Bring4th
Semantics keep people divided - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Semantics keep people divided (/showthread.php?tid=18769)

Semantics keep people divided - meadow-foreigner - 12-11-2020

On several occasions, the main cause of the notion of separateness and conflict can be summarized in semantics only.
  • Take your standard Christian preacher, who insists that the only route to transcendence is, obligatorily, through Christ;
  • Or your standard Theravāda Buddhist monk, who states that only through the Eightfold Path one might attain transcendence.
You get the idea. The list goes on indefinitely.

Such is the attachment of the rational mind to structured concepts and ideas in order to make sense to reality as it knows it.

The same applies to this forum. People are so attached to transcripts spoken by a limited person with a limited vocabulary and a limited knowledge pool (such as any other human being) that they might often overlook the very essence of the teaching: All that there is, it's because The Creator wills to experience the full extent of The Creation, or Itself. That's it.

People seem to be so passionately in want to graduate, to get the hell out of 3D, that isn't infrequent the excessive rationalizations and disagreements with other-selves, in a place that is supposed to be STO oriented such as this.

It seems prevalent, especially considering the average age of users here, that resistance to change is a thing to be attached to.

Quote:"According to this quote right here, to this scripture right here, to this passage right here, it says this and that about this issue"

• Can't you think with your own minds and still be equally as open to other-selves?
• Can't you refrain from judgment of value, especially when it comes to the so-called "harvest" (which may not be what is thought to be)?
• Aren't you capable of seeing more similarities than differences?
• Are you so stubborn that you'd rather not consider the possibility of learning and expanding your whole soul when relating to other-selves?

The Earthen SMC is already formed, regardless of old folks not being aware of it. Subconscious communication happens on a daily basis, whether your RAM conscious mind is aware of it or not. In a place that is considered to be a STO haven, you seem to be really serving only your own selves with the threads and posts that are made here.

How is it that you seem to be so devoted to knowing every bit of detail of externally channeled (and very limited) sources, yet you barely seem to know your own selves, especially when in relation to other-selves?

How is it that you're still discussing politics?

How is it that you're seemingly stuck in the eighties?

Are you even aware of the changes in the energetic dynamics that have taken place after 2012?

How is it that you apparently engage only with posts and concepts that are already within your accommodation zone? How much do you learn and grow by doing this?

How come that often here the concept of graduation and polarity is treated from a purely mental perspective, instead of from a place of the higher feeling center?

Would you rather stop learning in your current incarnation, leaving to future lives all the work to do, under the guise of patience and the insidiousness of "all is well and there's a time for everything"; allowing, through your lack of action, other-selves to be harmed because of your not-living to your maximum capability?

Or would you rather be attached to semantics and find differences when there is only oneness?

RE: Semantics keep people divided - Black Dragon - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 10:32 AM)meadow-foreigner Wrote: How come that often here the concept of graduation and polarity is treated from a purely mental perspective, instead of from a place of the higher feeling center?

Well said. I agree with some of the things you've expressed. Others, I agree to disagree to some extent, but I see the point you are trying to make. This quote right here though is 100% true. There's many people who look at a choice of polarity as some practical matter like choosing between driving to work or taking the train. It's about knowing the self-if you know who you are as a person you know what's right based on your own heart and own principles. That requires being true to the self from a wisdom and intellectual perspective, but also requires tapping into one's "higher feeling center". Doesn't mean anyone's 100% perfect all the time, but that's what makes a choice of polarity legitimate: knowing the self and being true to the self.

Also, emotions are undervalued by many. There's a quote in the material about that somewhere(no I can't memorize the exact passage like clockwork cause I'm not wired like that either). Most people are either controlled and driven by their emotions like a volatile volcano(guilty to some extent) or they fear and repress them in some forced stoicism/discipline/control distortion. The second kind(if STO inclined) are usually cynical from running from/trying to separate/dissociate from their emotions and making weighty sacrifices and denying the self all the time and never stopping to make their inner child happy or appreciate lightness and joy. Either extreme can be a slippery slope to rapid depolarization/self destruction or even flipping to the opposite path.

RE: Semantics keep people divided - Sacred Fool - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 10:32 AM)meadow-foreigner Wrote:
  • Take your standard Christian preacher, who insists that the only route to transcendence is, obligatorily, through Christ;
  • Or your standard Theravāda Buddhist monk, who states that only through the Eightfold Path one might attain transcendence.

So, some people insist that others do things according to their designs, and now you're complaining endlessly about that because you feel that's improper according to your designs?  Do I have that right?

RE: Semantics keep people divided - Diana - 12-11-2020

One of the answers to your questions is: free will. Smile

I'm curious, what is the average age of the users here and how is that relevant?

What a younger person, or someone less experienced in life, may not know is that you can't enlighten people. You can't tell them the(your) truth and have them just understand it, change, and follow your understandings. Everyone must find and understand truth for themselves. By being who you are, you extend your understandings to others, and that is much as you can do in that regard in my opinion. 

That said, there are other purposes for discussing matters that have to do with but lay beyond this 3D reality (my way of saying "spiritual" things). It is a way to stretch one's wings, to talk about things that matter, to rub up against others who may align in one area but not in another. I first posted here in part just to hone my communication skills as a writer (which seems really selfish) but in doing so I also expressed my unique views (as does everyone).

It's true that most people don't like getting out of their comfort zones. This can be a way of controlling the utter vastness of the unknown and even current reality, which can be very scary or overwhelming. Certain personality types are more prone to jumping into that vastness.

As far as semantics, I will take the subject of religions. A person who believes in a certain religion, let's say Christianity, may be walking a path toward the same unity as any other STO path. But that does not negate the fact that the Christian bible is full of violence and negative practices, and that organized religion is controlling. This is just a fact in my opinion (rather an oxymoron I know). My point is that for anyone who cares about others—humans and indeed all life on this planet—the consideration of world monotheistic religions is of concern. And while one may understand that transient 3D human matters will unfold as they will, one may still wish for evolution of consciousness out of the negative influences of institutions such as organized religion. So perhaps a discussion exists here on the forums regarding that arises. 

Anyway, I agree that open-mindedness and the allowance of the bigger picture into one's consciousness is preferable to beliefs that limit. But everyone is in a different place, and dynamically so, so it's not possible really to judge who is where in a linear way. 

There is that tricky balance between STO and free will. It creates detachment eventually.

Quote:80.10  

Ra: I am Ra. ...It is also to be noted that an adept is one which has freed itself more and more from the constraints of the thoughts, opinions, and bonds of other-selves. Whether this is done for service to others or service to self, it is a necessary part of the awakening of the adept. This freedom is seen by those not free as what you would call evil or black. The magic is recognized; the nature is often not.

RE: Semantics keep people divided - Ohr Ein Sof - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 02:31 PM)peregrine Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 10:32 AM)meadow-foreigner Wrote:

So, some people insist that others do things according to their designs, and now you're complaining endlessly about that because you feel that's improper according to your designs?  Do I have that right?

Eggs actly. Point on.
If we are truly balancing, then none of this petty bickering should bother us. If it bothers you in any way at all, probably should investigate why. And, I think Diane said Free Will. Annnnnd, well, that's all folks. Free Will. Two small but very powerful words. Free Will.

RE: Semantics keep people divided - unity100 - 12-13-2020

(12-11-2020, 10:32 AM)meadow-foreigner Wrote: The Earthen SMC is already formed

It is forming. It did not form yet.

RE: Semantics keep people divided - Glow - 12-13-2020

Language is a veil.

Interestingly enough our thoughts in words are even a veil to ourselves. The subconscious.

You bring judgement in a post about how others choose to seek - but judgement is not exactly STO either. We are all veiled and confused and trying our best.

Unveiled I understand you are frustrated. That’s more than fair.

RE: Semantics keep people divided - Asolsutsesvyl - 12-14-2020

This is one of those times when I've read something criticizing how people are in this community, where the general points made apply even more strongly - one or several orders of magnitude more strongly - to another community I used to be part of earlier. Though, unlike some earlier criticisms (e.g. the "cult-like" accusation) it's also fairly easy for me to see how a selective attention could make the whole here look like it really fits. (And a selective attention comes easily when some particular issue has become more personally pressing, including for more purely inner-developmental reasons.)

RE: Semantics keep people divided - Patrick - 12-15-2020

I like changing my mind often.  Something I believe to be false can become true latter on.

And I REALLY appreciate freewill when that happens.  I think to myself, look what would have happened if I had been allowed to silence the differing opinion.

For example, let's say the covid vaccine really does transform people into zombies.  I will really be happy that the anti-vaxxers were allowed to share their opinion, thus saving many people.  For now I think they are wrong, but like I said I also know that I can change my mind.

So adding semantics in all that just makes me even happier about freewill.  Because people in agreement can believe they disagree just because of semantics.  Of course, maybe this should all be obvious, because after all: words are distortions, this density is not of knowing, etc, etc, etc... Smile

RE: Semantics keep people divided - flofrog - 12-15-2020

I love what you say Patrick.. and it enhances too the bliss when you silently feel alongside another entity, as in passing over the semantics... Wink

RE: Semantics keep people divided - Sacred Fool - 12-15-2020

Look, if you don't like The Semantics any more, then just move on to another band.  Why are people making such a big over this?

<sigh>  I just don't get it.

RE: Semantics keep people divided - Aion - 12-15-2020

Quote:17.2 ▶ Questioner: Is it possible to help an entity to reach fourth-density level in these last days?

Ra: I am Ra. It is impossible to help another being directly. It is only possible to make catalyst available in whatever form, the most important being the radiation of realization of oneness with the Creator from the self, less important being information such as we share with you.

We, ourselves, do not feel an urgency for this information to be widely disseminated. It is enough that we have made it available to three, four, or five. This is extremely ample reward, for if one of these obtains fourth-density understanding due to this catalyst then we shall have fulfilled the Law of One in the distortion of service.

We encourage a dispassionate attempt to share information without concern for numbers or quick growth among others. That you attempt to make this information available is, in your term, your service. The attempt, if it reaches one, reaches all.

We cannot offer shortcuts to enlightenment. Enlightenment is of the moment, is an opening to intelligent infinity. It can only be accomplished by the self, for the self. Another self cannot teach/learn enlightenment, but only teach/learn information, inspiration, or a sharing of love, of mystery, of the unknown that makes the other-self reach out and begin the seeking process that ends in a moment, but who can know when an entity will open the gate to the present?

Quote:18.5 ▶ Questioner: Thank you. I have a question here from Jim that I will read verbatim: “Much of the mystic tradition of seeking on Earth holds that belief that the individual self must be erased or obliterated and the material world ignored for an entity to reach ‘nirvana,’ as it’s called, or enlightenment. What is the proper role of the individual self and its worldly activities in aiding an entity to grow more into the Law of One?”

Ra: I am Ra. The proper role of the entity is in this density to experience all things desired, to then analyze, understand, and accept these experiences, distilling from them the love/light within them. Nothing shall be overcome. That which is not needed falls away.

The orientation develops due to analysis of desire. These desires become more and more distorted towards conscious application of love/light as the entity furnishes itself with distilled experience. We have found it to be inappropriate in the extreme to encourage the overcoming of any desires, except to suggest the imagination rather than the carrying out in the physical plane, as you call it, of those desires not consonant with the Law of One; this preserving the primal distortion of free will.

The reason it is unwise to overcome is that overcoming is an unbalanced action creating difficulties in balancing in the time/space continuum. Overcoming thus creates the further environment for holding onto that which apparently has been overcome.

All things are acceptable in the proper time for each entity, and in experiencing, in understanding, in accepting, in then sharing with other-selves, the appropriate description shall be moving away from distortions of one kind to distortions of another which may be more consonant with the Law of One.

It is, shall we say, a shortcut to simply ignore or overcome any desire. It must instead be understood and accepted. This takes patience and experience which can be analyzed with care, with compassion for self and for other-self.