Bring4th
Perimenopausal hot flashes - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: Health & Diet (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Perimenopausal hot flashes (/showthread.php?tid=19375)

Perimenopausal hot flashes - Patrick - 07-25-2021

Does anyone know of a good way to deal with perimenopausal hot flashes?

My wife Stephanie had been taking drops of Botanica Adrenal Support and it worked quite well for a few weeks, but now they seem to have lost their efficiency.

Thanks in advance!

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - omcasey - 07-25-2021

A subject near and dear to our hearts, eh ladies. lol

I would first send a congratulations to your wife, Patrick, a highly special threshold of life indeed. ( which I have just crossed over into myself the past few years.

The hot flashes are not fun, not easy in the beginning most specially but my suggestion would be to NOT 'treat' them. I view them as a critical part of the process of change that is underway.

Look at your wife's eyes, Patrick, can you tell me if there is a dark ring around the circumference of her eyes? - if yes, how thin-or- thick is it?

Can you check her breath? how long is her inhale ( how many seconds )? + time her breathing for one minute exactly, how many breaths did she take?

This would tell me approximately where we are beginning and how she might move forward a bit more pleasantly.

Casey

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - Dtris - 07-25-2021

Magnesium can help with hot flashes. I was waking up sweating like crazy a few weeks ago, despite being a male, and looked into it and along with extra tension in my tendons, those two clues lead me to magnesium deficiency. I had recently started exercising much more and the heat really cranked up, so more lost due to sweating while not increasing intake resulted in relative deficiency. A single dose created immediate relief to the muscle and tendon tonality and a few doses and regular supplementation and I haven't woken up sweating since.

It has been tested in menopausal hot flashes and can, but not always, help. The cause of those can be related to low magnesium but there are a lot of other processes going on too. But most people are magnesium deficient to varying degrees so reasonable supplementation should help regardless.

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - Patrick - 07-25-2021

Thanks Casey. So her eyes are pale blue and without any dark circles anywhere. About 12 respirations per minute and 2-3 seconds inhalations.

The actual issue she has is that it is preventing her from sleeping. She can miss 2 to 3 hours per night.

Okay thanks for that information, Patrick.

If there is no ring around the outside of the iris ( are you sure? most people do ), but if there is no ring then your wife is likely sweating fine through the skin. This is a difficulty in contemporary society, due to pollution and all manner of industrial waste. If she is sweating well through the skin, hot flashes will be more mild than otherwise. Still not easy to bare in the beginning, but more mild than if the body cannot easily break a sweat through the skin. As you might imagine.

The breath is where we can really get into some good work, that will not only help with this situation but all life situations really. What the breath rate shows us is the nervous system, whether we are in ( /activating ) the para-sympathetic, commonly referred to as "rest and digest" - or the sympathetic, "fight-flight". We can tend to our lives in the latter. A breath rate over 10 breaths per minute would indicate this *the average breaths per minute for contemporary peoples is 12-18. This is excellent for when there is an emergency to deal with, and not so excellent the rest of the time. It can be challenging to vacate the "there is an emergency" mental framework. But this is what I would suggest as a most excellent step1.

We're going to have slow this breath down, activate the para-sympathetic nervous system, so the body can more aptly see to its processes without our superior interference ( lol ), and your wife can have a more pleasant experience of them. Bring to mind giving birth, breeeathe, long deep breaths, why? to activate the para-sympathetic system. The brainwaves through this process will begin to shift from beta, igniting those alpha and theta patterns and creating a sort of "buffer" between consciousness....ourself....and the experience of the physical system. This helps us be more acutely aware of how to support and move in right alignment with the body. So - first we need to get the system out of alarm and into rest mode.

We're going to have to lengthen the 2-3 second breath, not all at once but gradually toward an 8+ second breath.

This will help your wife ride those waves. ( flash after flash after flash.

Staying with the breath a moment longer.

There are many breaths which "cool" the body. If there is an interest in this we can dive into it further. To just give you one example: roll the sides of your tongue up together to form a tube and then breath air in through the tube. Cool, right? This particular breath will also help slow the breath down, drawing the breath long, because the opening through which the breath is flowing has been narrowed. This breath is called sheetali pranayam @2:45 you can watch it being performed.

From here there is a move to the diet and hydration.

HUGE topic of discussion - but, essentially this will be a matter of minimizing what causes acid ash in the body and maximizing what creates alkaline ash in the body.

All dis-comfort and dis-ease in the body stems from inflammation which at its basis is an incorrect acid/alkaline balance.

We eat far too many acid ash forming foods here in the West. Gonna have to clean house.

There is no easy fix. I am here if you want to dive in, though.

Always.

(07-25-2021, 07:49 PM)Dtris Wrote: Magnesium can help with hot flashes. I was waking up sweating like crazy a few weeks ago, despite being a male, and looked into it and along with extra tension in my tendons, those two clues lead me to magnesium deficiency. I had recently started exercising much more and the heat really cranked up, so more lost due to sweating while not increasing intake resulted in relative deficiency. A single dose created immediate relief to the muscle and tendon tonality and a few doses and regular supplementation and I haven't woken up sweating since.

It has been tested in menopausal hot flashes and can, but not always, help. The cause of those can be related to low magnesium but there are a lot of other processes going on too. But most people are magnesium deficient to varying degrees so reasonable supplementation should help regardless.

Mm, yes..

Our top soil has shrunk from a few feet to a few inches over our Industrial Age, many minerals are now depleted from our soils : namely, calcium, magnesium, potassium.

Many will be deficient in these - and so an eye on them is important. If you have your natural food sources it is not necessary to supplement.

It takes diligent attention, though. And before going in to what the body may be deficient in, is a focus more beneficially placed on ability to ABSORB nutrients.

Otherwise, whether you are bringing them in or not - you are not able to get at them.

This is why I start where I am.

To lay a strong foundation to build up from.

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - Diana - 07-25-2021

(07-25-2021, 09:02 PM)omcasey Wrote: If there is no ring around the outside of the iris ( are you sure? most people do ), but if there is no ring then your wife is likely sweating fine through the skin. This is a difficulty in contemporary society, due to pollution and all manner of industrial waste. If she is sweating well through the skin, hot flashes will be more mild than otherwise. Still not easy to bare in the beginning, but more mild than if the body cannot easily break a sweat through the skin. As you might imagine.

What does a dark ring around the irises indicate? What causes it? What does that have to do with sweat? I am aware of something called a nerve ring in iridology, which creates a whitish ring inside the perimeter perhaps making it look like there is a dark ring outside of that.

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - omcasey - 07-26-2021

(07-25-2021, 10:46 PM)Diana Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 09:02 PM)omcasey Wrote: If there is no ring around the outside of the iris ( are you sure? most people do ), but if there is no ring then your wife is likely sweating fine through the skin. This is a difficulty in contemporary society, due to pollution and all manner of industrial waste. If she is sweating well through the skin, hot flashes will be more mild than otherwise. Still not easy to bare in the beginning, but more mild than if the body cannot easily break a sweat through the skin. As you might imagine.

What does a dark ring around the irises indicate? What causes it? What does that have to do with sweat? I am aware of something called a nerve ring in iridology, which creates a whitish ring inside the perimeter perhaps making it look like there is a dark ring outside of that.

Hi, Diana..

The circumference of the iris represents the skin, our largest eliminative organ. A thick ring, a darker color around the outside of the iris indicates the skin is not eliminating properly, that we may not be easily sweating, also - a heavily backed up lymph system and, relative to this, likely kidney stress. I know very few people without this outer ring, myself included. Though with some of us the ring can be thicker ( *or thinner. Mine is fairly thick. It is amusing in that our society often thinks this feature makes the eyes beautiful. Indeed many features in the eye that indicate disfunction in the body are quite visually lovely. People often love the brown at the center of my blue eyes, lol. Which almost makes me come undone. This is the area that indicates the bowels. Blue eyes should not have any brown in them. We would be looking at some form of toxic waste. 

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - RitaJC - 07-26-2021

What helped me when I was in that phase was: zero alcohol, caffeine, and hot spices, and reducing processed carbs as much as possible, especially - refined sugar and fructose.

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - Patrick - 07-26-2021

(07-25-2021, 09:02 PM)omcasey Wrote: ...If there is no ring around the outside of the iris ( are you sure? most people do ), but if there is no ring then your wife is likely sweating fine through the skin...

Maybe I am not understanding your meaning properly. So here are photos. Smile

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1893]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1894]

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - Louisabell - 07-26-2021

This is off-topic, but I had to say that those are beautiful photos Patrick! Just lovely Smile

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - omcasey - 07-26-2021

Patrick - 

Thank you for the photos, so . . yes, the ring is present around the outside of the iris, I highly suspected, so few of us without this anymore. In general, it may mean that the body is having to work harder to break a sweat, and, yes, hot flashing will be ever so not comfortable for awhile. Anything that addresses the cleaning up or thinning out of the lymph system, any activity that makes us break a sweat more regularly ( sauna, exercise, being outdoors in the sun.. ) will begin to help. Cold showers, year round is what took things to the next level for me. I will never go back to warm/hot showers. It is the one thing I would recommend, along with diligent attention to the lengthening of the breath. Proper hydration, cleaning up the diet, attention to the quality of foods consumed - eating more raw than cooked foods : fruits, vegetables, salads, smoothies, nuts&seeds, etc.. With few exceptions, such as the potato, we lose a lot of our nutrition through cooking and as we age deficiencies can make or break us. 

So - when the body wants/needs to release waste through ANY of the gates : the eyes, nose, mouth, ears, peri-region and skin : support rather than suppress the process. Get everything in there that needs to come out -- out! by all means. It is really fun, actually, once you get into the swing of it. You begin to feel so good! so much better than you were. And stronger! You begin to feel your adamantine nature. It truly is a rush. The more your wife works to promote the sweating, the easier the body will sweat and the more pleasant the flashes will grow to be. I'd fathom that at a minimum, 50% of the difficulty with hot flashes is we ourselves working against them, trying to stop them, because we do not like to sweat, or it is inconvenient and we are concerned for how may look or be perceived. Work with the body, and not against it and it will be a glorious home to live in truly for as long as we wish. 

If any of this sounds feasible, I am here to talk.

Casey

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - Patrick - 07-26-2021

(07-26-2021, 08:19 AM)Louisabell Wrote: This is off-topic, but I had to say that those are beautiful photos Patrick! Just lovely Smile

Thanks !

Still off-topic, but if you wanna see a bit more... Wink

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - Louisabell - 07-26-2021

(07-26-2021, 06:31 PM)Patrick Wrote: Still off-topic, but if you wanna see a bit more... Wink

Aaa! Love it. You all look so beautiful. Heart You had a great photographer. So many emotions captured in stills, I especially love your expression when seeing your wife walk down the aisle. Smile

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - Margan - 07-28-2021

Drink more water (actually she could try that when the flash comes - immediatly grab a glass of water and extinguish the fire within Smile)
Cut down on yang foods like meat, alcohol
Eat plenty vegetables and fruit
Make sure to wear clothes with "natural fibers " so that the body can breathe

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - anicolai - 07-28-2021

I turn 50 in 5 months and I think I need to subscribe to this thread.

omcasey: I do like your style of explaining this stuff. Especially the concept of working with the body and not against it.

ritajc: I am in for some real withdrawal if your no-no list becomes my no-no list. Lol!

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - Patrick - 07-28-2021

She also elected to try Black Cohosh. I'll report on the results. To date changes in respiration seems to help a tiny bit.

Black Cohosh was used by American Indians and she was impressed by what we learned last week during a Amerindien museum visit. They had very effective medicine.

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - omcasey - 07-28-2021

Mm.. yes black cohosh is the 'drug of choice' for many peri and menopausal women. I chose to go without, myself, I wanted to witness the process in full and make every maneuver possible toward  boosting my state of health. I was through the hot flashing must sooner than what other women report to me. Please keep us updated, I would love to hear your wife's experience as it unfolds. The learning is always good.

Heart

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - RitaJC - 07-30-2021

(07-28-2021, 08:39 AM)anicolai Wrote: I turn 50 in 5 months and I think I need to subscribe to this thread.

omcasey: I do like your style of explaining this stuff.  Especially the concept of working with the body and not against it.

ritajc:  I am in for some real withdrawal if your no-no list becomes my no-no list.  Lol!

It's your choice Smile

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - Margan - 08-04-2021

This night I awoke in a sweat and was wondering why...
then I rememberd, yesterday we had spaghetti bolognese (with meat bc the nephews are here, for myself I am usually on the vegetarian side) and in the evening I had a glass of wine.
Yang foods -> heat
Case in point BigSmile

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - omcasey - 08-04-2021

It could be that.

It could be that coupled with the Schumann literally going kerPOW : the Schumann Resonance

All that white is the hertz frequencies amplifying and going off the chart.

Buckle up.

RE: Perimenopausal hot flashes - Margan - 08-04-2021

oh wow.... do you think the Schuman frequency could also have that effect?
I am indeed feeling it a bit today too.
But then, I have always been an overheated one, even as a child. I have thought of it as adaptation issues to life on this planet....
although as I said, when I eat lots of fresh veggie food and drink my water and herbal tea, it is barely noticeable in terms of hot flashes, although I am menopausal
Edited to add: I noticed a couple of beings going bonkers today, yelling in the streets, something seems to be in the air. I remember when I used to live in Munich and we had Foehn, which is wierd weather coming from the Alps, it was similar, lots of cars honking their horns, drivers going crazy and our local weirdo lady yelling in the street at passers- by....
I could not help but notice that what she sometimes yelled was deeply spiritual in a sense - one day she said to this lady "the clothes you wearing are not yours" "what you have does not belong to you" "none of those things are really yours" etc.
As they say, there is a narrow line between crazy and genius Smile