Bring4th
"Flicking a switch" / negative? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: "Flicking a switch" / negative? (/showthread.php?tid=14026)

"Flicking a switch" / negative? - Glow - 01-24-2017

So please forgive me in advance for asking a question when I don't really knowing what my question is.

I've had several people over the last few years mention casually that they can "flick a switch"(actually all used the same term) and suddenly no longer care about people.

We aren't talking about being at peace over a situation, or realizing a situation isn't healthy and sucking it up and moving on. They literally meant flick poof people they love no longer matter. One of them differentiated by saying he "flicks a switch and no longer has to show he cares" it still eats him but he can suppress the need to act on the caring. The others apparently just no longer care.

So I am uncomfortable with this ability for some reason. They all seem to be decent people but I'm more comfortable knowing I'm investing into relationships where if someone cares they are compelled to be true to that, the ability to easily over ride a conviction of love(we aren't talking crushes or acquaintances) it's so foreign to me it seems like a giant bright red flag.

I don't like to get into categorizing and judging but it seems these people have been attracted to my life. So I bet I'm supposed to learn something maybe about boundaries or something with people who admit (without prompting/like a brag) that they can do this. I don't think other people have this told to them. 3 people have told me this in 2 years. Not only will I never try flicking a switch but I wouldn't because it seems false/dis genuine to me. I have people I have loved that I now love in a peaceful better at a distance way but still there is no act to hide or end the love.

It got me thinking about negative polarity not using heart. I don't think at all these people are negative but we all have some negative patterns.

I guess the question is. Is this a representation of how a negative might control their heart? Again I know these people are not negative just perhaps have a few habits.

Any insight would be great.

RE: "Flicking a switch" / negative? - Minyatur - 01-24-2017

I've had episodes of that and can still have. I called it depersonalization when I first researched the phenomenon but now I'd call it really just a moment of heightened awareness unbound from lower ray distortions.

This phenomenon then lead me to research the Gnosis state which ended up leading me to this place. You could equate this state as relating to the magical personality.

Your life becomes like the movie of your life.

RE: "Flicking a switch" / negative? - APeacefulWarrior - 01-24-2017

I wouldn't say that emotional control -by itself- is an indication of negativity. It can also mean not getting angry in a situation where one knows anger will be harmful, or not being afraid in situations where fear will only make things worse. But being able to control one's level of love\compassion does usually come part-and-parcel with such abilities. Since all emotions are "distortions" of more underlying energetic impulses, control over how those impulses express themselves is going to affect the entire spectrum, so to speak.

First there's the love/light, which is distorted into what one might call "pure" emotion, which is then in turn distorted into a specific expression of emotion like hate or love. It's like light through a crystal. Learn to turn the crystal, and the refraction patterns change.

If anything, I'd tend to think those who have such self-control are simply strong in blue-ray, which can be either polarity.

Besides, if we're talking about folks like sociopaths or psychopaths -who would be textbook negative types- it's really the exact opposite. They don't care as their natural state, but can put on a mask that makes it appear they do. I don't think it's likely one would use the "flip the switch" metaphor unless they were either very confused about their true nature, or lying.

Either way, I really wouldn't suggest you let it worry you. I'm pretty sure it's just one of those "different people have different ways" things.

RE: "Flicking a switch" / negative? - Glow - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 10:34 AM)Minyatur Wrote: I've had episodes of that and can still have. I called it depersonalization when I first researched the phenomenon but now I'd call it really just a moment of heightened awareness unbound from lower ray distortions.

This phenomenon then lead me to research the Gnosis state which ended up leading me to this place. You could equate this state as relating to the magical personality.

Your life becomes like the movie of your life.

I'm not sure you and I are talking about the same thing. That sounds like a change in awareness as you said. Or maybe it is exactly what's happening and I just don't understand it yet.

I had trouble explaining it but to be clear. Wouldn't depersonalization mean your heart can beshut off across the board? Like you leave your ego?

These people were just picking and choosing who they would shut their heart off too rather than feel their true feelings. Their heart stayed open to others. Like what served their purpose was to cut people out of their heart so they did and were able to go on like they never had cared. Like the next day nothing had happened everything normal.

I had to remove myself from some family issues a long time ago but I still loved them and it took a while to mourn their loss. These people just went on with some relationships leaving a few of their closest behind without skippin a beat.

Can depersonalization be only about a few? Or is that more depersonalization of the ones you stop caring about. Depersonalize yourself vs depersonalize them?

Ps I had a hunch you'd reply, and I thank you. I respect your opinion quite a bit and see your perspective clearly so often, I figured you and I might see this from different perspective, which is a great way for me to learn. Thanks

Your life becomes the movie of your life.

I think the one who told me he flicks the switch and no longer has to show he cares(but still does) actually said something similar. I'd bet depersonalization would make sense for him. Distancing from emotional connection. Thanks Minyatur

RE: "Flicking a switch" / negative? - Minyatur - 01-24-2017

I think it is a tool that makes use of the timeless nature of the soul. It's more than becoming uncaring, it can also be used to channel a positive or negative configuration of the self.

So I'd say the state of uncaringness could be a strong (strong as repeating) negative pattern of the soul that needs to be resolved to not repeat more across the cycles. It's like a defense mechanism that makes use of the ability of separation.

How to resolve? The repeated choice to not desire to be cut off from one's love or light self. Acceptance of one's feelings instead of rejection.

(01-24-2017, 10:44 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: I wouldn't say that emotional control -by itself- is an indication of negativity. It can also mean not getting angry in a situation where one knows anger will be harmful, or not being afraid in situations where fear will only make things worse. But being able to control one's level of love\compassion does usually come part-and-parcel with such abilities. Since all emotions are "distortions" of more underlying energetic impulses, control over how those impulses express themselves is going to affect the entire spectrum, so to speak.

First there's the love/light, which is distorted into what one might call "pure" emotion, which is then in turn distorted into a specific expression of emotion like hate or love. It's like light through a crystal. Learn to turn the crystal, and the refraction patterns change.

If anything, I'd tend to think those who have such self-control are simply strong in blue-ray, which can be either polarity.

Besides, if we're talking about folks like sociopaths or psychopaths -who would be textbook negative types- it's really the exact opposite. They don't care as their natural state, but can put on a mask that makes it appear they do. I don't think it's likely one would use the "flip the switch" metaphor unless they were either very confused about their true nature, or lying.

Either way, I really wouldn't suggest you let it worry you. I'm pretty sure it's just one of those "different people have different ways" things.
Hit a few nails on the head. All 3 I've noticed are compulsive lyers. 2 I tried friendships with but felt like I was being manipulated nonstop so I learned to keep them at arms length.

The 3rd recently told me he "Doesn't even know who he is" so is certainly confused.
I have a tonne of compassion for him. Won't shut my heart off to him.

Interesting about blue ray. I'm going to have to think about that.

I get the controlling emotion thing regarding anger. I guess the difference is I have learned not to be angry, felt a tiny bit last week but generally compassion and understanding make anger a near impossibility. Fear ... I still get scared but not as much, surrender/trust helps that(balancing) Smile

But what would negate love and compassion?

Anyways you are correct it's just different strokes, but I'm being guided pretty strongly right now about watching for red flags and setting boundaries. It seems this odd sentence being said to me 3 times in two years might be trying to show me a lesson.

I tend to just love people, some people lie and I perhaps give them more of my heart than is safe. I wonder if I'm supposed to see the signs and not so easily let them get close, or that I'm supposed to keep letting people close but be ready and ok enough to not be hurt when they shut their heart off.

This is all theoretical, only one got really close to me and he's still trying to be close but at one point he shut his heart off(tried anyways) It sucked!

I think I'm supposed to learn from this and see the people who do this are attracted to my life (must be something I'm drawing in) so I don't get hurt like that again.
Just not clear how I'm supposed to do that:
1. let them in but be enough within myself that what they need to do doesn't hurt me
2. just keep them from having full access to my heart.
Always a new puzzle. Smile

Thank you so much for you thoughts

(01-24-2017, 11:16 AM)Minyatur Wrote: I think it is a tool that makes use of the timeless nature of the soul. It's more than becoming uncaring, it can also be used to channel a positive or negative configuration of the self.

So I'd say the state of uncaringness could be a strong (strong as repeating) negative pattern of the soul that needs to be resolved to not repeat more across the cycles. It's like a defense mechanism that makes use of the ability of separation.

How to resolve? The repeated choice to not desire to be cut off from one's love or light self. Acceptance of one's feelings instead of rejection.

Man you are helpful! Thank you so much.
That resonated like a clear bell... It's so foreign to me but so familiar.
I'm going to think about that and see where it leads me.

Thank you Minyatur!

RE: "Flicking a switch" / negative? - Glow - 01-25-2017

I'm to sleepy can't get my wording correct. I will try again tomorrow Smile