Bring4th
A request for Tarot Cards, Please and Thank You! - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archetypes of Mind, Body, & Spirit (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: A request for Tarot Cards, Please and Thank You! (/showthread.php?tid=14061)

A request for Tarot Cards, Please and Thank You! - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 01-30-2017

I'm not the most versatile person when it comes to handy work, and so I've run into a problem.  I want a Tarot deck, but I do not want any other major arcana except the ones given here as the archetypes.  I've tried printing out and making a paper deck but crumpled tarot cards do not make for an aesthetically pleasing experience.  Is there any possible way that you handy people at L/L could somehow make plastic laminated cards to sell as a deck?  I'd be willing to pay upwards of 15 dollars for you guys to simply print out some pages, cut the images into cards, laminate, then sell them.

I personally think you'd make a pretty penny here or there, especially around the holidays when people go crazy exploring the arts of divination.  Plus interpreting the tarot readings through their core major arcana representations would be amazing versus having to work with other parodies of the major arcana pictures.

So, please consider this request of putting up a 'Law of One Major Arcana Tarot Deck' on the L/L store to buy, you'd already have one sell from me.

RE: A request for Tarot Cards, Please and Thank You! - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 02-01-2017

No? No response at all? Sad

-edit's title-
Let's see if that makes this a more approachable thread D:

RE: A request for Tarot Cards, Please and Thank You! - Billy - 02-01-2017

I actually never knew until just now after looking it up, that the cards used by L/L are unique.  They had an artist redraw some of the cards so that they could more accurately fit Ra's descriptions.  Pretty cool.  As for L/L making this deck available for purchase, I guess you will have to wait until either Gary or Austin take a look and get back to you.  I don't know how well such an item would sell to be honest.  I think there are some decks that are pretty close to the one that L/L used during the Ra contact, which I'm sure are available online for purchase.  It seems they made heavy use of the tarot cards produced by a place called 'The Church Of Light', although I don't know if they still print that specific deck anymore.  I just visited there website and it doesn't seem like they do.  Is there a place near you where you can laminate the cards?    

RE: A request for Tarot Cards, Please and Thank You! - Spaced - 02-01-2017

It would be nice to get an llresearch tarot deck, but in the meantime check this one out: https://www.light.org/tarot-cards--brotherhood-of-light-egyptian--full-color--P14C1.cfm

RE: A request for Tarot Cards, Please and Thank You! - rva_jeremy - 02-01-2017

I echo Spaced's thoughts completely.

That said, the more I read book 4, the more I think that stressing the minute details of the cards might be missing the point. The cards are a tool; they are not the heart of the archetypes. Without reflection, meditation, self-inquiry, even Ra's original images could not augment your understanding.

RE: A request for Tarot Cards, Please and Thank You! - Spaced - 02-01-2017

(02-01-2017, 10:32 AM)jeremy6d Wrote: I echo Spaced's thoughts completely.

That said, the more I read book 4, the more I think that stressing the minute details of the cards might be missing the point.  The cards are a tool; they are not the heart of the archetypes.  Without reflection, meditation, self-inquiry, even Ra's original images could not augment your understanding.

I agree. I think one's relationship with the archetypes is personal so some decks may resonate more than others. I also think some decks are better for certain types of divination than others, and some are better for meditation and contemplation, etc so I like to have multiple decks Smile

RE: A request for Tarot Cards, Please and Thank You! - Bring4th_Austin - 02-01-2017

(02-01-2017, 02:44 AM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: No?  No response at all? Sad

-edit's title-
Let's see if that makes this a more approachable thread D:

Apologies for the delay. Please know that we are super, super busy lately, and 2 days response time to emails of this nature would be a quick turn around for us! A bit of patience is very much appreciated.

You may already be aware, but only the first seven cards were ever redrawn per Ra's instructions, so we really wouldn't have much to print out. The remainder of the cards printed in Book IV are from a book called The Royal Road, and they are used because they closely resemble the copyrighted Brotherhood of Light deck that was used during the Ra contact.

Selling an L/L tarot deck would be awesome and a worthy project. It is unfortunately just not be in the cards (ha!!) in the near future. We're slammed with lots of good projects to work on.

However, I would suggest that it would cost less than $15 to buy some card stock to print the images out onto, as well as self-adhesive laminating sheets. A little bit of effort and bam, you got yourself a tarot deck.

RE: A request for Tarot Cards, Please and Thank You! - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 02-01-2017

http://www.thirddensity.com/tarot/

I only ask this because I've found that in my time studying the imagery of the above images, I've found they 'speak' to me in ways some fortune tellers describe their decks speaking to them.  The imagery above are the ones that I've come to grow...Attached to partially because the style actually mimics mine when I first began drawing more complex things as a teenager, and mostly because the little details in these cards pointed out and symbolized helps me in the spur of the moment while doing fortune readings in possibly informing me of the little details people wish to be told.

With that said, I am uncertain of a place by me that does lamination.  Heck, I was unaware of these self-adhesive laminating sheets even existing.

I'll definitely look into the decks provided and mentioned, but some part of me says the best deck for me will have the major arcana from the above website as it's core.  I could very well draw up on my own in photoshop the rest of the deck then print out and laminate those too.

Much thanks everyone!  I'm that much closer to my dream tarot deck Smile

No rush needed Austin, you're not UPS Tongue