Bring4th
Send comfort to those who are alone and sick or dying - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Send comfort to those who are alone and sick or dying (/showthread.php?tid=18086)

Send comfort to those who are alone and sick or dying - Diana - 03-22-2020

I got an email from a member who forwarded an email from a friend in Italy about the situation there regarding COVID-19. There was a part in the forwarded email from Italy that made me really sad: that there are people dying alone. Some individuals have no family with them or just no family at all. Many times the elderly end up like that because they have no children and their contemporaries have passed on.

So, if you have the opportunity and desire to do so, please send comfort to those individuals who are alone and sick or dying (wherever in the world they may be) in a meditation or however you personally project such things.

Thank you. <3

RE: Send comfort to those who are alone and sick or dying - EvolvingPhoenix - 03-22-2020

Yeah. That was happening to plenty of people BEFORE the pandemic though, let's be real. It's just happening EVEN MORE now and some people are just now starting to think about it. Doesn't mean that sending whatever help to those lonely dying people wouldn't be a good idea though.

RE: Send comfort to those who are alone and sick or dying - Diana - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 05:58 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: Yeah. That was happening to plenty of people BEFORE the pandemic though, let's be real. It's just happening EVEN MORE now and some people are just now starting to think about it. Doesn't mean that sending whatever help to those lonely dying people wouldn't be a good idea though.

True. It is always happening. I didn't JUST start to think about it. It is an opportunity. There is no need to inject cynicism into the situation. Certainly there may be all sorts of plausible conspiracy theories around this issue, and certainly many people are asleep on this planet. They are also, according to this source, sealing off the homes of those who died alone until they are able to deal with them—it just seemed so bleak and sad.

But we here on B4 can have compassion, whether or not it is during a highlighted event.

RE: Send comfort to those who are alone and sick or dying - hounsic - 03-22-2020

That’s a beautiful idea.

RE: Send comfort to those who are alone and sick or dying - AnthroHeart - 03-23-2020

It's generally not a good idea to send healing, love, comfort, or anything unrequested. Sending help without being asked is generally not a good idea.
Make sure they made a calling for help before sending.

RE: Send comfort to those who are alone and sick or dying - Diana - 03-23-2020

@ GCS: Understood. What I was asking was to send comfort, which would be love. As long as there is no attachment to an outcome, sending love and comfort is acceptable, as far as I understand. Smile

@ EvolvingPhoenix: I feel like my response to you was harsh. I apologize if it seemed so to you. You were of course correct that times of crisis seem to be the only time many pay attention.

RE: Send comfort to those who are alone and sick or dying - hounsic - 03-23-2020

(03-23-2020, 12:10 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: It's generally not a good idea to send healing, love, comfort, or anything unrequested. Sending help without being asked is generally not a good idea.
Make sure they made a calling for help before sending.

How about sending unconditional love, allowing it to go freely without conditions to any and all. Kind of how the sun shines.

RE: Send comfort to those who are alone and sick or dying - sillypumpkins - 03-23-2020

i read today that doctors in spain are having to remove respirators from the elderly in order to care for the young. such tough moral dilemmas arise in times like this

RE: Send comfort to those who are alone and sick or dying - AnthroHeart - 03-23-2020

(03-23-2020, 08:43 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: i read today that doctors in spain are having to remove respirators from the elderly in order to care for the young. such tough moral dilemmas arise in times like this

People are also working on open source ventilators. But companies that own patents to them don't want to share their secrets.