Bring4th
Looking for group in Roanoke, VA - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Meet-up Area (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Looking for group in Roanoke, VA (/showthread.php?tid=14819)

Looking for group in Roanoke, VA - WhatIfItWereTrue - 08-31-2017

Looking for anyone near Roanoke, VA who would be interested in discussing the Law of One. I can start a group, join an existing one, or just meet somewhere for tea/coffee.

Thanks,
Eric

RE: Looking for group in Roanoke, VA - Eddie - 08-31-2017

You might find slim pickings around Roanoake.  However, you're only about 2 hours from the Monroe Institute.  Have you considered taking their Gateway course?  You'd meet many kindred souls.

I get to Martinsville once every 3 or 4 years, but don't have a trip planned presently.

RE: Looking for group in Roanoke, VA - rva_jeremy - 09-01-2017

(08-31-2017, 06:30 PM)WhatIfItWereTrue Wrote: Looking for anyone near Roanoke, VA who would be interested in discussing the Law of One. I can start a group, join an existing one, or just meet somewhere for tea/coffee.

Thanks,
Eric

I'm in Richmond, VA -- a little far.  I'm having trouble connecting with other seekers as well, for what it's worth.

RE: Looking for group in Roanoke, VA - WhatIfItWereTrue - 09-01-2017

(08-31-2017, 08:04 PM)Eddie Wrote: You might find slim pickings around Roanoake.  However, you're only about 2 hours from the Monroe Institute.  Have you considered taking their Gateway course?  You'd meet many kindred souls.

I get to Martinsville once every 3 or 4 years, but don't have a trip planned presently.

I'd never heard of it. Thanks for the pointer!

(09-01-2017, 10:43 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 06:30 PM)WhatIfItWereTrue Wrote: Looking for anyone near Roanoke, VA who would be interested in discussing the Law of One. I can start a group, join an existing one, or just meet somewhere for tea/coffee.

Thanks,
Eric

I'm in Richmond, VA -- a little far.  I'm having trouble connecting with other seekers as well, for what it's worth.

Sorry to hear that. I just became aware of the books recently so I figured I was late to the game and there would be others more familiar with it nearby. I actually created a flyer that I'm thinking of posting around town to drum up interest in this and other topics I'd love to discuss. Hopefully that will bring people "out of hiding".

Cheers,
Eric

RE: Looking for group in Roanoke, VA - Eddie - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 10:54 AM)WhatIfItWereTrue Wrote: Sorry to hear that. I just became aware of the books recently so I figured I was late to the game and there would be others more familiar with it nearby. I actually created a flyer that I'm thinking of posting around town to drum up interest in this and other topics I'd love to discuss. Hopefully that will bring people "out of hiding".

Cheers,
Eric

At the last Homecoming, Steve Tyman told a funny story about when he discovered the material.  It rocked his world, of course, and he found out that there would be a meeting in Louisville for all who were interested, to discuss the material (this was some years ago).  He figured that there would be a huge crowd attending, so he arrived an hour early (from Illinois) to make sure he wouldn't get stuck way back in the rear of the room, and be unable to ask questions. 

He was astounded to find himself among only 6 people, including Carla and Jim.

You will find few people who are sufficiently ready for the material, to want to pursue its study actively.  The number in the U.S. is small enough the most of us know each other already.

(09-01-2017, 11:27 AM)Eddie Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 10:54 AM)WhatIfItWereTrue Wrote: Sorry to hear that. I just became aware of the books recently so I figured I was late to the game and there would be others more familiar with it nearby. I actually created a flyer that I'm thinking of posting around town to drum up interest in this and other topics I'd love to discuss. Hopefully that will bring people "out of hiding".

Cheers,
Eric

At the last Homecoming, Steve Tyman told a funny story about when he discovered the material.  It rocked his world, of course, and he found out that there would be a meeting in Louisville for all who were interested, to discuss the material (this was some years ago).  He figured that there would be a huge crowd attending, so he arrived an hour early (from Illinois) to make sure he wouldn't get stuck way back in the rear of the room, and be unable to ask questions. 

He was astounded to find himself among only 6 people, including Carla and Jim.

You will find few people who are sufficiently ready for the material, to want to pursue its study actively.  The number in the U.S. is small enough the most of us know each other already.

Good story! I think I would have done the same thing if I was in his shoes.

RE: Looking for group in Roanoke, VA - rva_jeremy - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 10:54 AM)WhatIfItWereTrue Wrote: I actually created a flyer that I'm thinking of posting around town to drum up interest in this and other topics I'd love to discuss. Hopefully that will bring people "out of hiding".

I was thinking of posting a flyer at the local new age bookstore.

RE: Looking for group in Roanoke, VA - Eddie - 09-06-2017

(09-01-2017, 04:56 PM)rva_jeremy Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 10:54 AM)WhatIfItWereTrue Wrote: I actually created a flyer that I'm thinking of posting around town to drum up interest in this and other topics I'd love to discuss. Hopefully that will bring people "out of hiding".

I was thinking of posting a flyer at the local new age bookstore.

You should post a flyer at the local still.  You'll get more interesting respondents...... Wink 

Still a pile of stills around Roanoke.  Lots. 

RE: Looking for group in Roanoke, VA - Ra1111 - 01-23-2018

I just moved to Tennessee and my family is in Fredericksburg , so now and then I pass thru Roanoke. I would be happy to meet with a group if it ever formed !

RE: Looking for group in Roanoke, VA - WhatIfItWereTrue - 01-23-2018

(01-23-2018, 11:43 AM)Ra1111 Wrote: I just moved to Tennessee and my family is in Fredericksburg , so now and then I pass thru Roanoke. I would be happy to meet with a group if it ever formed !

While I haven't created a group yet, I am starting to find like minded people. If you feel like making a pit stop next time you pass through Roanoke, give me a call. I'd love to meet and hear your stories.

Cheers,
Eric

p.s. sending phone # via pm