Bring4th
Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Artistic Endeavors (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? (/showthread.php?tid=3564)

Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - godwide_void - 11-16-2011

This is a new song of mine I just completed. Can you guys please tell me what you think of it?? Any and all comments are appreciated!!

http://soundcloud.com/ceruleantransience/unus-creator-infinitus

RE: Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - Namaste - 11-16-2011

One comment, and I offer this constructively, not from judgement my friend :¬)

The lower 'bass' line as such, is very nice. However, I find when the instrument kicks in the lower bass line moves too quickly and fights against the instrument, rather than sitting behind it. It becomes a tad busy, rather than ambient/meditative. 3.08 from 3.30 as an example. A simpler, slower bass line with that lovely instrument would help.

Other than that, very nice :¬)

RE: Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - godwide_void - 11-16-2011

Ah, by 'lower bass line' you're referring to the synth strings! Yes, I understand what you mean, and this is intentional. My keyboard playing ranges from the two extremes of complex neo-classical sort of composing to very minimalistic meditative droning; I definitely see what you're saying that the song could benefit from a tad more simple counter-point! I will keep this in mind.

I highly appreciate the constructive feedback and I am glad you enjoyed it! Smile

Any guess what the song title means? Wink

RE: Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - Namaste - 11-16-2011

(11-16-2011, 08:44 AM)godwide_void Wrote: Ah, by 'lower bass line' you're referring to the synth strings! Yes, I understand what you mean, and this is intentional. My keyboard playing ranges from the two extremes of complex neo-classical sort of composing to very minimalistic meditative droning; I definitely see what you're saying that the song could benefit from a tad more simple counter-point! I will keep this in mind.

I highly appreciate the constructive feedback and I am glad you enjoyed it! Smile

Any guess what the song title means? Wink

Synth strings yes, thanks for the terminology. Never known what to call them!

I did wonder if it was intentional, which is why music feedback is always so subjective :¬)

Something large? Planet/Star perhaps?

RE: Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - godwide_void - 11-16-2011

Oh, you're extremely correct on it being "something large". Wink Sator Unus Immensus is Latin for...

One Infinite Creator! BigSmile Angel Or so I'd hope it's written correctly, heh.

Did you happen to catch the recent album download thread I made? "More Law of One-inspired music"? If you dug this song I think you'd enjoy that latest offering of mine. Smile

Cool :¬)

I'll check out the other stuff!

Here ya' go, then!: http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=3533

Enjoy!

RE: Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - Meerie - 11-16-2011

I like it, imo it sounds majestic. The beginning was absolutely awesome, but later on you have too much of these harp sounds for my liking (they start at 1 min approximately)
Actually I think listening to it for a longer time might induce mild trance states.
Very good.

Thank you, Meerie. And yes, that was a harp sound set. I chose it for its contemplative and distant tone it had. Smile

RE: Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - Daydreamin - 11-16-2011

Very smoooooooth. Me likeySmile

Glad to hear it BigSmile

RE: Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - Whitefeather - 11-17-2011

I like your work godwide_void. Thank you for asking our feedback.
My feeling? I see it as a background music working well with a video about landscape, caves, the natural world and wildlife. Listening to it, I see aspects of rain and drops, springs and rocks in caves, air and vast windy tundra sort of landscapes with horses running through the vast plains under an open sky.

Regarding the tittle, my Latin is far away however, if I remember correctly, the term "sator" carries the connotation of "Lord" and "immensus" means "immense" and "vast" rather than "infinite". As it is, "Sator Unus Immensus" means something like "Lord, the Immense One" ... it is a good tittle, I like it. Smile but if you are aiming at saying literally "The One Infinite Creator", you should be closer with the terms: "Unus Creator Infinitus".

Thank you for your artistic co-creation. Wink

Heart

RE: Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - 3DMonkey - 11-17-2011

I couldn't even come close. My music skills are relegated to fisher price products. Obviously, my opinion in minimal, but here it is "where is the hook?" Wink (a deliberate attempt to be funny)

RE: Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - Whitefeather - 11-17-2011

(11-17-2011, 12:17 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: I couldn't even come close. My music skills are relegated to fisher price products. Obviously, my opinion in minimal, but here it is "where is the hook?" Wink (a deliberate attempt to be funny)

By Fisher Price, you mean the toys, the musical ones? Who is the baby monkey? Tell us the whole truth about this monkey business! lol Smile

RE: Could I please get some feedback on a new song of mine? - godwide_void - 11-17-2011

(11-17-2011, 12:12 AM)Whitefeather Wrote: I like your work godwide_void. Thank you for asking our feedback.
My feeling? I see it as a background music working well with a video about landscape, caves, the natural world and wildlife. Listening to it, I see aspects of rain and drops, springs and rocks in caves, air and vast windy tundra sort of landscapes with horses running through the vast plains under an open sky.

I'm thrilled to hear that the music evokes imagery of the beautiful and vast Creation itself. Smile I love crafting surreal, atmospheric soundscapes, I was never too much of a "solid riff" kind of person.

Quote:Regarding the tittle, my Latin is far away however, if I remember correctly, the term "sator" carries the connotation of "Lord" and "immensus" means "immense" and "vast" rather than "infinite". As it is, "Sator Unus Immensus" means something like "Lord, the Immense One" ... it is a good tittle, I like it. Smile but if you are aiming at saying literally "The One Infinite Creator", you should be closer with the terms: "Unus Creator Infinitus".

I greatly appreciate the technical heads up on Latin! Yeah, seems like Google Translate failed me. Tongue Unus Creator Infinitus will be the name, then. I'm currently busy working on this album, and if I may so ask you to use your Latin knowledge again, could you confirm for me if "Opasque In Deitate" means "absorbed into the Godhead"; or better yet, if you could translate "Merging with the Godhead" for me if it isn't too much?

Quote:Thank you for your artistic co-creation. Wink

Heart

The pleasure is all mine. Smile I figure, that despite the fact my soul is a very long way from Home, I would still like to serve the Creator to the best of my abilities, and try to manifest its undifferentiated power and grace in our density of illusions. In my lifetime I have always felt mystified by the infinite power and potential of music, it is what puts my being at ease, and I would like to create music dedicated to that which is the very nature of sounds, the prime cause... the Creator. Knowing that I have used this human incarnation as opportunity to devote myself entirely to creating music in honor of the Chekinah and sharing it for free with all other aspects of Itself, my gift of offering before I move onto the next plane of existence, makes me feel as though I have fulfilled my mission.

In any case, I'm going to continue creating music to transmit peaceful and loving energies to all who exist for as long as I exist, while the music I have created here remains to serve the One in my place when I am no longer of this density... I wish to one day merge with the music that exists in the ether and become the sounds which comprise the entire Creation.
(11-17-2011, 12:17 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: I couldn't even come close. My music skills are relegated to fisher price products. Obviously, my opinion in minimal, but here it is "where is the hook?" Wink (a deliberate attempt to be funny)

As were mine at first. It is a long way, but once you reach the point where you can bring out the music in you into tangible form, it makes all the time worth it. Your username may be 3DMonkey, but we all know that is not the case. Wink One day you shall achieve the creating capabilities you seek.