Bring4th
How to help those with Depression and Suicidality - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: How to help those with Depression and Suicidality (/showthread.php?tid=18905)

How to help those with Depression and Suicidality - Graemett - 02-08-2021

I've wondered for a while what is the best way to serve someone thinking of ending their life, Teaching them about how awareness is not in the body in the first place is probably not the way, nor is saying they should stay because everyone would miss them. Have any of you had experience helping people with severe mental illness? This topic is relevant to the Ra material obviously because of Don's passing in 84, so I imagine many of you would have considered how to aid in these situations.

RE: How to help those with Depression and Suicidality - Diana - 02-08-2021

In retrospect, having known someone very close who took their life, the only thing I can say is to be there for support, and listen. Love them as much as you can. If they decide to do it, it must be their choice.

In Don's case it is difficult to say. As far as I can tell, intervening did not help.

I have actually worked with teenagers who were mentally unstable—teaching art—when I was in my 20s. I will say that again, listening, so they feel seen and heard, is helpful. And the other thing was that I let them express themselves freely with art. I never set projects or expectations. I didn't give out grades. I just put out the materials and let them have at it. They worked out a lot of aggression and expressed a lot of feelings that way.

If there is severe mental illness, that would be beyond my scope to say.

RE: How to help those with Depression and Suicidality - Graemett - 02-08-2021

(02-08-2021, 06:58 PM)Diana Wrote: In retrospect, having known someone very close who took their life, the only thing I can say is to be there for support, and listen. Love them as much as you can. If they decide to do it, it must be their choice.

In Don's case it is difficult to say. As far as I can tell, intervening did not help.

My uncle took his life a few years ago, didn't know him too well but he had very strong sociopathic tendencies, I wish him the best in his path back to the creator.

RE: How to help those with Depression and Suicidality - Minyatur - 02-08-2021

Based on recent research and my own personal experiences, I would probably put on my shamanic mantle and offer a psychedelic experience (magic mushroom) to the person if I feel they have a strong will to get better.

Otherwise, I think it is a slow work that requires patience and simply a lot of good will, remembering that any healer is "responsible only for offering the opportunity of healing, and not for the healing".

RE: How to help those with Depression and Suicidality - Graemett - 02-08-2021

(02-08-2021, 07:51 PM)Minyatur Wrote: Based on recent research and my own personal experiences, I would probably put on my shamanic mantle and offer a psychedelic experience (magic mushroom) to the person if I feel they have a strong will to get better.

Otherwise, I think it is a slow work that requires patience and simply a lot of good will, remembering that any healer is "responsible only for offering the opportunity of healing, and not for the healing".

I don't know about anyone else, but in my psychedelic experiences the main message was always, "why are you taking this so seriously? you're just doing it to yourself."
If that's not the best message to hear when depressed idk what is.

RE: How to help those with Depression and Suicidality - jafar - 02-17-2021

“If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.”
― Lao Tzu, Tao The Ching

First is of course not to even try to change that some one.
By telling them, if they want to die then go ahead and die.
That statement somehow have a 'weird' effect..

As usually the more opposition that you show, the more 'willing' they will become to die.
“Give evil nothing to oppose and it will disappear by itself.”
― Lao Tzu, Tao The Ching

And usually they will 'explain' the 'reason' why they wanted to die.

Based on my experience the 'standard reply' will be 'all the thing that you're thinking / feeling right now actually doesn't matter'.
It matter only because you think it does matter.

“Stop thinking, and end your problems.
What difference between yes and no?
What difference between success and failure?
Must you value what others value,
avoid what others avoid?
How ridiculous!"

― Lao Tzu, Tao The Ching

'A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.'
― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching