Bring4th
Loving/Forgiving fictional characters - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: What is Love? (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Loving/Forgiving fictional characters (/showthread.php?tid=19593)

Loving/Forgiving fictional characters - Cannon - 11-30-2021

I'm aware of the bizarre nature of this thread subject. Please be merciful.

Anyway, it recently occurred to me that when one is engaged in a story, whether it be from a movie or book, one is in some way meeting the characters therein on an emotional level, despite their not being real. The reader/viewer is, to some degree, hallucinating that they are interacting with these (fictional) people in a way to the point that they feel in some way real during the book or movie. (This is of course only in my experience, not necessarily anyone else's.) Now, if a service-to-others oriented individual watches a movie with a hateful villain in it, like a murderer, would the person's 'forgiving' the unforgivable character of their fictional atrocities further polarize the individual in their spiritual path? Can a movie alone provide someone some minor emotional catalyst and, if so, how should one react to this phenomenon as it occurs when watching one? Can someone become a more loving person by forgiving, for example, the Joker or Hannibal Lecter? I would be very interested in anyone's thoughts in the matter.

RE: Loving/Forgiving fictional characters - Sacred Fool - 11-30-2021

I think you're on to something.

Research on hypnosis shows that the unconscious doesn't make a clear distinction between outward actual experiences and those which are imagined.  So, the forgiveness you may offer to a fictional entity represents genuine emotion on your part, even if the object of it is a contrivance.  Also, Ra encourages working with catalyst using one's imagination and, let's face it, after you've had an experience and are reviewing it to learn from it, you're basically dealing with the internal movie of it at that point. 

Being able to make good use of the fictional catalyst depends upon one's ability summon up and work productively with deep emotion.  But sometimes the summoning is not so difficult, like when a particular film or what-have-you moves you deeply and uncovers highly charged emotions.

RE: Loving/Forgiving fictional characters - MonadicSpectrum - 12-01-2021

I think this is a great idea to explore. There are a couple of ways I view it. First, forgiving and loving fictional characters can be a great form of practice or training for the mind. Once one has learned to forgive the Joker, it will be much easier to forgive characters who act like the Joker in real life. Second, everything we imagine as a thought form actually exists in potentiality, probability, and possibility. Therefore, fictional stories can actually be real stories that are lived by real characters experiencing those experiences in an alternate reality. And these characters are yet another version of ourselves. When we know and accept these fictional characters, we are actually knowing and accepting a real aspect of ourselves.

Quote:16.54 Questioner: Does what we do, when we think of possibilities that can occur, say daydreaming: Do these become real in these densities?

Ra: I am Ra. This depends upon the nature of the daydream. This is a large subject. Perhaps the simplest thing we can say is, if the daydream, as you call it, is one which attracts to self, this then becomes reality to self. If it is contemplative general daydream, this may enter the infinity of possibility/probability complexes and occur elsewhere, having no particular attachment to the energy fields of the creator.

16.55 Questioner: To make this a little more clear, if I were to daydream strongly about building a ship, would this occur in one of these other densities?

Ra: I am Ra. This would, would have, or shall occur.

16.56 Questioner: And then if, say, an entity daydreams strongly about battling, let us say, another entity, would this occur?

Ra: I am Ra. In this case the entity’s fantasy concerns the self and other-self; this binds the thought-form to the possibility/probability complex connected with the self which is the creator of this thought-form. This then would increase the possibility/probability of bringing this into third-density occurrence.

Edit: I just wanted to add that a fictional story was actually one method that helped manifest the Ra material: https://www.lawofone.info/c/Books?su=Esmerelda+Sweetwater#Esmerelda+Sweetwater

RE: Loving/Forgiving fictional characters - IndigoSalvia - 12-01-2021

Interesting observation. I agree: when we engage with fictional catalyst in a meaningful way, we can experience it in a similar, or same, way we would if IRL. It's an illusion within an illusion.

The same would be true for non-fiction and current events IMO. Though we didn't directly experience these events ourselves, we may engage with them in a similar manner.

If I read about an argument, zip-lining through the jungle, etc., my experience of such is qualitatively different than if I'm doing it myself. If I watch a movie or documentary, my experience is more heightened than reading but less than IRL. The more indirect or distant, the more diluted the experience.

I suspect it varies from person to person, and for me at least, there are gradations.