Bring4th
Off Button - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Off Button (/showthread.php?tid=945)

Off Button - thefool - 02-23-2010

Just musing: Whoever designed the great ape left a big flaw in the system. The mind does not have an Off button. It goes on and on about random and mostly useless things and even when you want to stop it, it just does not. Why is our mind such a defective piece of instrument? How did it become so defective? Did the mind evolve into this status? or was it always like that to begin with? or did someone tamper with it later on? Can I sue the responsible entity?

RE: Off Button - Peregrinus - 02-23-2010

There is an off button brother. It takes persistence and meditation to learn how to use it Smile

RE: Off Button - Questioner - 02-23-2010

Dear fool:

Thank you for your inquiry about the ape mind that's been provided to you at no charge as part of this 3D incarnation service.

You will find that your mind is designed to provide a lifetime of entertainment and opinions. To support increasing catalyst, this mind continuously and automatically generates a limitless stream of thoughts. If no new material is provided, the mind has a recycling function that repeats previous thoughts with no need for user guidance. It can also incorporate any external thoughts that happen to be available into its repertoire of responses. In addition to these automatic functions, it responds well to training protocols that install new thoughts of your own choice. Although some user-serviceable parts are present in your mind, finding tools and instruction books is a challenge for the user. We hope this multiplies the variety of experiences and emotions generated by your ape mind. Enjoy!

-- Management

P.S. If you should wish to turn off this mind for some period of time, please ask your local Buddha for guidance.

RE: Off Button - thefool - 02-23-2010

(02-23-2010, 09:23 PM)Questioner Wrote: Dear fool:

Thank you for your inquiry about the ape mind that's been provided to you at no charge as part of this 3D incarnation service.

You will find that your mind is designed to provide a lifetime of entertainment and opinions. To support increasing catalyst, this mind continuously and automatically generates a limitless stream of thoughts. If no new material is provided, the mind has a recycling function that repeats previous thoughts with no need for user guidance. Although some user-serviceable parts are present in your mind, finding tools and instruction books is a challenge for the user. We hope this multiplies the variety of experiences and emotions generated by your ape mind. Enjoy!

-- Management

P.S. If you should wish to turn off this mind for some period of time, please ask your local Buddha for guidance.

Dear Management:

I appreciate your informative description of this useless feature. I wish to obtain a full refund without delay and an upgrade to Buddha status for causing me unnecessary pain. You should ask your engineers to look at this faulty piece of equipment. Maybe consider visiting a nearby Toyota factory learn from the engineers at Toyota. I can deal with a sudden acceleration problem but having no ability to turn it off is quiet amusing. You are also asking me to take a training course just to learn how to turn your instrument off. it should be as easy as 123 just like I expect it to be from my other encounters.

Sincerely,
Just a Fool.

PS: If I had the patience to learn how to turn it off why would I not wait for a better assignment to another world, and not jump at the first opportunity for this earth bound disaster.

RE: Off Button - Questioner - 02-23-2010

I apologize that you have merely reached a freelance support and PR rep of Management. The sudden acceleration episodes studied so far have been linked to the mind's entanglement as a door mat. To escalate this issue to a higher power, please go within and call them using any nineteen digit prime number of your choice.

Thank you for using the Mind Power Support service.

RE: Off Button - AppleSeed - 02-24-2010

Smile

If I could just uninstall the extra features, I'd be happy, especially that random generator ipod with reeeeaaaallly bad taste.

RE: Off Button - thefool - 02-24-2010

(02-23-2010, 09:47 PM)Questioner Wrote: I apologize that you have merely reached a freelance support and PR rep of Management. The sudden acceleration episodes studied so far have been linked to the mind's entanglement as a door mat. To escalate this issue to a higher power, please go within and call them using any nineteen digit prime number of your choice.

Thank you for using the Mind Power Support service.

Dear Management:

Here you go again hiding behind the so called lack of empowerment. I am just a support guy. I am not in charge here. I don't make decisions. Everyone thinks someone else is in charge around this place. No body can make decisions. How could they. Their damn mind would go start shooting in all random directions and not let them accomlish anything. My point exactly. The real big kahunas are hiding behind the 'free will' zone. Ohhh it is free will zone, we can not do anything. Have ya looked around yur free will zone. Does anyone seem like they are free or have a will in this zone. What is wrong with this picture? Management wont help and poor people cant seem to help themselves. Your competition (the dark Tshirt folks/ STS gang) does not have a problem with free will. They are thriving in this joint. And your mismangement is a laughing stock around the universe, not just this galaxy.

You kno waht you sound like a nice fellar- let me tell ya. There are so many maybe. Maybe I should have just stayed longer and waited for the cushy logos position of the jahrnnaas hagaacol star systems. But what do I do? Raise my hand for this position noone really wanted. I had a good thing going u kno. Now my soul group from the social memory complex including my 10000s of girl friends, just laugh at me. Some of them found an exploding star and now riding the exploding light waves around the universe. A few of them are seeding their own star systems. And what am I doing? trying to find a damn off button. Maybe I should have just taken the better offer from the competing STS gang. They seem to be people really in charge of this place. For me it dunt make a difference STS, STO are all the same. I have to do a job and I can do it from any side. They say darkness, you say light. It is the same. Left hand versus right hand.

You kno waht you sound like a nice fellar- let me tell ya. When I signed the contract to visit this place I should have looked at the fine print more carefully. Your advertising brochures said the high mountains and blue seas and beautiful vistas and women. It did not mention anything about you have to earn the money first to be able to enjoy those things. Why do you guys have to be so special and cruel and different? I am glad the contract expires in 2012. do me a favor, kill me. wait no just take this message for your logos.
"Listen very carefully my dear logos- don't mess this up now. make it happen by 2012 or I will personally petition the high council of nine to have you removed and demoted to remote transavanticticalook lomnzoona. So watch your back as I will come and literally spank your buttoks"

You kno waht you sound like a nice fellar- thanks for listening. I already feel better now...

Sincerely,
what a fool !

PS: See if you had a properly working Off button then I would have to rant that long. My point ezzzactlly...

RE: Off Button - Questioner - 02-24-2010

Haha!

More seriously, there are several researchers who have explored the likely evolutionary forces that led to our current physical brain structure; and how to use this information to increase our happiness and success. And there are several journalists who've popularized what they have found. Some books I've enjoyed in this area:
Daniel Goleman - Emotional intelligence
Dan Baker - What happy people know
Mark Goulston - Get out of your own way

(02-24-2010, 03:47 PM)Questioner Wrote: Haha!

More seriously, there are several researchers who have explored the likely evolutionary forces that led to our current physical brain structure; and how to use this information to increase our happiness and success. And there are several journalists who've popularized what they have found. Some books I've enjoyed in this area:
Daniel Goleman - Emotional intelligence
Dan Baker - What happy people know
Mark Goulston - Get out of your own way

The problem is that everybody is thinking in the context of current structures. How to fix and make current structures better. I am talking bout starting over on the next level. I have a copy of the 'emotional intelligence' lying around somewhere. I have also read countless books about the happy attitude. And they are actually ingrained in my system and follow them. But here is the deal. Happy attitude and keeping positive even while things are going downhill is commendable. It leads you to live a relatively happy and adjusted life, so called normal life. It does not take us very far. We are living so luke warm. I realized that if you follow these books you will end up in the top 5% of the masses in terms of emotional adjustments and happiness. Not a bad place to be.

But does it help you bring bliss and peace into your life; the one that is your birth right? Does it help you absorb life to the fullest. I feel that the conscious chattering part of the mind is part of the problem. It evolved as a tool to provide us safety, food and suitable partners during the great ape cycles, I suppose. But this thing is still acting like we are living as a wild ape society. This is actually what keeps up tied up in the lower three chakras. Hopefully that is one of the things we are getting rid of during the move to 4D... (or the crazy old man my alter soul expression will return to do you know what Smile )

RE: Off Button - Brittany - 02-24-2010

I think this "defection" is actually an important tool in our growth. The flaws in our current body and mind constructions are what enable growth. Without the realization of these flaws there would be no desire to grow, to improve, and to move on to the next stage of existence. As annoying as mind and body "defects" can be, they are very much needed as we learn these lessons, in my opinon at least.

(02-24-2010, 05:52 PM)ahktu Wrote: I think this "defection" is actually an important tool in our growth. The flaws in our current body and mind constructions are what enable growth. Without the realization of these flaws there would be no desire to grow, to improve, and to move on to the next stage of existence. As annoying as mind and body "defects" can be, they are very much needed as we learn these lessons, in my opinon at least.

I respect and honor your opinion. But can not agree entirely. Once you realize that it is defective do you eliminate it or just keep it around for more suffering? Realization is the key. Until we realize it is an obstacle, maybe it is needed. But once you realize the true nature of this defect, work around it. And haven't we realized the true nature of the chattering part of the mind yet? I think it is time for us to move beyond this Neaderthal feature. It has already served it's purpose.

RE: Off Button - Aaron - 02-25-2010

(02-24-2010, 06:15 PM)thefool Wrote:
(02-24-2010, 05:52 PM)ahktu Wrote: I think this "defection" is actually an important tool in our growth. The flaws in our current body and mind constructions are what enable growth. Without the realization of these flaws there would be no desire to grow, to improve, and to move on to the next stage of existence. As annoying as mind and body "defects" can be, they are very much needed as we learn these lessons, in my opinon at least.

I respect and honor your opinion. But can not agree entirely. Once you realize that it is defective do you eliminate it or just keep it around for more suffering? Realization is the key. Until we realize it is an obstacle, maybe it is needed. But once you realize the true nature of this defect, work around it. And haven't we realized the true nature of the chattering part of the mind yet? I think it is time for us to move beyond this Neaderthal feature. It has already served it's purpose.

I wholeheartedly agree with you! And yet, moving beyond doesn't necessarily imply getting rid of. The part of our mind which is the chatterer isn't meant to engage with modern society where people ideally work and live together in harmony. That part is the ego, always relating you to this or that, or defining yourself or offering comment on situations you find yourself in, real or imagined. It was so necessary for our evolution, and I think that it may even be necessary now. If one had no ego, no ability to chatter, how would he even know who he is? How would he function, society or no society? How would he know when to eat or how to stay safe if he can't define himself in the first place? However, what happens when one "wakes up" and detaches the living self from the ego now that it is no longer needed? The way of thinking is changed and the peace and harmony which we have had the ability to attain as a species for so long is suddenly there. Smile

RE: Off Button - transiten - 02-25-2010

BigSmileBigSmileBigSmile

transiten

RE: Off Button - thefool - 02-25-2010

(02-25-2010, 08:08 AM)Aaron Wrote: It was so necessary for our evolution, and I think that it may even be necessary now. If one had no ego, no ability to chatter, how would he even know who he is? How would he function, society or no society? How would he know when to eat or how to stay safe if he can't define himself in the first place? However, what happens when one "wakes up" and detaches the living self from the ego now that it is no longer needed?

OK. Before I respond specifically I would like to add what I got this morning. "When we are able to keep the chattering mind in the background then it increases our effectiveness in consuming the catalyst. As now we can see the problem more directly with fresh sets of eyes. And not judge it based upon any restricted notions from the past or expectations from the future. Without the fear and/or greed swaying us in a set programmed response."

OK, Now coming specifically to your comments. Ego is much misused word but I take it as personality in this context. The smaller, restricted self. What happens when the samller self is shut off? One will just be "ONE". One with the environment and higher self. Then there is not duality and double guessing. The trust and knowing is so ingrained that things just flow out of you. One moment leading to another spontaneously and always right. I think the energies are present right now to push for that phase in human evolution to do just that. And this time it would not be just one buddha or one jesus. It would be a whole bunch of folks living that way in the 4D. coming soon baby...

All the how questions are again coming from the insecure mind as it tries to figure out all the answers ( I am not passing judgment, I have the same mind) But all the answers will be based upon the past. As chattering mind is nothing but the collection of ideas and expectations from the past. New moment will not look anything like the past and no answers can be supplied. No answers can really be understood by the chatttttttering mind/ 3 D mind or call it the physical mind.

RE: Off Button - haqiqu - 02-25-2010

(02-25-2010, 11:14 AM)thefool Wrote: OK. Before I respond specifically I would like to add what I got this morning. "When we are able to keep the chattering mind in the background then it increases our effectiveness in consuming the catalyst. As now we can see the problem more directly with fresh sets of eyes. And not judge it based upon any restricted notions from the past or expectations from the future. Without the fear and/or greed swaying us in a set programmed response."

You have hit upon the method given to me in my Sufi studies for "quieting" the everyday mind when trying to meditate. The idea was when settling down in meditation you would notice that your everyday mind ramps up the chatter and you can't quiet it no matter how hard you try. So, just let the thoughts flow, acknowledge any feelings they bring up with awareness and gratitude, then let them flow on. With time and experience in just "watching" the flow without engaging it or worrying about it you come to a point where the chatter still goes on, but it's in the background kinda like a bee buzzing about, and you can seek higher understanding and immersion in spite of the chatter.

It works well for me. My egoic mind still chatters, but I can work around it.

Perhaps we're not really supposed to stop it altogether. It still has the potential to point out certain things we need to examine about ourselves.

Heart

RE: Off Button - Aaron - 02-25-2010

thefool Wrote:OK. Before I respond specifically I would like to add what I got this morning. "When we are able to keep the chattering mind in the background then it increases our effectiveness in consuming the catalyst. As now we can see the problem more directly with fresh sets of eyes. And not judge it based upon any restricted notions from the past or expectations from the future. Without the fear and/or greed swaying us in a set programmed response."

OK, Now coming specifically to your comments. Ego is much misused word but I take it as personality in this context. The smaller, restricted self. What happens when the samller self is shut off? One will just be "ONE". One with the environment and higher self. Then there is not duality and double guessing. The trust and knowing is so ingrained that things just flow out of you. One moment leading to another spontaneously and always right. I think the energies are present right now to push for that phase in human evolution to do just that. And this time it would not be just one buddha or one jesus. It would be a whole bunch of folks living that way in the 4D. coming soon baby...

All the how questions are again coming from the insecure mind as it tries to figure out all the answers ( I am not passing judgment, I have the same mind) But all the answers will be based upon the past. As chattering mind is nothing but the collection of ideas and expectations from the past. New moment will not look anything like the past and no answers can be supplied. No answers can really be understood by the chatttttttering mind/ 3 D mind or call it the physical mind.

My friend, I believe we are playing the same instrument in a slightly different key! Smile Neither of us are wrong or right, nor are we in disagreement. And I'm sure that with our two unique ways of dancing around the same topic, we will come into contact with those who need to hear just our particular sorts of words.

To haqiqu, there is a Buddhist saying: "If you walk by the small brook until you cannot hear it babbling anymore, you will find peace." The babbling of the brook represents the continuous noise of the mind. Simply be present and listen to it until you can't "hear" it anymore. Smile

RE: Off Button - haqiqu - 02-25-2010

(02-25-2010, 12:57 PM)Aaron Wrote: To haqiqu, there is a Buddhist saying: "If you walk by the small brook until you cannot hear it babbling anymore, you will find peace." The babbling of the brook represents the continuous noise of the mind. Simply be present and listen to it until you can't "hear" it anymore. Smile

yep. That's what I was trying to get across. Thanks for saying it in a more simple way. Heart

RE: Off Button - thefool - 02-25-2010

(02-25-2010, 12:57 PM)Aaron Wrote: And I'm sure that with our two unique ways of dancing around the same topic, we will come into contact with those who need to hear just our particular sorts of words.

That is the idea. to spur ideas and imagination and creativity and splendor and joy Smile

RE: Off Button - fairyfarmgirl - 02-25-2010

LOL!

fairyfarmgirl