Bring4th
Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep (/showthread.php?tid=17465)

Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Moonfox - 07-29-2019

Hello and good morning. I hope this post finds you well!

This discussion is probably redundant but I did do a search and didn't find quite what I was looking for.

I am revisiting the Ra material and am interested in trying to understand it further. Ra mentions sleep a few times and I have provided some of the passages below that I have questions about.

It seems like Ra uses the word "sleep" interchangeably between spiritual and physical rest. I don't think we have a word for the spiritual rest that Ra speaks about. The closest word we have is "rejuvenation" but I'm not sure that really covers all the aspect of the purpose of spiritual sleep. Does anyone know of a better word for it?

Quote:89.30 ▶ Questioner: Would Ra’s attitude toward the same unharvestable entities be different at this nexus than at the time of harvest of third density?

Ra: I am Ra. Not substantially. To those who wish to sleep we could only offer those comforts designed for the sleeping. Service is only possible to the extent it is requested. We were ready to serve in whatever way we could. This still seems satisfactory as a means of dealing with other-selves in third density. It is our feeling that to be each entity which one attempts to serve is to simplify the grasp of what service is necessary or possible.

One particular sentence, "Service is only possible to the extent it is requested," is essential to understand waking those who sleep. There is no way to "wake" someone up if they are not seeking to expand their awareness.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. There are several. However, their uses are limited. The use of the resonating chamber position is one which challenges the ability of an adept to face the self. This is one type of mental test which may be used. It is powerful and quite dangerous.

The outer shell of the pyramid shape contains small vortices of light energy which, in the hands of capable crystallized beings, are useful for various subtle workings upon the healing of invisible bodies affecting the physical body.

Other of these places are those wherein perfect sleep may be obtained and age reversed. These characteristics are not important.

Is perfect sleep a state where our physical bodies and spiritual bodies are both at rest? That might be an over simplification. If both the body and the spirit are perfectly at rest, is that "perfect sleep?" And if so, can we obtain that now?

Is that how a body can be kept in stasis?

Quote:21.9 ▶ Questioner: Now, when the 75,000-year cycle started, [the] life span was approximately nine hundred years, average. What was the process and scheduling of— mechanism, shall I say, of reincarnation at that time, and how did the time in between incarnations into third-density physical apply to the growth of the mind/body/spirit complex?

Ra: I am Ra. This query is more complex than most. We shall begin. The incarnation pattern of the beginning third-density mind/body/spirit complex begins in darkness, for you may think or consider of your density as one of, as you may say, a sleep and a forgetting. This is the only plane of forgetting. It is necessary for the third-density entity to forget so that the mechanisms of confusion or free will may operate upon the newly individuated consciousness complex.

It seems as though Ra mentions several purposes for spiritual sleep, not only for rejuvenation, but also as a chrysalis period between densities that acts as sort of a buffer. The buffer is important because it causes a forgetting which allows the entity to truly learn the lessons of 3rd density. Through struggle we learn.

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - ada - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 12:09 PM)Moonfox Wrote:
Quote:Ra: I am Ra. There are several. However, their uses are limited. The use of the resonating chamber position is one which challenges the ability of an adept to face the self. This is one type of mental test which may be used. It is powerful and quite dangerous.

The outer shell of the pyramid shape contains small vortices of light energy which, in the hands of capable crystallized beings, are useful for various subtle workings upon the healing of invisible bodies affecting the physical body.

Other of these places are those wherein perfect sleep may be obtained and age reversed. These characteristics are not important.

Is perfect sleep a state where our physical bodies and spiritual bodies are both at rest? That might be an over simplification. If both the body and the spirit are perfectly at rest, is that "perfect sleep?" And if so, can we obtain that now?

Is that how a body can be kept in stasis?

(21.9; "The incarnation pattern of the beginning third-density mind/body/spirit complex begins in darkness")
I wonder if such a newly experience and forgetting upon a plane could affect a m/b/s complex in such a way that the body and mind are 'still' or in a state of 'rest' or 'meditation' that the spirit is channeled clearly/without disturbance/distortion, therefore having a sort of unity or balance of energy, allowing the mind and body to reserve and preserve. (And perhaps to heal?) Makes me think that meditation has an important role just as daily sleep does. Smile

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - unity100 - 07-29-2019

I am not sure that the 'sleep' of forgetfulness of 3rd density and the actual sleep mechanism can be just made analogous.

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Glow - 07-29-2019

Spiritual sleep would be being unconscious spiritually

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Moonfox - 07-29-2019

Quote:(21.9; "The incarnation pattern of the beginning third-density mind/body/spirit complex begins in darkness")
I wonder if such a newly experience and forgetting upon a plane could affect a m/b/s complex in such a way that the body and mind are 'still' or in a state of 'rest' or 'meditation' that the spirit is channeled clearly/without disturbance/distortion, therefore having a sort of unity or balance of energy, allowing the mind and body to reserve and preserve. (And perhaps to heal?) Makes me think that meditation has an important role just as daily sleep does. Smile

I am interested to understand more of what Ra calls "perfect sleep." It can't be death, although "sleep" is a synonym sometimes for death. I bet it has something to do with as you said reaching an altered state of conciousness through meditation.

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Moonfox - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 01:57 PM)unity100 Wrote: I am not sure that the 'sleep' of forgetfulness of 3rd density and the actual sleep mechanism can be just made analogous.

I am totally with you there.

(07-29-2019, 04:35 PM)Glow Wrote: Spiritual sleep would be being unconscious spiritually

Would that mean that the mind is unconscious to control the spirit and that the spirit has free reign to explore as it would? Or does that mean the spirit itself is dormant?

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - EvolvingPhoenix - 07-29-2019

I too, am curious what Ra means by "perfect sleep" and would like to learn how to do it.

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - kristina - 07-30-2019

(07-29-2019, 08:37 PM)Moonfox Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 04:35 PM)Glow Wrote: Spiritual sleep would be being unconscious spiritually

Would that mean that the mind is unconscious to control the spirit and that the spirit has free reign to explore as it would? Or does that mean the spirit itself is dormant?
No. Not really.
When the mind is in the "sleep" mode the default setting ensues. The default setting is the subconscous mind. This is where your conditioned patterns can be found and a place where the conditioning of this world tries to work out itself. A person who is asleep spiritually would be in what I would consider auto pilot and would not be aware that they are running on default, the subconscious mind. Here's a decent example that is very common:
A person is driving to work, they arrive to work but cannot remember their journey to work. The pattern of all of the twists and turns in the road, the stop light 3 blocks from their home, the entrance onto the expressway has been traveled so often that the person has it stored in their memory. They no longer have to be fully present to make the trek to work, they can hit pause on being present and allow the mind to enter be in default mode. A whole lot different than if you had a set of directions in your hand traveling for the first time to a new location, you would be "present" and participating fully in the journey, taking note of your surroundings. Many people that are unhappy, angry, bored and irritated will fall into old patterns of behavior, their conditioning and thus making them in a sense fall asleep as they are running through old habits and many times having the same reaction(s) as they have before. This is a type of sleep. Humans have a habit of doing this when they are under stress. This is why meditation and prayer can be very helpful as it rewires the brain to a new condition called the present moment. Eventually one would access the present moment every minute of every day without effort and would not depend on old default patterns that cause spiritual sleep. I hope this helped though I feel your questions needs another more experienced answer than my own.
Glow wrote exactly what I had in mind.

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - kristina - 07-30-2019

(07-29-2019, 11:10 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: I too, am curious what Ra means by "perfect sleep" and would like to learn how to do it.

Yeah EP, I am with you. This is where we need someone to answer this question who has some experience in deciphering The Law of One.

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Infinite - 07-30-2019

The three answers have three differents meanings to the concept of sleep:

89.30: Ra talks about the people not awake to the spiritual reality.

The second answer: Ra talks probably about some altered state of awareness and meditation acquired in the pyramids.

21.9: Ra talks that third density is where the spiritual reality is forgotten due the veil. This is a metaphorical "sleep" because 3D is the only density with the forgetting.

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Cainite - 07-31-2019

The sleeping has no purpose. other than serving the desire of the veiled creator.

Some of the effects of the spirit complex being dormant include these :

1.we live a show for an audience.. and walk a path that's made for us by others.
2.we cast out that which seems different or is authentic.
3.the want is different from the need.
4.morality and spiritual stuff is cast aside

And if the person is confused by any sort of spontaneity, refusing all mental efforts, or seems like he's not really here most of the time unless if his survival is threatened that's when the mind is sleeping.

and of course there are different levels of the depth of the sleep.

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Nau7ik - 07-31-2019

Yes I believe that is the analogy. To be asleep is to be unconscious, therefore to be spiritually asleep is to be spiritually unconscious: meaning that one is unaware of the purpose for life, the reason for living, the divinity of Creation.

Sleepytime-Perfection-Inducing Technology REVEALED - Dekalb_Blues - 07-31-2019

~

53.12  Questioner: I have become aware of a very large variation in contact with individuals. The Confederation, I am assuming, uses a form of contact to awaken, as you say, Wanderers, and could you give me general examples of the methods used by the Confederation to awaken or partially awaken the Wanderers they are contacting?

Ra: I am Ra. The methods used to awaken Wanderers are varied. The center of each approach is the entrance into the conscious and subconscious in such a way as to avoid causing fear and to maximize the potential for an understandable subjective experience which has meaning for the entity. Many such occur in sleep; others in the midst of many activities during the waking hours. The approach is flexible and does not necessarily include the “close encounter” syndrome as you are aware.

86.7  Questioner: You stated that dreaming, if made available to the conscious mind, will aid greatly in polarization. Would you define dreaming or tell us what it is and how it aids in polarization?

Ra: I am Ra. Dreaming is an activity of communication through the veil of the unconscious mind and the conscious mind. The nature of this activity is wholly dependent upon the situation regarding the energy center blockages, activations, and crystallizations of a given mind/body/spirit complex.

In one who is blocked at two of the three lower energy centers dreaming will be of value in the polarization process in that there will be a repetition of those portions of recent catalyst as well as deeper-held blockages, thereby giving the waking mind clues as to the nature of these blockages and hints as to possible changes in perception which may lead to the unblocking.

This type of dreaming or communication through the veiled portions of the mind occurs also with those mind/body/spirit complexes which are functioning with far less blockage and enjoying the green-ray activation or higher activation at those times at which the mind/body/spirit complex experiences catalyst, momentarily reblocking or baffling or otherwise distorting the flow of energy influx. Therefore, in all cases it is useful to a mind/body/spirit complex to ponder the content and emotive resonance of dreams.

For those whose green-ray energy centers have been activated as well as for those whose green-ray energy centers are offered an unusual unblockage due to extreme catalyst, such as what is termed the physical death of the self or one which is beloved occurring in what you may call your near future, dreaming takes on another activity. This is what may loosely be termed precognition or a knowing which is prior to that which shall occur in physical manifestation in your yellow-ray third-density space/time. This property of the mind depends upon its placement, to a great extent, in time/space so that the terms of present and future and past have no meaning. This will, if made proper use of by the mind/body/spirit complex, enable this entity to enter more fully into the all-compassionate love of each and every circumstance including those circumstances against which an entity may have a strong distortion towards what you may call unhappiness.

As a mind/body/spirit[font=sans-serif] 
complex consciously chooses the path of the adept and, with each energy center balanced to a minimal degree, begins to open the indigo-ray energy center, the so-called dreaming becomes the most efficient tool for polarization, for, if it is known by the adept that work may be done in consciousness while the so-called conscious mind rests, this adept may call upon those which guide it, those presences which surround it, and, most of all, the magical personality which is the higher self in space/time analog as it moves into the sleeping mode of consciousness. With these affirmations attended to, the activity of dreaming reaches that potential of learn/teaching which is most helpful to increasing the distortions of the adept towards its chosen polarity.

There are other possibilities of the dreaming not so closely aligned with the increase in polarity which we do not cover at this particular space/time.[/font]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12037178]

あなたは完璧私の唯一の方向です  ("You are perfection一my only direction")

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you; 
Don't go back to sleep.

Those who don't feel this Love pulling them like a river, 
  those who don't drink dawn like a cup of spring water 
  or take in sunset like supper, those who don't want to change, 
  let them sleep. 
This Love is beyond the study of theology, that old trickery and hypocrisy. 
If you want to improve your mind that way, sleep on. 
I've given up on my brain. 
I've torn the cloth to shreds and thrown it away. 
If you're not completely naked, wrap your beautiful robe of words around you, and sleep. 

--- Rumi

A great many things are instantly obvious to the Sufi, which
cannot be arrived at by the average man. An allegory is used 
to explain some of the amazing acts of Sufi initiates, based upon 
supersensory powers. To the Sufi, these are no more miraculous 
than any of the ordinary senses are to the layman. Just how they 
work cannot be described; but a rough analogy can be drawn.

"Mankind is asleep," said Nasrudin, when he had been accused 
of falling asleep at court one day. "The sleep of the sage is powerful, 
and the 'wakefulness' of the average man is almost useless to anyone."

The King was annoyed.

The next day, after a heavy meal, Nasrudin fell asleep, and the King 
had him carried into an adjoining room. When the court was about to 
rise, Nasrudin, still slumbering, was brought back to the audience chamber.

"You have been asleep again," said the King.

"I have been as awake as I needed to be."

"Very well, then, tell me what happened while you were out of the room."

To everyone's astonishment, the Mulla repeated a long and involved story 
that the King had been reciting.

"How did you do it, Nasrudin?"

"Simple," said the Mulla; "I could tell by the expression on the face of the 
King that he was about to tell that old story again. That is why I went to 
sleep for its duration."

--- Idries Shah, The Sufis (London: Octagon Press, 1964) p. 95

The Situation

Humanity is asleep, concerned only with what is useless, living in a wrong world. 
Believing that one can excel this is only habit and usage, not religion. 
This "religion" is inept. . . .

Do not prattle before the People of the Path, rather consume yourself. 
You have an inverted knowledge and religion if you are upside down in relation to Reality .
Man is wrapping his net around himself. 
A lion (the man of the Way) bursts his cage asunder.

(The Sufi master Sanai of Afghanistan, teacher of Rumi, in The Walled Garden of Truth, written in 1131 A.D.)

[Image: w-8159959-501275.jpg]

ZZzz   zzzz

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - kristina - 08-01-2019

I cannot believe I just watched an old Serta commercial, but I surely did.
I also read the Ra quote and I am always reminded once more Why I love the Ra content so much.
Great quote Dekalb! Thank you

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - loostudent - 08-01-2019

A beautiful song about spiritual awakening (Christ consciousness):

Lyrics:

But during that time
Of darkness and doubt
I began to search for something
Looked up and down
But I barely knew the difference
Between the sky and the ground

Sleeping Jesus
Awaken in the man
Send your spirit
Touch him with your hand
He can't feel you
He cannot see the sky
Sleeping Jesus
Awaken in his mind

The veil of tears
Was wearing quite thin
The weight of wasted years
Left no way to win
But I began to feel his guidance
While I was deep in my sin

Sleeping Jesus
Awaken in the man
Send your spirit
Touch him with your hand
He can't feel you
He cannot reason why
Sleeping Jesus
He's reaching for the sky

Sleeping Jesus
Awaken in the man
Send your spirit
And touch him with your hand
He can't feel you
He cannot see the sky
Sleeping Jesus
Awaken in his mind

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Moonfox - 08-01-2019

""A great many things are instantly obvious to the Sufi, which
cannot be arrived at by the average man. An allegory is used
to explain some of the amazing acts of Sufi initiates, based upon
supersensory powers. To the Sufi, these are no more miraculous
than any of the ordinary senses are to the layman. Just how they
work cannot be described; but a rough analogy can be drawn.

"Mankind is asleep," said Nasrudin, when he had been accused
of falling asleep at court one day. "The sleep of the sage is powerful,
and the 'wakefulness' of the average man is almost useless to anyone."

The King was annoyed.

The next day, after a heavy meal, Nasrudin fell asleep, and the King
had him carried into an adjoining room. When the court was about to
rise, Nasrudin, still slumbering, was brought back to the audience chamber.

"You have been asleep again," said the King.

"I have been as awake as I needed to be."

"Very well, then, tell me what happened while you were out of the room."

To everyone's astonishment, the Mulla repeated a long and involved story
that the King had been reciting.

"How did you do it, Nasrudin?"

"Simple," said the Mulla; "I could tell by the expression on the face of the
King that he was about to tell that old story again. That is why I went to
sleep for its duration."

--- Idries Shah, The Sufis (London: Octagon Press, 1964) p. 95"""

This is my new favorite story. Smile

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Moonfox - 08-01-2019

(07-31-2019, 12:40 AM)Cainite Wrote: The sleeping has no purpose. other than serving the desire of the veiled creator.

1.we live a show for an audience.. and walk a path that's made for us by others.

And if the person is confused by any sort of spontaneity, refusing all mental efforts, or seems like he's not really here most of the time unless if his survival is threatened that's when the mind is sleeping.

I myself tend to dislike spontaniety and tend to be a bit grumpy about getting surprised. Maybe in a past life I was a very crotchety old man with a war wound on my left leg. ;-)

I have a hard time being open to new experiences and tend to fear them. The fearfulness is very deeply ingrained and it is a battle to force it to the side. Same also with being an authoritarian parent...my first instinct is to punish but I have had to deprogram myself to be a kind and loving and sensitive individual with therapy. I don't know why I'm so rigid sometimes.

I have a weird conspiracy theory about waking sleep or meditating while conscious. I'm terribly sorry but I have no where else to share this information in a format where people might understand. Or maybe appreciate, even? So I am going to share my theory here now rather than make a new thread which might make me look unhinged. ;-)

I love history and archeology in a huge way. I love digging through information. It's my joy. So occasionally, I let my mind wonder and go where it will because it *needs* to do it. And falling down rabbit holes is my favorite thing, because it makes me feel like I'm always on the brink of discovery. And I have learned many odd things during my searches.

One of the strangest things I've ever learned about is the island of Malta. I absolutely chased the rabbit down its tunnel with all my strength then came out the other side as the rabbit itself. Don't ask me how that happened! Malta is a beautiful, wonderful, mysterious place and I am drawn to it as if there is a thread from me to it. Perhaps one day I'll get to visit. It is a total tourist trap. But really if you're into archeology there's just so many reasons to go.

The Hypogeum of Ħal Saflieni is a true mystery of the ancient world. I must tell you all about it. Wiki has some great information:
""The Hypogeum was discovered by accident in 1902 when workers cutting cisterns for a new housing development broke through its roof.[2] The workers tried to hide the temple at first, but eventually it was found. The study of the structure was first conducted by Manuel Magri, who directed the excavations on behalf of the Museums Committee, starting from November 1903. During the excavations, a portion of the contents of the Hypogeum, including grave goods and human remains, were emptied out and discarded without being properly catalogued.[3] To confound things further, Magri died in 1907 while conducting missionary work in Tunisia and his report on the Hypogeum was lost.[2]

Excavation continued under Sir Themistocles Zammit, who attempted to salvage what he could.[3] Zammit began publishing a series of reports in 1910 and continued excavating until 1911, depositing his findings at the National Museum of Archaeology in Valletta.[4] The Hypogeum was first opened to visitors in 1908 while the excavations were ongoing.[5]

Real attempts to preserve the site started in 1991 when it closed for a decade to arrange it for visits. In 2011, a more intensive program was launched to monitor the decay of the site.[6]

The Hypogeum reopened in May 2017 after closing for a year to improve its environmental management system.[6]""

But also, and the most amazing part, is that it opened a window to a new field called archeo acoustics. Fascinating. At any rate here is the scientific study on it: https://ricerca.uniparthenope.it/retrieve/handle/11367/27534/52882/Sociology%20Study%20Volume%203%20Issue%2010.pdf#page=90

What they found was amazing. That through certain frequencies humans can be induced into a trance like state without medication. The Hypogeum is carved out of some kind of rock/combination of minerals that amplifies sounds at certain frequencies. Kind of like a radio, but way less sophisticated.

This is what I think of when I think of Ra using pyramids to achieve perfect sleep. I don't know if I'm accurate. But, it was certainly fun to share my theory with you and get it off my chest.

Also, they found a "sleeping lady" stone carving while excavating the Hypogeum. Everyone wonders about her. Who is she? Is she resting or dead? We can't know. But, maybe she is in perfect sleep which would make sense in a room built to induce trances.

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Cainite - 08-02-2019

(08-01-2019, 11:36 AM)Moonfox Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 12:40 AM)Cainite Wrote: The sleeping has no purpose. other than serving the desire of the veiled creator.

I myself tend to dislike spontaniety and tend to be a bit grumpy about getting surprised. Maybe in a past life I was a very crotchety old man with a war wound on my left leg. ;-)

I have a hard time being open to new experiences and tend to fear them. The fearfulness is very deeply ingrained and it is a battle to force it to the side. Same also with being an authoritarian parent...my first instinct is to punish but I have had to deprogram myself to be a kind and loving and sensitive individual with therapy. I don't know why I'm so rigid sometimes.

Well there's no hurry.. tend to yourself until you feel ready for and desire new experiences. since the ''trying'' usually backfires.

And btw I now think I was wrong about the sleep of the mind. spontaneity is more related to one's ability to let go and trust the flow of things.

I'm reminded of two ppl, one of them was better at math and he was more likely to ''try'' to fit everything into a logical framework. the mental efforts that he put into things slowed him down. and made most of his attempts at humor.. well not as good as the other person whom I found to be very funny because of his spontanous nature. he seemed to be unconsciously interested in figuring out why this other person is like this and he's not.. at first he would always question the logic of the other person's humor but eventually he was really enjoying the madness.

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - Moonfox - 08-02-2019

I am terrible at telling jokes! Oh, it's true. I try to over explain everything. Hahaha! If I know a joke well I can tell it and usually have a successful out come, but my stories are usually long and rambling. lol

RE: Questions Regarding Those that Sleep and the purpose of sleep - kristina - 08-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 10:59 AM)Moonfox Wrote: I am terrible at telling jokes! Oh, it's true. I try to over explain everything. Hahaha! If I know a joke well I can tell it and usually have a successful out come, but my stories are usually long and rambling. lol

Meeeeeeeeee too Tongue