Bring4th
What does worship mean? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: What does worship mean? (/showthread.php?tid=16209)

What does worship mean? - AnthroHeart - 07-28-2018

What does it mean to worship the One Creator?

It has to go beyond devotion or an appreciation. I appreciate and am devoted to my spirit guide.
But I've learned not to worship him.

But it is advisable to worship the One Creator.

What's the difference between worship and appreciation?

Does worship mean you will serve them? But I feel like I do serve my spirit guide in a way.
Like I serve others.

Is it ok to give wine offerings to my spirit guide? Or is that an act of worship?

RE: What does worship mean? - Glow - 07-29-2018

(07-28-2018, 07:23 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: What does it mean to worship the One Creator?

It has to go beyond devotion or an appreciation. I appreciate and am devoted to my spirit guide.
But I've learned not to worship him.

But it is advisable to worship the One Creator.

What's the difference between worship and appreciation?

Does worship mean you will serve them? But I feel like I do serve my spirit guide in a way.
Like I serve others.

Is it ok to give wine offerings to my spirit guide? Or is that an act of worship?
I don’t like the word worship.
To me it denotes a lowering of one self to another.
To do that personally I’d have the go back to seeing everyone as seperate.
Creator included.

We are all one. The veil just keeps that a bit hidden so worship seems inappropriate. Is service even the right word?

To me it’s more like looking to yourself outside illusion that has the big picture and trusting them to lead. Trusting them to know.

It would seem to me your trust would be the ultimate thing one could offer them. As to service is it serving anyone or making sure those parts of US that are in need get care. Those that feel hurt/angry/scared are soothed, the lost and confused found and brought to clarity.

Is that service to another or is that love, acceptance and care of all self.

Sorry just woke up and most likely muddied the waters.

RE: What does worship mean? - Sacred Fool - 07-29-2018

In simple terms, worship is a way of expressing love.  More specifically, it's a deliberate, dedicated offering of one's love to the Sacred.

When querying yourself about the matter, if you allow yourself to be guided by love, all will be well.

RE: What does worship mean? - loostudent - 07-29-2018

This is the Ra's definition:

Quote:64.4 ▶ Questioner: Thank you. Could you explain the basic principles behind the ritual which we perform to initiate the contact and what I would call the basic white magical rituals— principles of protection and other principles? Could you please do this?

Ra: I am Ra. Due to your avenue of question we perceive the appropriateness of inclusion of the cause of this instrument’s transitory vital energy distortion. The cause is a bias towards the yearning for expression of devotion to the One Creator in group worship.

This entity was yearning for this protection both consciously in that it responds to the accoutrements of this expression, the ritual, the colors and their meanings as given by the distortion system of what you call the church, the song of praise, and the combined prayers of thanksgiving and, most of all, that which may be seen to be most centrally magical, the intake of that food which is not of this dimension but has been transmuted into metaphysical nourishment in what this distortion of expression calls the holy communion.

The subconscious reason, it being the stronger for this yearning was the awareness that such expression is, when appreciated by an entity as the transmutation into the presence of the One Creator, a great protection of the entity as it moves in the path of service to others.

The principle behind any ritual of the white magical nature is to so configure the stimuli which reach down into the trunk of mind that this arrangement causes the generation of disciplined and purified emotion or love which then may be both protection and the key to the gateway to intelligent infinity.

I agree but I would just like to add that worship in broader sense is not just a ritual but serving as a way of life. Above example is from Christianity. Serving the Creator by expressing loving devotion is also the way of bhakti yoga (bhakti = worship, emotional devotion).

RE: What does worship mean? - Cainite - 07-29-2018

(07-29-2018, 04:20 PM)loostudent Wrote: This is the Ra's definition:

Quote:64.4 ▶ Questioner: Thank you. Could you explain the basic principles behind the ritual which we perform to initiate the contact and what I would call the basic white magical rituals— principles of protection and other principles? Could you please do this?

Ra: I am Ra. Due to your avenue of question we perceive the appropriateness of inclusion of the cause of this instrument’s transitory vital energy distortion. The cause is a bias towards the yearning for expression of devotion to the One Creator in group worship.

This entity was yearning for this protection both consciously in that it responds to the accoutrements of this expression, the ritual, the colors and their meanings as given by the distortion system of what you call the church, the song of praise, and the combined prayers of thanksgiving and, most of all, that which may be seen to be most centrally magical, the intake of that food which is not of this dimension but has been transmuted into metaphysical nourishment in what this distortion of expression calls the holy communion.

The subconscious reason, it being the stronger for this yearning was the awareness that such expression is, when appreciated by an entity as the transmutation into the presence of the One Creator, a great protection of the entity as it moves in the path of service to others.

The principle behind any ritual of the white magical nature is to so configure the stimuli which reach down into the trunk of mind that this arrangement causes the generation of disciplined and purified emotion or love which then may be both protection and the key to the gateway to intelligent infinity.

I agree but I would just like to add that worship in broader sense is not just a ritual but serving as a way of life. Above example is from Christianity. Serving the Creator by expressing loving devotion is also the way of bhakti yoga (bhakti = worship, emotional devotion).

I don't see the creator separate from the creation. loving something that's completely unknown and faceless is hard to imagine for me. but I can feel for the creation without trying. so if I'm not mistaken that's probably what worship in the STO path is. (to serve the creation wisely)

RE: What does worship mean? - Glow - 07-29-2018

(07-29-2018, 04:35 PM)Cainite Wrote: I don't see the creator separate from the creation. loving something that's completely unknown and faceless is hard to imagine for me. but I can feel for the creation without trying. so if I'm not mistaken that's probably what worship in the STO path is. (to serve the creation wisely)

That is in alignment with yesterdays lesson for me.

The insight was that at full saturation of love there is no bias or preference aka when you are in love fully with creation there is no one point of focus that matters most because it is FULL saturation. The creator is everything including us, love it all.

The feeling given in the lesson surely felt as close to worship as possible without it excluding self or any part of creation so in this sense service is just to love.

RE: What does worship mean? - loostudent - 07-31-2018

Quote:The yogin who, established in oneness, Honors Me as abiding in all beings,
In whatever way he otherwise acts, Dwells in Me.

He who sees equality in everything, In the image of his own Self, Arjuna,
Whether in pleasure or in pain, Is thought to be a supreme yogin.

Of all yogins, He who has merged his inner Self in Me,
Honors me, full of faith, Is thought to be the most devoted to Me.

— Bhagavad Gita, The Yoga of Meditation, VI.31-VI.32, VI.47
(Wiki)

Quote:Anything you do that brings pleasure to God is an act of worship. Like a diamond, worship is multifaceted. It would take volumes to cover all there is to understand about worship, but we will look at the primary aspects of worship in this section. Anthropologists have noted that worship is a universal urge, hard-wired by God into the very fiber of our being—an inbuilt need to connect with God. Worship is as natural as eating orbreathing. If we fail to worship God, we always find a substitute, even if it ends up being ourselves. The reason God made us with this desire is that he desires worshipers! Jesus said, “The Father seeks worshipers.”

Depending on your religious background, you may need toexpand your understanding of “worship.” You may think of church services with singing, praying, and listening to a sermon. Or you may think of ceremonies, candles, and communion. Or you may think ofhealing, miracles, and ecstatic experiences. Worship can include these elements, but worship is far more than these expressions. Worship is a lifestyle.

/.../

God’s heart is not touched by tradition in worship, but by passion and commitment. The Bible says, “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.”

/.../

Worship is not a part of your life; it is your life. Worship is not just for church services. We are told to “worship him continually” and to “praise him from sunrise to sunset.” /.../ David said, “I will thank the Lord at all times. My mouth will always praise him.” Every activity can be transformed into an act of worship when you do it for the praise, glory, and pleasure of God. The Bible says, “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”

/.../

The Bible says, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.” /.../ The Message paraphrase says, “Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering.” Work becomes worship when you dedicate it to God and perform it with an awareness of his presence.

(R. Warren - The Purpose-Driven Life)

What is/are your favorite pathway/s?

Quote:Nine Sacred Pathways

Spiritual temperaments that God creates in human beings so that we can connect and worship Him in unique ways. (Based on Sacred Pathways: Discover Your Soul’s Path to God by Gary Thomas © 1996)

1. Naturalists — love God best outdoors.  These people worship in the midst of God’s creation.  They celebrate His majesty and discover spiritual truths through nature

2. Sensates — love God through their senses.  These people worship through sensual experiences — sights (like art), sounds (music), smells, and more

3. Traditionalists — love God through religious ritual and symbols.  These people worship through traditions and sacraments of the Church. They believe structure, repetition, and rigidity, like weekly liturgy, leads to deeper understanding of God and faith

4. Ascetics — love God in solitude and simplicity.  These people worship through prayer and quiet time, and the absence of all outside noise and distraction

5. Activists — love God through confrontation, fighting for godly principles and values. They worship through their dedication to and participation in God’s truth about social and evangelistic causes

6. Caregivers — love God by serving others, and worship by giving of themselves. They may nurse the sick and disabled, “adopt” a prisoner, donate time at a shelter, etc.

7. Enthusiasts — love God through mystery and celebration. These people worship with outward displays of passion and enthusiasm. They love God with gusto!

8. Contemplatives — love God through adoration. These people worship by their attentiveness, deep love, and intimacy. They have an active prayer life

9. Intellectuals — love God with their mind and their hearts are opened up to a new attentiveness when they understand something new about God. These people worship through intense study, apologetics, and intellectual pursuits of their faith.  

Please note:
  • We are a mixture — we rarely rely on a single approach or temperament to connect with God every time; we are more likely to be a mix of several

• Temperaments change — spiritual temperaments evolve over time, much like couples love each other differently over the course of a marriage. We are likely to find different ways to connect with God during our lifetime

(http://media.focusonthefamily.com/fotf/pdf/fof_daily_broadcast/2014/ffde-20140416-9-sacred-pathways-final.pdf)

RE: What does worship mean? - Simchah Sason - 08-04-2018

Quote:June 27, 1993

When in the primeval unity of the creation the Creator chose through free will to express Itself the creation was articulated. The proper response to this Being has in your culture formed around itself a large number of ways and means which are deemed to be appropriate so that one gives one’s rightful response to a Creator which has chosen to manifest that which is the seeker. Each of these instructions seems wise and proper to some and inappropriate to others. Therefore it would seem that there is no consensus as to what the Creator Itself might want from Its creation.

This seems to be the situation; however, the Creator, as we feel this mystery, is unworldly and incompletely grasped by us, [and] seems to us not to desire any response over other responses, but rather, the Creator acts and continues in action rather than reaction. The seeker wishing to address the infinite One in most cases is addressing a logos or sub-logos, the love manifest, or some expression of love manifest, such as the higher self. To this higher self, still, no one mode of address is preferred precisely, rather the praise and thanksgiving are accepted without emotion.

Questioner: Then why do so many sources state that it is good and just to offer praise and thanksgiving to the infinite Creator?

I am Q’uo. The Creator created a great original Expression or Thought. This we have called the logos or love. This principle, this love, created all that there is by the quantizing articulation of light. Yet all that is created is of the nature of its parent source, which is love. The reason for offering love, appreciation, a blessing and thanksgiving to the infinite One is that the entity within incarnation is attempting to form its vibratory frequency more and more like that of the vibrational frequency of the one great original Thought, which is love. The closer the seeker comes to matching that vibratory frequency, the more that entity will be perceived as offering praise and thanksgiving. This is true far beneath any articulation of words or even what you consider thoughts. Rather, it is in the nature of the way creation is built. That is, original Thought expresses in love, thanks, blessing, praise and rejoicing. Thusly, it is not a Creator hungry for praise and thanks that requires homage of its worshippers, but rather it is love, it is reflected in love, and in that infinite reflection lies truth.

RE: What does worship mean? - AnthroHeart - 08-16-2018

(07-29-2018, 04:20 PM)loostudent Wrote: This is the Ra's definition:

Thank you for mentioning bhakti yoga. I wasn't much for the breathing work, so maybe this is another path to God.