Bring4th
Hypocriticalness - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Hypocriticalness (/showthread.php?tid=9768)

Hypocriticalness - AnthroHeart - 08-03-2014

My mom just got onto me for going to what she thought was sites about God. She doesn't want me following or taking interest in God.
She's trying now to control my religious beliefs.
I told her it was an atheist site and she seemed OK with that, but then told me that God was male energy.

She's trying to keep me from God, when she believes in it herself. Talk about hypocritical.

It's upsetting that I don't have religious freedom in my own home.

She does offer me bucketloads of catalyst as another user put it. She is VERY controlling.

RE: Hypocriticalness - Plenum - 08-04-2014

(08-03-2014, 07:58 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: She does offer me bucketloads of catalyst as another user put it. She is VERY controlling.

has she always been this way?

RE: Hypocriticalness - AnthroHeart - 08-04-2014

As far as I can remember, yes. I remember as a kid when she got onto us for things we didn't do. She left though when I was young.

It's frustrating when someone tells you not to look at things about God, when they profess to know God better than you.

I sent my mom the Law of One, but she never commented on it, so I think it was over her head.

RE: Hypocriticalness - Karl - 08-04-2014

She sounds like a b**** GW.

RE: Hypocriticalness - Steppingfeet - 08-04-2014

(08-03-2014, 07:58 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: My mom just got onto me for going to what she thought was sites about God. She doesn't want me following or taking interest in God.
She's trying now to control my religious beliefs.
I told her it was an atheist site and she seemed OK with that, but then told me that God was male energy.

She's trying to keep me from God, when she believes in it herself. Talk about hypocritical.

It's upsetting that I don't have religious freedom in my own home.

She does offer me bucketloads of catalyst as another user put it. She is VERY controlling.

You seem to be an able communicator. Perhaps you can communicate what your spirituality means to you, and the path you attempt to walk. : )

(08-04-2014, 06:53 PM)Karl Wrote: She sounds like a b**** GW.

6:18pm

I'm tired of all her profanity. She curses a lot.
It makes me want to say NO to her when she asks me to do something for her.

When I do what she asks, she complains that I did it wrong.

6:55pm
I suddenly feel some unconditional love for her in my heart.

(08-04-2014, 06:54 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: You seem to be an able communicator. Perhaps you can communicate what your spirituality means to you, and the path you attempt to walk. : )

6:18pm

I'd have a hard time communicating with her. I wrote an email to her that was not so nice telling her to mind her business. My patience wears thin with her.

6:55pm
I'm sorry I was rude to her. She's not a well person.

And now she's mad that she has to check her email and signing into it LOL

I told her that I had sent her an email for her to check. I expect a lot of negativity from her in response.

Ha, I was right. She threw our steaks to the dogs.
And she's raising a fuss.

RE: Hypocriticalness - Alex Zachary - 08-05-2014

Put her in a nursing home and send her love cards, once in a while.

RE: Hypocriticalness - Steppingfeet - 08-05-2014

(08-04-2014, 06:54 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: You seem to be an able communicator. Perhaps you can communicate what your spirituality means to you, and the path you attempt to walk. : )

(08-04-2014, 07:17 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: I'd have a hard time communicating with her. I wrote an email to her that was not so nice telling her to mind her business. My patience wears thin with her.

What if you wrote yourself an essay? What if you answered questions that were meaningful to you, such as:

--Why I follow what I consider to be a spiritual path?
--What is it that I am seeking?
--What do I find beautiful in the world?
--What is love to me?
--What is service?

etc, etc.

And then shared your essays with your mom?

Or what if you wrote a piece describing what you enjoy about her mom, emphasizing all her positive traits and that which is beautiful about her.

That might not only be helpful to you in that it aids you to see her at the soul level, beyond her outer behavior and distortions, but, if you shared it with her, might help her to know that her son loves her. Might help her to see a reflection of herself she probably doesn't get often, if at all. It might help to create some healing/bonding where it seems most needed.

Just throwing some ideas out there. I enjoy communication through the written word so naturally composition is going to be an idea that is particularly appealing to me. I think it can be a very powerful medium. Please of course disregard if they seem to have no utility in your life.

Love/Light, GLB

RE: Hypocriticalness - Plenum - 08-06-2014

(08-04-2014, 08:18 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: Ha, I was right. She threw our steaks to the dogs.

damn huh. I remembering doing that to my sister once. I was responsible for cooking meals a lot of the time growing up when both my parents were working.

anyway, one day, I must have been extra grumpy or something (a seriously moody child), and I had cooked the dinner for my brother and sister - both younger than me, and I was pretty much the boss of the house. I can't even remember what pissed me off (maybe my sister didn't come down for dinner when I called her, she was quite the Gemini and her ability to shift focus spontaneously drove me mad a lot of the time; ironic, since I'm quite hairbrained myself these days ...) and so after 5 minutes, still no response, I took her plate, walked to the trashbin in the kitchen, and dumped the steak, leaving what else was on the plate for her. Took the plate back to the table, and set it down calmly.

I continue eating. My brother, being as kind as he is, doesn't say anything.

I finish eating. Stay sitting at the table. My sister shows up a little while after, and looks at her plate. "Where's my steak?" she asks, and I point at the bin. She goes over and has a look, sees her nicely cooked steak in the bin, and is pissed of course. She decides to one up me and takes her plate, and empties it in the kitchen sink, knowing full well I"ll have to clean up the mess. She then marches back to her room upstairs, and a loud slamming door is heard (kinda shakes the house too when she gets that mad).

anyway, suffice it to say, growing up, things were not the easiest between me and my sister. We did patch things up a few years later, when a mutual sorry was exchanged via long letters, which was sort of like a confession of the feelings and ill-will of many years. Actually, in very recent years, ever since she became a mother, and I tempered a lot of my own self-discipline - we actually get along really really well. It's like growing up, we couldn't accept the mutual lessons we were offering to each other. The Gemini to be less flightly, and more responsible, and the Capricorn to be less single focus, and allow themselves to be more spontaneous and free in the moment.

anyway, I was quite the a-hole growing up BigSmile

RE: Hypocriticalness - isis - 08-06-2014

(08-06-2014, 08:41 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote:
(08-04-2014, 08:18 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: Ha, I was right. She threw our steaks to the dogs.

damn huh. I remembering doing that to my sister once. I was responsible for cooking meals a lot of the time growing up when both my parents were working.

anyway, one day, I must have been extra grumpy or something (a seriously moody child), and I had cooked the dinner for my brother and sister - both younger than me, and I was pretty much the boss of the house. I can't even remember what pissed me off (maybe my sister didn't come down for dinner when I called her, she was quite the Gemini and her ability to shift focus spontaneously drove me mad a lot of the time; ironic, since I'm quite hairbrained myself these days ...) and so after 5 minutes, still no response, I took her plate, walked to the trashbin in the kitchen, and dumped the steak, leaving what else was on the plate for her. Took the plate back to the table, and set it down calmly.

I continue eating. My brother, being as kind as he is, doesn't say anything.

I finish eating. Stay sitting at the table. My sister shows up a little while after, and looks at her plate. "Where's my steak?" she asks, and I point at the bin. She goes over and has a look, sees her nicely cooked steak in the bin, and is pissed of course. She decides to one up me and takes her plate, and empties it in the kitchen sink, knowing full well I"ll have to clean up the mess. She then marches back to her room upstairs, and a loud slamming door is heard (kinda shakes the house too when she gets that mad).

anyway, suffice it to say, growing up, things were not the easiest between me and my sister. We did patch things up a few years later, when a mutual sorry was exchanged via long letters, which was sort of like a confession of the feelings and ill-will of many years. Actually, in very recent years, ever since she became a mother, and I tempered a lot of my own self-discipline - we actually get along really really well. It's like growing up, we couldn't accept the mutual lessons we were offering to each other. The Gemini to be less flightly, and more responsible, and the Capricorn to be less single focus, and allow themselves to be more spontaneous and free in the moment.

u're still quite the a-hole...(joking) BigSmile

RE: Hypocriticalness - xise - 08-06-2014

Intense plenum.

When you say you "tempered a lot of my self-discipline", what exactly do you mean?

Also, if possible, can you recount or reconstruct your step by step thinking (rather than just a vague pissed off or moody) when you threw out your sisters steak?

That might allow me or GW better understand you or GW's mother as to what exactly was being thought when the situation went down.

RE: Hypocriticalness - Plenum - 08-06-2014

Plenum takes the stand. Places hand on the bible. I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Cross-Examiner xise takes up position.

xise: "When you say you "tempered a lot of my self-discipline", what exactly do you mean?"

Plenum: I mean, that the Capricorn nature (as best I understand it) is built upon a life of planning. There are rarely short term goals, but rather large lofty ideals that the goat wishes to plant into existence. These attitudes meshed well with various asian cultural ideals regards acquisition, success, and wealth. And so I really was blind to a lot of my nature as I was growing up. I just thought it was ok and balanced to be so driven and focused as I was.

xise: thank you. I reserve the right to followup on that line of questioning later. Now, onto this question: "Also, if possible, can you recount or reconstruct your step by step thinking (rather than just a vague pissed off or moody) when you threw out your sisters stake?"

Plenum: yes, I believe I can share what I can remember, although it is many years since the event.

Well, I was pissed off that my sister showed a lack of gratitude. Both for my efforts in preparing the meal, and also that we actually got to have steak at all (it was quite the rare treat for us).

So my thinking was: if you can't appreciate good things, then I will take them away (ie destroy it, so that you will appreciate what you had by taking it away).

I'm sure there was also an element of anger that I was being ignored when I asked my sister to come to dinner, but that was already a known part of her personality, and everyone knew (and she still does it to this day! although not quite as bad lol), that she could never turn up on time for ANYTHING. It used to infuriate my mother as well, to the point where she refused to drive her to school, as my sister would keep her waiting endlessly. My father was a bit more patient, and eventually took on those duties (of being mr driver) when it was needed.

(interjection from the crowd)
isis: are you still an a-hole Plenum?

Plenum, unruffled: not quite as bad, but I did leave myself wide open for that. Thanks for driving a truck through that opening BigSmile

I do like to think I've changed a bit.

Council of Nine: this sitting is adjourned. Please reconvene after the tea break.

RE: Hypocriticalness - Horuseus - 08-06-2014

isis Wrote:a-hole?

(08-06-2014, 05:56 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: I did leave myself wide open for that.

Quote:Thanks for driving a truck through that opening

Jeebus, you had to go there didn't you?!

RE: Hypocriticalness - xise - 08-06-2014

haha Plenum sorry that totally did sound like a cross...old habits die hard!

thanks for being a sport and playing along buddy Smile

We've all been where you have been, no worries man.

RE: Hypocriticalness - BlatzAdict - 08-08-2014

I don't understand why you have to believe her, just because her voice is stubborn as f*** doesn't mean you should budge.

It means it's a place for you to figure out how to forge yourself into what you know, because otherwise how else will you learn to trust your own inner guidance system.

RE: Hypocriticalness - manniz - 08-09-2014

(08-06-2014, 08:41 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: I was responsible for cooking meals a lot of the time growing up when both my parents were working.

Plenum, no way you were ever the ahole. Actually, I think it is really cute that as the elder sibling, you cooked for your younger brother and sister. I love these kinda stories.

Gemini, you are gonna learn patience for sure with your Mom. Though to be honest that dumping the steaks story is little bit funny. Must have been sad for you, but the tantrum thrown by your Mom is kinda funny. You would think that being older than you, she would take care of you and support you with your issues. Instead you are the sensible one here. Oh well, good luck.

RE: Hypocriticalness - AnthroHeart - 08-09-2014

(08-09-2014, 03:20 PM)manniz Wrote:
(08-06-2014, 08:41 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: I was responsible for cooking meals a lot of the time growing up when both my parents were working.

Plenum, no way you were ever the ahole. Actually, I think it is really cute that as the elder sibling, you cooked for your younger brother and sister. I love these kinda stories.

Gemini, you are gonna learn patience for sure with your Mom. Though to be honest that dumping the steaks story is little bit funny. Must have been sad for you, but the tantrum thrown by your Mom is kinda funny. You would think that being older than you, she would take care of you and support you with your issues. Instead you are the sensible one here. Oh well, good luck.

My mom cooks for me a lot, so it's not all bad. She gives me $100 a month to help out as well. Well, not every month, but many months she has.

We get along well, though our spiritual beliefs differ slightly. She believes she has seen God. I know the time I thought I was talking to God was only an illusion. I don't profess to know God.