Bring4th
34.12 - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 34.12 (/showthread.php?tid=17212)

34.12 - ada - 05-13-2019

Quote:34.12 ▶ Questioner: I thought that that was correct, but I wasn’t sure. Can you give me the same type of information that we have been getting here with respect to the unmanifested self interacting between self and gadgets, toys, etc.— inventions?

Ra: I am Ra. In this particular instance we again concentrate for the most part in the orange and in the yellow energy centers. In a negative sense many of the gadgets among your peoples, that is what you call your communication devices and other distractions such as the less competitive games, may be seen to have the distortion of keeping the mind/body/spirit complex unactivated so that yellow- and orange-ray activity is much weakened thus carefully decreasing the possibility of eventual green-ray activation.

Others of your gadgets may be seen to be tools whereby the entity explores the capabilities of its physical or mental complexes and in some few cases, the spiritual complex, thus activating the orange ray in what you call your team sports and in other gadgets such as your modes of transport. These may be seen to be ways of investigating the feelings of power; more especially, power over others or a group power over another group of other-selves.

Hey all,
I've been pondering for a while about what was meant in this passage by "communication devices" and "modes of transport".
Could it be cellphones and internet? Though these haven't existed at that time(?) Perhaps television?
Modes of transport, cars? Or maybe UFO's?
Would love any input on this, I can't seem to understand. Tongue

RE: 34.12 - Highrculling - 05-13-2019

Yeah, seen from today's viewpoint "communication devices" sure sound like cellphones, tablets, PCs, etc, and "less competitive games" sounds like video games. Television kind of fits the description, considering the time of contact. "less competitive games" could also be poker, gambling, lottery that kind of thing.

Modes of transport sounds like race cars/motorcycles to me Smile

RE: 34.12 - speedforce131 - 05-13-2019

I have to concur that communication devices mean phones, PCs and modes of transport being cars, bikes, etc. Cars and bikes of course being able to be used in sports such as in NASCAR.

RE: 34.12 - David_1 - 05-13-2019

I think this is from the year 1981.  So, what was happening then?  It seems Ra is talking about activities that tend to make actions of love and compassion less likely.
   “Communication devices”  Cell phones were just beginning, so few had them.  What about regular telephones?  If I phone you, it’s probably less effective than if I see and talk with you.  But you may be too far away for directly talking to you to be possible.  So, I doubt phones are it.
   TV was common in 1981.  Perhaps a major effect of TV is to put people to sleep spiritually because of less interaction with others.
   You didn’t mention team sports, which are given high attention in today’s activities.  Many see sports as a way of promoting “I want to win.”  Sadly, competitiveness opposes cooperation and mutual benefit.
   I’m guessing the “modes of transport” include primarily cars.  TV commercials about cars are often focused on power and “Notice me.”

RE: 34.12 - Bring4th_Austin - 05-13-2019

I interpret "communication devices" as being things like television, radio, etc. These are traditionally considered to fall into the realm of communication. Dissemination of information and media is just as much communication as a two-way conversation. Those also make the most sense to me contextually given the effect Ra says they have (keeping yellow and orange-ray unactivated). I imagine communication devices that allowed for two-way conversation would actually have the opposite effect, because interacting with another person in a social sense certainly would help to activate those rays. 

And I've always interpreted "modes of transport" to mean our everyday experience of actually driving cars. Consider how competitive and emotion-driven regular people get when on the roadways. We even have a specific name for it - road rage. It's not uncommon for road rage to incite fatal violence. Once I personally became mindful of my mental states, I was shocked at how emotionally charged I would get in the car, and it seems other people do too. I still fight urges to drive competitively while our on the highway. There is such a bizarre social dynamic that happens when we're in cars. I honestly think it's one of the most fruitful places to find emotionally charged catalyst. It's a difficult spiritual challenge - see if you can maintain an active loving state for other drivers on the road no matter their driving behavior. It's not as easy as it sounds.

RE: 34.12 - speedforce131 - 05-13-2019

(05-13-2019, 04:01 AM)David_1 Wrote: I think this is from the year 1981. So, what was happening then? It seems Ra is talking about activities that tend to make actions of love and compassion less likely.
Yes, the channeling itself is from the year 1981 however consider that Ra is from our perspective the future (7th density). Therefore the material is timeless. The contents of the channeling can be viewed from modern and even future perspectives. So let's revisit the content:

Quote:In a negative sense many of the gadgets among your peoples, that is what you call your communication devices
In today's context, that would mean cell phones. Cell phones can inhibit green ray activation because the interactions and results of interactions are not "real". For example, in today's time, it is popular to become Instagram models. They make it their life's work to get as many followers and likes as possible. In a way, it gives them instant gratification and adoration of others however this is not real acceptance of others. The real measure of whether someone loves you or not or accepts you or not is in a person to person group collective. This can be from a distance or it can be IRL. The importance is being able to communicate and exchange ideas with, to have real experiences with.

Quote:other distractions such as the less competitive games
In today's context, that would mean video games. The "less competitive" games would be single player games. Competitive games are a different story because that involves real people. Whenever there is a situation where real people are involved, there's always the opportunity to share experiences, ideas, affection, etc. You can see this in every big major tournament, whether you watch online via Twitch or in person. The energy of the crowd is electric.

But that's not to say that single player games are not capable of activating green ray. It just depends on the content of the story. For example, The Last of Us invoked great emotion because of the way that the player bonds with Ellie. By the end of the game, it feels like she is your daughter and the feeling of needing to go save her is very strong.

RE: 34.12 - kristina - 05-13-2019

(05-13-2019, 01:08 AM)blossom Wrote:
Quote:34.12 ▶ Questioner: I thought that that was correct, but I wasn’t sure. Can you give me the same type of information that we have been getting here with respect to the unmanifested self interacting between self and gadgets, toys, etc.— inventions?

Ra: I am Ra. In this particular instance we again concentrate for the most part in the orange and in the yellow energy centers. In a negative sense many of the gadgets among your peoples, that is what you call your communication devices and other distractions such as the less competitive games, may be seen to have the distortion of keeping the mind/body/spirit complex unactivated so that yellow- and orange-ray activity is much weakened thus carefully decreasing the possibility of eventual green-ray activation.

Others of your gadgets may be seen to be tools whereby the entity explores the capabilities of its physical or mental complexes and in some few cases, the spiritual complex, thus activating the orange ray in what you call your team sports and in other gadgets such as your modes of transport. These may be seen to be ways of investigating the feelings of power; more especially, power over others or a group power over another group of other-selves.

Hey all,
I've been pondering for a while about what was meant in this passage by "communication devices" and "modes of transport".
Could it be cellphones and internet? Though these haven't existed at that time(?) Perhaps television?
Modes of transport, cars? Or maybe UFO's?
Would love any input on this, I can't seem to understand. Tongue

Orange ray and just plain old driving a car around as it does activate the orange ray if you do not remain centered and present or conscious.

RE: 34.12 - Merrick - 05-13-2019

Does anyone perhaps think that since Ra is talking about 2nd chakra, which deals with relationships, he might be referring to buses, trains, and other modes of communal transport?

RE: 34.12 - ada - 05-13-2019

Dunno, compared to a private car I feel like public transport is much less seperating, it takes less space on the road, a group of people are in a single space, which can provide with catalyst for service, like giving your seat for an elderly/pregnant woman. Or helping someone regarding directions, often can lead to a conversation.

RE: 34.12 - Bring4th_Austin - 05-14-2019

The reason I interpret it to mean just standard driving on the roadways is their comment on "the feelings of power; more especially, power over others or a group power over another group of other-selves." What I have observed in myself and others is that emotions on the road typically have to do with control and power. There are many ways to try to assert power over others on the road in the way we drive, and it seems to me that road rage is typically sparked by a challenge or removal of that power. It might just be my personal observation, but I see these dynamics blown up to huge proportions on the road versus more intimate, in-person scenarios. Sure, people can also be jerks in normal crowds, but there just seems to be something unique about our emotions on the road. That sort of strong catalyst has pretty big potential for transformation if we work with it.

I do think public transport is ripe for catalyst too, but like blossom said, it seems to be less geared towards the ideas of exploring power over others.

RE: 34.12 - flofrog - 05-14-2019

Lol. The road for sure is a catalyst.. my husband who is now much mellowed with age, if someone is unhappy enough to block his way on the freeway, omg it’s like a raging lion suddenly awakes and i am like, what , am I married to a sixteen years old, or a Nascar pilot ? BigSmile

Sometimes I have this hilarious vision on a heavy fast freeway of all those guides disguised as cartoon angels, two by each car gripping the roof of each their wings flowing sometimes laughing to one another like ‘ boy, are they excited today ‘

RE: 34.12 - speedforce131 - 05-14-2019

You have to look at the surrounding text for context.

Quote:Others of your gadgets may be seen to be tools whereby the entity explores the capabilities of its physical or mental complexes and in some few cases, the spiritual complex, thus activating the orange ray in what you call your team sports and in other gadgets such as your modes of transport. These may be seen to be ways of investigating the feelings of power; more especially, power over others or a group power over another group of other-selves.
Power over others or group power over another group of others are in motorsports. Typically drivers compete in teams, this fulfills both power over others (the race of drivers vs other drivers) and group power over others (which team responsible for the car setup).

RE: 34.12 - Merrick - 05-14-2019

I’ve always loathed driving. I have nightmares about getting into a car with no brakes and hitting someone or another car. I feel the power of driving but that power to me was always associated with the potential for harm. I do not think of cars as a positive invention.

RE: 34.12 - Aureus - 05-17-2019

(05-13-2019, 01:08 AM)blossom Wrote: Hey all,
I've been pondering for a while about what was meant in this passage by "communication devices" [..] Perhaps television?
Probably this. It requires next to no personal effort or socializing.

In regards to modes of transport, driving a car is like wearing a piece of power armor; your potential force output is multiplied many times. In relation to a pedestrian or a cyclist, you become a god. This effect also comes in place if you drive an even more powerful car in relationship to other drivers. There are many more dynamics to this, as Austin touched on.

Overtaking somebody on the road can be a bit more dramatic than walking past someone on a side walk.. etc  BigSmile

(05-13-2019, 05:30 PM)speedforce131 Wrote: In today's context, that would mean video games. The "less competitive" games would be single player games. Competitive games are a different story because that involves real people.
Yes. I think single player games are mostly orange-ray oriented; often not as fast-paced or complex as competitive multiplayer games, which I agree are more likely to activate both orange and yellow-ray.

RE: 34.12 - speedforce131 - 05-17-2019

(05-17-2019, 03:24 PM)Aureus Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 05:30 PM)speedforce131 Wrote: In today's context, that would mean video games. The "less competitive" games would be single player games. Competitive games are a different story because that involves real people.
Yes. I think single player games are mostly orange-ray oriented; often not as fast-paced or complex as competitive multiplayer games, which I agree are more likely to activate both orange and yellow-ray.
Nevertheless, single player games can activate green-ray. Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X for example.