Bring4th
Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort (/showthread.php?tid=18589)

Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - unity100 - 10-03-2020

Japanese Anime is a medium like books, movies which covers a large amount of genres. Many of these genres include sci-fi elements, or fiction. Some create entirely fictional, large worlds and tell long stories in them. These cover all kinds of age brackets and genres for any person of any age and background.

Depending on what kind of literary or movie genre you like, you can easily find a genre that is fit for your enjoyment in many genres of Anime.

For psychological comfort and escapism, i would recommend slice of life comedies but for alternative realities and fiction escapism, Anime with sci-fi elements are also pretty good.

An example is below:

https://www.netflix.com/es-en/title/80992137

The above anime combines many elements ranging from sci-fi, music, fictional future world, group effort, relationships and many other elements. It is a pretty good watch.

Another example for maximum escapism and relief is below. A slice of life comedy. With minor sci-fi elements for humor:

https://www.funimation.com/shows/nichijou-my-ordinary-life/

If it says 'It is not available in your region', you can google it and watch it through 'other venues', free of charge. You can do this for any anime title.

Another anime for good escapism is Konosuba. It tells the story of a teenager who dies in this world and then is moved to an alternate world. It is a fantasy fiction + comedy. Those who read fantasy literature, watch fantasy movies, play fantasy games or mmos would like Konosuba very much.

Japanese anime is a big medium and there is all kinds of genres in it. From film noir to psychological thrillers, from sports to history.

Cowboy Bebop for example, is a sci-fi anime that takes place in a future sci-fi world, in space, where a group of misfits do odd jobs to make ends meet. Its a slightly dystopian society, with a much more serious tone.

You can find any kind of genre that would suit your taste, just google your preferred genre with the word 'anime' to find relevant titles.

While watching Japanese anime, always have the original Japanese audio on, with subtitles in your language. Japanese voice acting is unparalleled, and no dubbing from any country can match the realism and effort Japanese voice actors put into these anime. It may feel odd at the start, but soon you will get used to it and follow the flow smoothly.

However note that Japanese Anime is very good in creating large, long-running stories that pass in large, fictional worlds. Make sure to not lose your touch with actual reality and start living in anime realities, binging on episodes while avoiding the outside world.

Treating anime like books, or good, long-running tv series is a good way to balance its consumption.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - Diana - 10-03-2020

(10-03-2020, 06:32 PM)unity100 Wrote: While watching Japanese anime, always have the original Japanese audio on, with subtitles in your language. Japanese voice acting is unparalleled, and no dubbing from any country can match the realism and effort Japanese voice actors put into these anime. It may feel odd at the start, but soon you will get used to it and follow the flow smoothly.

I agree that the best, and in my mind the only, way to watch anime is Japanese audio with subtitles. I highly recommend anything by Hayao Miyazake (except the too too sad Graveyard of the Fireflies). I do prefer mostly the older anime and less so the more modern stuff. Death Note of course is fabulous (in Japanese with subtitles, the anime not the movie).

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - Ymarsakar - 10-04-2020

The sound frequency vibration of the Japanese language and music, is somewhat different. Perhaps closer to the root language and the middle language, Hebrew. A funny division was discovered, where all languages West of Jerusalem, read Left to Right, and all languages East of Jerusalem, read Right to Left (including Hebrew and Japanese kanji).

The mixture of Western videos is also very different from Japanese mixed music and videos. The Japanese sets the background music to the actual background, equivalent to 30-50% of the master volume. The Voices are near 100% of the master volume. IN Western movies and videos, it is almost inverted. The voices are 50% and muffled by the sound effects and music, which blasts out at near max.

Sword Art Online, Aincrad, reminds me of the mission of various seekers and adepts in the outer plane of Earth, Yeshua or Buddha, who tried to talk about this "liberation" from the suffering of the soul. It was only until recently that the concept of a Matrix entered the public consciousness, as a prison or virtual reality, and this concept is often used as a modern equivalent of the Indian Wheel of Karma. Moksha, Final Liberation, is thus the attempt to "complete the server" and get out of the loop. In Western science fiction, this may be the infamous time loop scenario of Star Trek, where one runs around in an endless Groundhog Day, attempting to "fix" or "change" something to get out of the loop.

Heroic Age (via Hulu or Crunchy Roll) and the original Legend of Galactic Heroes (hundreds of episodes), kind of reminds me of the galactic wars and more advanced civilizations. They are nearly channeled works, in the former, and in the latter, it is a historical simulation of philosophical concepts between autocracy and individual liberty (democracy), in a space opera setting. It is a much better version of "historical inevitability" and the "cycle of eternal repetition" than Battlestar Galactica via Syfy.

Serei no Moribito (Netflix or crunchyroll), Guardian of the Sacred Spirit, felt like a very successful hybrid of various different concepts. Action, martial arts, philosophy, child raising, slice of life, and political intrigue.

The infamous One Punch Man has penetrated into the public trends of younger generation Americans or just Westerners in general. I call it Japan's version of Superman. It is definitely superior, if only as a parody, compared to Western products such as Amazon's Original "The Boys".

Naruto is an example of how Japan maintains civic duty and civic safety (hard to translate). There, the kids are introduced to virtues and things that maintain their civilization, and the State does not even need to manage/pay for it, as the people themselves, merely via the grassroots writing circle, will produce it. Naruto is an interesting take on ninja historical fantasy, although set in a world that also has electricity. A trope or constant setting in Japanese fantasy rpgs, where ancient cultures are more advanced tech wise than modern cultures. Especially when it comes to using "rock technology", aka Atlantean crystals, aka "septium" or "septarian" stones.

The main character of Naruto is indeed an archetype or very close hologram of YHSVH, as described in the Law of One material and in the YHVH contradiction thread.

The ending of Naruto, the last arc/stage, also seems to be pointing to the advent of 4th density, the lifting of the Veil, and the "awakening" from the Eternal Dream.

This Eternal Dream concept is very interesting, because it is seen in other forms of entertainment and media.

Sunday October 4th, 2020.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - meadow-foreigner - 10-24-2020

Every piece of media has some tiny bits of truth.

Naruto is packed with much more knowledge than most people have even realized. One simple example is the spiral, symbol of the Uzumaki clan. Do you even know the mathematical implications of spirals?

Every other clan also has their symbols and their meaning.

The notion of the transformation jutsu implies that every single character that you see might not be the identity associated with it. Why do you think Naruto only makes shadow clones of himself with his appearance, for instance? Food for thought.

The cycle of hatred, wars and the gathering of the ultimate destructive force: isn't that what humanity is all about?

The eternal dream, the Matrix and the cotton candy false illusion. It goes on and on.

As for Death Note, it is simply a chess match and rematch between two opposing ideologies pertaining the idea of "justice";
Why the game played is chess, to begin with? Why the notion of victory is ingrained with the correlated consequence of another one losing? It's simple: because of obsolete mentality of human beings, who seem to be incapable of thinking a level above 3D.

Politics? Your pet ideology? Your identity? Your name? Your appearance? Your body? All of that is futile and ephemeral. Yet people cling to the claim of possession and live like that was the only possible way of living. All of this, of course, has a cost, and the cost is karmic bonds.

Yet, when presented with ideas that might be life-changing, most of the people simply cling to their rationalization abilities and try to block the Truth, like the guy who thought he could stop sunrise and simply closed his eyes to the upcoming events.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - unity100 - 11-15-2020

Reading too much into Anime/manga may not be productive. Anime/manga borrow from existing history and mythology a lot, and inevitably a large swath of that can be found in these works of fiction.

Writing from right to left and left to right are more due to clay tablet writing which you had to write from right to left due to the need to see what you were writing in ancient societies. And left to right is more due to quill writing in which you had to write from left to right to avoid staining your collar and hands - also avoiding smearing the ink over the paper.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - somnath - 03-17-2021

Hunter x Hunter is awesome for stuff on the aura - I suspect based on real stuff or at least peripherally based on it - tales of using the aura in self-defense like in empty force or aikido

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - Ymarsakar - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 03:28 AM)somnath Wrote: Hunter x Hunter is awesome for stuff on the aura - I suspect based on real stuff or at least peripherally based on it - tales of using the aura in self-defense like in empty force or aikido

The Emperor's Eye ability which confers affinity to all elements, is also interesting.

That remind sme of what a balanced chakra can do when used by a wizard.

For those that don't understand the reference and think it too cryptic, it is a combination of physical reinforcement, healing, divination, and other esoteric or more practical abilities, all melded together. If I recall, Reinforcement is physical strength and durability, that is usually on the opposite of energy projection (shooting energy out). So the stronger one is in, the other is harder or weaker, and reinforcement is the self heal power up.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - Patrick - 03-17-2021

Akame ga Kill had interesting effects on my pondering of the world.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - Ymarsakar - 03-17-2021

Akame Ga Kill seems a bit too dark for your energies, Patrick? They live in a Earth where people realize the under side and hidden dark stuff, such as our world.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - Patrick - 03-17-2021

I'm full of surprises ! Wink

As you have probably read about my story somewhere on this site.  I believe to have walked the STS path up to the switch in 6d.  My introspection is clear to me on this.  Although, it's difficult for me to differentiate in between this storyline and having walked the STO path while having integrated the general negative aspects of the self.  I really know about the pleasures of all the darkest stuff.  But no matter what the story actually is, the end result is probably the same.  A sub-creator knowing and accepting all the parts of itself and making choices based on that. After all, each of us contains all aspects.

I guess I like to bathe in those night side energies as well.  Probably helps me remain grounded.

Actually I have not. I only read Zaxon's Greetings from the Darkness and Light, and a few other stories.

So you were a Sith Lord in a previous timeline and have now become Luke Skywalker in meditation before he loses his hand that is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLF4NjTNr1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PmylfzD8NE

Do you get any memory triggers from watching stuff like that? Or is it more of a grounding root?

(03-17-2021, 08:41 AM)Ymarsakar Wrote: Actually I have not. I only read Zaxon's Greetings from the Darkness and Light, and a few other stories.

So you were a Sith Lord in a previous timeline and have now become Luke Skywalker in meditation before he loses his hand that is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLF4NjTNr1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PmylfzD8NE

Yeah I've seen these.  I like that stuff.  Poor Saitama can never seem to find a worthy opponent.  It's a bit the same with the One Creator...

(03-17-2021, 08:41 AM)Ymarsakar Wrote: Do you get any memory triggers from watching stuff like that? Or is it more of a grounding root?

Humm not memory triggers from that no.  But I do get those by watching much darker stuff indeed.  I do not reject any of it, it's just there.  I'm simply making different choices now and so that is not what I am outputting.  But for me it's really useful in better understanding all the point of views.  It also makes it stupidly easy to forgive others, even if it remains less easy to forgive the self.

All in all, the most depraved content helps root me.  On this planet, at this time, more positivity is what is needed to help manifest what was chosen.  But there is such a thing as being too positive to function in any useful way for my other-selves.

I would just be floating on a cloud in coocoo land.  I'm not too far from that as it is. Wink

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - Minyatur - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 03:28 AM)somnath Wrote: Hunter x Hunter is awesome for stuff on the aura - I suspect based on real stuff or at least peripherally based on it - tales of using the aura in self-defense like in empty force or aikido

Been watching Hunter x Hunter lately, really cool anime.

I tend to prefer mangas and had read that one twice a long time ago, interesting to see the anime version.

They had the old long series hunter x hunter, then the reboot in the recent years. It was pretty much the same plot though, rather faithfully executed and reproduced. I watched both series to the end, I think. ALthough I really preferred the revenge arc movie, as it felt more useful for chakra balancing.

"All in all, the most depraved content helps root me. On this planet, at this time, more positivity is what is needed to help manifest what was chosen. But there is such a thing as being too positive to function in any useful way for my other-selves.

I would just be floating on a cloud in coocoo land. I'm not too far from that as it is. "

I think if other people knew that part, they would misunderstand you less, as your attitude would often get you lumped in with the "New Age, there is no darkness, only peace" crowd.

The longest anime I watched and really felt regret when it ended was Legend of Galactic Heroes. The history there... is likely closer to the real his story than what humanity has received in public camps.

And for visual novels, it was Muv Luv Alternative.

"Poor Saitama can never seem to find a worthy opponent. "

The strongest opponent/rival is oneself.

(03-17-2021, 10:27 AM)Ymarsakar Wrote: ...
"All in all, the most depraved content helps root me.  On this planet, at this time, more positivity is what is needed to help manifest what was chosen.  But there is such a thing as being too positive to function in any useful way for my other-selves.

I would just be floating on a cloud in coocoo land.  I'm not too far from that as it is. "

I think if other people knew that part, they would misunderstand you less, as your attitude would often get you lumped in with the "New Age, there is no darkness, only peace" crowd.

Yeah well I think that's the sort of thing that is better when discovered in good time and little by little.  I tried something like what you are suggesting in the past and all it really does is make you appear as a hubris.  Like "Who's that f***er who thinks he's actually succeeded in integrating anything, thinks he's in a position to know anything!".  "Minimally balanced my ass !  You're just another f***er like everyone else!". Etc...  While I actually prefer to think that I don't know anything and yes I am just another f***er.  It seems to bring this in others even if faced with humbleness all the way.  In fact, often when people starts wondering how anyone remains untriggered, they start thinking that the trick is to ignore the bad stuff or the bad vibes or whatever.  "He's just remaining positive and ignoring the negative comments! pff"  That would be much too easy, it's not how that works.  You remain untriggered because you really get why the other is reacting this way and it makes perfect sense to you.  You don't feel attacked and you just "hug" the person whatever they say or think.  Anyway, I'll shut up now, we're getting in that fluffy (if not hubris) zone.

" I tried something like what you are suggesting in the past and all it really does is make you appear as a hubris."

This is the Orion/Satan/dark matrix way of telling you "we have the right to not know and to keep these entities in ignorance, and the proof is that they will attack you for trying to tell them things that are useful".

This technique is often used here last years, but when it is used against someone that knows what the counter is, something else begins happening. Most of the sensitives and empaths had to leave the forums, because the energy was draining on them.

For empaths, they learn by experience what triggers certain reactions in humans, so they become conditioned or actually traumatized or mind controlled, into never going into that territory again. And will pull back or withdraw, like you just did.

This method is effective and often used, because on untrained empaths and psychics, it works very well.

On others that have gone through initiated graduated stages of chakra mastery and have stabilized their realms, it actually backfires.

A more 4.3 example would be the public's reaction to Meg and Harry right now in the collective.

The reason why movies, fiction, and other such novels entertain is because they are "fictional" enough we pretend they are not real and so thus we are not triggered by them. The moment we begin thinking "oh it might be real", then the triggering process can activate as a defense concerning subjects that penetrate too deep into the unresolved darkened psyche.

With anime, you have an additional filter of either a foreign language or animated faces that don't even look like human faces. There is no reason to feel afraid because they aren't even human faces to the ego.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - flofrog - 03-17-2021

At the same time I get triggered by anime without human faces sometimes to the point of feeling I am suddenly in a real life horror movie.  There have been parts of Pixar’s ToyStory 2 or even Nemo where I literally wanted to duck under the coffee table Sad Tongue So funny

(03-17-2021, 12:29 PM)Ymarsakar Wrote: ...For empaths, they learn by experience what triggers certain reactions in humans, so they become conditioned or actually traumatized or mind controlled, into never going into that territory again. And will pull back or withdraw, like you just did.

This method is effective and often used, because on untrained empaths and psychics, it works very well...

The influence that the astral 4d negative minions offer me the most is that of self-aggrandizement.  That makes it very difficult for me to differentiate in between modesty and false modesty.  I have to rely on others to know which one of these I am outputting.  Kind of like my guidance cannot really help on that one.  Of course, we already know that these negative minions will try to energize/enhance these programming we put in place before the incarnation.  It's there job/service.

"There have been parts of Pixar’s ToyStory 2 or even Nemo where I literally wanted to duck under the coffee table Sad Tongue So funny"

Disney is not Japanese animation, so they have some pretty dark elements hidden there.

Disney has some various mental triggers in their material. In Japan, it is not hidden as much. It is all out there so to speak. The hidden subconsciousness of japan is in their grassroots manga and light novels, of which anime only recently became more "mainstream" in tv.

"I have to rely on others to know which one of these I am outputting."

Generally people who want to serve humanity and other selves, have a humility issue. Meaning they are too humble and lack self confidence. Usually they will get hit in the "unworthiness" slot, where they think they are pushing too far, when they haven't pushed nearly far enough. Due to a certain misconfiguration in how they see themselves.

It took a lot of evidence and proof and other things, to validate the things I received but did not believe. For example, in Japan they have a name for this, chuunybou syndrome. Meaning a middle junior grader, pre high school, who think they have magickal powers or are involved in a war that will determine humanity's fate. They eventually outgrow it and feel embarrassment for their previous role play. How ironic they will find out much of it was not role playing... but memories surfacing which later got repressed.

Spaced had a really productive thread somewhere around here about Free will. Can higher density or more knowledgeable entities, violate free will here? How would that work? One of the theories is that if you know what is going on, you can violate other people's free will, but if you do not know and are under the Veil of Confusion, then you cannot violate free will. I do not think it is absolute like that. Those that know more, have more responsibility and thus the rules limiting them are more. An adult is expected to behave better than a child for example.

However, there is an element there. The Hermit is the "hidden sage". They go around pretending to be homeless people, angels in disguise, teachers in disguise, to test the people by seeing how humble or hospitable they really are. That way, they can offer advice, and people can "choose not to know" by saying they don't take advice from beggars. Then like Beauty and the Beast, the Hermit then unveils themselves as a powerful entity and all heck breaks loose.

It is a pretty funny plot. Sorta like higher level players smurfing.

Most of the time, the dark matrix involves no "dark entities". It is just a software system, like a VR script. If you try to do something in public that could raise the vibration of the collective, the natural pushback you receive is that people will go into "you are a troll" mode, to preserve free will. Because you made it so that the only way they can protect their ignorance is by not believing in you. If you confused/veiled the information more, things would be easier in some ways.

People find my info unbelievable, but that is partially by design. If they could believe me, if I offered irrefutable evidence... that really would be a kind of cheating.

"Only the Jester can tell the King the truth without being executed"

That is part of the same human paradigm. Only by joking, can the truth be told, because people can choose to believe it is a joke and thus preserve their right not to know. If you told them straight out as a fact, then you hit a block or trigger mine.

"Kind of like my guidance cannot really help on that one."

Likely it is part of your work here, so free will is left to resolve the challenge.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - flofrog - 03-17-2021

That’s so funny Ymar, I always thought, outside the fact of warmth/care in making someone else stop and laugh, I always thought that somehow humor had some kind of elegance, forgive the word but difficult to find another one, in the exact sense that you just worded, as it respects and leaves choice.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - sillypumpkins - 03-18-2021

i used to watch spirited away on repeat growing up so that one is imprinted in me like a stamp. i looooove princess mononoke though, thats probably my fav gibli film.

my roommate showed me cowboy bepop recently..... kinda like an offbeat space hitman/cowboy show.... its super cool and easy to watch. each episode is a different "villain" so far.....

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - unity100 - 03-19-2021

Grand Blue: probably the best comedy anime of the recent years.

Kuromukuro: Pretty good story, narrative, and very realistic/believable dialogue. Fluid.

Saiki Kusuo No Psi-Nan: Hilarious gag anime if you can handle the rapid pace in which characters talk.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - schubert - 04-04-2021

i had this show on my radar but after reading this i started watching it (the 1999 version) and man i really love it.

RE: Japanese Anime - A good way for some escapism, relief and psychological comfort - Diana - 07-04-2021

I wanted to follow up on some of my favorite feature animes by Hayao Miyazaki (Studio Ghibli)...

1. For accessing your child within: My Neighbor Torturo

Torturo is an absolutely magical and endearing story about the wonders of being a child. It is not just for children. If you want to recapture that feeling, there is nothing like this movie.

2. For a feel-good, lighthearted look at the world: Kiki's Delivery Service

This is a story about a "witch" who sets out to find her place in the world. It's a sweet coming-of-age story and always makes me feel positive about the world and about staying the path when things get tough.

3. For anyone who loves the planet and all the creatures on it: Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind

This is hands-down my favorite anime. It is a great story and very, very touching. It takes place after a cataclysmic phase leaving the planet partially toxic with the toxicity spreading. The heroine in this story—Nausicaa—is absolutely awesome. It comes in a Disney version called The Warriors of the Wind which is dubbed. Even that is great, but to get the full effect, watch the Japanese version with subtitles.

4. For an adventure with deep spiritual meanings: Spirited Away

Actually, all of Miyazaki's films have spiritual meanings. But it is definitely a feature of this one. It's about the trek into a deeper/alternate reality and back. 

5. For a great story about magic, with many awesome characters: Howl's Moving Castle

I actually only have the dubbed version of this, but the voice actors are good (Christian Bale is the main character's voice; Billy Crystal is another main voice). It's an absorbing, clever, and fun-to-watch story.