Bring4th
Pyramid benitoite crystals - state gemstone of california - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Pyramid benitoite crystals - state gemstone of california (/showthread.php?tid=18468)

Pyramid benitoite crystals - state gemstone of california - Navaratna - 08-04-2020

I've been interested in these for a long time. These are expensive and not known to most people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benitoite

Lately I've been thinking about their pyramid structure and the extremely rare naturally formed Star of David pattern, I thought it'd be worth sharing because when you take in to account all that is written about the pyramid powers, these have an even more special place in mystic arts than simply their unique history which is all about how there is only one mine--which has since been depleted--that yielded gem quality stones. There are other locations where it can be found, but they are all rough and intergrown with other minerals.

RE: Pyramid benitoite crystals - state gemstone of california - Black Dragon - 08-04-2020

I've heard of benitoite. Definitely one of the rarest crystals out there, and yes, hella expensive. I don't have one myself, and probably can't see myself shelling out the money for one, though they are very nice to look at and interesting to study, and I imagine quite powerful from a metaphysical perspective. I find it fascinating the number for first density forms and colors this planet is capable of producing.

RE: Pyramid benitoite crystals - state gemstone of california - AnthroHeart - 08-04-2020

I'm looking into Shungite which is often used with bubble technology for manifesting.
I'm going to use it with my repeater to see if I can do some better magick.

RE: Pyramid benitoite crystals - state gemstone of california - Navaratna - 08-04-2020

To be fair, they are expensive but can't be artificially produced. Their price will always go up. A few hundred for a piece a few inches tall will multiple stones on the natrolite matrix isn't unaffordable and will always go up in price. While something that can be faked like diamonds to the point where you can't tell the difference even with technology...they can go in the thousands.

A lot of states have their state mineral and gems. California also has serpentine and gold. Benitoite is hydrothermally transformed serpentine.

RE: Pyramid benitoite crystals - state gemstone of california - AnthroHeart - 08-04-2020

A pound of Shungite is like $24, so price doesn't always determine efficacy.

https://smile.amazon.com/Shungite-Stones-1-lb-454g/dp/B07HKHTFPV/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Shungite&qid=1596575210&sr=8-2

RE: Pyramid benitoite crystals - state gemstone of california - Black Dragon - 08-04-2020

(08-04-2020, 04:57 PM)Navaratna Wrote: To be fair, they are expensive but can't be artificially produced. Their price will always go up. A few hundred for a piece a few inches tall will multiple stones on the natrolite matrix isn't unaffordable and will always go up in price. While something that can be faked like diamonds to the point where you can't tell the difference even with technology...they can go in the thousands.

A lot of states have their state mineral and gems. California also has serpentine and gold. Benitoite is hydrothermally transformed serpentine.

Well, that's true. Prices often reflect consumer demand more than actual rarity. It's theorized there is a ton of diamond beneath the planet's crust in some places that are rather hard to get at. On Neptune, it literally rains diamonds. There is an exoplanet discovered where the entire core, if not most of the planet, is made of diamond. This sort of begs the question: how rare are certain crystals compared to others on a larger scale than just our own planet, and what's hiding down deep in the spots of Earth that are very difficult to get at?

I'm sure the Benitoite is worth the asking price, but there's always the risk of it going down in value if it's found in another location. I'll do some more research on it-I did not know off the top of my head that it's related to serpentine in any way. I have a nice sphere of awesome yellow-green serpentine from Peru that's a hair over 2 inches around and it really stands out. I'm more of a budget collector/enthusiast in a lot of ways, I have a huge and varied collection with some really uncommon stuff, but not a single piece I paid more than like $65 for, with most being in the $10-$30 range, with a smattering of $40+ stones.

(08-04-2020, 05:07 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: A pound of Shungite is like $24, so price doesn't always determine efficacy.

https://smile.amazon.com/Shungite-Stones-1-lb-454g/dp/B07HKHTFPV/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Shungite&qid=1596575210&sr=8-2

I agree 100%. Some of the least expensive stones are beautiful and pack quite a punch. That being said, every type of crystal and every individual crystal is unique, so what somethings worth, and to a large extent how effective it will be for a given person, is a subjective matter.

RE: Pyramid benitoite crystals - state gemstone of california - Navaratna - 08-04-2020

Yes. As for being relevant to the Law of One though, the pyramid shape isn't common in natural formations. Fluorites and magnetites are the only ones off the top of my head that can resemble pyramids but they are distinctly named octahedrons double sided pyramids. Rubies and diamonds as I've mentioned before are said to be the two that can be used in any application to balance vibrations in a person's complex according to the readings, and the team did not ask endless questions about different stones but Ra did say there are many different ones that can be used for different applications. The pyramid shape in particular is what makes some of these stand out. Aside from that, Rubies are not as unaffordable as people might assume. Color and clarity are what makes the difference.

Nava and Black Dragon,

You two may be interested in this video about the E8 Crystal, or the structure of reality: