Bring4th
What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? (/showthread.php?tid=2503)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Nicholas - 05-09-2016

Sorry for the low input post...

Quote:64.5 Questioner: Can you tell me why the slight error made in the ritual starting this communication two sessions ago allowed the intrusion of one Orion affiliated entity?

Ra: I am Ra. This contact is narrow-band and its preconditions precise. The other-self offering its service in the negative path also is possessed of the skill of the swordsman. You deal in this contact with, shall we say, forces of great intensity poured into a vessel as delicateas a snowflake and as crystalline.

The smallest of lapses may disturb the regularity of this pattern of energies which forms the channel for these transmissions.

Or as I call them, blind spots relating to fear.

The contextual difference in this quote, of course, is relating to will and not faith. But subjectively speaking, I find there is some value to be found in the bolded part.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Parsons - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 07:30 AM)YinYang Wrote:
Parsons Wrote:I studied the material as the 'detached, objective scientist'. IMO, Don also approached the whole endeavor with the same attitude. If you are detached from the material, you certainly aren't integrating what is learned.

While Don was a scientist, and described his approach as scientific in the intro, I never experienced him as detached. Carla always said she never saw him as happy as after a session, and he physically jumped up and down with the first contact, someone who is usually very reserved.

For someone to say "I personally will not cease while still incarnate to disseminate this.", doesn't really appear to me as a detached, scientific attitude. I don't know I personally experienced him very passionate...  Smile Best questioner we could have hoped for.

I did have the intro in mind: 

Don Elkins Wrote:This book is an exact transcript from tape recordings of twentysix
sessions of an experiment designed to communicate with an extraterrestrial
being. We started the experiment in 1962 and refined the process for nineteen
years. In 1981 the experimental results of our efforts changed profoundly in
quality and precision. This book is simply a report of the beginning of this
latter phase of our work.

Since our experimental work began, and even before we officially formed a
research group, there was considerable confusion about the nature of our
research. I would like to state that I consider my point of view to be purely
scientific. Many readers of this material have used as a basis for its
evaluation a previously assumed philosophical bias which has ranged from
what I would call objectively scientific to subjectively theological.
It is not
the purpose of our research group to attempt to do anything other than
make experimental data available. Each reader will undoubtedly reach his
own unique conclusion about the meaning of this body of data.

I should have been more specific. When I said detached, I was referring to a scientist following the scientific method in an unbiased manner in terms of not coming to a concrete conclusion before something is empirically proven. So the way I see it, Don was either being false in the above statement (because he really did have a philosophical bias towards believing the material), otherwise he would have to be detached from belief / *UNbiased towards the contents of the material (as is the theory from my previous post).

Furthermore, being excited doesn't necessarily denote understanding, belief, and integration of this philosophical material. In this case, I think it's possible Don was excited because he intuitively perceived a big jump in quality in the channeled message. In the same way, a scientific researcher would get excited if they changed their methods slightly and it yielded better results in an experiment. That doesn't necessarily mean the researcher fully understands the data, believes his theory is true, and has put the conclusions into practical application into his everyday life.

When I first read the Ra Material, I got to a point where I literally jumped up in the air and shouted 'eureka'. But at the time, I had only a moderate degree of understanding, a small degree of belief, and almost no integration of the concepts presented. A few years later, I had a lot more belief and understanding, but still a very small degree of integration. That was around the time when I started having unexplained anxiety / panic issues which I am theorizing Don may have been experiencing something similar.

I'm making the point that integration, belief, and understanding of concepts are not always at the same level. In fact, if how you feel about Don is true (that he very passionately devoted himself to the positive polarity), it would potentially be more evidence towards my theory that he attempted "to polarize more quickly than experience may be integrated."

Moreover, I really have a hard time blaming external 'negative entities' on a situation like this. I think it's possible, even likely, that they greatly exacerbated / exploited an existing weakness. But the weakness would have to already be present. And what I'm after is what Don did / thought that caused that particular weakness / distortion to open up in the first place. Hence my theory that Don may not have integrated (not to be confused with understood or believed) the concepts in the Law of One while attempting to earnestly positively porlarize.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Jade - 05-09-2016

I think you're right and your description of having anxiety attacks due to failure to integrate properly falls right in line with Don's "initiation" experience. If he was able to take a leap of faith and fully embrace Ra's open hearted teachings, things would have been different. But then also we would be asking for Don to be different.

In Book 5 Carla speaks more of Don's downfall, and how his extreme paranoia overtook their lives. He thought everywhere was bugged and that they were constantly in danger. I'm rarely the first to cry "negative greeting", but this seems suspect. When Don and Carla had their "deleterious working", the energy exchange where Don became the weak one, he didn't have the protection of love/faith that sustained Carla. So, aggravating his distortions unto his demise was easier.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - YinYang - 05-10-2016

Quote:he didn't have the protection of love/faith that sustained Carla.

What is also of interest is this little bit:

Quote:Questioner: Then is it correct that a good sequence for developing the invocation of the magical personality are alternate meditations, first on power, then a meditation on love, and then a meditation on wisdom and to continue cycling that way? Is that an appropriate technique?

Ra: I am Ra. This is indeed an appropriate technique. In this particular group there is an additional aid in that each entity manifests one of these qualities in a manner which approaches the archetype. Thusly visualization may be personalized and much love and support within the group generated.

Don - wisdom
Carla - love
Jim - power

We'll never have all the answers, but this answer of Ra indicates that Don's leaning more towards wisdom, was actually an essential component in the group.

And then there's also this:

Quote:Ra: Secondly, that which we and you do in workings such as this carries a magical charge, if you would use this much misunderstood term. Perhaps we may say a metaphysical power. Those who do work of power are available for communication to and from entities of roughly similar power. It is fortunate that the Orion entity does not have the native power of this group. However, it is quite disciplined whereas this group lacks the finesse equivalent to its power. Each is working in consciousness but the group has not begun a work as a group. The individual work is helpful, for the group is mutually an aid, one to another.

So there were so many things to think of and improve on and "get right", that it might even be a miracle that 106 sessions were reached. For me it's just perfect, with all their strengths and weaknesses, to have been able to reach such heights. The "if onlys" is not something I ponder much. Don has achieved something that very few Earthlings have achieved, through pure singleness of purpose, tenacity and steadfastness.  

I love this in particular:

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. The love and devotion of this group misses nothing. Be at peace. There is some toll for this work. This instrument embraces this or we could not speak. Rest then in that peace and love and do as you will, as you wish, as you feel. Let there be an end to worry when this is accomplished. The great healer of distortions is love.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Jade - 05-10-2016

Yeah. I was shocked actually a few weeks ago when I as listening to the podcast, with Jim talking about his personal rituals - and how, during the Ra contact, the group didn't actually do any extra group meditations together. It just seems to me as... something obvious they should have done, but never did. Jim said Carla did her own rituals personally (morning offering) and he didn't ever join her until after they were married. Again, it just was shocking to hear that they didn't meditate together daily. I'm pretty sure they meditated as a group before each session, but I think that was the extent of it.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Jade - 05-10-2016

And to think further, I think it was exactly this that likely tore them apart: Jim and Carla did have their own spiritual rituals together, they made green-ray love often. Don was excluded from this. I think Carla even eventually recognized that she needed to have worked harder to make Don feel less excluded before the end, but he was too tough/proud to ever show that anything like that was bothering him. In retrospect, it seems like the magical qualities of group work were so important, but I think the group's main priority was taking care of and protecting weak little Carla and not the group as a whole.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Kaaron - 05-19-2016

Side question: Did anyone get the feeling that the fifth density "friend" was somehow connected to Don?

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - YinYang - 05-20-2016

I think if I remember correctly, I read in a Quo session once that this entity and Carla had some history, but I stand to be corrected.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Jade - 05-20-2016

(05-19-2016, 05:41 PM)Kaaron Wrote: Side question: Did anyone get the feeling that the fifth density "friend" was somehow connected to Don?

Well, Carla mentions in book 5 I believe that Don had spoken to Jim about potentially making some sort of "pact" with the negative entity - and something like that I'm sure reverberates backwards and forwards in time. But who knows.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - YinYang - 05-20-2016

I always wondered why Carla ended the book with "Never, NEVER make a deal with the loyal opposition!"

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Jade - 05-20-2016

Good point. Prayers to Don and Carla!!

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Kaaron - 05-21-2016

(05-20-2016, 08:54 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 05:41 PM)Kaaron Wrote: Side question: Did anyone get the feeling that the fifth density "friend" was somehow connected to Don?

Well, Carla mentions in book 5 I believe that Don had spoken to Jim about potentially making some sort of "pact" with the negative entity - and something like that I'm sure reverberates backwards and forwards in time. But who knows.

I feel like because Ra, Jim and Carla were so positive, there needed to be a balance and Don seemed to provide that.
Towards the end of the material, I felt that it was quite noticeable. It was like Don was fixated on controlling events. Trying to save Gandolf, seemed to be him not being able to see the larger picture of progression through the densities. The tarot thing also seemed like an attempt to control the creation rather than be one with it.
I felt a deep gratitude for Don after I realized all of this.
Don went through a horrific ordeal so that we can have a better chance at being harvestable. Not to take anything away from Carla and Jim as I am equally thankful to them too.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Jade - 05-21-2016

According to Carla, Don was ALWAYS, VERY controlling of her. She wasn't allowed to pursue any of her own hobbies because Don was so obsessed with her, he insisted he needed her around all the time. It did get worse towards the end but their relationship was always based on Don refusing to see Carla as autonomous. I also think it's telling that at one point in the material, Ra says "We applaud the questioner for the opening of his compassion circuitry", as if that was something new for Don. IIRC this was after Don and Carla had their infamous energy exchange.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Glow - 05-21-2016

Thank you Jade that bit helps me understand something that had been bothering me personally

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - AnthroHeart - 05-22-2016

I've often thought I was going to die, but I never became suicidal because of it. I even thought a few times in a jail cell that I was headed to hell. I even saw the overhead lights becoming redder and heating up.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Parsons - 05-23-2016

I had no idea Don behaved like that; thanks for sharing, Jade.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Jade - 05-23-2016

Just L/L lore I've acquired through the years. I'm not sure if that info is in Book 5 or not, likely not if it's not somewhat common knowledge. Carla spoke candidly about it, and obviously never had the slightest problem with it. But yeah, she was "his", which makes it even crazier that he allowed Jim's presence in the way he did (though I think their relationship was mutually co-dependent, so when he was clear-headed, he likely knew that Carla definitely was "his").

But yeah, she gave up things she really loved for him: An outside job (as a librarian) - he basically made her quit and come work for him. When he was flying, she had more freedom, but when he was home, she had to be by his side and dote on him. I mean, Don's from a completely other generation - he was born in 1930, he'd be 86, old enough to be my grandpa, who definitely wasn't the most progressive thinker I knew about women. I mean obviously Don was very progressive, and I don't think he was sexist (I think he was a misanthrope actually; read when Carla talks about their "energy exchange" and how she finally understood how Don saw the world - fearfully) he was just very obsessed with being in Carla's presence. But yes, definitely something unbalanced for a negative entity to exploit...

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - YinYang - 05-23-2016

(05-23-2016, 08:37 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: Just L/L lore I've acquired through the years. I'm not sure if that info is in Book 5 or not, likely not if it's not somewhat common knowledge.

It is in book 5. One of the things I've always loved about Carla is her complete transparency and honesty, she basically held nothing back. She felt that it could also serve as a teaching tool, and she was right. It must also have been a bit of a catharsis for her to get it all out.

I do think the world is much better off than it would have been if Carla stayed a librarian and had a house full of kids, as she desired. Wink So it's all perfect. Their job was to acquire this information, and in that respect Don's compass needle didn't sway.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Jade - 05-23-2016

To think of Carla's fragile little body going through the efforts of child-bearing...

That too! Smile

Thinking further on this, Carla's wisdom gained from this experience was immense. In Wanderer's Handbook she shares much of that wisdom, and that pain comes through the words, because she's been to hell and back. It's immensely inspiring to have a teacher who got up again, and gave us so much more than the Ra contact.

In the chapter "Re-Seeing The Self", she shares much of that wisdom of finding yourself again, although it's to be found throughout the book.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - bluevision10s - 05-26-2016

Okay, so I have something to add. Now, I don't know if you have ever heard of an empath? It's like someone who can feel the emotions and thoughts of others. My experience is that this is true for everyone, all the time. People just assume their thoughts are random, which I think isn't true.

A few examples.

In meditation one day at home, I had the constant thought of "I'm a no call no show at work." I saw my supervisor dragging me to work in my mind. I thought this was ridiculous. Thinking that I did not have to work that day. However, checking my phone a couple hours later proved that they had called me, telling me that I had missed work that day.

Another time, for a about a month straight. I kept thinking about my cousins wedding? Truth is she got married without telling my family.

When I write on social media, I may get anxiety after posting. Sometimes for a few hours, sometimes longer, I cannot focus. This is usually an indication that someone is telepathically talking to me. Messaging girls, usually gets me in trouble, since I am attractive, I will end up thinking about them for hours at a time when I usually don't have strong feeling for them. This is an indication to me that they are thinking about me. One time, I friended a girl on facebook who liked me in highschool. For the next 6 hours, until 3 in the morning, all I kept thinking about was her moving back home and us having a family. It was insane, I never thought of her like that and the reason I left social media. I'll come on here cause I'm usually alone in life and need some communication with others and this is a wonderful place.

Note: these are just a few instances. I listen to my thoughts constantly and have chosen a mostly solitary life, in order to have a clear mind.

With this being said. I thought that after publishing the books, Don got such strange responses that he could not focus and eventually went down the path he did. Not necessarily because of his own choices but he could not balance and love the responses he was receiving telepathically from people who had read the books.

Just a thought.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - john21wall - 05-30-2016

don elkins began a book a few months before his death with the hope
of introducing the Law of One to the average person.
he only completed the first chapter.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - Bourbon Betty - 05-30-2016

Faked his own death or had is death faked by the group after he became more cognizant of what was going on.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - KYAYBCLL - 05-30-2016

I agree with Jeremy. We all have to remember that the whole contact happened because of the three. There is so much back history between them all, and also so much love, especially from Carla. All of us as individuals go through life and sometimes hurt. Don played a special part and I respect him for that. And don't forget how much Carla loved him.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - EvolvingPhoenix - 09-06-2018

(05-09-2016, 04:50 AM)Parsons Wrote: I have been trying to understand what happened to Don for years now. I think I may have been (or perhaps may still be?) on the same path as him. I want to continue this experience, so I think you can understand my earnest attempts to understand.

I recently stumbled on this quote from session 35. Please keep in mind I am not directly comparing Don to Adolf Hitler or suggesting that he was on the negative path.

35.4 Wrote:Questioner: I would now like to ask for the same type of information with respect to Adolf Hitler. You have given a little of this already. It is not necessary to re-cover what you have already given, but if you could complete that information it would be helpful.

Ra: I am Ra. In speaking of the one you call Adolf we have some difficulty due to the intense amount of confusion present in this entity’s life patterns as well as the great confusion which greets any discussion of this entity.

Here we see an example of one who, in attempting activation of the highest rays of energy while lacking the green-ray key, canceled itself out as far as polarization either towards positive or negative. This entity was basically negative. However, its confusion was such that the personality disintegrated, thus leaving the mind/body/spirit complex unharvestable and much in need of healing.

This entity followed the pattern of negative polarization which suggests the elite and the enslaved, this being seen by the entity to be of an helpful nature for the societal structure. However, in drifting from the conscious polarization into what you may call a twilight world where dream took the place of events in your space/time continuum, this entity failed in its attempt to serve the Creator in an harvestable degree along the path of service to self. Thus we see the so-called insanity which may often arise when an entity attempts to polarize more quickly than experience may be integrated.

We have advised and suggested caution and patience in previous communications and do so again, using this entity as an example of the over-hasty opening of polarization without due attention to the synthesized and integrated mind/body/spirit complex. To know your self is to have the foundation upon firm ground.

I think if you apply this knowledge to the positive polarity, it is equally possible for this to happen. Since we do not know Don's thoughts, nobody can say for sure. I can say that I was extremely earnest in my attempts to understand the Ra Material and polarize on the positive path, which was a very far cry from what I was doing before I "woke up". I just wanted to learn as quickly as I could intellectually, but did very little to integrate the knowledge I was learning. I studied the material as the 'detached, objective scientist'. IMO, Don also approached the whole endeavor with the same attitude. If you are detached from the material, you certainly aren't integrating what is learned.

There is also another similar quote in the material that says something to the effect of: 'if knowledge isn't used, the training tools become negative'. I must be wording it differently because I can't seem to find it. However, once I first ran across that quote, I slammed on the brakes and only carefully proceed with Seeking once I can be sure I have integrated the knowledge I have intellectually learned.

I think this may be part of my "negative time/space" subject I've been worrying about.

And I'm worried about manifesting it (by fearing it), especially since I have this integration concern running in my mind as well.

IS there ANY advice anybody has for me on how to integrate my positive polarization and how to integrate my lessons I've learned on the past several threads?

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - flofrog - 09-07-2018

I feel so much gratitude for the three of them. They lived so devoted to what they were doing, still navigating third density’s numerous smaller and larger challenges. In awe.

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - IAMaSeeker - 06-10-2020

MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH THIS
1. Don sounds like a hard headed/scientist, with major green energy problem, and we all know the "smarter" one is, the less of an open "green/love" energy.

2. Carla lived by the philosophy of a "used rag". Oh...I'm sorry, she called it making decisions with "always your heart". I guess she forgot the wisdom. Confused
2.1 Carla let her first husband take advantage of her many, many times, infact claiming, as if that is the only way she would be lead to something great like Ra.
2.2 Moved across country at a drop of a dime for the low life scum bag.
2.3 Quit a good job because her first husband needed her to take care of him/money/work cuz he didn't have a job.
As if the UNIVERSE had NO other way to get Carla where she needed to be, but through these men treating her like a rag?

3. Don treated Carla like crap.....and she put up with it...as if that is what "love" is.

4. What if Carla would have stood up for herself, thus helping Don realize he is a &*&% and start thinking and getting in touch with his green ray.....and understanding that is NOT how you treat the most important people to you. Carla could have Helped Don in "to polarize".

5. I could be wrong, but with my limited mind/body/complex of knowing human behavior, it is very possible that Don had a twisted way of loving Carla...Now that is a nice energy you want to come home to. Dodgy And all 3 of them living in the same house. Yuk.
6. And the way the end was handles...
Go ahead, judge me as you like....I'm here to learn based on how understand the lesson.

THE LESSON IS Confused
Don - Too much wisdom = deadly consequences
Carla - Too much love = deadly consequences
Jim - Too much power = you got the lesson.

(05-23-2016, 08:37 AM)Jade Wrote: Just L/L lore I've acquired through the years. I'm not sure if that info is in Book 5 or not, likely not if it's not somewhat common knowledge. Carla spoke candidly about it, and obviously never had the slightest problem with it. But yeah, she was "his", which makes it even crazier that he allowed Jim's presence in the way he did (though I think their relationship was mutually co-dependent, so when he was clear-headed, he likely knew that Carla definitely was "his").

But yeah, she gave up things she really loved for him: An outside job (as a librarian) - he basically made her quit and come work for him. When he was flying, she had more freedom, but when he was home, she had to be by his side and dote on him. I mean, Don's from a completely other generation - he was born in 1930, he'd be 86, old enough to be my grandpa, who definitely wasn't the most progressive thinker I knew about women. I mean obviously Don was very progressive, and I don't think he was sexist (I think he was a misanthrope actually; read when Carla talks about their "energy exchange" and how she finally understood how Don saw the world - fearfully) he was just very obsessed with being in Carla's presence. But yes, definitely something unbalanced for a negative entity to exploit...

RE: What exactly happened to Don Elkins? - IAMaSeeker - 06-10-2020

Does Carla ever give an explanation?

(05-20-2016, 09:37 AM)YinYang Wrote: I always wondered why Carla ended the book with "Never, NEVER make a deal with the loyal opposition!"