Bring4th
My little house music radio show. - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Artistic Endeavors (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: My little house music radio show. (/showthread.php?tid=14625)

My little house music radio show. - Nicholas - 07-01-2017

Hi friends and fellow members of Bring4th.

A few months ago I was asked if I would like to return to a small independent radio show based in England. I had a weekly slot for a couple of years playing House music, however, due to not having the room in our flat to set up my DJ equipment I opted to pre-record my shows using software on my pc. Over time this method lost it's appeal and I decided to stop. Having recently redecorated, and with my wife's reluctant blessing, I have removed some furniture from our home, freeing up the much needed space to broadcast my passion for House music with live mixing. Until now It had been 5 years since my decks were in operation.

Around 10 years ago I had a weekly residency at a rather large bar in my home town of Colchester. This lasted for 2 years until I became a little disenfranchised soon after the bar changed ownership. And I did not use the opportunity to continue DJing elsewhere, despite having a great CV for DJing at one of the best House music venues in my area. This was mainly due to enjoying the free alcohol rather than focusing on more long term aspirations Dodgy . My style is very much dominated by spiritually conscious songs of a funk/soul/disco influence.

Here are a few songs that would typically go into my sets!

A fresh re-work of a Disco legend, Loleatta Holloway.

A Nu Disco track that I currently enjoy overplaying.

Something more Afro/Tribal that I would play in the second half of my 2 hour show. More meditative and esoteric (as the spoken words in this particular track indicates Smile ).

Finally, I go by the name of 'DJ Nicky M' so if anyone is curious to listen in then I begin at 6pm GMT ( 1pm Eastern Standard Time ) through to 8pm. I will also be recording and uploading my shows to mixcloud and will post the links here should anyone desire to listen at a more convenient time.

And of course, here is the radio show link! After dark Radio

L/L

Nick. 

PS. I will also be available in the radio station chat room during my shows should anyone wish to interact (as I may not be using my microphone that often due to early nerves!) Smile .

RE: My little house music radio show. - Nicholas - 07-08-2017

Here is my first radio show recorded live  Smile

A highlight would most likely be a song that I purchased around 9 years ago. I played it in the first hour of my show and plucked it out from my back catalogue. It's poetry that you can sway to and romantic story's are what inspire me the most in the forum of musical expression. I think that is most likely why Stevie Wonder is my favourite artist. Here is the link to the full 2 hour house set.

Nicky M's House mix

And here is a you tube upload of the highlighted track I mentioned above  Smile