Bring4th
Enneagram Type - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Enneagram Type (/showthread.php?tid=3569)

Pages: 1 2

Enneagram Type - BrownEye - 11-17-2011

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp

Type 5

RE: Enneagram Type - Bring4th_Austin - 11-17-2011

Type Two
The Helper
The caring, interpersonal type. Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others.

I've also been curious about people's Myers Briggs/Jung personality type.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
I have taken the test in 3 different settings at 3 different points in my life and have gotten INFJ all 3 times.

INFJs are conscientious and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear and confident vision, which they then set out to execute, aiming to better the lives of others. Like their INTJ counterparts, INFJs regard problems as opportunities to design and implement creative solutions.[13]
INFJs are quiet, private individuals who prefer to exercise their influence behind the scenes. Although very independent, INFJs are intensely interested in the well-being of others. INFJs prefer one-on-one relationships to large groups. Sensitive and complex, they are adept at understanding complicated issues and driven to resolve differences in a cooperative and creative manner.[2]
INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life, which they may be reluctant to share with those around them. Nevertheless, they are congenial in their interactions, and perceptive of the emotions of others. Generally well-liked by their peers, they may often be considered close friends and confidants by most other types. However, they are guarded in expressing their own feelings, especially to new people, and so tend to establish close relationships slowly. INFJs tend to be easily hurt, though they may not reveal this except to their closest companions. INFJs may "silently withdraw as a way of setting limits", rather than expressing their wounded feelings—a behavior that may leave others confused and upset.[14]
INFJs tend to be sensitive, quiet leaders with a great depth of personality. They are intricately and deeply woven, mysterious, and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even to themselves. They have an orderly view toward the world, but are internally arranged in a complex way that only they can understand. Abstract in communicating, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. With a natural affinity for art, INFJs tend to be creative and easily inspired.[15] Yet they may also do well in the sciences, aided by their intuition.[16]

RE: Enneagram Type - Oceania - 11-17-2011

does your type change?

RE: Enneagram Type - BrownEye - 11-17-2011

I came up INTJ

RE: Enneagram Type - zenmaster - 11-17-2011

Also INTJ.

RE: Enneagram Type - 3DMonkey - 11-17-2011

I am INTP
In the other, I have 7 in type One, 6 in Five, and 6 in Seven
These questionnaires annoy me. For instance, "You know how to put every minute of your time to good purpose". Well, heck, its my time, of course I consider its purpose good no matter what I'm doing.
I see y'all's "jung tests" as being quite accurate.
(11-17-2011, 08:35 PM)Pickle Wrote: I came up INTJ

I must admit, I imagined you in your real life to be the "Promoter"ESTP. I can see how INTJ would fit, though

RE: Enneagram Type - Bring4th_Austin - 11-18-2011

(11-17-2011, 10:52 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: I see y'all's "jung tests" as being quite accurate.

It's almost always spot-on, it seems.

RE: Enneagram Type - BrownEye - 11-18-2011

(11-17-2011, 10:52 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: I must admit, I imagined you in your real life to be the "Promoter"ESTP. I can see how INTJ would fit, though

I took it a second time, slower, and this time read what the results are.

Quote:Introverted iNtuition
INTJs are idea people. Anything is possible; everything is negotiable. Whatever the outer circumstances, INTJs are ever perceiving inner pattern-forms and using real-world materials to operationalize them. Others may see what is and wonder why; INTJs see what might be and say "Why not?!" Paradoxes, antinomies, and other contradictory phenomena aptly express these intuitors' amusement at those whom they feel may be taking a particular view of reality too seriously. INTJs enjoy developing unique solutions to complex problems.
Quote:To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.
Quote:The Mastermind (INTJ) is very focused as well, but more on an internal vision. They are good at solving problems and like to work on tough intellectual puzzles. They are often led into technical positions such as scientific researcher, design engineer, environmental planner. The developing field of genetics benefits from their intensity as does the field of medicine. In education they are most often found at the college and university level. In the professions, they may be a lawyer, a business analyst, or strategic planner. Some have a strong artistic/creative bent and may become an artist, inventor, or designer. Whatever they do, they do it with intensity. Says Kim, "I am constantly teaching myself something new in order to solve the problems that I encounter. My husband leaves me alone when he sees that I am caught in what he calls my "Thinking Time." I'm unwinding knots even in my sleep."

Quote:Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency -- any waste of human and material resources -- they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

RE: Enneagram Type - Ens Entium - 11-18-2011

A good website for the Myers-Briggs types is personalitypage.com it's the most in-depth analysis I've come across.

The further analysis is provided on the personal growth pages. It looks at what the strengths and weaknesses are with respect to the dominant function and in relation to the auxillary. Also, of course, prescriptions for improvement are given.

All really helps with interpersonal relations.

RE: Enneagram Type - 3DMonkey - 11-18-2011

I'm not going to highlight mine, Pickle. You'd die laughing if I did.

RE: Enneagram Type - Ens Entium - 11-18-2011

With the Enneagram:

7 in type 4- the individualist
5 in type 7- the enthusiast

Interestingly, it says I have growth in the direction of a type 1 in type 4 and stress in that direction in type 7. That's curious.

I can see how that can work though- stress as a result of reaching the boundary of my comfort zone but reaching for what's beyond my comfort zone in those aspects provides most opportunity for personal growth. Makes sense.

I also liked the words used integrative and disintergrative (I think).

What's interesting in these typologies is, this is just what I've done and can speak for, that each disposition gives a distinct persperctive on life. It helps I think to share in those perspectives that others naturally accrue to be more understanding and flexible. Speaking of perspectives, breaking it down into fears, desires, motivations, etc is a good way to contextualise them.

Thanks Pickle.

ENTP by the way.

RE: Enneagram Type - 3DMonkey - 11-18-2011

Is nobody else going to take these tests and share their scores. C'mon!! Heart

RE: Enneagram Type - Ruth - 11-18-2011

Enneagram = type 2 helper (7 points) with 6 points in type 7 enthusiast and 5 points each in type 5 investigator and type 9 peacemaker (good one, Pickle - thanks for sharing it!)
Myers Briggs = INFP

seems they're similar.

Fun stuff!

RE: Enneagram Type - haqiqu - 11-18-2011

enneagram: 9

briggs/myers: infj (j was 1%). last time i took the briggs/myers i was infp. don't know what changed.

Heart

RE: Enneagram Type - Ens Entium - 11-19-2011

(11-18-2011, 07:08 PM)haqiqu Wrote: enneagram: 9

briggs/myers: infj (j was 1%). last time i took the briggs/myers i was infp. don't know what changed.

Heart

Not much has changed, you probably just answered one more question for a 'I am organised' type statement rather than 'I am spontaneous/untidy'.

Not sure if this is obvious, but a quick way to interpret the mbti is to look at the last letter first, this will tell you what you extravert with, as in which function (evaluation or perceiving function) operates on the 'outside world' or external things. Judgement preferences mean you either extravert your thinking or feeling - make evaluations based on, primarily, what you think of feel about external things. Then the 'information' gathering function (sensing or intuition) will be introverted- meaning it will operate on internal material. It is vice versa for people with perceiving preferences. The first letter tells you which is dominant. For intj for example, introverted intuition is dominant and extraverted thinking is auxillary. For esfp, extraverted sensing is dominant and introverted feeling auxillary.

I felt to mention this because you are interesting in this respect, haqiqu. Do you entertain possibilities upon possibilites or do you 'synthesise' more?

Lastly, since no one with a sensing preference has come up, I'm beginning to suspect that having an 'intuitive' slant is required to have a mental entry into and interest in things like the LOO, and other esoteric things. 'Intuitive' because under myers briggs intuition is more a function which generates abstractions and connection and possibilties based on more basic perceptions. Rather than a 'feeling-sensing of truth' so to speak.

RE: Enneagram Type - Bring4th_Austin - 11-19-2011

(11-19-2011, 12:38 AM)Ens Entium Wrote: Lastly, since no one with a sensing preference has come up, I'm beginning to suspect that having an 'intuitive' slant is required to have a mental entry into and interest in things like the LOO, and other esoteric things. 'Intuitive' because under myers briggs intuition is more a function which generates abstractions and connection and possibilties based on more basic perceptions. Rather than a 'feeling-sensing of truth' so to speak.

It's interesting that within a lot of online communities, many personality types/traits are common, sometimes with a 100% consistency.

RE: Enneagram Type - Ens Entium - 11-19-2011

(11-19-2011, 12:47 AM)abridgetoofar Wrote:
(11-19-2011, 12:38 AM)Ens Entium Wrote: Lastly, since no one with a sensing preference has come up, I'm beginning to suspect that having an 'intuitive' slant is required to have a mental entry into and interest in things like the LOO, and other esoteric things. 'Intuitive' because under myers briggs intuition is more a function which generates abstractions and connection and possibilties based on more basic perceptions. Rather than a 'feeling-sensing of truth' so to speak.

It's interesting that within a lot of online communities, many personality types/traits are common, sometimes with a 100% consistency.

100% ?? Wow.. Which ones arer these? It makes sense, I think content just mirrors the approach a person has; probably through facilitating the way abilities and preferences are channeled into considering things and reaching conclusions.

RE: Enneagram Type - 3DMonkey - 11-19-2011

(11-19-2011, 12:47 AM)abridgetoofar Wrote:

I only read three. I thought it was funny that those three each said something to the effect of "less than 3% of the poulation".
I also wonder how they got Einstein to take the test Tongue

RE: Enneagram Type - SomaticDreams - 01-23-2012

(11-17-2011, 06:47 PM)Pickle Wrote: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp

Type 5

Type 1: "The Reformer"

INTJ

There seems to be a lot of INTJ's on this board.

RE: Enneagram Type - Pablísimo - 01-23-2012

I find these sorts of things fascinating and helpful, as I do Astrology from a psychological standpoint.

I took this Enneagram test, but I found in many cases that the two choices were too limiting. That is, either they both applied to me or neither applied to me. My score returned a tie for three different types. I may just be missing the essence of the questions... I'll try it again another day to see if I get different results.

I've found Jungian typology to be quite accurate and reliable. I consistently type as:

INFJ

Love to all

RE: Enneagram Type - haqiqu - 01-23-2012

(11-19-2011, 12:38 AM)Ens Entium Wrote:
(11-18-2011, 07:08 PM)haqiqu Wrote: enneagram: 9

Heart

Not much has changed, you probably just answered one more question for a 'I am organised' type statement rather than 'I am spontaneous/untidy'.

Not sure if this is obvious, but a quick way to interpret the mbti is to look at the last letter first, this will tell you what you extravert with, as in which function (evaluation or perceiving function) operates on the 'outside world' or external things. Judgement preferences mean you either extravert your thinking or feeling - make evaluations based on, primarily, what you think of feel about external things. Then the 'information' gathering function (sensing or intuition) will be introverted- meaning it will operate on internal material. It is vice versa for people with perceiving preferences. The first letter tells you which is dominant. For intj for example, introverted intuition is dominant and extraverted thinking is auxillary. For esfp, extraverted sensing is dominant and introverted feeling auxillary.

I felt to mention this because you are interesting in this respect, haqiqu. Do you entertain possibilities upon possibilites or do you 'synthesise' more?

Lastly, since no one with a sensing preference has come up, I'm beginning to suspect that having an 'intuitive' slant is required to have a mental entry into and interest in things like the LOO, and other esoteric things. 'Intuitive' because under myers briggs intuition is more a function which generates abstractions and connection and possibilties based on more basic perceptions. Rather than a 'feeling-sensing of truth' so to speak.

Entium, This is an interesting view of those tests and one i had not considered. i feel that i consider all the possibilities and synthesize the possibilities i come up with for doing or being. a friend doesn't really like to go shopping with me because she says, "you have to look at everything before you make a decision." fits pretty well, i reckon Tongue

i feel i follow my intuition the majority of the time, after all the possibilities have been considered.

Heart

RE: Enneagram Type - Meerie - 01-24-2012

INFP
enneagram type : 4 "the individualist"
(although I had a rather high score for type 6 as well)

RE: Enneagram Type - Parsons - 01-24-2012

(01-24-2012, 04:22 AM)Meerie Wrote: INFP
enneagram type : 4 "the individualist"
(although I had a rather high score for type 6 as well)

MBTI: INTP

enneagram: 5 "The Investigator" (seven 'tics' in that category)

RE: Enneagram Type - Diana - 01-24-2012

(11-18-2011, 03:47 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: I'm not going to highlight mine, Pickle. You'd die laughing if I did.

Come on, do it. I want to laugh. BigSmile

I have a book about the enneagram, and came out a 5. 3 was scored almost as high as 5.

I just took the test Pickle linked to and came out a 3.

Meyers-Briggs: INTJ.

RE: Enneagram Type - heroiq - 03-13-2019

(11-17-2011, 06:47 PM)BrownEye Wrote: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp

Type 5

Unfortunately, the free enneagram test is longer offered by the Enneagram Institute! Sad

However, here is another free enneagram test that you can take to learn your enneagram type. Smile

RE: Enneagram Type - EvolvingPhoenix - 03-13-2019

Took these tests once. Came up INFP enneagram type 4 w 5 wing

RE: Enneagram Type - flofrog - 03-14-2019

I am INFJ,  lol  I was an activist, they got me, but I am older now Tongue

RE: Enneagram Type - Aion - 03-14-2019

My Enneagram is type 7 with a close type 9 beside it.

RE: Enneagram Type - Spaced - 03-14-2019

I always get 9 for the enneagram and INFP for the myers-briggs

RE: Enneagram Type - flofrog - 03-14-2019

I am a 9 and closer a 7. But the INFj nails me really