Bring4th
_____ - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: _____ (/showthread.php?tid=14582)

_____ - GentleWanderer - 06-17-2017

______

RE: Fragmentation of the psyche - AnthroHeart - 06-17-2017

I've heard it also called soul splintering. It happens at any trauma.

Usually shamans will use soul retrieval to retrieve pieces of a person's psyche.
They use their animal guides to help them find the pieces, and then negotiate with them to come back.
You can't force the pieces to come back. You have to give them reason to rejoin the soul.
I haven't done one, but it is part of Celtic and Native American shamanism.

RE: Fragmentation of the psyche - Cyclops - 06-17-2017

(06-17-2017, 05:04 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: What is it ? Do you understand precisely how it occurs ? When someone says "my inner child is dead, i've to mourn over her/him" or "i lost my innocence" is it a case of fragmentation ? And how do you pick up the pieces ?

Dunno about psychology but in the L/L transcripts if you search for "schizophrenia" there you'll find sessions that when describing it describe "compartmentalizing of different portions of the personality", "fragmentation of the self", "schism or the division of the personality", if that's what your looking for.

RE: Fragmentation of the psyche - Nau7ik - 06-18-2017

The way I see it is that fragmentation occurs during trauma to protect the psyche. It's actually quite a loving thing the Creator has built in, that those who are enduring physical or emotional/mental trauma can escape it until a time comes when they can properly deal with the traumatic experience. I don't fully understand it, but STS knows very well how fragmentation occurs and they use mind control and trauma to accomplish it on others to completely control their minds. You control the mind and the body follows.

Healing can occur for one who has been mind controlled or traumatized. The great healer is love.

All of the pieces are there, but they've been fragmented. So we would need to gather up those pieces, and I won't pretend to know how to do that. There are those who do this kind of work though. Patience and love go a long way.

According to my limited knowledge, this is the area I associate with the fragmentation of mind. Innocence lost, or a dead inner child, is an illusion. Those qualities are of the open heart, they're still there within you.

Nothing is lost, all is well!

RE: Fragmentation of the psyche - Diana - 06-18-2017

You can't intellectualize the hurt inner child, or fragmentation. You have to do the emotional work. I'm skeptical about practices such as soul retrieval dealing with it because the person who is fragmented must get to the root of the buried trauma and do the work him- or herself (someone can help, but the emotions have to be surfaced and felt). John Bradshaw has the the best information on this subject that I know of, if you're really interested: Homecoming; Reclaiming and Championing Your Inner Child, and, Healing the Shame that Binds You, for example (both excellent).

RE: Fragmentation of the psyche - anagogy - 06-18-2017

(06-17-2017, 05:04 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: What is it ? Do you understand precisely how it occurs ? When someone says "my inner child is dead, i've to mourn over her/him" or "i lost my innocence" is it a case of fragmentation ? And how do you pick up the pieces ?

Emotional trauma creates vacuums for your attention, your consciousness. It saps your spiritual energy, draining your will. Like cracks in a bottle, the emotional energy drains out the bottle by seeping through the cracks. Love is when your bottle is full, the cracks do their best to stop you from filling up your bottle with emotional energy. Your cup doth not runneth over in such a case. When it does, blessings (love) spill out on the universe. When it doesn't, you barely have enough for yourself. You are stuck in the lower echelons of kundalini awakening and are basically stuck in an animalistic state of survival mode.

These cracks seep into your deep mind, your subconscious. Your attention is subtly directed and solidified in these realms into distorted astral crystal structures. You can see these structures that form on the lower astral, in your personal field, where you might tangibly see a representation of your fractured personality personified by some symbol most representative of it, be it sadness, or anger, or jealousy or pain. Could be a lost child. A screaming demon, or some kind of animal or other personification.

It takes extremely severe trauma to fracture it it into an actual complete split off personality, as in dis-associative identity disorder. Rare, but not unheard of.

Ultimately, it is just unresolved emotional trauma. If you haven't resolved it, you will still feel an intense emotional reaction when your mind goes over the event (sometimes it is obfuscated in such a way that you lose conscious memory of the event and instead just have access to a nebulous emotion surrounding it -- I call it "D.I.D. lite"). Healing can take a long time. Almost everybody has these psychological wounds. Some more than others. Until you can look at an event without a strong negative emotional charge, it is still not completely healed. And many of these wounds will be carried until after death.

RE: Fragmentation of the psyche - GentleReckoning - 06-19-2017

In the case of schizophrenia, it is as was mentioned. The ego fractures into all of the disparate desires, thoughts, and feelings. A game is then played whereby different desires are mixed with different thoughts and feelings. They coalesce into disparate ideas or personalities. As these are further refined and balanced, the archetypes within the DNA begin to surface. Then exploration of the different god-heads are accepted and balanced. And finally thoughts and energies from the previous octave and other forms of consciousness (hive, AI, unisex, alien, etc). Schizophrenia can really be considered negative time/space as the ordering and patterning of the retrieval becomes a constant process of ego-death and reconstruction.

The life experience is then perceived as a whole, the purest desires analyzed and accepted. Then comes the choice as to when why, and how to create. Very few manage to walk this path towards it's conclusion...

_____ - GentleWanderer - 06-20-2017

_____

RE: Fragmentation of the psyche - Night Owl - 06-21-2017

(06-20-2017, 04:50 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: Thank you all for your nice answers, which hopefully led me to new questions.

Is fragmentation a protective process the creator has built in, or the result of the weakness of the psyche to trauma ?
Can drugs produce fragmentation ?
Can too much meditation produce fragmentation ?
Can fragmentation occurs not be caused by a traumatic experience but by a more or less conscious choice to deny some part of the self.
For exemple someone who wants to be respected in a new social environment and try to ignore or forget the part of the self that don't fit to this new environment.

I've noticed there are two opposed views. The first view, a shamanic one like Gemini presented is of soul splintering (i think shaman don't use the word soul as Soul or Higher Self, but as the full personality or psyche) with some part of the soul who are lost and living their life independantly.
The second view, a more traditional approach consider it is only the result of not wanting to experience again the repressed emotions induced by the trauma, a psychological blocage.

Both
Yes
Yes/No it depends how you do it or why you do it
Yes
Yes

The two views you describe are most likely the result of the nebulosity of the term "soul". Traditional psychanalyst freud which most psychological theories come from didn't believe in any mysticism like the concept of soul and so they either don't describe the same thing or they both use different thought patterns in order to explain the also nebulous term "fragmentation". Since the mind and soul could be seen as micro/macro reflexions, I would tend to think that both explainations are right in their own ways.

RE: Fragmentation of the psyche - Nau7ik - 06-21-2017

Quote:Is fragmentation a protective process the creator has built in, or the result of the weakness of the psyche to trauma ?

Good question! I would also say "both". The fragmentation of mind can occur because of the weakness of mind or lesser developed, so as to protect the integrity of mind or soul of the individual.

I don't think one's mind can become fragmented with meditation, correct me if I'm wrong. But meditation is diving within the self. Things that have been denied or repressed, or even fragments of mind that one didn't even know about can come up, can become uncovered. This happened to me, a fridge fell over when I was playing with my cousin when we were 2 or 3, and the sound and heaviness was too much at the time. Later on in life I experienced the feeling of the experience but not knowing where it came from or what it was. After starting a meditation practice many more years later, things started to clear up and I was able to put those pieces together and then balance the experience and emotional response.

So I would say that meditation helps with repression or fragmentation, but that it wouldn't cause it. Again, correct me if I'm wrong!

RE: Fragmentation of the psyche - Night Owl - 06-21-2017

Rather than insisting on the mind being too weak, as that is rather vague and very subjective, I would suggest that just like on drugs, fragmentation occur as a result of control and repression due to the fear of what is experienced. The more one resist the new vibration of this experience, the more likely it is to experience fragmentation.

As for meditation, I don't think fragmentation can be the direct result, but like all things it is possible to meditate with the intent on controling or repressing parts of the self which can end up having this result. We could call that negative meditation. But it still would be the result of fear IMO. That is in part what creates a significant amount of perception of seperation in a STS polarizing person. Those who polarize this way are indeed using a certain focus of thoughts on control that can be just as deep as what we usually call meditation.

RE: Fragmentation of the psyche - Stranger - 06-21-2017

This general topic is exactly what I and Agua Del Cielo have been writing about.

Within each of us is a perfectly healthy personality, characterized by confidence, compassion, joyfulness and wisdom. it is fixed and cannot be changed through experience.

Overlaying it are various "fragments" or sub-personalities. These are like colored glasses through which we view the world, but instead of distorting the color of light, they introduce emotional distortions. For example, one sub-personality created through painful experiences with abusive caregivers might introduce a strong sense of distrust of others into all interactions with others, whether warranted or not. From the perspective of the subpersonality, these distortions are necessary ways of coping with a harsh reality, and the subpersonality is unable to view reality from any other perspective except the one it's holding.

We all have these. It seems impossible to go through a single lifetime without accumulating many of of these fragments; but they also persist across lives. They are our catalyst. Without them, we'd be able to encounter any situation with the compassion and acceptance that characterize our core personality.

They arise whenever we're not able to fully meet external catalyst with acceptance. The catalyst is therefore not fully utilized, and it remains inside us as a fragment. Any time a situation arises which reminds the fragment of the original situation that formed it, it reacts with the same emotion as it originally did.

As a result, we can find ourselves reacting to relatively benign situations with a disproportionate emotional response which doesn't seem to make sense. Our emotional response in the present is the sum of the old emotion plus our reaction to the current situation.

As you can imagine, we have the most difficulty understanding, processing and accepting painful situations when we're children. That is why most people have damaged "inner children" - not singular, but plural - holding various traumatic memories and associated emotions. There is no healthy "inner child" - the healthy personality is the core self, and it is playful and joyful, but it is not a child. The appearance of a fragment as a child simply indicates the age at which the fragment was created through some painful experience.

Once the traumatic experience is released fully, the fragment disappears, happily.

Fragments are healed by the loving acceptance of the fragment and the burden it carries. There's some art to this, but if you're able to approach the fragment with love and compassion, it will heal. Sometimes, as Agua Del Cielo says, just sitting with the emotion in a safe setting and allowing ourselves to experience it can be enough to effect healing.

Now to your other questions: Is it a protective process? I don't know the Creator's intent, but fragmentation seems to accomplish two things: 1) allow us to function in life without being overwhelmed by painful emotional experiences, while 2) keeping unprocessed catalyst ever-present and waiting for us to deal with it, one way or another. Sadly, in our culture we don't recognize it for what it is, and do our best to ignore it - while it does its best to not be ignored, because every fragment is a part of us that's in pain, waiting to be healed.

Can drugs produce fragmentation? no idea, but I would imagine that having a traumatic drug-induced experience would.

Can too much meditation produce fragmentation? I doubt it very much. Meditation involves acknowledging and accepting whatever arises - the opposite of the dissociation process which produces fragmentation. Meditation can definitely help to heal fragmentation.

Can fragmentation be caused by a conscious choice to deny part of self? I don't see how that would work. If, as in your example, you're consciously choosing to put forward a certain persona and downplay other characteristics of your personality, that's simply choosing in the present. I do think that some choices, which involve a distortion of love, can over a long period of time generate sufficient amounts of distorted energy that it becomes self-conscious and in a way becomes a fragment.

Personally, I'm far more familiar with the process of identifying and healing fragments than with the process of their creation, so take the previous 3 paragraphs as educated guesses. None of the fragments I've encountered to date in myself or others have been created by anything other than unresolved emotional pain.

RE: Fragmentation of the psyche - FractalWanderer - 09-06-2017

To my current understanding, fragmentation of the personality happens when a large amount of energy is incorrectly directed through the mind/body/spirit complex. It causes a sort of tear or wound in the energy structures that form the personality, and often heals incorrectly causing a scar separating the fractured piece to remain somewhat separate. When a person experiences a traumatic event, there is an enormous burst of emotional energy. If this energy is not properly dealt with by the person internally at that moment, it may be improperly dissipated resulting in the fragmentation. Drugs are sometimes used to roughly redirect large amounts of energy in the mind/body/spirit complex. This can cause an overload in areas not built up to sustain a large flow of energy, causing a wound or tear to be built up more or less gradually. These often have more scarring than the ones from trauma. Thirdly, in meditation, if one improperly directs large amounts of energy through channels in the mind/body/spirit complex not set up for it, it can cause a similar occurrence of breakage in the structures. Proper healing of the structures broken is more common during meditation, which results in the fracture healing before most people notice it.