Bring4th
Who doesn't meditate and why? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Who doesn't meditate and why? (/showthread.php?tid=18276)

Pages: 1 2

Who doesn't meditate and why? - mayojojo - 05-22-2020

Hihi..hope all is well Smile

From reading the Ra material it seems that meditation is required as a basis for spiritual development, for without it one would simply dwell in analysis of the illusion rather than penetrating it.

My question is....in being aware of the significance of the meditation practice, are there any of those out there that does not practice meditation and if not I would like to know why?

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - AnthroHeart - 05-22-2020

I meditated for 15 years.

I don't anymore cause I'm evolved enough to not really need it now.

If I try to go deep, my mind collapses into the void. So I try to stay in the here and now.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Patrick - 05-22-2020

I meditate for maybe 2 minutes once or twice a week and I sometimes can go a couple weeks completely forgetting to meditate.  Every day life catalysts are a bit easier to decipher when I remember to meditate, otherwise not a big deal.  Do not forget that we came here to be subjected to the illusion.  I do not meditate to try to escape it (pierce the veil), but to download intuition and I suspect it also uploads some states, like creating a checkpoint or saving a video game.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - mayojojo - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 08:42 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: I meditated for 15 years.

If I try to go deep, my mind collapses into the void. So I try to stay in the here and now.

Ah I see interesting so what happens if you go into the void ?

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - mayojojo - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 09:06 PM)Patrick Wrote:  
I meditate for maybe 2 minutes once or twice a week and I sometimes can go a couple weeks completely forgetting to meditate.  Every day life catalysts are a bit easier to decipher when I remember to meditate, otherwise not a big deal.  Do not forget that we came here to be subjected to the illusion.  I do not meditate to try to escape it (pierce the veil), but to download intuition and I suspect it also uploads some states, like creating a checkpoint or saving a video game.

Ok that sounds interesting..so I guess your thought is that we should stay in the illusion because meditation will make the illusion obsolete as a catalyst?

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Navaratna - 05-22-2020

When you meditate stop trying to control the direction of the mind.

Your projections, your desire/bias is your ego. Unfolding all these layers of mental energy

The most effective way to make progress if you're encountering an energy blockage in my experience is to dissolve the blockages in your mind by visualizing ice melting if you feel stuck.

I have developed so much sensitivity through sahaja meditation that there are times I've felt a sensation of wind flowing in to my third eye between the eyebrows.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Strannik - 05-23-2020

In meditation people learn to concentrate attention, be the master of the world.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - RitaJC - 05-23-2020

I don't meditate any more because I live in a meditative state: enjoying the illusion as an illusion = living as the truth that I KNOW I AM

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - AnthroHeart - 05-23-2020

(05-22-2020, 09:59 PM)mayojojo Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 08:42 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: I meditated for 15 years.

Ah I see interesting so what happens if you go into the void ?

It's like a spinning psychosis. Not fun.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - mayojojo - 05-23-2020

Ok these are interesting thanks for sharing....looks like everyone has their own reasons!

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Navaratna - 05-24-2020

(05-23-2020, 08:56 PM)mayojojo Wrote: Ok these are interesting thanks for sharing....looks like everyone has their own reasons!

I want to help people manifest what they're searching for in the Law of One. How long have you read it for?

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - mayojojo - 05-24-2020

How long? You mean have I finished reading it? I've finished reading it...hmm but was just curious if anyone who read it was actually practising meditation because it seemed important.

I read in some of the channelings on the L/L Research website and apparently the beings who are on higher densities are practising meditation too so it seems like no work can be done without it

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Diana - 05-24-2020

I have a few thoughts based on my own experience.

There are more ways to reach a meditative state beyond the official way of sitting in quiet and emptying the mind of conscious thoughts. I have worked at home alone most of my adult life, and I do creative work. This is a way of meditating. When one is creating, one's focus is engaged upon the one thing and one accesses a timeless state. This can be reached with any creative endeavor, or being in nature, or doing something repetitive.

I also, for a few years, meditated 2 hours every day, and sometimes with a group for an entire day (I think that may have been once per month). I can say that this sort of official meditating yields great results. 

Both types of meditation help one to disengage from clinging to the drama here, and become less attached to the 3D narrative. It's not that this 3D world needs to be ignored or risen above; it's that the balance of the conscious and unconscious self needs to shift, so there is a better flow from spirit>mind>body. 

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - flofrog - 05-24-2020

hello mayojojo, welcome here, Wink

I meditate pretty regularly and I'm like Diana, an artist, and feel like her, that there is definitely a meditative state while creating.

when I started to meditate in my twenties I had a really difficult time because I was trying to 'empty ' my mind and of course thoughts would come like in a huge loving excited crowd towards me, lol.... I, at the times was studying buddhism and one well known buddhist monk had said, meditation is one of the most boring thing BigSmile not a very entrancing prospect !!! Years passed but then I found Kriya yoga, still studying buddhism, had an initiation and then I devised myself that instead of emptying my mind, focusing on sounds around me would just shut out the thought process.

Today I stil meditate because I get into a blissful state where I feel this love from Gaia, Creator and it is so blissful, that... lol I am not going to stop and yet I can be lazy at times. BigSmile

Best wishes mayjojo... if you find you cannot empty your mind, just focus intently on sounds around you while eyes are closed, really intently like second after second after second... it might work for you to get rid of thoughts !! lol

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - mayojojo - 05-24-2020

Thanks guys, very interesting to hear about people’s journey of meditation.

So what do you guys think the difference between thinking, contemplation and meditation as discussed in the Law of One?

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Navaratna - 05-24-2020

(05-24-2020, 08:23 PM)mayojojo Wrote: Thanks guys, very interesting to hear about people’s journey of meditation.

So what do you guys think the difference between thinking, contemplation and meditation as discussed in the Law of One?

I think it's odd how you breathe on auto-pilot.

What else do we do on autopilot that we do not "think" of, but do constantly? Are we thinking all of our 'system' processes? Like imagine your heartbeat and I think of how I can slow mine in a very noticeable way. I remember how surprised people were to see how much of a difference in heartrate I could make just by focusing on mine for a moment. I don't know if it's common to be able to consciously do that but try it yourself and you'll see what I mean.

But how often do you think of putting effort in to your heartbeat? Taking a deep breath is an everyday thing but during meditation when I put a freeze on any apprehensive projections.
Stopping thinking of breathing has never been an issue. I think you could say it's unconscious action.

Thinking in Law of One in terms of action and doing good means balancing people.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Aion - 05-25-2020

That is the parasympathetic system.

In my early days of meditating I was focused a lot on making the parasympathetic system conscious and gaining awareness of the automatic body functions.
At this point, if I'm not consciously breathing I unintentionally end up holding my breath and sometimes it is only shortness of breath that reminds me to keep up my rhythm. Especially if my mind is solely focused on something else. Breathing is, in my experience, the most effective way to get in to deep meditation.

Slowing your heartbeat is something used in some martial arts as well.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Navaratna - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 01:49 AM)Aion Wrote: That is the parasympathetic system.

In my early days of meditating I was focused a lot on making the parasympathetic system conscious and gaining awareness of the automatic body functions.
At this point, if I'm not consciously breathing I unintentionally end up holding my breath and sometimes it is only shortness of breath that reminds me to keep up my rhythm. Especially if my mind is solely focused on something else. Breathing is, in my experience, the most effective way to get in to deep meditation.

Slowing your heartbeat is something used in some martial arts as well.

I'm familiar with the autonomic and parasympathetic systems.

It's described in Sahaja meditation in Shri Mataji's speeches.

I thought this was interesting. Buddhist monks were scanned and they discovered both nerve systems were activated at once during their meditations. It hadn't been discovered before.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-12661646

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Aion - 05-25-2020

Yes exactly, I've always wondered what internal states I might realize if I lived as a monk for awhile.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Navaratna - 05-25-2020

I really wonder if those chambers in the pyramids were just sensory deprivation chambers. King kept inside for a day or so in meditation to enhance his mind.

Blue lotus is all over the Nile.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Dtris - 05-28-2020

(05-24-2020, 08:23 PM)mayojojo Wrote: Thanks guys, very interesting to hear about people’s journey of meditation.

I learned to meditate in my teens, did so off and on without regularity for twenty years and thought I didn't need it, or I was already great at it. Then this year I decided to meditate daily since Hatonn kept saying how important it is. IME he is right. My life has only gotten better since I started daily meditation.

Now the second question quoted above. Thinking is our typical intellectual thought. Contemplation is an intuitive non-verbal thought. Meditation is the clearing of the mind or the focusing on one thing. Each has its place and there is overlap as well.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Navaratna - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 04:25 PM)Dtris Wrote:

I learned to meditate in my teens, did so off and on without regularity for twenty years and thought I didn't need it, or I was already great at it. Then this year I decided to meditate daily since Hatonn kept saying how important it is. IME he is right. My life has only gotten better since I started daily meditation.

Now the second question quoted above. Thinking is our typical intellectual thought. Contemplation is an intuitive non-verbal thought. Meditation is the clearing of the mind or the focusing on one thing. Each has its place and there is overlap as well.

Sahaja meditation is the most effective meditation in my experience.

All other systems of meditation I've encountered ignore the palm/finger/wrist chakras. This is a huge no-go for me.

Other systems make no mention of what is known as the Ruh is Mideast systems of kundalini [lataif-e-sitta]

There is even a drawing in the book Kybalion showing an enormous monolithic statue of an Egyptian lord practicing meditation with his palms faced upward which is the sahaja method.

this is sahaja

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - mayojojo - 05-29-2020

Navratna have you tried vipassana? Is this sahaja meditation similar?

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - mayojojo - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 04:25 PM)Dtris Wrote:

What is your style of meditation and as for contemplation what do you get into that state or is meditation contemplation for you

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Alexis - 05-29-2020

It's like physical activity. You don't have to do it, but doing it has benefits.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Navaratna - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 03:58 AM)mayojojo Wrote: Navratna have you tried vipassana? Is this sahaja meditation similar?

Vipassana simply does not impress me. I don't see why it is so popular. In sahaja you feel the sensation of heat and the unobstructed flow of energy around your crown and on both palms when you reach a point where your flow is cleansed.

There's really only so many postures. My opinion on your thoughts is that you should ease them, so doing things like counting or directing energy in directions is opposite of the point. The point is powering down your bodily vessel to keep your mental/psi energy regulated and amplified.

You don't meditate sideways or laying down. You meditate sitting down with your spine up straight so you can breathe comfortably and fully. That's something all kinds of meditation like transcendental meditation or sahaja all agree upon.

Another thing worth mentioning is that of all these gurus, most of them were men and many of them like Osho really wanted money. Shri Mataji never charged money for the lessons. Her reasoning was simple--you don't purchase spiritual evolution. Among many of the famous spiritual teachers from decades past I just draw a blank when it comes to thinking of another woman who shared understanding of kundalini before enormous crowds of people.

Read these topics for more details
https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18215
https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18230

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Diana - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 05:33 AM)Navaratna Wrote: You don't meditate sideways or laying down. You meditate sitting down with your spine up straight so you can breathe comfortably and fully. That's something all kinds of meditation like transcendental meditation or sahaja all agree upon.

Tai Chi, done correctly, is the same. Aside from being a martial art, it is a moving meditation and healing art (for self). When it is done right, the body alignment maintained with the torso upright and not tilted, all the joints open and not pinched, hands open but relaxed, etc., you can feel the heat/energy/chi moving through you, and radiating from the hands.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - Diana - 05-29-2020

(05-25-2020, 01:49 AM)Aion Wrote: In my early days of meditating I was focused a lot on making the parasympathetic system conscious and gaining awareness of the automatic body functions.

Attention to breathing is something everyone would benefit from being aware of in this modern-day world. Almost everyone is stressed, even if it is low-grade background stress. Stress causes the body to be in fight-or-flight, without the commensurate release of buildup of adrenalin through running or fighting. Fight-or-flight causes shallow breathing. 

For anyone, checking in with your breathing throughout the day is a good thing. You will find that often your breathing is shallow. When you check in, relax the abdomen and take some full breaths.

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - sillypumpkins - 05-29-2020

I currently practice samantha meditation. I do 30 minutes 2x per day. Once in the morning before breakfast, and then again before I make dinner.

It's been helpful in improving my concentration and awareness, among other things.... like stress relief...

RE: Who doesn't meditate and why? - AnthroHeart - 05-29-2020

My meditation now is looking at clouds and allowing Infinite Intelligence to shape them to teach me stories.
It does wear me out after 15 minutes when working with big clouds.
But I am working on learning not to use my own energy for it.