Bring4th
Advanced A.I. - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Science & Technology (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Advanced A.I. (/showthread.php?tid=16597)

Advanced A.I. - Zach - 11-01-2018

RE: Advanced A.I. - smiLie - 01-16-2019

There is NO A.I.

It is all BS.

It is all BS sales / marketing gimmick used to sell somewhat self-trained software. That can't really do any real A.I. and as soon as it encounters any unknown (which it has millions), has to consult with a human.

Any modern "A.I." comes with indian technical support who would have to tell it where to go as soon as it finds itself on something it did not encounter before. Which is the very next second.

RE: Advanced A.I. - hounsic - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 02:54 PM)smiLie Wrote: There is NO A.I.

It is all BS.

It is all BS sales / marketing gimmick used to sell somewhat self-trained software. That can't really do any real A.I. and as soon as it encounters any unknown (which it has millions), has to consult with a human.

Any modern "A.I." comes with indian technical support who would have to tell it where to go as soon as it finds itself on something it did not encounter before. Which is the very next second.

I would have to disagree, I believe its further along than we even believe. I guess its all up to your interpretation of AI.

RE: Advanced A.I. - smiLie - 01-17-2019

Disagree based on what?

I wrote opinion based on 20 years of software development experience. I actually discussed this two days ago with my friend who has 20 years of hardware engineering experience (microchips, etc., including 9 patents).

It has been "further along" last 50 years. Right now it can hold more power due to massive parallel processing and due to cheap storage. But you still have the same trained software that indian tech support has to "adjust" every time it encounters something it did not encounter. Indian support doesn't make artificial intelligence.

You can , of course, trick everyone and train software on millions of other people. Like with Fakebook and Pinterest they made people "find their friends and family" to train face recognition software. Or like "Musk" is training his cars on live people (some of whom quickly becoming dead during this training).

Or Alexa. It is a dumb speaker with microphone, trained to recognize only one command going toward it to understand that it needs to turn on and send everything that's being said after that to CIA/NSA/DOD "Amazon" servers. Where it is stored forever. There, a multi-parallel , multi-server process then does speech recognition (pattern recognition) quickly and sends a possible reply. Maybe "Artificial" in term that it's a FAKE, sure.

So yeah, you can have situations where you had luck training software with millions of rules and patterns. But it is still not A.I.

RE: Advanced A.I. - hounsic - 01-17-2019

From Wikipedia

Artificial intelligence
"AI" redirects here. For other uses, see AI (disambiguation) and Artificial intelligence (disambiguation).
In computer science, artificial intelligence (AI), sometimes called machine intelligence, is intelligence demonstrated by machines, in contrast to the natural intelligence displayed by humans and other animals. Computer science defines AI research as the study of "intelligent agents": any device that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chance of successfully achieving its goals.[1] More in detail, Kaplan and Haenlein define AI as “a system’s ability to correctly interpret external data, to learn from such data, and to use those learnings to achieve specific goals and tasks through flexible adaptation”.[2] Colloquially, the term "artificial intelligence" is applied when a machine mimics "cognitive" functions that humans associate with other human minds, such as "learning" and "problem solving".[3]

Sounds about right.

RE: Advanced A.I. - smiLie - 01-17-2019

(01-17-2019, 04:28 PM)hounsic Wrote: From Wikipedia

You should stop right there.

(01-17-2019, 04:28 PM)hounsic Wrote: any device that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chance of successfully achieving its goals.

Device CAN'T POSSIBLY perceive its environment.

Any hardware and/or software is designed by engineers and CODED BY PROGRAMMERS and then it may use some set of rules to train it's own usage.
It then uses these RULES saved in it's own storage to LOOK LIKE "it perceives its environment". But it doesn't.

If there's a different environment all of a sudden, this particular device will immediately encounter unknown set of situations that are not in its RULES. Typically, devices are CODED BY PROGRAMMERS to do certain things based on failure to find rules in it's database. Error processing , default steps etc. All devices default to what hardware allows and programmers coded.

The issue we are having is that storage and processing power are cheap. So these sets of rules we are now sometimes able to store on the devices. So salesmen can claim blue elephants.

There is no A.I.

RE: Advanced A.I. - hounsic - 01-17-2019

All the best to you.

RE: Advanced A.I. - smiLie - 01-18-2019

Thank you, all the best to you as well.

What I am trying to point out is that a group of STS people are trying to create a technological God and make you all believe it.

While at the same time they are running Total Data Collection and Total Surveillance State.

Their devices such as mobile phone cameras and microphones, Fakebook apps, Google Maps apps, Alexa speaker, laptop cameras and microphones, Skype, your digital TV microphones, "smart" "meters" such as Google Nest thermostat, all the massively installed digital cameras everywhere - roads, cars etc. - ALL of them are basically LISTENING AND RECORDING DEVICES.

All this data is massively recorded by Deep State intelligence operatives that pretend to be "for profit" competing companies.

A.I. is one of their memes that's used - then you don't have to explain why , say Alexa speaker or Fakebook app on your phone record everything you say and sends it directly to their servers for storage, forever. To be used , essentially, against you. You know, "it's all A.I." and not the Deep State intel agents.

Some of this would be illegal but they have Patriot Acts 1 and 2.

They are trying to make you neo-slaves, essentially.

RE: Advanced A.I. - AnthroHeart - 01-18-2019

(01-18-2019, 08:54 AM)smiLie Wrote: Thank you, all the best to you as well.

What I am trying to point out is that a group of STS people are trying to create a technological God and make you all believe it.

While at the same time they are running Total Data Collection and Total Surveillance State.

Their devices such as mobile phone cameras and microphones, Fakebook apps, Google Maps apps, Alexa speaker, laptop cameras and microphones, Skype, your digital TV microphones, "smart" "meters" such as Google Nest thermostat, all the massively installed digital cameras everywhere - roads, cars etc. - ALL of them are basically LISTENING AND RECORDING DEVICES.

All this data is massively recorded by Deep State intelligence operatives that pretend to be "for profit" competing companies.

A.I. is one of their memes that's used - then you don't have to explain why , say Alexa speaker or Fakebook app on your phone record everything you say and sends it directly to their servers for storage, forever. To be used , essentially, against you. You know, "it's all A.I." and not the Deep State intel agents.

Some of this would be illegal but they have Patriot Acts 1 and 2.

They are trying to make you  neo-slaves, essentially.

Yeah, though if you try to free yourself from being a slave, the system turns against you, and life then sucks.
I saw in some news about a guy in China who can no longer ride the bus, or get plane tickets, or anything really, because the government didn't like what he said in an article.
So they closed him out of the system.

How can a person rise up and be free without their life sucking from then on?

(01-18-2019, 08:59 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: Yeah, though if you try to free yourself from being a slave, the system turns against you, and life then sucks.
I saw in some news about a guy in China who can no longer ride the bus, or get plane tickets, or anything really, because the government didn't like what he said in an article.
So they closed him out of the system.

This is what is going on right now.

There are systems used to analyze job applicants, for instance. You will be allowed or denied job based on some "A.I." algo analyzing data it collected about you from google , facebook, likes , twits and very possible some proprietary data sets like Alexa etc.
Also they use facial recognition software to predict how good (or BAD) of an employee you will be.
Banks already use Tweets, likes and other social media data (your browsing behavior) to identify if they should give you credit cards or a mortgage, to predict how well you will pay it.
This is going on right now.

It's not even necessarily the government as also the group of these Billion dollar high tech corporations as well.

They are, essentially , going to eliminate good education for the masses and only create tech. elite via what they are trying to do - online training ("that will replace education") etc. Only people with tech regalia will be able to have access to top levels - and those will be either connected or rich (because you are going to get your kids through various online classes, trainings etc. that are targeting very NARROW, very specific skills related to math and computers, while majority won't even know they exist). So in the end there will be 1% of technologically non-elected highly paid group, and 99% of have-nots.

What is coming, probably , is the financial collapse of the Unicorns, and another .com bubble burst. So..we are going to see some of these data collecting and processing companies go bust due to lack of funding. They also get financing through Wall Street bankers, so as we are having bankers crunch, financing will somewhat disappear. And if we are lucky to get our taxes lowered yet more by Trump admin, there will be yet less money going to these companies. And as computations in these fields are huge, hardware requirements are extensive etc. majority just won't survive. Now...it'll consolidate...is consolidation better or worse? Don't know.

Separated into two posts, too long.

(01-18-2019, 08:59 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: How can a person rise up and be free without their life sucking from then on?

Don't use Fakebook and Fakebook apps.

Don't use Google Maps on your phone, if possible.

Don't store any pictures in "clouds".

Don't install any "smart" fake devices, such as Google Nest thermostat.

Don't buy Alexa or Echo speakers.

Don't post on social media - Twitter , Instagram, Fakebook, anything you say there is recorded and will be used (mostly against you). Don't click any likes.

Any medical devices and "smart" watches that sends data anywhere - again this can and will be used against you (think no health insurance in 20 years).

Don't use credit cards everywhere, use cash where possible. Even if it's convenient. I got into a habit to take $300-500 each month in cash and use it. Can't trace cash, and they will fail to go to cashless society if trillions of $ are still used somewhere (or we will not use their cashless tech).

Use secure browser that blocks ads and tracking - Firefox with Adblock Plus, any other Adblock plugin, Brave browser blocks everything by default . etc.

EDUCATE YOURSELF, THEN EDUCATE PEOPLE AROUND YOU. If enough people know this, even 1%, they will get offended, rise up and the other side would have to adjust their tricks.

RE: Advanced A.I. - smiLie - 01-19-2019

Was listening to a discussion of the REAL brain scientist.

They were saying that you need a huge number of QUADRILLION of transistors to mimic 1 (ONE) brain cell.

"A.I." is a money pit.

RE: Advanced A.I. - unity100 - 01-22-2019

(01-19-2019, 03:40 PM)smiLie Wrote: Was listening to a discussion of the REAL brain scientist.

They were saying that you need a huge number of QUADRILLION of transistors to mimic 1 (ONE) brain cell.

"A.I." is a money pit.

To be honest, your knowledge of technology seems to be needing decent reading, in order to be able to make such grand-standing statements about '25th frame!' in computer games or the AI.

AI is in opening stages yet. true. But even the opening stages of AI is enough to make a lot of experts wet their pants regarding the changes it will bring to entire society in the next few decades. To everything.

To demonstrate with an example: ~2-3 years ago Google translate had an AI update. Before the update, within the same day, it was just as klunky as how it was in the preceding years, being able to do only literal translations of small phrases or better translations of long paragraphs.

When the update went out, overnight, within just one hour, it was able to not only make much better translations for all sizes of phrases and paragraphs, but even was able to discern context, slang and other difficult stuff which would require an actual translator.

Beyond all kinds of estimations, predictions and potentials regarding future, this was something that easily demonstrated how AI is already changing the world, using a live, everyday example to those who were following it.

RE: Advanced A.I. - Dekalb_Blues - 04-02-2019

~

Two excellent articles:

https://washingtonspectator.org/pett-seamless-machines/

https://washingtonspectator.org/machines-that-collaborate-disrupt-and-make-change-challenge-our-notion-of-human-centered-society/

AI is currently at an advanced-enough state (as wielded in the terrestrial theatre-of-operations by both humans and others, STO and STS)
that it has long-since passed the jolly old Turing Test, and is now well-along the way in fulfilling Clarke's Third Law [of Practical Rule-of-Thumb
Epistemology]; also, not a few of its most outré Snowclone Variants.*

* See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke%27s_three_laws

RE: Advanced A.I. - krb - 04-02-2019

The deep state has had basically unlimited funds and many decades of their pick of the finest minds that education can produce. Do you think that "they" are going to roll out to public view the best and latest (of ANY technology) that actually exists?

The current "state of physics" is well beyond what you commonly believe.

RE: Advanced A.I. - zvonimir - 05-16-2019

Source : https://openai.com/blog/better-language-models/

https://talktotransformer.com/   I copied this from Law of One to see what comes up as answer ...........

"Let us for a moment consider thought. What is it, my friends, to take thought? Took you then thought today? What thoughts did you think today? What thoughts were part of the original thought today? In how many of your thoughts did the creation abide? Was love contained? And was service freely given? You are not part of a material universe. You are part of a thought. You are dancing in a ballroom in which there is no material. You are dancing thoughts. You move your body, your mind, and your spirit in somewhat eccentric patterns for you have not completely grasped the concept that you are part of the original thought."

answer to this text was : As I recall these ideas I did not take much thought for my own life. I was simply aware that when this thought and its thoughts were present in my mind I could not forget them or pretend that I did not see such thoughts. This awareness was called a sense of awareness and was a quality like consciousness, which came in a sense of separation from consciousness which gave this awareness its own existence and its own nature. But it didn't do me any good to think and thus to carry on the dancing

Built by Adam King (@AdamDanielKing) as an easier way to play with OpenAI's new machine learning model. In February, OpenAI unveiled a language model called GPT-2 that generates coherent paragraphs of text one word at a time.

For now OpenAI has decided only to release small and medium-sized versions of it which aren't as coherent but still produce interesting results. This site runs the new (May 3) medium-sized model, called 345M for the 345 million parameters it uses. If and when they release the full model, I'll likely get it running here.

While GPT-2 was only trained to predict the next word in a text, it surprisingly learned basic competence in some tasks like translating between languages and answering questions. That's without ever being told that it would be evaluated on those tasks

RE: Advanced A.I. - unity100 - 05-21-2019

(01-16-2019, 02:54 PM)smiLie Wrote: There is NO A.I.

It is all BS.

It is all BS sales / marketing gimmick used to sell somewhat self-trained software.

That's exactly what we are...

That's exactly what entire creation is.

Quote:That can't really do any real A.I. and as soon as it encounters any unknown (which it has millions), has to consult with a human.

When a human encounters any actual unknown, it doesnt do anything different either - it refers to its past experiences (data) and decides to do something. Which may be a success, or a flop.

The difference of AI is that we code it to stop and not take such hit and miss decisions based on its past data.

And, AI is pretty much on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iV_hB08Uns