Bring4th
Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: The Corkboard (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th (/showthread.php?tid=20146)

Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - Patrick - 08-03-2022

Dear fellow seekers: the recent decision to convert Bring4th into an archive was made for a number of reasons, of which includes the forums evolving in a way that became unsustainable for L/L Research and its volunteer webmaster.

After the announcement was made to archive Bring4th, a range of mixed emotions were expressed within the community. In reading through the responses, I felt compelled on my own initiative to approach L/L and offer to continue supporting the community, but in a scaled back fashion. As it so happens, both Steve (Bring4th_Steve) and I had contacted L/L with very similar proposals. So we got together to discuss our endeavor and both agreed over the importance of continuing to support the categories that are the most helpful and informative for seekers, along with newcomers to the Law of One material and Confederation philosophy.

Steve and I are currently setting up a new board through Bring4th. While it will still be an L/L Research service, Bring4th will be run relatively autonomously by us as administrators, with periodic check-ins with L/L management.

One of the exciting improvements for the new discussion board is fixing the known problems of the old forums by adopting a brand new collaboration service. The chosen platform will hopefully provide the community with a modernized style and new features that will improve the quality and ease of group discussions.

As mentioned above, we are planning to scale back the number of categories in order to focus on providing a community experience centered on the Law of One and Confederation philosophy. Ensuring the community can communicate without fear of judgment remains a priority. The Bring4th guidelines refer to the community as being a safe space for fellow seekers, and we are committed to refining and improving upon that ideal. With this fresh new chapter, we fully intend for Bring4th to continue providing a safe community space where seekers can learn and grow.

While the management, structure, and focus will be different on the new platform, we do intend to continue growing and supporting Bring4th in the egalitarian spirit in which it was launched in 2008.

We will provide more information in the next few days as we near the re-launch.

Steve and Patrick

RE: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - Sacred Fool - 08-03-2022

Oh, geez, this is a surprise.  Should I now stop telling people how I appreciate them.  I am so confused by this..........

Uh, oh hey, thanks very much!!!

Maybe now my Ra Theme Park thread will get some attention after all?

RE: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - omcasey - 08-03-2022

Patrick,

Will the current board then remain open until the relaunch of the new one? Do you have any estimated time frame at all for the new boards? Will the URL be different or can we keep checking in here at this address? Thanks!!

RE: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - omcasey - 08-03-2022

(08-03-2022, 02:27 PM)Sacred Fool Wrote: Oh, geez, this is a surprise.  Should I now stop telling people how I appreciate them.  I am so confused by this..........

I, myself, rather suspected.  Heart

We have yet to fully hear what the new Idea will be, though. I am looking forward to hearing more.

I have really been enjoying everyone's outpouring of love these past few days.

Hey your topknot sounds kind of like mine. I loved that.

Casey

RE: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - Patrick - 08-03-2022

(08-03-2022, 02:57 PM)omcasey Wrote: Patrick,

Will the current board then remain open until the relaunch of the new one? Do you have any estimated time frame at all for the new boards? Will the URL be different or can we keep checking in here at this address? Thanks!!

With a bit of luck, the launch could happen pretty much around the same time as the freeze. The URL is different, but there will be a banner with the new link.

RE: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - LeiwoUnion - 08-03-2022

In my vision:
A thick mist covered all. People were huddling around lighted candles, whispering about what they had learned. I came asking for directions towards the old marketplace but nobody seemed to know where it was.
'You don't want to go there anyway, it's just old useless booths and stands with old litter and garbage'.
'I remember the library, it's not there?'.
'The library is right here with us, look'.
'I seem to remember it being more extensive. Where's the rest?'
'Hah, you mean all the useless junk? See, all you'll ever need is right here. It's time to look forward anyway, leave that which is history be history'.
'How can we truly look forward, if the past is so easily left behind? How can we truly learn, if we don't know the lessons of the past? You really can't point a direction, if I wanted to look by myself?'
'You think too much'.
Realizing the futileness of the attempt I crept closer to the nearest candle and began warming my cold hands. The whispers around sounded familiar, and somehow cosy. As I sank into my minds whirls a distant thought danced around the edge of my consciousness, seemingly demanding attention. My weary mind couldn't get hold of it and as quickly as it had arrived it was gone.
'What was I doing here again?'
'Huh? Who knows.. anyway we were just about to have a heated debate about the nature of this candle light. This bozo says the light flutters more to the right but it's obvious it flutters more to the left. With us?'

Not having the strength to come up with a counter argument, I lazily turned towards the debaters and started to listen their discussion. Meanwhile in some unrecognizable and deeply dark void a lone pendulum halted for the briefest of moments before continuing its journey towards where it came from. A shiver went through the Creation; no momentum was lost.. Perhaps the next swing will be the one to bring up the change...

RE: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - Spiritualchaos - 08-03-2022

If you need any volunteers for the new boards, consider reaching out to me, I’d love to help if I could.

The way my life works, I have a lot of downtime in chunks throughout the day, I can type over 125 wpm, I have an extensive computer background as well as degrees in Office Education and Medical Transcription. Also I’ve been living the Law of One my whole life, and understand the material greatly. And I am not easily offended, I am very understanding of those from all walks of life, and have a great desire to serve.

Anyways I’m putting it out there if you need some help. Love and light to you all.

RE: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - Patrick - 08-03-2022

Thank you for the offer. We are planning on starting with just the admins doing the moderation. This is so we can get a feel of how our guidelines works and make adjustments. But eventually we will probably need help indeed. Smile

RE: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - Spiritualchaos - 08-03-2022

(08-03-2022, 08:47 PM)Patrick Wrote: Thank you for the offer. We are planning on starting with just the admins doing the moderation. This is so we can get a feel of how our guidelines works and make adjustments. But eventually we will probably need help indeed. Smile

Well I will definitely be around, let me know. Love & light to you.  Heart

RE: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - Jim Kent + - 08-04-2022

Dear Patrick and Steve, 

That's excellent news gents - a big thank you from me!

I look forward to hearing more and signing up. 

Jim

RE: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - Louisabell - 08-04-2022

Great work Patrick!  Looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

RE: Announcing the Re-launch of Bring4th - sillypumpkins - 08-04-2022

ah! Whiplash!

jk.... Wink