Bring4th
Daily rituals – morning routines - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Daily rituals – morning routines (/showthread.php?tid=18603)

Daily rituals – morning routines - JerryF - 10-11-2020

Do you have morning rituals or routines that you care to share that work for you to set your state of mind, focus your attention, or to receive inspiration?

My morning activities usually include these types of actions:

Writing down dreams from the previous night
Stretching
Breathing exercises
Sound meditation
Reviewing printouts of intentions / affirmations
Visualizing what I want to achieve today

Stretching
I use most of the Tai-Chi warmup stretching exercises demonstrated by Chris Pei in a YouTube video.  Just the warmup, not the slow-moving subsequent Tai Chi exercises.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3QM9hB1pPg

I sometimes use a simple variation of one of Yogananda’s energization exercises:  alternately tensing and relaxing the body.

Sound Meditation
I play my trombone along with recordings of steady pitches, trying to blend in with what I am listening to and not holding onto any thoughts.  This sometimes results in receiving intuitive nudges on things to do and communications to make.

Reviewing Intentions/Affirmations

I like to review lists of some of my favorite quotes and guidelines – ideas that I would like to become more a part of my consciousness and life.  When reviewing items from those lists I sometimes pause to consider how I might manifest each concept today.

Examples

Today I offer myself as a channel of blessings to others
Today I offer myself as a channel of love, joy, truth . . . *

*  The above two statements were partly inspired by Edgar Cayce trance advice:

“To be a channel of blessing to others is that purpose for which each soul has come into conscious activity in a material world.”  Reading 3161-1

* also derived from the idea “We are all channels.  What are you channeling?”
I forget where I read that.  Maybe something Carla wrote.  I recently checked in her Channeling Handbook and could not find it.

Two more examples of reminders/statements of intention:

Spend more time in your element

Build a community of those whom you love and those who love you.

[that one is a modification of a quote by Mitch Albom:
“Build a little community of those you love and who love you.”]

Jerry

RE: Daily rituals – morning routines - cherria - 10-11-2020

(10-11-2020, 08:08 PM)JerryF Wrote: Do you have morning rituals or routines that you care to share that work for you to set your state of mind, focus your attention, or to receive inspiration?

My spiritual morning routine to get me in the nice mindset for the rest of the day:

Prayers which consist of
Gratidude for my day.
Sending light/love to my friends, family, myself, and Earth.
Asking for a higher perspective on my catalysts so that I can learn from them.

Silent meditation for healing and balancing of my chakras and/or something that I want answers for.

I try to keep my spiritual routine in the morning smaller so that I do not procrastinate since I am usually tired Tongue

RE: Daily rituals – morning routines - JerryF - 10-14-2020

(10-11-2020, 10:45 PM)cherria Wrote: My spiritual morning routine to get me in the nice mindset for the rest of the day:

Prayers which consist of
Gratidude for my day.
Sending light/love to my friends, family, myself, and Earth.
Asking for a higher perspective on my catalysts so that I can learn from them.
. . .

I have not been using gratitude as a regular part of my morning activities.  I’ll experiment with doing more of it.

Being over the age of 60, I sometimes wake up feeling grateful just to be given another day here on earth.

Gratitude is often part of my evening routine.  Before going to sleep I think of things I am grateful for in life and events from today that I am grateful for.

Gratitude also helps me recover during the day if I notice myself becoming disturbed, immersed in trivia, or being inconsiderate toward others.

"Continue in harmony, communication, praise, and thanksgiving."  (Ra 96.22)

“as I get older, I become more and more convinced that our path always lies in offering praise and thanksgiving for whatever is coming our way” (Carla, book 5, session 32)

RE: Daily rituals – morning routines - Nau7ik - 10-15-2020

I have a set morning routine. Meditation and the Qabalistic Cross are practices I do daily. I also try and work with the Tarot everyday. A daily spiritual practice is good to balance our daily lives

RE: Daily rituals – morning routines - sillypumpkins - 10-16-2020

I started implementing some more helpful rituals in my daytime routine lately.

1.) Light exercise upon waking up (about 15 minutes, consisting of whatever I feel like doing in the moment whether that be asanas to pushups)
2.) 30 minute meditation
3.) Make coffee
4.) Drink said coffee and write poetry for 30 minutes
5.) Make music for 30 minutes (I do this in different ways depending on what I feel like)
6.) Take dog for walk, or go for a walk by myself

Lately I've just been rinsing and repeating 4 and 5 after 6. It's a bit too willy-nilly for me so I am going to have to rethink some things, including elements of my creative process because it's a bit too free-flowing most of the time.

RE: Daily rituals – morning routines - flofrog - 10-17-2020

This is great Silly, I do approximately the same except the poetry... so painting instead and just listening to music BigSmile. and I don’t have a dog anymore so I walk by myself but... the trees walk with me Wink