Bring4th
Session 005 - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Ra Contact Sessions: 1 - 106 (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Thread: Session 005 (/showthread.php?tid=9748)

Session 005 - The Ra Contact Sessions - 08-02-2014

Session 5
January 23, 1981

RA: I am Ra. I greet you in the love and the light of the Infinite Creator. I communicate now.

QUESTIONER: The last time we communicated we were speaking of learning of healing. It is my impression that from what you gave to us in the earlier session that it is necessary to first purify the self by certain disciplines and exercises. Then in order to heal a patient, it is necessary, by example, and possibly certain exercises, to create a mental configuration in the patient that allows him to heal himself. Am I correct?

RA: I am Ra. Although your learn/understanding distortion is essentially correct, your choice of vibratory sound complex is not entirely as accurate as this language allows.

It is not by example that the healer does the working. The working exists in and of itself. The healer is only the catalyst, much as this instrument has the catalysis necessary to provide the channel for our words, yet by example or exercise of any kind can take no thought for this working.

The healing working is congruent in that it is a form of channeling some distortion of the intelligent infinity.

QUESTIONER: We have decided to accept, if offered, the honor/duty of learning/teaching the healing process. I would ask as to the first step which we should accomplish in becoming effective healers.

RA: I am Ra. We shall begin with the first of the three teachings/learnings.

We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

The second mental discipline is acceptance of the completeness within your consciousness. It is not for a being of polarity in the physical consciousness to pick and choose among attributes, thus building the roles that cause blockages and confusions in the already-distorted mind complex. Each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions that the faculty you call judgment engenders.

The third discipline of the mind is a repetition of the first but with the gaze outward towards the fellow entities that it meets. In each entity there exists completeness. Thus, the ability to understand each balance is necessary. When you view patience, you are responsible for mirroring in your mental understanding, patience/impatience. When you view impatience, it is necessary for your mental configuration of understanding to be impatience/patience. We use this as a simple example. Most configurations of mind have many facets, and understanding of either self polarities, or what you would call other-self polarities, can and must be understood as subtle work.

The next step is the acceptance of the other-self polarities, which mirrors the second step.

These are the first four steps of learning mental discipline. The fifth step involves observing the geographical and geometrical relationships and ratios of the mind, the other mind, the mass mind, and the infinite mind.

The second area of learn/teaching is the study/understanding of the body complexes. It is necessary to know your body well. This is a matter of using the mind to examine how the feelings, the biases, what you would call the emotions, affect various portions of the body complex. It shall be necessary to both understand the bodily polarities and to accept them, repeating in a chemical/physical manifestation the work you have done upon the mind bethinking the consciousness.

The body is a creature of the mind’s creation. It has its biases. The biological bias must be first completely understood and then the opposite bias allowed to find full expression in understanding. Again, the process of acceptance of the body as a balanced, as well as polarized, individual may then be accomplished.

It is then the task to extend this understanding to the bodies of the other-selves whom you will meet. The simplest example of this is the understanding that each biological male is female; each biological female is male. This is a simple example. However, in almost every case wherein you are attempting the understanding of the body of self or other-self, you will again find that the most subtle discernment is necessary in order to fully grasp the polarity complexes involved.

At this time we would suggest closing the description until the next time of work so that we may devote time to the third area commensurate with its importance.

We can answer a query if it is a short one before we leave this instrument.

QUESTIONER: Is the instrument comfortable? Is there any other thing that would increase the instrument’s comfort? That’s all.

RA: I am Ra. The candle could be rotated clockwise approximately 10° each session to improve the flow of spiraled energy through the being’s receiving mechanisms. This particular configuration is well otherwise. But we ask that the objects described and used be centered with geometric care and checked from time to time. Also that they not be exposed to that space/time in which work is not of importance.

I am Ra. I leave this instrument in the love and light of the One Infinite Creator. Go forth rejoicing in the power and the peace of the One Creator. Adonai.

Link to session on LawofOne.info.

RE: Session 005 - Bring4th_Austin - 05-06-2015

Continuing a re-read of the material with an angle for creating a study group. Any thoughts or ideas about these things would be very useful! Not looking for objective interpretations or a debate, but rather a range of perspectives that will add to my own understanding. If possible, please use the "View Source" function (the button to the far right on the toolbar) and copy+paste each point into it's own quote tags.

Quote:The healer is only the catalyst, much as this instrument has the catalysis necessary to provide the channel for our words, yet by example or exercise of any kind can take no thought for this working.

Is Ra referring to the fact that Carla does not consciously know or remember the words spoken during the contact?

Quote:We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

What is the key difference is between the ability to retain silence and the ability to control the mind’s thoughts?

Quote:Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

The geography, hierarchy, and relationships seem to me to be a reference to the archetypal nature of the mind, or at least the type of structure which may be examined through study of the archetypes. Is there are broader or more narrow interpretation?

Quote:It is not for a being of polarity in the physical consciousness to pick and choose among attributes, thus building the roles that cause blockages and confusions in the already-distorted mind complex. Each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions that the faculty you call judgment engenders.

There seems to be a subtle distinction between picking and choosing attributes and “making the choice” – what are the key differences?

Quote:The simplest example of this is the understanding that each biological male is female; each biological female is male.

What might be some other examples of how this bodily polarity may be expressed?

RE: Session 005 - Minyatur - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 02:33 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: Continuing a re-read of the material with an angle for creating a study group. Any thoughts or ideas about these things would be very useful! Not looking for objective interpretations or a debate, but rather a range of perspectives that will add to my own understanding. If possible, please use the "View Source" function (the button to the far right on the toolbar) and copy+paste each point into it's own quote tags.

Quote:The healer is only the catalyst, much as this instrument has the catalysis necessary to provide the channel for our words, yet by example or exercise of any kind can take no thought for this working.

Is Ra referring to the fact that Carla does not consciously know or remember the words spoken during the contact?

I do not think so, more that the entity is a catalyst for those who need it as part of their own path. I would view Ra who provides the words also as a catalyst for those who listen. There is only unity, other-selves who provide couldn't have done any other way since before any beginning.

Quote:We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

What is the key difference is between the ability to retain silence and the ability to control the mind’s thoughts?

I'd say silence is deeper than simply controling the mind's thoughts. To connect with intelligent infinity, one needs to step out of this space/time altogether. He needs to stop existing here in a way, being retainned by no chains.

Quote:Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

The geography, hierarchy, and relationships seem to me to be a reference to the archetypal nature of the mind, or at least the type of structure which may be examined through study of the archetypes. Is there are broader or more narrow interpretation?

I'd say it is the nature of Creation altogether. The nature of order itself, which can be found in everything.

Quote:It is not for a being of polarity in the physical consciousness to pick and choose among attributes, thus building the roles that cause blockages and confusions in the already-distorted mind complex. Each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions that the faculty you call judgment engenders.

There seems to be a subtle distinction between picking and choosing attributes and “making the choice” – what are the key differences?

By making a choice, you speak of "each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions"? 

We are all one and as such we are every being. Acceptance of self and other-self is equal in this view. We did not chose our past-conditions nor did we consciously decide the other-selves which we would encounter nor how they would act toward us. As such rather than "picking and choosing attributes" which we would rather see, we are here to face the Creator through us and other-us as it is. With time, only acceptance can emerge. The One is each one of us through the right circumstances. The concept of dependent origination is interesting in this view, as the only difference between self and an other-self is their origination and what they've learned from it.

Quote:The simplest example of this is the understanding that each biological male is female; each biological female is male.

Being old or young would be another example.

RE: Session 005 - AnthroHeart - 05-06-2015

There is a saying that we are as old as we believe we are.

RE: Session 005 - Jade - 05-08-2015

Austin, I've been working on a re-read too, I'll treat this as a study guide:

(05-06-2015, 02:33 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: Continuing a re-read of the material with an angle for creating a study group. Any thoughts or ideas about these things would be very useful! Not looking for objective interpretations or a debate, but rather a range of perspectives that will add to my own understanding. If possible, please use the "View Source" function (the button to the far right on the toolbar) and copy+paste each point into it's own quote tags.

Yes, I think so. It sounds like Ra's talking about being a channel, being a tuned instrument. An instrument doesn't participate in its playing, only the player (Creator) does. In the question, Don is asking about "creat[ing] a mental configuration to heal itself". Ra's analogy is that while Carla is the channel for the information, it takes no additional effort on her part to "create a mental configuration in the patient that allows him to heal himself" that would be conducive to one understanding the LOO. She is the channel, it is the listener who is responsible for reacting, just as a healer is a channel and it is the one being healed's responsibility to affect themselves.

Maybe it's like a yin/yang, empress/emperor thing. Retaining silence is the receptive state, controlling the thoughts is the thrusting action.

I agree that Ra is talking about the archetypes, and also just presenting the paradox of structured/hierarchical infinity.

I'm having a little trouble with this one. Are you asking the difference between one picking the details of their incarnative state, vs making the choice of polarity? This sentence is prefaced with "The second mental discipline is acceptance of the completeness within your consciousness. " So I take it that Ra is talking about choices being moot, that one is complete within themselves, and the more we accept this the less judgement we have.

The first exercise is about playing with polarity (finding the antithesis of each thought). The second exercise seems to be more about reconciling the paradoxes. The fourth step is said "The next step is the acceptance of the other-self polarities, which mirrors the second step."

Beautiful/ugly, wealthy/poor (inasmuch as this can be expressed through physicality), well/unhealthy, left hand dominant/right hand dominant

RE: Session 005 - Nicholas - 05-08-2015

(05-06-2015, 02:33 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote:

Quote:Nicholas: Yes I agree with that interpretation. Our egoic positions need to be sidelined in order to maximise our channelling capacity.

Quote:Nicholas: The key difference is inner peace. When our minds realise that our thoughts are nothing more than inconvenient pond skaters, we can then remind ourselves of the quite stillness of the waters surface. The skaters, or surface thoughts are a part of the illusion.

Quote:Nicholas: I have very brief experience here. The lightest iota of fear or questioning slams the door shut.  I cannot expand upon your interpretation.

Quote:Nicholas: That statement "physical consciousness" pertains to our egoic preferences in my view. Making the choice seems harmonious with the law of responsibility when an individual becomes aware of one's own attributes. Picking and choosing is what a child might do with their toys where they focus on what is easy to play with, as opposed to what seems challenging?

Quote:Nicholas: Oestrogen and Testosterone? Men tend to cross their arms, women tend to cross their legs...

RE: Session 005 - Bring4th_Austin - 05-13-2015

Austin Wrote:

Minyatur Wrote:By making a choice, you speak of "each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions"?

We are all one and as such we are every being. Acceptance of self and other-self is equal in this view. We did not chose our past-conditions nor did we consciously decide the other-selves which we would encounter nor how they would act toward us. As such rather than "picking and choosing attributes" which we would rather see, we are here to face the Creator through us and other-us as it is. With time, only acceptance can emerge. The One is each one of us through the right circumstances. The concept of dependent origination is interesting in this view, as the only difference between self and an other-self is their origination and what they've learned from it.
Jade Wrote:I'm having a little trouble with this one. Are you asking the difference between one picking the details of their incarnative state, vs making the choice of polarity? This sentence is prefaced with "The second mental discipline is acceptance of the completeness within your consciousness. " So I take it that Ra is talking about choices being moot, that one is complete within themselves, and the more we accept this the less judgement we have.

The first exercise is about playing with polarity (finding the antithesis of each thought). The second exercise seems to be more about reconciling the paradoxes. The fourth step is said "The next step is the acceptance of the other-self polarities, which mirrors the second step."
Nicholas Wrote:That statement "physical consciousness" pertains to our egoic preferences in my view. Making the choice seems harmonious with the law of responsibility when an individual becomes aware of one's own attributes. Picking and choosing is what a child might do with their toys where they focus on what is easy to play with, as opposed to what seems challenging?

I definitely worded this very poorly, but I think you all managed to get the gist of my question. Funny enough, as I was gathering questions to discuss on our recording of "In the Now" today, this question was up in queue from months ago. All of your input helped me clarify my own idea. Initially, I knew that what Ra was saying was valid and true, but I seemed to be making it too convoluted based on the idea of "choosing to be accepting" as choosing an attribute. I think that this interpretation makes things too messy, and it's not as esoteric as that. Plus, as Jade points out, this is the second exercise in a series, and it necessarily builds upon the first exercise.

So the first exercise is to identify all things about yourself within your consciousness and to recognize their antithesis. The second exercise seems like an extension of this to me where we are accepting all of these things that we are identifying, rather than attempting to hide some away and only acknowledge the ones that we think are good.

Essentially, I think “The Choice”, with a big C, is in a sense the choice to do these exercises, in one way or another. A choice to accept and love all things about ourselves and others, light and dark. That choice already being made, then this exercise makes more sense, as it is not referring to that larger choice to move through life with acceptance and love.

RE: Session 005 - Parsons - 01-21-2016

Here is my strike-through version of Session 5 as discussed here: http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=12383

There was virtually no unnecessary language in this session. I could only find one phrase.

Quote:
Session 5
January 23, 1981

RA: I am Ra. I greet you in the love and the light of the Infinite Creator. I communicate now.

QUESTIONER: The last time we communicated we were speaking of learning of healing. It is my impression that from what you gave to us in the earlier session that it is necessary to first purify the self by certain disciplines and exercises. Then in order to heal a patient, it is necessary, by example, and possibly certain exercises, to create a mental configuration in the patient that allows him to heal himself. Am I correct?

RA: I am Ra. Although your learn/understanding distortion is essentially correct, your choice of vibratory sound complex is not entirely as accurate as this language allows.

It is not by example that the healer does the working. The working exists in and of itself. The healer is only the catalyst, much as this instrument has the catalysis necessary to provide the channel for our words, yet by example or exercise of any kind can take no thought for this working.

The healing working is congruent in that it is a form of channeling some distortion of the intelligent infinity.

QUESTIONER: We have decided to accept, if offered, the honor/duty of learning/teaching the healing process. I would ask as to the first step which we should accomplish in becoming effective healers.

RA: I am Ra. We shall begin with the first of the three teachings/learnings.

We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

The second mental discipline is acceptance of the completeness within your consciousness. It is not for a being of polarity in the physical consciousness to pick and choose among attributes, thus building the roles that cause blockages and confusions in the already-distorted mind complex. Each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions that the faculty you call judgment engenders.

The third discipline of the mind is a repetition of the first but with the gaze outward towards the fellow entities that it meets. In each entity there exists completeness. Thus, the ability to understand each balance is necessary. When you view patience, you are responsible for mirroring in your mental understanding, patience/impatience. When you view impatience, it is necessary for your mental configuration of understanding to be impatience/patience. We use this as a simple example. Most configurations of mind have many facets, and understanding of either self polarities, or what you would call other-self polarities, can and must be understood as subtle work.

The next step is the acceptance of the other-self polarities, which mirrors the second step.

These are the first four steps of learning mental discipline. The fifth step involves observing the geographical and geometrical relationships and ratios of the mind, the other mind, the mass mind, and the infinite mind.

The second area of learn/teaching is the study/understanding of the body complexes. It is necessary to know your body well. This is a matter of using the mind to examine how the feelings, the biases, what you would call the emotions, affect various portions of the body complex. It shall be necessary to both understand the bodily polarities and to accept them, repeating in a chemical/physical manifestation the work you have done upon the mind bethinking the consciousness.

The body is a creature of the mind’s creation. It has its biases. The biological bias must be first completely understood and then the opposite bias allowed to find full expression in understanding. Again, the process of acceptance of the body as a balanced, as well as polarized, individual may then be accomplished.

It is then the task to extend this understanding to the bodies of the other-selves whom you will meet. The simplest example of this is the understanding that each biological male is female; each biological female is male. This is a simple example. However, in almost every case wherein you are attempting the understanding of the body of self or other-self, you will again find that the most subtle discernment is necessary in order to fully grasp the polarity complexes involved.

At this time we would suggest closing the description until the next time of work so that we may devote time to the third area commensurate with its importance.

We can answer a query if it is a short one before we leave this instrument.

QUESTIONER: Is the instrument comfortable? Is there any other thing that would increase the instrument’s comfort? That’s all.

RA: I am Ra. The candle could be rotated clockwise approximately 10° each session to improve the flow of spiraled energy through the being’s receiving mechanisms. This particular configuration is well otherwise. But we ask that the objects described and used be centered with geometric care and checked from time to time. Also that they not be exposed to that space/time in which work is not of importance.

I am Ra. I leave this instrument in the love and light of the One Infinite Creator. Go forth rejoicing in the power and the peace of the One Creator. Adonai.

Link to session on LawofOne.info.

RE: Session 005 - Highrculling - 12-23-2016

*To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.*

This is like the spectrum of thought, all those pairs of polarities the mind is capable of feeling/thinking/reacting must be clarified/recognized/discovered/understood, so that there are no 'nasty surprises'. So that we know exactly what/how we will think/react about a certain scenario, or working backwards we know exactly what we are dealing with in seeing what/how we are thinking/reacting, or how will we handle things with proper extent of polarity of a thought and its antithesis. Thus reducing/eliminating error/misunderstanding/emotional garbage, achieving true clarity/less distortion.

Question being what is the 'scale' of this completeness of spectrum in terms of the number of those pairs of polarities of thoughts we tend to/capable to think. Has anyone ever made a list and what is the approximate number? I made an tentative list of 30 and find it helpful. Am I making any sense at all?

RE: Session 005 - Jade - 01-07-2017

I think your exercise is good, Highrculling, but I think the answer to your question is "infinite". I think there are infinite polarizations in our third density.

RE: Session 005 - Highrculling - 01-11-2017

Thank you very much, Jade. I think it's fair enough to to put it that way, I do feel that our mood/thought is infinitely subtle. On the other hand, I realize the emotions we consciously feel everyday are quite limited, and very much recognizable, if one is careful. I believe we don't have to isolate every dot in the line, or every pixel on the canvas, or every point in the sphere, I just need to outline the distinctive ones. There's gotta be a way to simplify this. I sense some kind of priority sink, a hierarchical structure/order. The one mentioned, Patience/Impatience, ought to be high on that list, for it has to do with focusing attention and what not, it would either eliminate redundancies, or lead one to recklessness and further down. The common emotion, Anger/Calm, ought to be low on that list, for it's more of an effect than a cause. They are all inter connected. I believe this whole thing is doable. I'm still working on it. It's easier to accept oneself if I know what I'm accepting, so it's definitely worth trying.

RE: Session 005 - third-density-being - 01-11-2017

Dear Highrculling,

I would like to offer You couple of my thoughts on the subject of working with Self. Above all please keep in mind, that it is a process. Beginnings are always difficult. With time and practice You will be able to make far more progress that You currently assume/imagine.

It often starts with big, awkward steps. Doubt may meet You half way. You may get an impression that You do not do any progress / actual work. All that is normal, because You are discovering all of this for your Self for the first time. Start with general observations and balancing attempts; with as You your-Self pointed out major/significant inner events. Of course not always You will be able to offer this daily-goal proper attention/focus due to other responsibilities. In this early phase most crucial is to be systematic and persistent. It is a phase of exploring such activities and building new habits/paths of attention/focus of Consciousness. In time You will be able to notice more and work with more experience/thoughts.

I don’t want to oversimplify it, but starting something new in Ones life is like learning how to ride a bike. At the beginning You cannot imagine how You could ride this thing and not kill your Self. Couple of weeks later You must be convinced to get off the (damn) bike ;-)

Same here. Systematic approach and establishing new mental habits takes time and it is a gradual process. So start small and make each step as big as You feel is comfortable for You. Because if You over-task Self and attempt to implement the change too abruptly, You will at some point reject an entire process at the emotional level, as counter reaction of your psyche.

Also, observe your reactions, learn them. See if with each new venture in your life You are reacting with enthusiasm or with resistance. What is the nature of any of experience feeling/attitude. How have You found it within You, how it was born and where it wants to take You. Situations when You want something very much or don’t want equally strong are very potent – stop and observer those powerful feelings; what is happening within You, why, how it come to existence and what it demands of You. Than decide if You are OK with it.
That’s just a suggestion/example of approach to inner events.

I’m Glad You are here :-)

All I have Best in me for You

RE: Session 005 - Highrculling - 01-11-2017

Thanks for your thoughts, Tdb, ample and helpful as always. I'm at a slower pace now, easier to see things more clearly this way. Moving right along...