Bring4th
Northern California/Oregon? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Meet-up Area (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Northern California/Oregon? (/showthread.php?tid=295)

Northern California/Oregon? - thr33tim3 - 05-20-2009

If anyone on this forum is from Northern California (Siskiyou County, north of Redding), Ashland, OR or even Portland, OR where I may be moving this summer, I'd love to hear from you. I have been seeking community for many years.
Tim

RE: Northern California/Oregon? - Lavazza - 05-23-2009

Hey, we lived in Portland for five years... Left a year ago to work in Australia. We're coming back to the states in a week from now, but not back to Portland unfortunately. It's a beautiful city though, and very green. I hope to move back some day.

RE: Northern California/Oregon? - pluralone - 06-01-2009

Greetings, Tim -

Well, I'm just a wee bit farther north in Vancouver Washington, which as you probably know is just across the Columbia river from Portland and, for many folks, seems to be simply a continuation of the Portland/metro area (aka its 'bedroom community' where people sleep between work shifts in Portland - ha)... but for some Portlanders, asking them to cross the Interstate bridge into Vancouver is like asking them to fly to Europa.

How solid the boundary is between the two states is a matter of perception; I prefer Vancouver over Portland for my own reasons, but I'm not averse to crossing the river when needs be.

At any rate, nice to see a near-neighbor here at Bring4th. This is actually my first post here - now don't you feel special? hee

Just popped in to say "howdy, neighbor". See you around the forum!
plur

RE: Northern California/Oregon? - ymunio - 08-09-2009

Hi, I live in Portland! I'm so eager to find community here but not sure how to go about it. My wife and I are hermits by default. Now that we have a new baby girl we hardly get out at all anymore. It's a lonely existence but I would welcome the opportunity to reach out and meet someone for coffee or whatever.

Vancouver has such a different energy than Portland, I feel it immediately when I go there. Not that either place is better or worse, just different. I've had many visions of my wife and I someday living in rural Washington in a double-wide trailer home with a big raggedy barn where I fix up old cars. Portland is an important part of who I am right now but I'll welcome the opportunity to move to WA once it presents itself hopefully in the next few years.

RE: Northern California/Oregon? - thr33tim3 - 08-09-2009

Hey great to hear from some folks near Portland! I am still planning to move there soon, but haven't been able to find a job there yet. Hopefully its just a matter of time...
T

RE: Northern California/Oregon? - firesprite - 09-04-2009

Hello,
My sweetheart and I will be in Portland, OR on or around the 18th of September for the Portland Pirate Festival. I would be thrilled to see a meet up while we are in the area. After we head to Seattle to visit family and the Steam-punk convention. Send me a message and hopefully we could have a great gathering.