47:31 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› If you look for the love in the moment, and then cooperate with that love, you will be polarizing positively. More

15:48:07 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› If you look for the love in the moment and can find none - say there's a big argument going on around you - then you know that at this moment YOU are the love which the moment needs. More

15:48:28 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Maybe right now, all you can do is hold the energy of unconditional love in your being. That is your service. More

15:49:00 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› But usually there comes a point at which you can find some words or actions which change everything from dark to light, fear to love, unacceptance to acceptance. More

15:49:54 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› I think of that wonderful moment when Peewee Reese went and put his arm around Jackie Robinson's (do I have that name right?) shoulder, when Robinson was the first black player in the major leagues. More

[Bring4th_Steve edit: Here is the Peewee/Robinson reference: Google cache of great NY Times article ]

15:51:03 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Before that moment, the team was not rallying around the new kid on the block. After that moment, there was team acceptance, and the people in the stands got used to having people of color playing on their teams. One loving gesture - not even a word, just a gesture of total acceptance and brotherhood - changed everything. More

15:51:25 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› So know your own power to hold the love and the light, hold that consciousness of unconditional love. More

15:52:14 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› And the spirit within will use your instrument to sing a song of love to the world. And the world will change. Things far too great for us come through us when we hold that space in our hearts of absolute love. [heart icon]/[light bulb icon]

15:52:44 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Carrie, do you have another question about increasing our positive polarity?

15:52:26 ‹Bring4th_Steve› All, we have about 10 minutes left for today's chat with Carla. Would anyone like to ask any final questions that have been in mind? If so, please post them in the "Ask Carla Here" tab, and Carla will be more than happy to answer.

15:54:15 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› OK, while I am waiting on another question, let me chat about Homecoming at L/L Research. More

15:55:09 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Mick and I started holding these back in the 80's. I guess it started when Don died, because so many people came to wish him well as he entered larger life, and they all expressed the feeling that they were coming home when they came to L/L and our house, which we call Camelot. More

15:55:29 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› So each year around Labor Day weekend, we open the house and have a Homecoming. More

15:55:55 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› For several days, we enjoy each other's presence and we share things about which we are interested, or about which we want to know more. More

15:56:33 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Some years, I have facilitated a particular area of the LOO teachings for study - for two years in a row, for instance, we worked on the energy centers. More

15:56:55 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› The last two years, we have asked those who come to share with the group on the subject that most interests them. More

15:57:13 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› That is wonderful - so many points of view, so many good topics discussed. More

15:57:45 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› But underlying all that is an intangible thing - the energy that occurs when a group of like-minded individuals come together. It is amazing! More

15:58:32 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› People feed off of each other's auras and we all begin to blend into a big lighthouse together. It is an incredible feeling, and I know it serves the planet. More

15:59:06 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› So by all means, come next year, everyone! And we can rejoice together, eat some great food and have a ball!

15:54:33 ‹Bring4th_Steve› Eddie has a comment about Homecoming, by the way...

15:57:10 ‹Eddie› For spiritually oriented people, L/L Research Homecoming is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. It's Woodstock for the Spirit. do come if you can.

15:58:59 ‹Purple Dragon› Is it Friday to Monday?

15:59:52 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› PD, yes, we start on Friday evening. We extended it to Monday, Labor Day, this year, and a lot of people stayed that extra day and had more time together.

16:00:46 ‹Bring4th_CarlaLisbeth› Golly, our time is up. The hourglass is empty so soon! Dear and beloved brothers and sisters of the open heart, thank you all and much love [heart icon]/light[light bulb icon] to you all. L/L xxx - wol