Bring4th
Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: L/L Research Channeling Archives (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest (/showthread.php?tid=19205)

Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Sacred Fool - 05-21-2021

https://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2010/2010_1106.aspx

Quote:Within the deep illusion of Earth it is not necessary to examine who one is because one is what one appears to be. The people about you take in your physical looks, your age, your sexuality, your station in life and other things about you—how you move, how you speak—and they assume various things about you which, taken on average, is close enough to the reality of who you appear to be. And the true self that lies within can remain undiscovered. This is not the self with which one needs to be familiar. This is not the self whose nature you need to know in doing metaphysical work.

In doing metaphysical work you need to find your center. You need to find what you are living for and what you would die for. You need to find the ground of your being. You need to know at the bedrock level who you are. Because in time/space, in the metaphysical realms of eternity and infinity, that entity that you truly are, your essence, your vibration, your frequency, is your identity.

As you find ways to tune yourself throughout the day, remember your goal. You are not only seeking to become your highest and best self. You are seeking to tune yourself to your realest, most basic self. And, my friends, this is a challenge that is met only by an incarnation of work, peeling away the onionskin layers of self that are, after all, masks and costumes, and coming into the tender, fruitful layers of the deeper self, the essence of self. Often that self is hidden from you and patience and determination will serve you well as you look in the mirror and gaze through your own eyes into your very soul.

You have worn many masks in various incarnations, but there is a common thread in your soul stream that is undeniably and unforgettably you. Move into that bedrock of self as frequently as you can, and for as long as you can, until your questions have been answered. Then, when you challenge a spirit, you are able to say, “Do you come in the name of this principle that I hold most dear?” Name that principle and say, “I challenge you in the name of that principle. Can you meet that challenge?”

Given that you are of a positive polarity and that the principle which you’ve chosen to be that for which you live and that for which you would die is positive, that challenge will be as a brick wall to those who are of a service-to-self polarity, and they will be forced to retreat.

It is well to ponder this and to understand why we say that the work of knowing the self is fundamental. For if you challenge in a half-hearted manner, and if you don’t actually have faith in the efficacy of this challenge, it will not have efficacy. It will not work.

So, the training necessary for challenging involves becoming sure and certain of the self so that there is no energy lost to doubt, uncertainty and feelings of unworthiness. There is much to clear away from the attention in order to make contact with the higher self, the guidance system, or whatever you wish to call it. Yet it is not that which needs to be scorned. It is simply that which needs to be dropped out of the hands of the attention so that one may focus more and more inwardly and open those aspects of the self that are capable of reaching through the gateway of intelligent infinity to bring back inspiration from a wider point of view to you.

This is what you are doing when you channel an outer source. It is also what you are doing when you channel your higher self. The techniques are the same. Thusly, we would say to the one known as M that preparing to channel the higher self is safely done alone or with one other person, yet the tuning and the challenging that she has learned from this instrument will stand her in good stead.

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Steppingfeet - 06-22-2021

Jim, Austin, Trish, and our friend and co-channel, Kathy will all be together tomorrow. I am going to read this out loud. Thank you for sharing it, SF.

About the quote:

Quote:In doing metaphysical work you need to find your center. You need to find what you are living for and what you would die for. You need to find the ground of your being. You need to know at the bedrock level who you are. Because in time/space, in the metaphysical realms of eternity and infinity, that entity that you truly are, your essence, your vibration, your frequency, is your identity.

[...]

You have worn many masks in various incarnations, but there is a common thread in your soul stream that is undeniably and unforgettably you. Move into that bedrock of self as frequently as you can, and for as long as you can, until your questions have been answered. Then, when you challenge a spirit, you are able to say, “Do you come in the name of this principle that I hold most dear?” Name that principle and say, “I challenge you in the name of that principle. Can you meet that challenge?”

Given that you are of a positive polarity and that the principle which you’ve chosen to be that for which you live and that for which you would die is positive, that challenge will be as a brick wall to those who are of a service-to-self polarity, and they will be forced to retreat.

It is well to ponder this and to understand why we say that the work of knowing the self is fundamental. For if you challenge in a half-hearted manner, and if you don’t actually have faith in the efficacy of this challenge, it will not have efficacy. It will not work.

So, the training necessary for challenging involves becoming sure and certain of the self so that there is no energy lost to doubt, uncertainty and feelings of unworthiness.

This certitude that arises not from the acquisition of knowledge or the demonstration of competency at some task, but of the authentic contact with the true self, this is a power unto itself.

I don't think that this certainty in the self is inimical to the humble nature. It is only the standing upon the bedrock. In this awareness, humility should be natural for the self, for in order to reach this deep interior, the self has disidentified from many of the most superficial of the illusory husks, that which would contribute to inflated personality. And there the self finds strength which, when known in the full integrity of the self, when pure in the whole heart, and when unmitigated by doubt or distraction, becomes unconquerable to the negatively oriented being; this not through any specific training, per se, but by virtue of the qualities inherent in the light of beingness itself.

It brought to mind the iconic scene of Gandalf on the bridge facing the Balrog. Knowing who he is, Gandalf declares himself and in so doing sets up a barrier beyond which the Balrog cannot pass.

I've only seen the movies, unfortunately, so I looked up the text from the book. (Which was so spine-tinglingly vivid that it makes me want to read Tolkien.) In Gandalf's case, as Tolkien would have it, his challenge was only the beginning of an extended duel, but the principle held true: the Balrog did not pass.

The text if interested:

Quote:“The Balrog reached the bridge. Gandalf stood in the middle of the span, leaning on the staff in his left hand, but in his other hand Glamdring gleamed, cold and white. His enemy halted again, facing him, and the shadow about it reached out like two vast wings. It raised the whip, and the thongs whined and cracked. Fire came from its nostrils. But Gandalf stood firm.

'You cannot pass,' he said. The orcs stood still, and a dead silence fell. 'I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.'

The Balrog made no answer. The fire in it seemed to die, but the darkness grew. It stepped forward slowly onto the bridge, and suddenly it drew itself up to a great height, and its wings were spread from wall to wall; but still Gandalf could be seen, glimmering in the gloom; he seemed small, and altogether alone: grey and bent, like a wizened tree before the onset of a storm.

From out of the shadow a red sword leaped flaming.

Glamdring glittered white in answer.

There was a ringing clash and a stab of white fire. The Balrog fell back and its sword flew up in molten fragments. The wizard swayed on the bridge, stepped back a pace, and then again stood still.

'You cannot pass!' he said.

With a bound the Balrog leaped full upon the bridge. Its whip whirled and hissed.

'He cannot stand alone!' cried Aragorn suddenly and ran back along the bridge. 'Elendil!' he shouted. 'I am with you, Gandalf!'

'Gondor!' cried Boromir and leaped after him.

At that moment Gandalf lifted his staff, and crying aloud he smote the bridge before him. The staff broke asunder and fell from his hand. A blinding sheet of white flame sprang up. The bridge cracked. Right at the Balrog's feet it broke, and the stone upon which it stood crashed into the gulf, while the rest remained, poised, quivering like a tongue of rock thrust out into emptiness.

With a terrible cry the Balrog fell forward, and its shadow plunged down and vanished. But even as it fell it swung its whip, and the thongs lashed and curled about the wizard's knees, dragging him to the brink. He staggered and fell, grasped vainly at the stone, and slid into the abyss. 'Fly, you fools!' he cried, and was gone.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Note: "You cannot pass" became for the movie the stronger "You shall not pass!"

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Sacred Fool - 06-23-2021

(06-22-2021, 11:23 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: This certitude that arises not from the acquisition of knowledge or the demonstration of competency at some task, but of the authentic contact with the true self, this is a power unto itself.

Hmmm.  I would respond to you that framing this in terms of power might be hitting beside the mark.  Of course, what you type is true in one sense, but the weight of that perspective is on a reference back to the illusion.  My guess is that Q'uo's bias is more in favour of 3D entities moving into a place of neutral centeredness rather than a place of deliberate power in the sense of defensiveness.

Maybe that's too fine a point, but it seems an important one to me: when finding one's footing in eternity, what role does power have to play?  In that context, how does the use of personal/impersonal power relate to the Law of One?

PS: Changing "cannot" to "shall not" strikes me as putting more emphasis on personal challenge and power than does the original word choice.

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Diana - 06-23-2021

Quote:In doing metaphysical work you need to find your center. You need to find what you are living for and what you would die for.

We read this whole passage recently in my study group. The bolded above is the only part I don't line up with. I free this sort of perspective tends toward the martyrdom Ra speaks of. (Oh dear, I've ended two sentences with a preposition. Tongue.)

(06-22-2021, 11:23 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: This certitude that arises not from the acquisition of knowledge or the demonstration of competency at some task, but of the authentic contact with the true self, this is a power unto itself.

I very much agree with this, based on my own experience since I was old enough to be aware of thoughts that can be expressed in words (hence, memories one can access; it is quite difficult to access pre-language memories). There is nothing wrong with the word power. I have always known I was a powerful being, and that all possibilities were open to me. This knowing, when I look back at childhood, helped me in every circumstance to withstand the challenges of this life.

(06-22-2021, 11:23 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: I don't think that this certainty in the self is inimical to the humble nature. It is only the standing upon the bedrock. In this awareness, humility should be natural for the self, for in order to reach this deep interior, the self has disidentified from many of the most superficial of the illusory husks, that which would contribute to inflated personality. And there the self finds strength which, when known in the full integrity of the self, when pure in the whole heart, and when unmitigated by doubt or distraction, becomes unconquerable to the negatively oriented being; this not through any specific training, per se, but by virtue of the qualities inherent in the light of beingness itself.

I so agree with this as well. Put another way, this idea is that of the objective observer, who sees the stage on which 3D (or early 4D as the case may be) is played upon (the Significator of the Mind), but is simultaneously aware of the bigger picture. What that bigger picture is can be debated, and considering we live under a veil, there is presumably no definite answer. But the recognition of this acting here based on the ephemeral (which is no less important than anything else, as it is how we learn and evolve), when done from the vantage point of the eternal self, is an integration that does indeed lead to an understanding of a truer picture of this reality, thus, the recognition of "illusory husks." This can't be forced, as none of evolution can. But we can practice, which opens up possibilities in the mind, and can lead to true evolution.

(06-22-2021, 11:23 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: It brought to mind the iconic scene of Gandalf on the bridge facing the Balrog. Knowing who he is, Gandalf declares himself and in so doing sets up a barrier beyond which the Balrog cannot pass.

I just love that scene. It indeed demonstrates this idea of the authentic self. And I will add to it my favorite quote of Gandalf's:

Quote:“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

This line of Gandalf's I feel lines up perfectly with a Wanderer's purpose. Not to fix things here (that is not to say a Wanderer can't wish things were better), but to utilize one's uniqueness in service to this world (and that would be true of the STO or the STS path), and to try to move forward in that service no matter how difficult it is here. And the perspective of the observer, or eternal self, coupled with the usefulness of the self which is acting here (the Significator[s]), is a good balance to achieve in that effort.

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Sacred Fool - 06-23-2021

Personally, I find it interesting to hold side-by-side a consideration of the matter (a) in relation to life in the 3D illusion and (b) having one foot in the illusion and one foot "in eternity," if you will. 

With the first, knowledge of self is something which affords a personality-self the integrity to travel on its way carrying a sense of groundedness in a deeper sense of being.  With the second, well, the way I would state it is, the personality self becomes one member of a meeting of a larger group of selves which are not traveling so much as balancing their energies.  Or maybe it would be more accurate to say, the personality-self balances its energies by traveling and having adventures with orcs and suchlike, while this other group balances its energies by sharing love and wisdom, by inspiration and creative offerings?

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Steppingfeet - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 02:15 AM)Sacred Fool Wrote: Hmmm.  I would respond to you that framing this in terms of power might be hitting beside the mark.  Of course, what you type is true in one sense, but the weight of that perspective is on a reference back to the illusion.  My guess is that Q'uo's bias is more in favour of 3D entities moving into a place of neutral centeredness rather than a place of deliberate power in the sense of defensiveness.

Maybe that's too fine a point, but it seems an important one to me: when finding one's footing in eternity, what role does power have to play?  In that context, how does the use of personal/impersonal power relate to the Law of One?

PS: Changing "cannot" to "shall not" strikes me as putting more emphasis on personal challenge and power than does the original word choice.

I was staying within Q'uo's frame of connecting to and standing upon this bedrock level of self specifically and exclusively in the context of challenging an outer planes contact. This is a necessary act of protecting the contact and circle from negative intrusion. It is one of the key innovations that Carla brought to Don's experiment with channeling, moving it upward a couple orders of magnitude. It continues to be a defining hallmark of L/L Research-style channeling.

And the dynamic betwixt he or she who stands firm in self-knowing and the boundary it creates across which the negatively oriented being cannot pass (Q'uo did mention a "brick wall") made me think of Gandalf's defining moment on the bridge.

Regarding "defensiveness" - I suppose much depends on how you define the term. Is it "defensive" to guard the contact against negative interference? With the appropriate connotation, perhaps one defends the connection. Is it "defensive" in the pejorative connotation of reactionary, attached to personality, unable to hear or receive criticism, etc? No, that should not come into play in challenging a contact.

When considering the bedrock self, there are many other frames of understanding and application outside of challenging an outer planes contact. Among those frames or lenses, the role of power is a very fruitful line of inquiry, certainly.

Diana, I look forward to bouncing off your reply later. : )

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Sacred Fool - 06-24-2021

(06-23-2021, 09:58 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: I was staying within Q'uo's frame of connecting to and standing upon this bedrock level of self specifically and exclusively in the context of challenging an outer planes contact. This is a necessary act of protecting the contact and circle from negative intrusion. It is one of the key innovations that Carla brought to Don's experiment with channeling, moving it upward a couple orders of magnitude. It continues to be a defining hallmark of L/L Research-style channeling.

And the dynamic betwixt he or she who stands firm in self-knowing and the boundary it creates across which the negatively oriented being cannot pass (Q'uo did mention a "brick wall") made me think of Gandalf's defining moment on the bridge.

Regarding "defensiveness" - I suppose much depends on how you define the term. Is it "defensive" to guard the contact against negative interference? With the appropriate connotation, perhaps one defends the connection. Is it "defensive" in the pejorative connotation of reactionary, attached to personality, unable to hear or receive criticism, etc? No, that should not come into play in challenging a contact.

Outer planes?  Do you mean inner planes?

Yes, to keep the contact clean, one should keep at bay those who would distort it for selfish purposes.  My point is that this is not a form of power, per se, but a point of integrity.  Again, this is fine point which would likely not resonate with many.  I feel it is quite important because to see it as an act of power invites personal distortion towards egotism.  Integrity does not equate with egotism in my view, Gandalf story or no Gandalf story.

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Diana - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:49 AM)Sacred Fool Wrote: Integrity does not equate with egotism in my view...

The sort of power that controls, if that is what you mean, as there is the idea of empowerment which is different, derives I think from the perceived lack of control, hence the desire TO control. Integrity derives from self-knowledge, and desires no control at all, and just is, and drives action that flows from the authentic self.

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Sacred Fool - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 09:44 AM)Diana Wrote: Integrity derives from self-knowledge, and desires no control at all, and just is, and drives action that flows from the authentic self.

Yes, that's why I quibbled with calling it a sort of power.

Quote:This certitude that arises not from the acquisition of knowledge or the demonstration of competency at some task, but of the authentic contact with the true self, this is a power unto itself.

To call it that, to my mind, confuses the issue.  It's not a power struggle but a clarification pf self-awareness, as I view it.

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Steppingfeet - 07-02-2021

Quote:In doing metaphysical work you need to find your center. You need to find what you are living for and what you would die for.

(06-23-2021, 11:35 AM)Diana Wrote: We read this whole passage recently in my study group. The bolded above is the only part I don't line up with. I free this sort of perspective tends toward the martyrdom Ra speaks of. (Oh dear, I've ended two sentences with a preposition. Tongue.)

It could lead the practitioner to martyrdom I suppose. I think that in finding that for which one would die, Carla was encouraging the instrument to find that key value, that which was the utmost importance to the self. It is not to say necessarily that one wants to die for any particular purpose, or that one will seek out such end, just that, when push comes to shove, what principle is so important to the self that, rather than betray or compromise this core value, central as it is to the integrity of self, one would release the incarnation. Death for something is the ultimate declaration in our third-density situation of that which is most important to us.

In other words, it it something of a filter or metric for finding our core value(s) and vibration(s).

And as Carla is the best most masterful channel we have yet known, building these protocols as she did, I'm inclined to follow her lead, though martyrdom is not my path, I don't think.

And English sentences can end with prepositions! Latin cannot, and it was some dudes a couple/few hundreds years ago who set the prohibition on ending with prepositions because they transposed Latinate rules onto English (much to the consternation of generations of school children). Though a sentence can sound classier at times if ending in a preposition it does not. : )

(06-23-2021, 11:35 AM)Diana Wrote: I very much agree with this, based on my own experience since I was old enough to be aware of thoughts that can be expressed in words (hence, memories one can access; it is quite difficult to access pre-language memories). There is nothing wrong with the word power. I have always known I was a powerful being, and that all possibilities were open to me. This knowing, when I look back at childhood, helped me in every circumstance to withstand the challenges of this life.

It sounds like this awareness has stood you in good stead! It's also perhaps granted you a measure of independence from the influence of others. I did not hold this awareness as a child and, while my own self to a degree, I was also very much pushed and pulled by the whims of others.

There is negative and positive power; power for negative uses and power for positive uses.

Quote:50.6 Ra: The negatively oriented being will be one who feels that it has found power that gives meaning to its existence precisely as the positive polarization does feel.

In fact, polarity is power. And it is a balanced view of power which sees that no device on Earth, no mind/body/spirit complex, and indeed no process in the universe moves without power.

Is it harnessed? Is it used for polarizing and evolving? Or is the entity without power and "helpless" for lack of making the Choice?

Quote:19.18 Ra: The further an entity has, what you would call, polarized, the more easily this entity may change polarity, for the more power and awareness the entity will have. Those truly helpless are those who have not consciously chosen but who repeat patterns without knowledge of the repetition or the meaning of the pattern.

(06-23-2021, 11:35 AM)Diana Wrote: And I will add to it my favorite quote of Gandalf's:

Quote:“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

(06-23-2021, 11:35 AM)Diana Wrote: This line of Gandalf's I feel lines up perfectly with a Wanderer's purpose. Not to fix things here (that is not to say a Wanderer can't wish things were better), but to utilize one's uniqueness in service to this world (and that would be true of the STO or the STS path), and to try to move forward in that service no matter how difficult it is here. And the perspective of the observer, or eternal self, coupled with the usefulness of the self which is acting here (the Significator[s]), is a good balance to achieve in that effort.

Both the quote and your interpretation are great, thank you. For me, the quote, especially the bolded part, encourages a relaxation and surrender of the resistance or rejection of the hard circumstance that arise in anyone's life. There is always a part that says "No, I don't want this." or "No, this is uncomfortable/painful/too difficult," etc. Certainly we must be sensitive to the friction that arises when we are not in alignment with our integrity, or in a circumstance which would be best to exit, but so often the catalyst of our growth, the catalyst which we called into being and/or generated ourselves, unconscious tho the process may be, is resisted.

So the bolded part speaks to me of the necessity of facing the challenges before one.

(06-24-2021, 01:49 AM)Sacred Fool Wrote: Outer planes?  Do you mean inner planes?

Confederation sources are outer planes contact, thus the necessity for a minimum of three people to achieve and safely sustain the universal contact. Inner planes, in the terminology and understanding of L/L Research channeling, can be safely undertaken alone. It consists of the higher self, one's personal guidance system, angels, discarnate third-density entities, etc.

(06-24-2021, 01:49 AM)Sacred Fool Wrote: Yes, to keep the contact clean, one should keep at bay those who would distort it for selfish purposes.  My point is that this is not a form of power, per se, but a point of integrity.  Again, this is fine point which would likely not resonate with many.  I feel it is quite important because to see it as an act of power invites personal distortion towards egotism.  Integrity does not equate with egotism in my view, Gandalf story or no Gandalf story.

I have trouble understanding that it is "not a form of power." It is literally a power.

However, if you mean that to frame it strictly as a story of power could invite egotism, sure. If one is seeing such a moment as "You should have seen me! I flexed my muscle, did a round house kick, and the negative entity never stood a chance! I was super badass." then one is working with an inflated sense of self. Same if one dwells on or makes aggrandized identity of their "superior" power.

But as I said: I don't think that this certainty in the self is inimical to the humble nature. It is only the standing upon the bedrock. In this awareness, humility should be natural for the self, for in order to reach this deep interior, the self has disidentified from many of the most superficial of the illusory husks, that which would contribute to inflated personality. And there the self finds strength which, when known in the full integrity of the self, when pure in the whole heart, and when unmitigated by doubt or distraction, becomes unconquerable to the negatively oriented being; this not through any specific training, per se, but by virtue of the qualities inherent in the light of beingness itself.

"Humility should be natural for the self" because one is not identifying as the personality in this place. One has, instead, drilled down to bedrock, to essence, to core vibration, to that principle which is not of the small self, as it were, but which is a property of the greater self.

In that deeper self is, indeed, power. And also love. And wisdom. And integrity. And truth. And the "qualities inherent in the light of beingness itself," not the amazing abilities of the personality shell, is that which creates the boundary against which the negative entity cannot pass.

Though, as the Ra contact demonstrates, additional magical ritual does help.

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Margan - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 08:17 AM)Steppingfeet Wrote:

(06-23-2021, 11:35 AM)Diana Wrote: We read this whole passage recently in my study group. The bolded above is the only part I don't line up with. I free this sort of perspective tends toward the martyrdom Ra speaks of. (Oh dear, I've ended two sentences with a preposition. Tongue.)

It could lead the practitioner to martyrdom I suppose. I think that in finding that for which one would die, Carla was encouraging the instrument to find that key value, that which was the utmost importance to the self. It is not to say necessarily that one wants to die for any particular purpose, or that one will seek out such end, just that, when push comes to shove, what principle is so important to the self that, rather than betray or compromise this core value, central as it is to the integrity of self, one would release the incarnation. Death for something is the ultimate declaration in our third-density situation of that which is most important to us.

Yes I see it as Steppingfeet so aptly described, I think in order to get the best results in metaphysical work it should be the most important thing in one's life.
You have to want it more than anything else, to find your true self or what is commonly termed as "enlightenment".... get rid of all the other desires and focus solely on that.
I would not see it as martyrdom, rather as an "insanely intense focus", to the point that all else is secondary Smile

Here is a Zen story, that describes what I mean:

"A hermit was meditating by a river when a young man interrupted him. "Master, I wish to become your disciple," said the man. "Why?" replied the hermit. The young man thought for a moment. "Because I want to find God."

The master jumped up, grabbed him by the scruff of his neck, dragged him into the river, and plunged his head under water. After holding him there for a minute, with him kicking and struggling to free himself, the master finally pulled him up out of the river. The young man coughed up water and gasped to get his breath. When he eventually quieted down, the master spoke. "Tell me, what did you want most of all when you were under water."

"Air!" answered the man.

"Very well," said the master. "Go home and come back to me when you want God as much as you just wanted air."

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - flofrog - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 10:38 AM)Margan Wrote: Yes I see it as Steppingfeet so aptly described, I think in order to get the best results in metaphysical work it should be the most important thing in one's life.
You have to want it more than anything else, to find your true self or what is commonly termed as "enlightenment".... get rid of all the other desires and focus solely on that.
I would not see it as martyrdom, rather as an "insanely intense focus", to the point that all else is secondary  Smile

Here is a Zen story, that describes what I mean:

"A hermit was meditating by a river when a young man interrupted him. "Master, I wish to become your disciple," said the man. "Why?" replied the hermit. The young man thought for a moment. "Because I want to find God."

The master jumped up, grabbed him by the scruff of his neck, dragged him into the river, and plunged his head under water. After holding him there for a minute, with him kicking and struggling to free himself, the master finally pulled him up out of the river. The young man coughed up water and gasped to get his breath. When he eventually quieted down, the master spoke. "Tell me, what did you want most of all when you were under water."

"Air!" answered the man.

"Very well," said the master. "Go home and come back to me when you want God as much as you just wanted air."

Heart

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Sacred Fool - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 08:17 AM)Steppingfeet Wrote: In fact, polarity is power. And it is a balanced view of power which sees that no device on Earth, no mind/body/spirit complex, and indeed no process in the universe moves without power.

We seem to be viewing this through different heads, old Bean.  From my perspective, the process of purifying one's contact--or one's being, for that matter--does not involve a transmission of force.  (If there is one, please explain it to me.)  Likewise, polarity is not a act of transmission of force.  Having one's polarity inspected on the Stairs of Light involves no transmission of force.  These things are not about "doing" at all.  They are not about anything extrinsic of the deep self.  They are about being.
Is that a form of power?  Polarity implies an ability to do work, but in this context, that's not a relevant factor because the true work involves no work: it's, again, about being.

(07-02-2021, 08:17 AM)Steppingfeet Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 01:49 AM)Sacred Fool Wrote: Outer planes?  Do you mean inner planes?

Confederation sources are outer planes contact, thus the necessity for a minimum of three people to achieve and safely sustain the universal contact. Inner planes, in the terminology and understanding of L/L Research channeling, can be safely undertaken alone. It consists of the higher self, one's personal guidance system, angels, discarnate third-density entities, etc.

Please help me with this one.  Why is communing with a non-incarnate Confederation entity an outer planes contact when contact with any like entity on the inner planes (not face to face) is an inner planes contact?  No comprende, amigo.

(07-02-2021, 04:28 PM)Sacred Fool Wrote: We seem to be viewing this through different heads, old Bean.  From my perspective, the process of purifying one's contact--or one's being, for that matter--does not involve a transmission of force.  (If there is one, please explain it to me.)  Likewise, polarity is not a act of transmission of force.  Having one's polarity inspected on the Stairs of Light involves no transmission of force.  These things are not about "doing" at all.  They are not about anything extrinsic of the deep self.  They are about being.

Is that a form of power?  Polarity implies an ability to do work, but in this context, that's not a relevant factor because the true work involves no work: it's, again, about being.

Two heads. Ha. Indeed.

I wasn't knowingly working with this idea of "transmission of force." I was just speaking about challenging the contact in the name of principle most important to the instrument. That principle should be connected with one's core vibration, that bedrock of which I spoke. And in that principle and that vibration is a power unto itself. That power helps to create a boundary across which the negative entity cannot encroach.

Ra speaks to the challenging here:

[/url]
Quote:[url=https://www.lawofone.info/s/89]89.6 Questioner: This question may be meaningless but would a fifth-density entity of the Confederation who was positively polarized transmit on the same frequency as our negatively polarized fifth-density companion?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and is the reason that the questioning of all contacts is welcomed by the Confederation of Planets in the Service of the Infinite Creator.

The challenge is posed in the form of a question. E.g.: "Do you come in the name of unconditional love?" Or, "Do you honor the love that is universal, that is without limit, that is for everyone whatever their deeds or misdeeds?" And variations thereof.

I don't understand your term "transmission of force" sufficiently to puzzle how it applies to this equation. Has a force been transmitted in the process of challenging? Perhaps.

Is a force transmitted when the Guardians patrolling the quarantine issue their hail to the approaching entity in the name of the One Creator? I would suppose that any interaction, positive or negative or mixed or unpolarized, between any two entities, transmits force of some sort or another.

But in order for the Guardians to emit that hail, they, like the instrument, must issue it in their own integrity. I would imagine that if they did not authentically seek and/or embody the vibration they use to hail the approaching entity, they could not hold that vibration.

(07-02-2021, 08:17 AM)Steppingfeet Wrote: Confederation sources are outer planes contact, thus the necessity for a minimum of three people to achieve and safely sustain the universal contact. Inner planes, in the terminology and understanding of L/L Research channeling, can be safely undertaken alone. It consists of the higher self, one's personal guidance system, angels, discarnate third-density entities, etc.

(07-02-2021, 04:28 PM)Sacred Fool Wrote: Please help me with this one.  Why is communing with a non-incarnate Confederation entity an outer planes contact when contact with any like entity on the inner planes (not face to face) is an inner planes contact?  No comprende, amigo.

They're not the most elucidating terms, I'll give you that, but they're what we have to work with. Honestly I'm not entirely sure about the origin of these terms. My understanding, limited though it may be, is that the outer planes are realms constituted of manifest entities. (I would say that those of space/time were of the outer planes and those of time/space were of the inner, but that would only reliably apply to third density, as I do not understand how s/t and t/s work in the higher densities when the veil does not create the illusion of separation between the two.)

Perhaps it might be that "outer planes" is a term used to denote those entities which are external to the self and the planet. Whereas "inner planes" references those discarnate entities within one's personal soul stream (guidance, teachers, higher self) or the planet's time/space realms (discarnate humans between lives, angels, etc.).

Margan, I love that story. I've seen the same notion echoed in the Confederation philosophy and among other mystical teachers. Will and desire (in conjunction with faith) are the great keys. As Ra says:

Quote:52.7 Your faculty of will is that which is powerful within you as co-Creator. You cannot ascribe to this faculty too much importance.

And then they give an important caution:

Quote:Thus it must be carefully used and directed in service to others for those upon the positively oriented path. There is great danger in the use of the will as the personality becomes stronger, for it may be used even subconsciously in ways reducing the polarity of the entity.

Here we go. Page 476 of A Wanderer's Handbook, Carla says:

"I found that there were two basic kinds of vocal channeling, that of one’s own inner-planes guidance, and that of outer-planes or allegedly extraterrestrial sources. Channeling one’s own guidance for one’s own edification, I found, is a fairly safe endeavor, for guidance is within one’s own aura."

Clear now?

Ha. I know. It doesn't explain anything. I'll try to remember to go on an archaeological dig sometime to see if I can locate a more thorough explanation, then we can meet on the halfway-planes.

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - flofrog - 07-02-2021

(05-21-2021, 11:23 PM)Sacred Fool Wrote:  
 https://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2010/2010_1106.aspx

Within the deep illusion of Earth it is not necessary to examine who one is because one is what one appears to be. The people about you take in your physical looks, your age, your sexuality, your station in life and other things about you—how you move, how you speak—and they assume various things about you which, taken on average, is close enough to the reality of who you appear to be. And the true self that lies within can remain undiscovered. This is not the self with which one needs to be familiar. This is not the self whose nature you need to know in doing metaphysical work.

This is just the beginning of this long and really interesting transcript.

When I first read it some weeks ago, I had this thought that it seems often we’ll have encounters with apparent strangers where precisely we do go suddenly, nearly immediately,  beyond the appearance of physical look,  age,  sexuality, station in life and where you say to yourself, I know this one, I know the essence of this one, this one is a close one, we are the same planet, it’s a blissful feeling of recognition.

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Sacred Fool - 07-05-2021

(07-02-2021, 04:58 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: (I would say that those of space/time were of the outer planes and those of time/space were of the inner, but that would only reliably apply to third density, as I do not understand how s/t and t/s work in the higher densities when the veil does not create the illusion of separation between the two.)

This is my understanding of it also, and I expect it does apply in higher densities.  As I understand it, in higher densities one takes incarnation into an illusion, and when this completed, the entity moves to an inner planes realm where one reviews the incarnation and determines what sort of incarnation one should take next.  There seems to be some kind of mechanism whereby the incarnate state is separated from the disincarnate state.

Anywho, a disincarnate (inner planes) entity would seem to make for an inner planes contact according to simple logic.

As regards the question about whether the act of excluding intrusive entities from such a contact entails a transmission of power (like your Gandalf thumping his staff or drawing his sword and fighting) or is more akin to simply creating a resonant field of working which passively excludes other resonances, I'm afraid I've lost interest in that argument.  Sorry.  You can call it power if you like and I'll bother you about it no more.

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Steppingfeet - 07-07-2021

(07-05-2021, 01:17 AM)Sacred Fool Wrote: This is my understanding of it also, and I expect it does apply in higher densities.  As I understand it, in higher densities one takes incarnation into an illusion, and when this completed, the entity moves to an inner planes realm where one reviews the incarnation and determines what sort of incarnation one should take next.  There seems to be some kind of mechanism whereby the incarnate state is separated from the disincarnate state.

Anywho, a disincarnate (inner planes) entity would seem to make for an inner planes contact according to simple logic.

The plane of the incarnate and the plane of the discarnate would make sense to a point. I vaguely recall reincarnative cycles for 4th and 5th density, but I don't remember what Ra said of sixth where they have literally become light.

I asked Jim about the origin of the terms "inner planes" and "outer planes." He couldn't recall but pointed me to this Q&A:

Quote:17.38 Questioner: Well, does each . . . does . . . this is difficult. Our physical plane—are there seven sub-planes to what we call our physical plane here?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct. This is difficult to understand.

There are an infinite number of planes. In your particular space/time-continuum distortion there are seven sub-planes of mind/body/spirit complexes. You will discover the vibrational nature of these seven planes as you pass through your experiential distortions, meeting other-selves of the various levels which correspond to the energy influx centers of the physical vehicle.

The invisible, or inner, third-density planes are inhabited by those who are not of body complex natures such as yours; that is, they do not collect about their spirit/mind complexes a chemical body. Nevertheless, these entities are divided in what you may call an artificial dream within a dream into various levels. In the upper levels desire to communicate knowledge back down to the outer planes of existence becomes less, due to the intensive learn/teaching which occurs upon these levels.”

To which Jim added:

"So Don’s question seems focused on our physical plane, which I would also take to mean the outer planes because of the way that Ra responds to Don’s question first by saying that: You will discover the vibrational nature of these seven planes as you pass through your experiential distortions, meeting other-selves of the various levels which correspond to the energy influx centers of the physical vehicle.

So the outer/physical planes are where we live our lives within the third-density illusion. There could also be higher density ET beings that enter into our outer planes as we are all aware of UFOs within our third-density experience.

And I would agree that our guides and other discarnate entities would inhabit the inner planes. Ra speaks of these entities in their third paragraph. In the last sentence of the third paragraph Ra mentions one relationship between the inner planes and outer planes in their statement: In the upper levels desire to communicate knowledge back down to the outer planes of existence becomes less, due to the intensive learn/teaching which occurs upon these levels.

I take that to mean that the beings who exist in the higher inner plane realms are so involved with their own learning that they are not able to remove their focus from their own intensive learning experience, and this would reduce any communications from them to the outer planes of our third-density experience."

(07-05-2021, 01:17 AM)Sacred Fool Wrote: As regards the question about whether the act of excluding intrusive entities from such a contact entails a transmission of power (like your Gandalf thumping his staff or drawing his sword and fighting) or is more akin to simply creating a resonant field of working which passively excludes other resonances... 

"resonant field of working which passively excludes other resonances" - that's a clarifying and helpful way to look at it. Whether someone thumps a staff down afterward could just be theatrical flourish. Personally, I would just add more cow bell.

RE: Knowing Yourself.....in earnest - Sacred Fool - 07-07-2021

(07-07-2021, 05:11 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: Personally, I would just add more cow bell.

I am cowed into silence by your noisy choice of ornamentation.....but I'll get over it and moooooooove on eventually, I'm sure.

Okay, slightly more seriously, as we now seem to agree on the definition of inner and outer planes, would you now agree that to channel a Confederation entity is to make an inner planes contact?  And if so, then perhaps--just for the sake of any who might actually read this--you should clarify the reason why LLR recommends not channeling alone when channeling Confederation sources as compared with chatting with your own guides, higher self, etc.?  How does that distinction appear from within a more cowbell vortex?