Bring4th
Transformation of mind - metanoia - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Transformation of mind - metanoia (/showthread.php?tid=15501)

Transformation of mind - metanoia - loostudent - 04-03-2018

Quote:The positive polarity attempts to see through the illusion to the Creator in each mind/body/spirit complex, but for the greater part is concerned with behaviors and thoughts directed towards other-selves in order to be of service. (Ra)

How to think differently?

In Ra material it is said that one must turn single-mindedly to STO (or STS) to polarize. Being aware, understand and seek love within the moment is the exercise/lesson of this density. This is empowered with every attempt. Despite some failed attempts the desire to seek love is central. There lies a treshold and to cross it "the faculty of faith or will needs to be understood, nourished, and developed in order to have an entity which seeks past the boundary of third density."

"The foundation or prerequisite of these exercises is a predilection towards what may be called meditation, contemplation, or prayer."

This concept of transformation is also fundamental in the teachings of Jesus. In New Testament greek it is called metanoia and it is often poorly translated as "repentance". Original meaning is a change of mind/heart (or over/beyond-mind), not just intellectualy but integrally as a new way of life. In Christian sense this change occurs because of the encounter with Jesus Christ and with the help of Holy Spirit. A Christian responds to boundless love and light revealed in Christ and starts seeing with Christ's eyes in constant changing process.

RE: Transformation of mind - metanoia - loostudent - 04-07-2018

I just want to share what I've been reading on this topic:

Quote:We need to constantly turn our attention towards the Higher Reality in prayer/meditation and in our day to day dealings with others. But turning towards something always also implies turning away from something else. We need to shift our focus from the outer realities of our life to the inner reality of our true self, the Christ consciousness within. This shift inevitably implies change, some of it conscious and some of it unconscious. On the outer level there is a conscious choice to spend regular times meditating instead of reading or watching television; a conscious choice to meet with like-minded people in a meditation group or by attending retreats; a conscious choice to change our reading matter and ways of entertainment. But on the inner level the real change, transformation even, brought about by this different focus, is unconscious and very gradual. In fact, it is totally outside our control; we do not change, we are changed; it is spiritual gift ... (Kim Nataraja) Read more

RE: Transformation of mind - metanoia - loostudent - 04-25-2018

Some helpful information from Rick Warren's book The Purpose Driven Life (with some quotes from the Bible):

To change your life, you must change the way you think. Behind everything you do is a thought. Every behavior is motivated by a belief, and every action is prompted by an attitude. God revealed this thousands of years before psychologists understood it:
“Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts.”

Imagine riding in a speedboat on a lake with an automatic pilot set to go east. If you decide to reverse and head west, you have two possible ways to change the boat’s direction. One way is to grab the steering wheel and physically force it to head in the opposite direction from where the autopilot is programmed to go. By sheer willpower you could overcome the autopilot, but you would feel constant resistance. Your arms would eventually tire of the stress, you’d let go of the steering wheel, and the boat would instantly head back east, the way it was internally programmed.

This is what happens when you try to change your life with willpower: You say, “I’ll force myself to eat less . . . exercise more ... quit being disorganized and late.” Yes, willpower can produce short-term change, but it creates constant internal stress because you haven’t dealt with the root cause. The change doesn’t feel natural, so eventually you give up, go off your diet, and quit exercising. You quickly revert to your old patterns.

here is a better and easier way: Change your autopilot—the way you think. The Bible says, “Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.” Your first step in spiritual growth is to start changing the way you think. Change always starts first in your mind. The way you think determines the way you feel, and the way you feel influences the way you act. Paul said, “There must be a spiritual renewal of your thoughts and attitudes.”

To be like Christ you must develop the mind of Christ. The New Testament calls this mental shift repentance [metanoia], which in Greek literally means “to change your mind.” You repent whenever you change the way you think by adopting how God thinks — about yourself, sin, God, other people, life, your future, and everything else. You take on Christ’s outlook and perspective.

We are commanded to “think the same way that Christ Jesus thought.” There are two parts to doing this. The first half of this mental shift is to stop thinking immature thoughts, which are self-centered and self-seeking /.../ The second half of thinking like Jesus is to start thinking maturely, which focuses on others, not yourself /.../

Thinking of others is the heart of Christlikeness and the best evidence of spiritual growth. This kind of thinking is unnatural, counter-cultural, rare, and difficult. Fortunately we have help:
“God has given us his Spirit. That’s why we don’t think the same way that the people of this world think.”

RE: Transformation of mind - metanoia - loostudent - 04-28-2018

Further thoughts from The Purpose Driven Life:

Quote:Service starts in your mind.
To be a servant requires a mental shift, a change in your attitudes. God is always more interested in why we do something than in what we do. Attitudes count more than achievements. King Amaziah lost God’s favor because “he did what was right in the sight of the Lord, yet not with a true heart.”

According to Warren there are five attitudes of real servants:

1. Servants think more about others than about themselves.
2. Servants think like stewards, not owners.
3. Servants think about their work, not what others are doing. (They don’t compare, criticize, or compete.)
4. Servants base their identity in Christ. (Henri Nouwen said, “In order to be of service to others we have to die to them; that is, we have to give up measuring our meaning and value with the yardstick of others ... thus we become free to be compassionate.”)
5. Servants think of ministry as an opportunity, not an obligation.

RE: Transformation of mind - metanoia - loostudent - 04-29-2018

A transformation scene in movie Rango (nevermind the modifications in subtitles).

RE: Transformation of mind - metanoia - AnthroHeart - 04-29-2018

I like this one where he is transformed in his belief.

RE: Transformation of mind - metanoia - loostudent - 05-02-2018

Yes, I remember that scene from Dr. Strange! Smile He realized there is more to reality. He realized this by force because his intentions were selfish and shallow. Wasn't that an infringement upon the free will? Anyway later he also transformed his character. Before he was arrogant and egoistic but at the end he was prepared to suffer endlessly for his world.

RE: Transformation of mind - metanoia - AnthroHeart - 05-02-2018

(05-02-2018, 01:55 AM)loostudent Wrote: Yes, I remember that scene from Dr. Strange! Smile He realized there is more to reality. He realized this by force because his intentions were selfish and shallow. Wasn't that an infringement upon the free will? Anyway later he also transformed his character. Before he was arrogant and egoistic but at the end he was prepared to suffer endlessly for his world.

Yes, I can't imagine dying repeatedly in bad ways like he did.

RE: Transformation of mind - metanoia - unity100 - 05-03-2018

(04-03-2018, 05:55 PM)loostudent Wrote:
Quote:The positive polarity attempts to see through the illusion to the Creator in each mind/body/spirit complex, but for the greater part is concerned with behaviors and thoughts directed towards other-selves in order to be of service. (Ra)

In Ra material it is said that one must turn single-mindedly to STO (or STS) to polarize. Being aware, understand and seek love within the moment is the exercise/lesson of this density. This is empowered with every attempt. Despite some failed attempts the desire to seek love is central. There lies a treshold and to cross it "the faculty of faith or will needs to be understood, nourished, and developed in order to have an entity which seeks past the boundary of third density."

"The foundation or prerequisite of these exercises is a predilection towards what may be called meditation, contemplation, or prayer."

This concept of transformation is also fundamental in the teachings of Jesus. In New Testament greek it is called metanoia and it is often poorly translated as "repentance". Original meaning is a change of mind/heart (or over/beyond-mind), not just intellectualy but integrally as a new way of life. In Christian sense this change occurs because of the encounter with Jesus Christ and with the help of Holy Spirit. A Christian responds to boundless love and light revealed in Christ and starts seeing with Christ's eyes in constant changing process.

Repenting is not a way to travel forward. The attitude of the traveler should not be 'Im not going to do that, i repent', but it should be "I desire to do this, and i will". Its not repressing, its finding what is desired.

I personally strongly advise against almost entirety of the teachings in semitic religions. Whatever truth left inside them (and there is), is left very tiny, and majority of the teachings have been filled or tainted with tribal and cultural traditions and biases that date back to bronze age.

What Ra material tells, especially in the topic of transformation of the mind card, is quite simple and clear: The seeker lets go of one hand (in this case, the right hand since you are talking about positive polarization), and clenches and pulls the inspiration that comes from the right hand side with the left hand.

The story is simple: The mind must seek its positive polarization that comes from the inspiration from the positive path, right hand side. It doesnt repress its left, but it lets it go.

RE: Transformation of mind - metanoia - crimson - 05-03-2018

(05-03-2018, 10:35 PM)unity100 Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 05:55 PM)loostudent Wrote:

Repenting is not a way to travel forward. The attitude of the traveler should not be 'Im not going to do that, i repent', but it should be "I desire to do this, and i will". Its not repressing, its finding what is desired.

I personally strongly advise against almost entirety of the teachings in semitic religions. Whatever truth left inside them (and there is), is left very tiny, and majority of the teachings have been filled or tainted with tribal and cultural traditions and biases that date back to bronze age.

What Ra material tells, especially in the topic of transformation of the mind card, is quite simple and clear: The seeker lets go of one hand (in this case, the right hand since you are talking about positive polarization), and clenches and pulls the inspiration that comes from the right hand side with the left hand.

The story is simple: The mind must seek its positive polarization that comes from the inspiration from the positive path, right hand side. It doesnt repress its left, but it lets it go.

Same can be said for the left path, no?

RE: Transformation of mind - metanoia - loostudent - 05-04-2018

(05-03-2018, 10:35 PM)unity100 Wrote: Repenting is not a way to travel forward /.../

I personally strongly advise against almost entirety of the teachings in semitic religions /.../

I was just refering to some bad English translations of the Greek word metanoia in NT Bible.

According to my experience all religions are valuable for a seeker. You just have to dig deeper ...

"This is in common with each of your orthodox religious systems which have all become somewhat mixed in orientation, yet offer a pure path to the One Creator which is seen by the pure seeker." (Ra)