Bring4th
Ra's "balancing exercise" doesn't work for me - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Ra's "balancing exercise" doesn't work for me (/showthread.php?tid=17224)

Ra's "balancing exercise" doesn't work for me - redchartreuse - 05-15-2019

Over the years, I've experimented many times with the "balancing exercise" given by Ra wherein we go into a meditative state at the end of the day, recalling an emotionally charged experience, and then calling in the "opposite" feelings in order to achieve psychological balance.

Unfortunately, I've never experienced any success with this exercise. For one thing, by the end of the day any strong emotions I have felt are very difficult for me to recall with anything near the same intensity as when I experienced them earlier in the day. And for another thing, whenever I "call upon" the opposite feeling to come into my consciousness, nothing happens.

I'm curious to know if any others have experienced these same difficulties, and if so, if they've found any way to make the exercise more effective.

RE: Ra's "balancing exercise" doesn't work for me - Cannon - 05-15-2019

I've personally found a similar technique which works very well. It's basically this: sit down in a dark, quiet room, and then allow yourself to feel the emotions that come up to you in that time. Eventually, after having allowed yourself to experience them, they will dissipate and they won't bother you any more. They'll be gone. The emotions you experience in this can become extremely painful, but the reward of having processed them is around a hundred times greater than the emotion itself was painful to endure.

RE: Ra's "balancing exercise" doesn't work for me - speedforce131 - 05-15-2019

You do not recall the emotions itself but rather the entire situation and remembering how it made you feel. Then you reflect on this experience. What wisdom can you gain from this experience? What do you understand now that you did not before? If you do not understand, then what can you do to gain that understanding?

RE: Ra's "balancing exercise" doesn't work for me - Nau7ik - 05-18-2019

It’s also one I’ve had difficulty with. I recently read in a book on Kabbalah about a very similar meditative practice: at the end of the day, at night, one sits in a quiet room, enters the silence, and prays before our Lord. He recounts all his sins before God of that day.

This to me sounds a lot like the balancing exercise. Basically, whatever “moved” you for that day. It doesn’t have to be related to sin, it can be positive feelings and experiences that stood out as well.

I think it becomes more effective with consistent use, because then one is balancing daily. The effects may not be readily noticeable, but after some time it will be. And we will also learn more about the balancing and how to do it, what it entails, etc with the consistent pursuit of it. It’s something I’d like to do more of because I’m not very consistent with utilizing the balancing exercise.

RE: Ra's "balancing exercise" doesn't work for me - RitaJC - 05-18-2019

This was never a beneficial thing for me.

But what might help if you still want to continue trying are two things.

1. First, practice it with things that did cause only slight upset or even better - where you were not involved personally (an upsetting news, a gossip, your thoughts about war in a foreign country etc.). You can tackle the big personal upsets when you have learned the method.

2. Start with imagining (it doesn't need to be visual) the opposite happening. F.i., you heard the news on TV. Imagine hearing the opposite news on TV. You can ask yourself: what if I heard the opposite news? And the less details the better. It doesn't matter if it is about somebody else, somewhere else, or when it happened. Just imagine and feel the different feeling.

Hope this helps.

I, personally, never wait until the evening (am living in the moment naturally). Whenever I register any uncomfortable feeling in the body, I use Ho'oponopono (I am sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you) with EFT(tapping). If the discomfort doesn't fade away, I write in my journal "Memories of the Future": "Remember when you felt upset/afraid/nervous/sad about ....? And how wonderfully and easily the cause of that feeling got resolved?" (no details)

It works every time. And, many times, the development I experience in the future feels like absolute magic.

RE: Ra's "balancing exercise" doesn't work for me - Louisabell - 05-19-2019

Yes, I've had trouble too with it at first. What I found was that usually by the time we've registered an emotion, it's passed through many iterations and refractions. This builds a large structure upon which this emotion is supported. The counter-balance being too hard and confused to manifest.

For example, one may have been triggered in anger by something someone said. But really this anger was due to the resentment you feel about being self-conscious about your body. And maybe your self-consciousness is a post-traumatic stress response from being bullied in school, and maybe you're really angry at those bullies, but maybe deep down you just wanted to be their friend and you're just really hurt, and maybe when you tap into this hurt you remember all the lonely hours you spent in your room because your parents weren't around much...

So you think you're angry from rudeness, but really you're hurt from loneliness, and the true balance is found by balancing your external disconnection and loss with a deep and profound inner connection and care. And so you begin to invoke and adorn yourself with those qualities which your soul sought by incarnating behind a veil.

I think Ra by necessity and perhaps by limitation, oversimplified what is essentially a very involved process.

Ra Wrote:We wish now to fulfill our teach/learning honor/responsibility by answering what is asked. This only will suffice for we cannot plumb the depths of the distortion complexes which infect your peoples.

RE: Ra's "balancing exercise" doesn't work for me - xise - 05-19-2019

I would mirror Louisabell's experience with the balancing technique. It's very useful, but it's difficult sometimes to peel the onion down to the core energetic-level beliefs and perspectives that align easily to thinking of opposites. Really, it only begins to do work once you fully know yourself at an energetic belief level, or at least have some decent capability to do so. Hence the reason why Ra said this in a precise order to know thyself before one can accept thyself:

Quote:74.11  Questioner: Now, what I am trying to get at is how these disciplines affect the energy centers and the power, shall I say, of the white magician. Could you, will you tell me how that works?

Ra: I am Ra. The heart of the discipline of the personality is threefold. One, know yourself. Two, accept yourself. Three, become the Creator.

RE: Ra's "balancing exercise" doesn't work for me - loostudent - 05-20-2019

In our family whe do the following in the evening (when it's possible): everyone recalls events from that day or reflects present situation and shares with others for what is one thankful.