Bring4th
Law of One - better than Religion - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Law of One - better than Religion (/showthread.php?tid=823)

Law of One - better than Religion - carrie - 01-23-2010

hi,
I've been reading up on Law of One lately and I felt strongly motivated towards being kind and nice, thinking about others, serving without grumbling.

How have Law of One affected you?

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - ayadew - 01-23-2010

It has been the first spiritual system that has made sense due to that it unites all other spiritual systems which just contradicts eachother.

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - Peregrinus - 01-23-2010

It makes sense of it all where religion failed me. I would, however, be cautious in stating that it is better than religion. It is another path to the same place, and in that is no right or wrong or better or worse.

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - ayadew - 01-23-2010

I don't understand the word religion. We all have our dogma, and if we do not worship a diety we worship logic, life or faith itself.

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - Peregrinus - 01-23-2010

A religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a supernatural agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - Purple Dragon - 01-24-2010

I always felt there was "something" there, but never really understood what it was until I discovered the Law of One. It helped me remember what life is really about

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - Light seeker - 01-24-2010

Quote:How have Law of One affected you?

In my case, I always felt that something was "missing". The strict Christian religion in which I was raised didn't totally fill that gap, and many other systems or philosophies I investigated in my constant search also failed to do so. However, when I finally found The Law of One, I immediately felt I had "arrived home". It has helped me to integrate all experiences of my life, and understand why not everything was totally "right" with me.

However, this is not the end of the path, that goes on with new understandings, discernment, and quite a lot of responsibility...

L/L

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - Ali Quadir - 01-24-2010

Good thoughts on the nature of religion. So then the Law of One is a type of religion perhaps with it's only "flaw" that it has a feature quite uncharacteristic in religion as she usually expresses herself. With full tolerance of religion without rejecting any of it but instead lifting the religion to a new level. Perhaps helping, just like many other insights and systems of wisdom also do, to transmute a base metal of dogma into gold of spirituality.

Now for me personally, the Law of One has helped me most to understand my own status as a wanderer and spiritual entity. The concepts of service to others and spiritual unity were not new on my particular path. But the wanderer was a myth on the inside that had no reflection on the outside. Now it has. And it helps in the expression and understanding of that part of me. I really needed it too I always had the feeling I was floating between worlds.

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - Peregrinus - 01-24-2010

(01-24-2010, 01:11 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: I always had the feeling I was floating between worlds.

I still feel this way... I am weary and long for home.

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - Questioner - 01-24-2010

By Peregrinus's definition, the Law of One is unquestionably a religion.
Ayadew, does his definition clear things up for you?

So now it's my turn to be a bit confused.
carrie, did you mean not religion in general, but the Judeo-Christian tradition or some particular religion?
I kind of have a feel for what you said but I can't quite find a way to make sense of it in words.

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - Peregrinus - 01-24-2010

That is not my definition, but that of Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

From Webster's

Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Anglo-French religiun, Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back — more at rely
Date: 13th century

1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

— re·li·gion·less adjective

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion

Having read these... the Law of One qualifies...

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - Ali Quadir - 01-25-2010

Also information that must not be forgotten here: It's a derivate from the Latin word "religare" which essentially means "to connect again"....

Which for obvious reasons is my personal favorite definition.... Wink

Religion is simply that in my opinion, re-connecting to the divine.

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - Richard - 01-25-2010

Religion, the word, implies a human heirarchy that teaches the word of the Creator as seen through the filters of that organization’s chosen metaphor. That interepretation is taught to the masses through the representatives of that organization.

The Law of One speaks on a personal level and allows each of us to develop our own metaphor.

I prefer the latter. Some don’t. But all paths lead to the Creator if that is your intention.

Richard

RE: Law of One - better than Religion - Lavazza - 01-25-2010

Not totally convinced that The Law of One is a religion, any more than Buddhism is. From what I have read, labeling Buddhism a religion is a misrepresentation of what it is, often made by those who are not familiar with it. From the Buddist's point of view, Buddhism is less of a religion and more of a way of living your life. I'm not sure if the Buddhist / LOOist comparison is completely valid, but it's good food for thought.

At any rate, lets go through that definition:

Websters Dictionary Wrote:1 a : the state of a religious b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

This is sort of a tough one to nail down, because the Law of One teaches that we are not separate from God, we are God. So who exactly is worshiping what again? Also I think that through reading the Law of One we can see that the supernatural is nothing more than another aspect of the natural. But we can at least entirely refute the "commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance", for the Law of One (at least as given by Ra) does not suggest that one has to do any of those things.

Websters Dictionary Wrote:2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

Certainly not an 'institutionalized system', but maybe a set of attitudes / beliefs? As to practices, the Ra material goes over some tools, but I think there is great emphasis put on the fact that any practices are just tools, and none better than another.

Websters Dictionary Wrote:3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness

Don't think these really apply either. "Conscientiousness" maybe?? But that's pretty subjective, right? Conscientious to who, others? Or how about yourself? (the STS path, no less valid than the STO path?)

Websters Dictionary Wrote:4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

Certainly not a cause... Maybe a principle. System of belief? Not sure on that either, but could be. Held with ardor and faith, well only if so chosen by the individual.

Quote:Having read these... the Law of One qualifies...

If anything, the last set of definitions are the closest. But as compared to other religions which hit all of them 10 for 10, I think it fails the definition. But I suppose these are only words that do no matter so much. Maybe it is a religion, I'm certainly open to that. But I really think the better word is "spirituality" or how about "a system that may or may not be helpful to the individual in understanding him/herself, nothing better or worse than any other understanding of the same"? Smile LOL!
Back to the intent of the thread, is The Law of One better than religion? I would say this is only definable for YOU, the individual. For me, as I understand the term "religion" (which I might suggest, is more than a definitional word but a thought-form that has many thoughts / emotions built in to it) I would say yes. Certainly better as far as I am concerned. But again, it begs repeating that this is as subjective as it can get, since we're all different aspects of God at the moment, and not exactly the same. Two people will see the world differently, even if just by a smidgen.

How has the Law of One helped me? I've always been an idealist, and I've always been a little confused how God could love one group of people while damning another. Later on in life I would read about the philosophical 'Problem of Evil'. It is in clearing up these issues that TLOO has helped me understand the greater reality best.