Our astrological signs
06-19-2015, 05:49 PM,
RE: Our astrological signs
(06-19-2015, 05:37 PM)Tan.rar Wrote:  Yeah that's different from my understanding in which 8 represents transcendence and resolution. So I guess karma in a way, but the resolution thereof.

Well, I'm not sure if you remember that Ra said that the reason for karma was to rebalance the energies. I'm not sure what the exact words were. But, yeah, the resolution in the long run.

Let me see if I can hunt the quote down...

Quote:34.4 Questioner: Thank you. Would you define karma?

Ra: I am Ra. Our understanding of karma is that which may be called inertia. Those actions which are put into motion will continue using the ways of balancing until such time as the controlling or higher principle which you may liken unto your braking or stopping is invoked. This stoppage of the inertia of action may be called forgiveness. These two concepts are inseparable.
Category: Definitions: Karma
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2015, 06:14 PM,
Forgiveness is the key to many things, yet hard is it to sincerely forgive.

All is Love. All is Light. Rejoice citizens of Eternity!
06-20-2015, 04:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2015, 05:00 PM by Minyatur.)
[Image: 6NEoUSq.jpg]

This was apprently the solar system at the time of my birth. Thought the allignments were nice.

This website is : http://www.solarsystemscope.com/

I enjoy just fowarding time and looking at it.

06-20-2015, 06:55 PM,
Update:

This is what I think my astrological profile is at birth.

Sun: Scorpio
Moon: Aquarius
Ascendant: Libra (more or less at the tail end)

I've actually "rectified" my birth chart to an earlier time according to a particular formula of averages. I realized that there was a lot of chaos when I was born. They pretty much weren't in a hurry to put down the accurate time. My mom was having medical issues.

So I guess I'm not a double Scorpio then. It actually makes a lot more sense if my rising sign is Libra.
The following 1 user Likes Lighthead's post:
Minyatur
06-22-2015, 11:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2015, 11:40 PM by Minyatur.)
@Lighthead

I read a bit of Linda Goodman's book Love signs.

Started with what was relevant with my past, so Gemini-Aquarius relationship in general and Gemini (man) and Aquarius (woman). Was pretty accurate with my experience other than small areas that goes beyond just the sun signs.

Surely exploring how each sign reacts one on one with each other signs seems like a good way of studying them. It did get my interest, thanks for recommanding it! I'll probably start with Gemini-to all first rather than going in order.

06-23-2015, 01:31 AM,
(06-22-2015, 11:31 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  @Lighthead

I read a bit of Linda Goodman's book Love signs.

Started with what was relevant with my past, so Gemini-Aquarius relationship in general and Gemini (man) and Aquarius (woman). Was pretty accurate with my experience other than small areas that goes beyond just the sun signs.

Surely exploring how each sign reacts one on one with each other signs seems like a good way of studying them. It did get my interest, thanks for recommanding it! I'll probably start with Gemini-to all first rather than going in order.

Trust me when I say that even though you didn't pick the one I recommended, you still picked a pretty fascinating one. The only reason I recommended her book Sun Signs was that it gives you a good background into astrology before you start with the heavier stuff. But you really will have a lot of fun reading that. It's an oldie, but a goodie. I wouldn't be surprised if some astrologers consider her books on astrology to be classics for their time. She has a book on poetry and some other stuff, but I've only read her astrology books. And you obviously know by now, but Love Signs is a really big book. That will keep you occupied for a while. Be sure to read all the forewords and appendices. They have a lot of interesting information, too.
06-23-2015, 02:02 AM,
Sun: Aries

Ascendant: Cancer

Moon: Sagittarius 

I know very little about astrology...this thread has inspired me to do a bit of reading though
Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Zachary's post:
Minyatur
06-23-2015, 02:08 AM,
(06-19-2015, 04:48 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  
(06-19-2015, 03:33 AM)Minyatur Wrote:  
(06-19-2015, 02:02 AM)Lighthead Wrote:  
(06-18-2015, 11:49 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  
(06-18-2015, 11:17 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  My birth chart as a whole :

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal?member=&recalc=&name=&sex=t&d1day=27&d1month=5&d1year=1991&d1hour=9&d1min=30&citylist=Greenfield+Park%2C+Que+%2811%29%2C+Canada&lang=en

I see that you have Mercury in Taurus. That makes for a calm mind, as you've described before. But the main reason that I see that you have easy catalyst is Saturn in Aquarius. The most karmic planet of all is Saturn. And Saturn is exalted in Aquarius. My Saturn is in Leo, the exact opposite. That probably explains why I've had such a rough time. So that basically explains why you've had such easy catalyst, despite your Scorpio moon. And you actually have at least one grand cross, but the only major "planet" involved in that is the moon. And you also have Sun trine Saturn in close aspect. That makes for a very easy life as well. It's all in your chart. The writing is on the wall, as it were. But in a good way. At least in a way that doesn't cause ripples.

Actually...my bad! That's not a grand cross at all. That's a mystic rectangle. And I don't think that your moon is involved in any negative aspect. It seems like you're good to go... You in the show. I knew something wasn't right. I failed to look at the zodiac signs involved and assumed that it was a grand cross. And it's actually not a true mystic rectangle because there's no opposition with the moon. That's probably a lot of jargon for you, but the bottom line is that you're chart definitely indicates an easy life.

Yeah I started looking at charts into scan mode because there is a lot to learn but I do intend to go more in depth. I'll look up the website and one of Linda Goodman's book.

I recommend Love Signs to begin with. You might find it under, Linda Goodman's Love Signs.

Here it says Love Signs was a good one to begin with.

Should probably start with Sun Signs like you said.

06-23-2015, 02:31 AM,
(06-23-2015, 02:08 AM)Minyatur Wrote:  
(06-19-2015, 04:48 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  
(06-19-2015, 03:33 AM)Minyatur Wrote:  
(06-19-2015, 02:02 AM)Lighthead Wrote:  
(06-18-2015, 11:49 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  I see that you have Mercury in Taurus. That makes for a calm mind, as you've described before. But the main reason that I see that you have easy catalyst is Saturn in Aquarius. The most karmic planet of all is Saturn. And Saturn is exalted in Aquarius. My Saturn is in Leo, the exact opposite. That probably explains why I've had such a rough time. So that basically explains why you've had such easy catalyst, despite your Scorpio moon. And you actually have at least one grand cross, but the only major "planet" involved in that is the moon. And you also have Sun trine Saturn in close aspect. That makes for a very easy life as well. It's all in your chart. The writing is on the wall, as it were. But in a good way. At least in a way that doesn't cause ripples.

Actually...my bad! That's not a grand cross at all. That's a mystic rectangle. And I don't think that your moon is involved in any negative aspect. It seems like you're good to go... You in the show. I knew something wasn't right. I failed to look at the zodiac signs involved and assumed that it was a grand cross. And it's actually not a true mystic rectangle because there's no opposition with the moon. That's probably a lot of jargon for you, but the bottom line is that you're chart definitely indicates an easy life.

Yeah I started looking at charts into scan mode because there is a lot to learn but I do intend to go more in depth. I'll look up the website and one of Linda Goodman's book.

I recommend Love Signs to begin with. You might find it under, Linda Goodman's Love Signs.

Here it says Love Signs was a good one to begin with.

Should probably start with Sun Signs like you said.

Oh, s***! My bad. I totally meant to put Sun Signs. That one really slipped past me. Sorry about that.
Minyatur
06-29-2015, 11:07 PM,
The Modern Text-Book of Astrology by Margaret Hone is a good basics books.

Others:
Stephen Arroyo
Robert Hand
Liz Greene
Dane Rudhyar
Donna Cunningham
Elizabeth Springs
Noel Tyl
Karen Hamaker-Zondag
Jeff Green
Jan Spiller
Michael Gauquelin
The following 1 user Likes ree's post:
Minyatur
06-30-2015, 10:46 AM,
Aries Sun, Aquarius Rising, Sag Moon
There is no magic greater than honest distortion toward love.
The following 1 user Likes Jade's post:
Minyatur
06-30-2015, 11:29 AM,
I imagine this is the best approach to learning astrology..getting your chart then just breaking it down and reading everything you can from a variety of resources.

Does anyone recommend particular books over others though? I'm being drawn to astrology. I once had my chart read and was floored how accurately it described me and the direction I wanted to take in life.
The following 1 user Likes native's post:
Jade
06-30-2015, 11:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015, 11:38 AM by native.)
(06-19-2015, 01:21 AM)Lighthead Wrote:  I also like Alan Leo.

I came across his book Esoteric Astrology in the bookstore. You've read it? How much does the esoteric system contrast with traditional astrology, whatever that is? And is his esoteric astrology different than Alice Bailey's? I looked the term up and her name came up.
06-30-2015, 12:19 PM,
(06-30-2015, 11:29 AM)Icaro Wrote:  I imagine this is the best approach to learning astrology..getting your chart then just breaking it down and reading everything you can from a variety of resources.

Does anyone recommend particular books over others though? I'm being drawn to astrology. I once had my chart read and was floored how accurately it described me and the direction I wanted to take in life.

Someone already mentioned Liz Greene, who is one of my favorites. The way I learned astrology was just the internet, really - I'd draw up a chart of myself or someone I know, and then slowly take apart their chart and learn along the way. It's beneficial to read a few books just to get the order down and to learn the basic archetypical structure of the symbols, but learning how to read a chart is like learning a whole new language, and the easiest way to practice is to just *do*. Just like anything involving the subtle metaphysical arts, it's more of a practice of learning to trust one's intuition (once the basic language structure is understood).
There is no magic greater than honest distortion toward love.
06-30-2015, 01:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015, 08:29 PM by native.)
Great..yet another interest that will involve loads and loads of reading Tongue  It does seem like learning a new language. Thanks for the recommendation. It sounds like Robert Hand is a standard.

I found an answer to my question about Alan Leo..he came before Bailey. http://www.esotericquarterly.com/issues/EQ01/EQ0104/EQ010405-Richmond.pdf
06-30-2015, 01:14 PM,
(06-30-2015, 01:03 PM)Icaro Wrote:  Great..yet another interest that will involve loads and loads of reading Tongue  It does seem like learning a new language. Thanks for the recommendation. It sounds like Robert Hand is a standard.

I found an answer to my question about Alan Leo..he came before Bailey. Link

I'm just not doing anything because there's too much to do. It started with the Ra material and now I've already read tons of other things without even finishing it.

06-30-2015, 01:31 PM,
Yeah, life is way too interesting. I start too many things without finishing them as well.
06-30-2015, 03:55 PM,
Sun - Virgo
Ascendant - Gemini
Moon - Capricorn

Online moon calculator  http://www.moonsigncalendar.net/moonsignfound.asp?Name=&Tagzahl=2&Monat=9&Jahr=1976&zeitzone=0&Stunde=23&Minute=35&winkel=ja

Smile
...the highest wisdom is to suffer all men to have full liberty to think on all subjects in their own way. - OAHSPE  
The following 1 user Likes Nicholas's post:
Minyatur
06-30-2015, 04:16 PM,
(06-30-2015, 11:33 AM)Icaro Wrote:  
(06-19-2015, 01:21 AM)Lighthead Wrote:  I also like Alan Leo.

I came across his book Esoteric Astrology in the bookstore. You've read it? How much does the esoteric system contrast with traditional astrology, whatever that is? And is his esoteric astrology different than Alice Bailey's? I looked the term up and her name came up.

I haven't read that book. The main Alan Leo book that I've read is, How to Judge a Nativity. That book is very much in line with traditional astrology since it classifies Saturn and Mars as malefics, for example, when modern astrologers don't see those planets as being fundamentally bad. I think that I might have had an Alice Bailey book at one point, but I'm not really an expert on her.

Actually, I just looked her up on Wikipedia and don't think I ever had any of her books. And she wrote a book called, Esoteric Astrology, not Alan Leo.
06-30-2015, 05:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015, 05:23 PM by ree.)
I really recommend Margaret Hone's book. It's classical, basic astrology. I learned to calculate aspects and draw charts by hand. That's real fun. All other forms, esoteric, Jungian, Uranian, Magi, Sidereal, Synodic what have you - you need to learn terminology and technique first.
---
Sgns-in-planet are not as important as planetary symbolisms, aspects, and planetary geometry. When a constellation is traveling, you have no real mathematical calculation. Planets make aspects (mathematical angles) with each other, then create a geometric shape in an imaginary wheel creates more energy. A lot of people will fall into the Forer's Effect of agreeing with whatever interpretation or believe their signs-in-planet doesn't really fit them. If the person is in the latter category, they are more likely to identify with interpretations from aspects and planetary geometry. Plus charts are as dynamic as the person. So many different ways to interpret a chart based on the native's (the person getting the reading) situation in life. Astrology is like a never ending study haha. Love it.
The following 2 users Like ree's post:
Nicholas, sunnysideup
06-30-2015, 06:52 PM,
Sun = Pisces
Moon= Aries
Ascendant = Cancer
Mercury = Pisces
Venus = Taurus
Mars = Pisces
Saturn = Aquarius

Born - March 15 1964 3:05 p.m. in Niskayuna, N.Y.

Not sure what it all means,...... would love to know.
No, rather it was a greeting from a malfunctioning electronic machine.
The following 1 user Likes mjlabadia's post:
Minyatur
06-30-2015, 07:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015, 07:03 PM by native.)
(06-30-2015, 04:16 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  I haven't read that book. The main Alan Leo book that I've read is, How to Judge a Nativity. That book is very much in line with traditional astrology since it classifies Saturn and Mars as malefics, for example, when modern astrologers don't see those planets as being fundamentally bad.

Actually, I just looked her up on Wikipedia and don't think I ever had any of her books. And she wrote a book called, Esoteric Astrology, not Alan Leo.

Is that a good or bad thing in your opinion about malefics?

Alan Leo's Esoteric Astrology =x

(06-30-2015, 05:22 PM)metieta Wrote:  I really recommend Margaret Hone's book. It's classical, basic astrology. I learned to calculate aspects and draw charts by hand. That's real fun. All other forms, esoteric, Jungian, Uranian, Magi, Sidereal, Synodic what have you - you need to learn terminology and technique first.

Thanks! I'll look it up.
06-30-2015, 08:20 PM,
(06-30-2015, 07:02 PM)Icaro Wrote:  
(06-30-2015, 04:16 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  I haven't read that book. The main Alan Leo book that I've read is, How to Judge a Nativity. That book is very much in line with traditional astrology since it classifies Saturn and Mars as malefics, for example, when modern astrologers don't see those planets as being fundamentally bad.

Is that a good or bad thing in your opinion about malefics?

Alan Leo's Esoteric Astrology =x

That book was written in 1979 and Alan Leo died in 1917. I'm pretty sure it's a mistake on the part of Amazon. I think that it's a weird coincidence that the astrologer that you mentioned, Alice Bailey, wrote a book with the same name.

As far as malefics go, I sort of think that modern astrologers want to, sort of, sanitize astrology to make it more appealing to younger people who may be intimidated by the complexity of astrology. They also want to integrate planets into the field of the modern sciences, like psychology and the like. But I think that there is a lot of wisdom to traditional astrology. But there's no hard and fast rule. We have to accept that as society evolves, astrology has to evolve as well. So I think that, as time goes on, traditional astrology will become less and less relevant. Not because it actually is less relevant, but because society is moving beyond the overly complex "old" system.

But, ultimately, that's why you have to know what you're doing because if you try to interpret charts and say, we have to 100% accept the new way, or 100% accept the new way, that's basically the way the amateur goes about it. You can't throw the baby out with the bath water.

The best way to go about it is to use the old system in a chart and then use the new system and compare. And just in case you don't know, the old system says that any planet, house or aspect that is formed with a malefic is weakened. With a benefic (Venus, Jupiter), the opposite. Mars is the lesser malefic and Saturn is the greater malefic. Venus is the lesser benefic and Jupiter is the greater benefic. Jupiter is said to be very lucky and Venus is mildly lucky when compared to Jupiter.

So to summarize: I think that traditional astrology can still be relevant, but it is becoming increasingly less relevant. But there is a great amount of wisdom in it. And Alan Leo is an absolute genius.
06-30-2015, 08:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015, 08:41 PM by native.)
(06-30-2015, 08:20 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  That book was written in 1979 and Alan Leo died in 1917. I'm pretty sure it's a mistake on the part of Amazon. I think that it's a weird coincidence that the astrologer that you mentioned, Alice Bailey, wrote a book with the same name.

As far as malefics go, I sort of think that modern astrologers want to, sort of, sanitize astrology to make it more appealing to younger people who may be intimidated by the complexity of astrology. They also want to integrate planets into the field of the modern sciences, like psychology and the like. But I think that there is a lot of wisdom to traditional astrology. But there's no hard and fast rule. We have to accept that as society evolves, astrology has to evolve as well. So I think that, as time goes on, traditional astrology will become less and less relevant. Not because it actually is less relevant, but because society is moving beyond the overly complex "old" system.

But, ultimately, that's why you have to know what you're doing because if you try to interpret charts and say, we have to 100% accept the new way, or 100% accept the new way, that's basically the way the amateur goes about it. You can't throw the baby out with the bath water.

The best way to go about it is to use the old system in a chart and then use the new system and compare. And just in case you don't know, the old system says that any planet, house or aspect that is formed with a malefic is weakened. With a benefic (Venus, Jupiter), the opposite. Mars is the lesser malefic and Saturn is the greater malefic. Venus is the lesser benefic and Jupiter is the greater benefic. Jupiter is said to be very lucky and Venus is mildly lucky when compared to Jupiter.

So to summarize: I think that traditional astrology can still be relevant, but it is becoming increasingly less relevant. But there is a great amount of wisdom in it. And Alan Leo is an absolute genius.

Amazon can be tricky..the dates can be reissues which is what they have posted. I've confused myself many-a-time looking at books or cd's and their dates. I was flipping through Leo's book at a used bookstore the other day, so it does exist Tongue  I did a google search and Leo and Bailey were both theosophists, which is where the esoteric influence apparently comes from  http://www.esotericquarterly.com/issues/EQ01/EQ0104/EQ010405-Richmond.pdf

By what you describe, it sounds like astrology allows room for interpretation just like the tarot, and can be used to experience higher states of consciousness by observing patterns and tuning into them.
06-30-2015, 09:02 PM,
Astrological charts are very dynamic - so many ways to interpret based on the specific context of your query or situation/stage in life of the native (person you are doing reading for). That's why you have to understand some aspects of the native or get confirmation/feedback to make sure you get to interpretations right. 

Som gnostics integrate astrology, Kabbala, and tarot. Samael Aun Woer for e.g.
More philosophical than for analyzing personality & very interesting.
The following 1 user Likes ree's post:
native
06-30-2015, 09:44 PM,
(06-30-2015, 08:40 PM)Icaro Wrote:  
(06-30-2015, 08:20 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  That book was written in 1979 and Alan Leo died in 1917. I'm pretty sure it's a mistake on the part of Amazon. I think that it's a weird coincidence that the astrologer that you mentioned, Alice Bailey, wrote a book with the same name.

Amazon can be tricky..the dates can be reissues which is what they have posted. I've confused myself many-a-time looking at books or cd's and their dates. I was flipping through Leo's book at a used bookstore the other day, so it does exist Tongue  I did a google search and Leo and Bailey were both theosophists, which is where the esoteric influence apparently comes from  http://www.esotericquarterly.com/issues/EQ01/EQ0104/EQ010405-Richmond.pdf

By what you describe, it sounds like astrology allows room for interpretation just like the tarot, and can be used to experience higher states of consciousness by observing patterns and tuning into them.

I just looked at Wikipedia right now, and he apparently did write that book. It just seems odd that they would both give the same title to a book considering they moved in the same circles. I guess that it can be viewed as both odd and not odd, depending on your point of view.

Yeah, I think that you definitely could use astrology like that. But I think that it's just mainly used to find out about people, places and things. I, personally, have never meditated on a planet or anything like that. I've pondered over that kind of thing since I was a kid. But I don't see why you couldn't do that. And come to think of it, I used to have a book on magick that dealt with absorbing the energies of the planets and utilizing them for magical purposes. It even dealt with the tarot. The author even linked the tarot, astrology and the tree of life. For someone who's into the LoO material, that book would be phenomenal. The book is called, New Millennium Magic by Donald Tyson. I thought it was interesting. But since I never really got too deep into magic(k), it wasn't as useful for me. It's an extremely fascinating book, though. A little difficult to understand, but it's good. But knowing about magick helps.
07-01-2015, 08:49 AM,
Sun Taurus
Moon Capricorn
Ascent Aries

The following 1 user Likes Matt1's post:
Minyatur
07-01-2015, 11:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015, 01:01 PM by native.)
(06-30-2015, 09:44 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  Yeah, I think that you definitely could use astrology like that. But I think that it's just mainly used to find out about people, places and things. I, personally, have never meditated on a planet or anything like that. I've pondered over that kind of thing since I was a kid. But I don't see why you couldn't do that. And come to think of it, I used to have a book on magick that dealt with absorbing the energies of the planets and utilizing them for magical purposes. It even dealt with the tarot. The author even linked the tarot, astrology and the tree of life. For someone who's into the LoO material, that book would be phenomenal. The book is called, New Millennium Magic by Donald Tyson. I thought it was interesting. But since I never really got too deep into magic(k), it wasn't as useful for me. It's an extremely fascinating book, though. A little difficult to understand, but it's good. But knowing about magick helps.

Oh I wouldn't meditate on the planets either hehe. I was coming from the perspective that I'm beginning to see how useful astrology can be for understanding our archetypal nature, which is basically what I think you're saying about how it helps us understand people.

Did you know Ra suggested looking into astrology and the tree of life as well?

Quote:76.9 We shall repeat information. It is appropriate to study one form of constructed and organized distortion of the archetypical mind in depth in order to arrive at the position of being able to become and to experience archetypes at will. You have three basic choices. You may choose astrology, the twelve signs, as you call these portions of your planet’s energy web, and what has been called the ten planets. You may choose the tarot with its twenty-two so-called Major Arcana. You may choose the study of the so-called Tree of Life with its ten Sephiroth and the twenty-two relationships between the stations.

It is well to investigate each discipline, not as a dilettante, but as one who seeks the touchstone, one who wishes to feel the pull of the magnet. One of these studies will be more attractive to the seeker. Let the seeker then investigate the archetypical mind using, basically, one of these three disciplines. After a period of study, the discipline mastered sufficiently, the seeker may then complete the more important step: that is, the moving beyond the written in order to express in an unique fashion its understanding, if you may again pardon the noun, of the archetypical mind.
07-01-2015, 02:10 PM,
(07-01-2015, 11:55 AM)Icaro Wrote:  
(06-30-2015, 09:44 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  Yeah, I think that you definitely could use astrology like that. But I think that it's just mainly used to find out about people, places and things. I, personally, have never meditated on a planet or anything like that. I've pondered over that kind of thing since I was a kid. But I don't see why you couldn't do that. And come to think of it, I used to have a book on magick that dealt with absorbing the energies of the planets and utilizing them for magical purposes. It even dealt with the tarot. The author even linked the tarot, astrology and the tree of life. For someone who's into the LoO material, that book would be phenomenal. The book is called, New Millennium Magic by Donald Tyson. I thought it was interesting. But since I never really got too deep into magic(k), it wasn't as useful for me. It's an extremely fascinating book, though. A little difficult to understand, but it's good. But knowing about magick helps.

Oh I wouldn't meditate on the planets either hehe. I was coming from the perspective that I'm beginning to see how useful astrology can be for understanding our archetypal nature, which is basically what I think you're saying about how it helps us understand people.

Did you know Ra suggested looking into astrology and the tree of life as well?

Quote:76.9 We shall repeat information. It is appropriate to study one form of constructed and organized distortion of the archetypical mind in depth in order to arrive at the position of being able to become and to experience archetypes at will. You have three basic choices. You may choose astrology, the twelve signs, as you call these portions of your planet’s energy web, and what has been called the ten planets. You may choose the tarot with its twenty-two so-called Major Arcana. You may choose the study of the so-called Tree of Life with its ten Sephiroth and the twenty-two relationships between the stations.

It is well to investigate each discipline, not as a dilettante, but as one who seeks the touchstone, one who wishes to feel the pull of the magnet. One of these studies will be more attractive to the seeker. Let the seeker then investigate the archetypical mind using, basically, one of these three disciplines. After a period of study, the discipline mastered sufficiently, the seeker may then complete the more important step: that is, the moving beyond the written in order to express in an unique fashion its understanding, if you may again pardon the noun, of the archetypical mind.

Yes, I think that astrology can def help us in that way. But to be honest, I feel that I've been studying it for so long (since I was a kid) that it's hard for me to see its objective value and analyze it from a universal perspective. It's kind of hard to explain what I'm talking about. But I do like the archetypal aspect of it like you said.

I definitely did know that about what Ra said, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw it. I used to be into Seth before I was into Ra, and Seth said very little about astrology. In total, he did say some stuff about astrology.
native
07-08-2015, 12:28 PM,
I know astrology has a long history influenced by several cultures, but does anyone know of a book or website that details the main influences of how the planets came to represent what they do?